Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2206) Autumn Talks 2: Electric Boogaloo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 21, 2022 : (2206) Summer Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Continued from (2206) Summer Coronation...

Rhodes-King-Husband-to-Sera-Queen calls for her. She can feel her fur trying valiantly to bristle under the muck-oil-slime, but she joins him all the same.

"um. Hi....Lord-Dread- Rhodes -King," she murmurs, she didn't think-expect. But she should have. It's happened before. (and it'll probably happen again-and-again-and-again-until....unless....) "Happy Solstice-Coronation." She wishes she had sleeve cuffs to pull. But she doesn't and all that there are her arms-fur-feathers. Cracked-broken-dirty, She doesn't know what to do with her hands. So they hang, limply by her sides.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Hello Ryleh," Rhodes said with a smile. "The same to you."

He paused, allowing the twist of his Mantle to put a chill back into the air. Then he paused a little longer, so add the suspense as he watched the Elemental.

After several long seconds, he spoke.

"I was simply wondering if you had given any more thought as to my offer last Solstice. I believe you could do well in the Leaden Mirror." He shrugged a little. "It is not for everyone, of course. But I had hoped you had at least considered it, even if you had decided it was not the path for you."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Grounds-Keeper-Circe-Queen draws attention to the Wyrdstone, it's very noticeable. She wonders how she missed it. Maybe there was something wrong with her. (more wrong then just gross-bad-wrong-wrong) After...this. She'll go and Swear. So she's a part, and not apart. Home-welcome-belonging.

"I have. Yes. I have." she says. Looking at the leaves, and feeling herself shiver, from tail to ears, spine chilling and haunted. "It would be glove-fit." she agrees, "But I've been thinking-talking. Glove-fit...might not be...good. There is comfort-snug. Not, challenge-growth." she says, still not looking at the Dread-Lord-Rhodes-King. The leaves. Trying not to shiver at the chill. She feels naked. She's wearing a costume. She doesn't feel like herself. She feels like she should apologues, she doesn't.

A voice whispers through her,
    don't be afraid to be yourself
    was it Gerrit? Colonel Worm?
    Someone else?
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord watched Ryleh, letting her words hang for a few more seconds with the chill in the air.

"I see." The words carried the hint of emotion, but disappointment or anger was hard to tell. His eyes remain fixed intently upon the Elemental. So. She believes there is a greater opportunity for growth elsewhere. After all, it is a choice not only of what we are, but what we seek to be.... and she seeks to be something else. Something.... away from Fear.

"And why do you believe my court does not provide the growth you seek? What is it you want to be?" The sentence was measured, but also loaded. Something in him could not resist finding out why, why this creature so steeped in fear would not seek to master such a strength.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Was he disappointed? Was he mad? Was he - ? Was he - ? The questions without answers roll and tumble through her mind. This. This is why she wanted....she didn't know. Would it have been better or worse if she came today wrapped in Summer? (Encased in Winter?)

"I-I..." she fumbles. "Fear is. Frozen-twitching-choking. It's...huddled in dark-choice-inaction-terror." comes tumbling from her mouth. "I don't want to be wait-pause-frozen-tension-anxiety-run-a-way." echoing the line she'd already said before. "I want....I want...." the words she said to Gerrit stop before they pass her throat and the frozen maw. Did she still want....? "...I want. To not. Be. That." she finishes lamely.

Then with a burst of courage, or the adrenaline of fear, looks up at Rhodes-king, and asks, "Why do you think. Autumn is-good-right-for me."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Is that so?" Rhodes replied thoughtfully.

And then it happens. That burst of confidence. Perhaps....

The Dread Lord shrugged and spread his hands. "From your first night hear you were afraid. That much was clear. And while you have clearly fought o overcome it, that it why I still think Autumn is a strong fit for you - because you understand Fear right down to your soul. You are bound with it.... as all Autumns are."

"We aren't just fearmongers. Fear - understanding it so we can live with it - is a part of our philosophy. I could teach you to live with your Fear - so that you control it and not let it control you. You would not be stuck in that state any more, but you would know - and remember - what it meant to be like that. To pass on that lesson." He thought for a moment. "There are techiques that would allow you to bestow such a gift on others, shielding them form their mortal fears. We all know what it was like to be truly afraid. The Autumn Count simply doesn't forget it - even find ways of drawing strength from it. Sometimes we even use it to fight back - less direct than Summer, but safer and just as pleasing.... if that bent ever takes you."

Overly large eyes met hers. "Of course, if you wish to forget everything about that part of you, then another court may well suit you better. I simply saw how much Fear holds you.... and yet you never let it stop you. The Ash simply makes that path.... easier."

His mantle had died down, barely moving the leaves scattered around them, but the whispers where ever so slightly louder.

Silver tongue indeed. But will it move her? Or is she set on leaving Fear behind?

8. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Fervent Fairest, Fear and Fast talk. She listens, because she can't not, not to Dread-Lord-King-Rhodes. Not the Fear-king, rhododendron on the vine, poison pressed, not when he's making a pitch and not when she's being offered hope. A No Fear Bulwark, A place without terror where she can settle into her own skin, and not feel like there's bird trying to beat and claw and tear its way out of her heart.

" - I - " words fail. She swallows, mouth dry. She feels like she can't b r e a t h e. It's like that for a while, the fox choking on air, gasping and grasping for something to enter her lungs and - oh. She's scratching her wrists. Blunt nails leave behind ruddy lines. Hardly visible under the black. "H-how....? Contract?" she asks. If there was a Contract out there that could protect-cut-off-strangle the terror instead of inflict and harm and lash out

....maybe. Maybe there was a reason why gloves fit.
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Jul 2nd, 2022 at 04:44 PM.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The smile grew a little wider. Desire and Fear were oh so closely entwined.

"Steady now," Rhodes offered gently. "Breathe." He waits a moment or two for Ryleh to settle before continuing. "Naturally, all Courts have Contracts tied to the emotions they resonate with. The Contracts of Fleeting Autumn do just that - Identify, inflict and control fear. In oneself or others. I thought this was something you knew. Summer does not just use anger as a weapon. The cold, slow burn of rage can forge empires and be patient in the way the explosive fires of the moment can never be - both are anger. It is the same with Autumn. Fear can be a scalpel, a bludgeon, a tool.... but like anger, allow it to close and it consumes you, so we must know how to keep it at bay as much as know how to embrace it. We simply do not repress or forget our fears. We master them."

That was it. She wanted to control her fear, keep it away. And with the bait set, it was ever closer.

"Perhaps we should meet outside of a celebration. It will give you the chance to prepare any questions you have. What do yo think, hmm?" He asks, easy Fairest charm smoothing over the rustle of the leaves.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

This...this changed everything. Her mind felt like soup. She felt like soup. Distant and floating. Why didn't she know? Why had no one told her?!

Far off and distant, she can tell Rhodes-King is still talking, Forge-fires, Fear-scalpels. Empire-bludgeons. Forget me not, mastery and control. It seeps through in bits and pieces, but R'lyeh can't focus. Can't -

Distant and far away.

"Yes, sure. Yes." she feels herself saying. Agreeing to...something. She doesn't feel Glamour rip through and the weight of the Wyrd, so. So it can't be that bad a thing she's agreeing to.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Shall we say a week's time, Edna's at seven? It will give you some time to put your thoughts in order. I will see if I can find some specific works on the topic in my Archive." Rhodes offered that easy, charming smile.

He waits for her to accept the offer before adding, "Still, don't let such things distract you from the evening. You are dressed for the occasion, so please, enjoy yourself."

If you'd be up for doing a scene for Ryleh, we can set one up out of the Coronation

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread