Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
91 - 99
DISPLAYED
(TRtH) The next Step

Mar 31, 2022 : The Road to Hell
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

I also agree there is nothing else to do but wait it out. And Aurora will agree that there either needs to be a coverup story...or people need to die. I'm ok with either a new scene or jumping ahead. I figured he'd want to chat with her...lol! :P

All right, so staying put until the effect end it is?

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Yep
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Yes

Minutes pass, then hours. The Paradox seemed to stretch the time Aurora and Apollo waited to days, moments only actually advancing every so often after a random amount of repeats. The Awakeneds' minds similarly circled around one topic: could they have stopped this? Could they have prevented it, or even handled the results better? Was the other one to blame? Was it their own fault?
    Whatever they had attempted, it did little to nothing to change things.

Over the course of hours Katie had managed to reach the door, only to find it locked. Her expression of shock, slowly turning into horror and then resignation was not easier to witness the fifth time, nor the tenth. The hot topic teen would ultimately sink to the ground, her sobbing never quite sounding authentic in the irregular rewinds.
    Stephanie similarly wound up lying on the floor, the broken bones in her face keeping her in a constant cycle of pain, passing out and waking up as Aurora's spell and the natural reactions of her body wrestled for control. At one point she started speaking, forcing words out in spite of the pain. Eventually, Apollo and Aurora could make out a complete sentence out of the fragments and stutters: "I only wanted to help them."

At some point the Mages' thoughts cleared - the fixation was a strong and present memory, but any questions they might have lacked the urgency now. A little later time - or rather: the Fallen concept thereof - seemed to fix itself. Gone was the constant pushing and pulling around them and it was then that they could appreciate what they might have taken for granted: the semblance of continuity.

With the item that might have caused all that destroyed (albeit scrutinized by Apollo) and the Sleepers just confused, barely responsive and shocked there was little else to investigate here. At least, nothing they didn't investigate, interrogate or scrutinize while being stuck in the Paradox-induced purgatory.
    The road to Hell, it occurred to them, was indeed paved with good intentions.

All right, let's call it here due to overtime (for which I am fully to blame). You can have a post agreeing on how Apollo and/or Aurora were planning on maybe covering tracks (just so both of you are on the same page there) and there won't be any new useful information nor is there any chance that what they are attempting is going to fail (within reason, of course).

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollos plan is to play this off as a bad trip. Someone has clearly spiked the coffee. (Thats the short version) In the end when its all smoothed over and him and Aurora are walking off his question is "Your place or mine?"
    Apollo

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora will offer up her place if Apollo is good with that. I can get a scene open if you like.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sounds like a plan
    Apollo

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

End scene!
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Page 10 of 10 First ... 6 7 8 9 10
Closed Thread