Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Trip to the Badlands

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Whelp, not surprising. Not like he couldn't at least take some educated guesses, but Crystal decided to let it go for now. So yeah, Aurora's suggestion was taken up and Crystal ordered himself another drink. "I used to hang with people that would argue that talking shit is having fun, but I concede. So, wanna talk about sex instead?" A mischievous grin was flashed at Aurora. "Alternatively we could just go hunt on our own on the dancefloor."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Saying Apollo was shocked was an understatement. 'Wanna talk about sex instead?' is not a phrase he thought he would hear from Crystal. Although it was based on limited interaction and observing him at consilium. Apollo looked surprised for a few seconds before a slightly approving smirk appeared. Aurora had dodged the hit list question tactfully, he didn't expect anything less. Still they had certainly tried. Clearly a big take home point for tonight... Crystal is way more fun when he has had a drink.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Get enough drinks in me, and you might get me to talk shit. But it’s not nearly as exciting as some make it out to be.” Talking shit with someone like Phoenyx? Yeah.

“Sex?” taking a sip, “Sure, but it’s a broad topic, can you narrow it down any?” a glance to the dance floor, “Dancing has never been my strong suit, but don’t let me stop you.” She’s spied a few possibilities.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

While it would have been glorious to get Aurora to give a repeat performance from the last Consilium, some things just weren't that good when you forced them.

At least she swallowed his suggestion to change topics, but the burden of carrying this conversation apparently was on him. Plus, Apollo remained awfully quiet so maybe Crystal just put his foot in his mouth.
    Eh. "Like, for instance," he took a thoughtful sip of his drink and looked around the club for inspiration. "Do you have a type? And if so, does that type differ between stable shit and one night stands?" He was pretty sure Aurora already told him some of that, but he was most likely hammered that evening and why shouldn't the new Shaman in town get the pleasure of knowing her likes and no-nos?

If any of you feel uncomfortable with that topic we can fade it out or change it completely!

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo smiled at Crystal, he had clearly misjudged him somewhat. Inappropriate questions... he approved instantly. "My type? Does male and with a pulse count?" He chuckled "No in reality its all down to one thing. Chemistry, its on a per person basis. It can range from some cute twink to some guy that looks like he is going to be playing the Hulk in the next movie. I certainly tend to gravitate to guys older than me. Like late 20's to 40's." He paused for a second, quickly adding "Not in a they are going to pay my rent kind of way or I'm waiting for them to die so I can claim their life insurance kind of way... just to be clear. And they need to not be married... I don't want that kind of drama in my life.... the short answer would have been I just see what Grindr throws at me."

"I am mostly a friends with benefits kind of guy. Sometimes one night stands... probably a lot more than I am going to admit." He shrugged "for anything more... stable than that. If I am honest, it would need to be a member of book club." for obvious reasons. He didn't want to put one of the muggles at risk just by association. Apollo finished his drink, flagging down the bar man and ordering another one of 'whatever this was.'

OOC
    Apollo

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Now that was a good question.

Sipping the beer, she thinks, “I don’t think I really do, I mean, I suppose someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously or who isn’t an arrogant prick.” That was probably a give in. “But where I gravitate toward one-night stands, they have to be confident and not get clingy.” Otherwise, why bother? “Looks wise?” a shake of the head, “I don’t have a type that catches my eye more than others. I also don’t have the patience or time for that stable shit.”

But then Apollo just lays it all out there, going into more detail than she was willing to. Not that she was surprised, sharing info just wasn’t her thing. A soft chuckle with a shake of her head, “No judgement here.” At the mention of not looking for a guy to pay his rent. “That’s never been high on my list either, I like taking care of my bills.” Then no one claims ownership or like you owe them something.

“That’s a good point about a club.” It saves headaches and having to hide a second life. And she was not about that.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing Apollo talk was like listening to a way more muscular version of himself. Crystal couldn't help but grin while he listened. "You're a man cut from my cloth. Cheers! And you won't get any judgement from this guy - my extensive experience shows that older guys are indeed more fun to be with. And anyone who tries to blame you for gold-digging is just bitter in my opinion."

Aurora's answer was not really surprising - they've been over this before. It was weird though: the way she stressed that she wasn't looking for anything long-term all the while stating LTR-material qualities as the main things she was looking for. Because who really cared if someone was a prick if it was a one-night thing? Okay, maybe people with a healthy sense of self-worth. Whatever. He resisted the urge to ask about that guy she considered dating half a year ago - the social contract for their drinking nights was that it was confidential after all. "I feel you. The more one has their shit figured out the harder it becomes to plan around other people's baggage. And you definitely seem like you do have your shit figured out."

They had a point about not steadily dating Sleepers - watching Corn trying to balance both lives while keeping them separate was exhausting. "I mean, the club comes with its very own kind of fuckery. Book-club-stuff sometimes bring out the worst in people, so I'm good with not seeing the same guy more than twice." That had always been kind of his rule, and since the last guy he wanted to get serious with dumped him during their third date it seemed to hold up. "As for my type: I'm really into bears. Don't know why, maybe it's just about digging my opposite or something, like a fucked up kind of narcissism." He waggled his eyebrows once, then emptied his glass a good deal. "But I agree on the married thing - there's nothing worse than a guy on the down low dragging you into their clownery. And funnily enough," he pointed at Aurora, "those guys are the ones who get the clingiest."

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo finished his second drink... well second drink that they had seen him with. He smiled at Aurora and held out a hand, he had no intention of her taking it but the gesture was there. "I think it's time to dance and get you that female attention. Us two can divert the male attention onto ourselves." He paused as his hand moved to gesture to the dance floor "Oh the hardship" he grinned.

"Lets go tear up the dance floor and party like its 1999 and before I get, if either of you want another night out here at some point I am game."

Spoiler
    Apollo

9. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Or,” she begins, “or anyone who tries to shame you can fuck off.” Raising her glass, cause that was her take on that.

A shrug, “Eh, sometimes I have it figured out, sometimes I don’t. Just depends on the day and the number of drinks I’ve had.” A smirk and wink. She seriously didn’t drink all the time, but lately, it was becoming a thing. “I just know I won’t take someones shit or baggage.” And figured she kept a good handle on her own baggage. Maybe.

“Urgh!” she groans, “I think it’s a special kind of fuckery, meant to zap any joy right out life.” Bitter? A bit. “And I totally agree on bringing out the worst in people, it seems to be the only time you can truly see someone.” Both from a magical sense and physical one.

“They are huh? Well, I’ll have to keep an eye out for that then. Married guys are not ones I come across a whole lot. Maybe it’s my background, but I’m pretty good at reading people, and married people just act differently.” They way they talked and moved their eyes.

The offered hand? Unexpected, but, what the hell, she accepts it. Finishing her beer, “I think you’re onto something there.” And there were a few women that caught her eye on the dance floor too. "Oh! Same! I live for a good night out!"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal heard what Aurora had to say, all the while downing his drink.

Then Apollo got antsy and moved the evening onto the dance-floor. Fuck yeah. "Step by step, everybody. We'll first have to survive this night!"

He followed them onto the dace-floor and enjoyed the evening as well as he could (very much).

Thanks for the cool scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread