Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(2206) Raiding the Goblin Fruit

Jun 21, 2022 : (2206) Summer Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Anatole mentioned all the Monarchs but John - and how could he? The King of Sorrow was absent and has been for a while. Would that be a problem for the Freehold in the long run? However, this was neither the time nor the place to discuss this. "You're right. There seems to be a silver lining to all things." Because fewer residents also meant fewer people that could defend the Freehold. It probably depended on how you perceived a halway filled glass.

So Rhodes' had pitched the Autumn Court to R'lyeh, or at least he started to do so. Gerrit wondered how set the Elemental was in her opinion about that glove that just fit a bit too well. "Glad to hear it. It is always better to weigh all your options and get as much information as you can." When the Fox asked how he was Gerrit couldn't help but look around the room again. Have either of them showed up by now?
    He pressed his lips together for a brief second when he couldn't see either John nor Cassandra, then caught himself and regarded R'lyeh again. "I am doing well, thank you. Lots of costumers lately so I'm always more or less busy."

And then the new Summer Elemental joined their group. Gerrit tensed up a bit, but managed to work his sore muscles into a polite smile. "I second what Anatole here said. I'm Gerrit. Welcome to this Freehold."

Then Circe announced that the wrestling was about to begin. Despite looking the part, Gerrit really had no intention of going toe to toe with anyone - with Wyrd's ire chances were pretty good that someone was going to get hurt real bad. At least he could count on the Wizened to stay with him at the sidelines.

2. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

She nod-nod-nods to Gerrit's words, "You need to know to know to know." trying to remember. Here-now. remember the Wyrdstone. Open-welcome. No need to dash-run-fright. Right yes, right. She nods again. Just to be sure.

Trying more of the fruit-juice-ice, she try-smiles at Anatole. A silent thank you. Because it is good and nice and good. Yes.

Then to Fire-steam-Summer-Talia "Hi, yes, Hello!" forcing herself passed. Passed. Before-speaking-gloves. "It is very strange-weird-nice...? That people here are open-friendly-talkative...?" she mumble-says, words and tone twisting things into questions. It might be because she's unsure, or it might be because Questions.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia took the fruit "Thanks, I would ask what it is but I fear that may ruin the surprise." She looked towards the other lost in the group. "I'm Talia." They know that idiot, The Summer Queen told them all. "What are your names?" Expertly asked... not.
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

5. Bump "Bump" this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole grinned mischievously when Talia accepted his offering.

"Embrace the fear! Adds to the spice of life!"

The wizened truly could not help himself.

His sparkling eyes softened slightly as they passed over Ry'leh - a soft encouragement for the timid, tongue tied Cat.

"Anatole is my name now. My original name wasn't my choice. Neither was this one; but I've come to own this name. My friend here is Gerrit. And Rl'yeh is a distant kin of yours; another Elemental."

He paused, switching to a much more casual stance while he tucked into the fruit in his hand.

"You settling in?"

Goblin fruit in his hand, he turned toward the ring as first Circe and then Sonnie Wu beat out their challenges. A monkey Beast in a bikini and a blue elfin ruffian. Anatole felt both his bushy eyebrows rising in... confusion.

7. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

It takes a momement for steam-fire-Talia's words to parse, and when they do. R'lyeh facepalms, "I am very sorry-yes-" she stumbles over herself and Anatole's words. Wizened-gnarled-burned-dwarf-Anatole introduces them to her. Like a nice good at this-thing-person.

R'lyeh waves, eyes distracted-caught on the shadows stark-bright-Gerrit-and-Anatole's-shape-moves, it is strange-weird-interesting "This name is my choice." she says, instead of Mantle. Layers. Interactions. Answers to know. Questions not (yet) Asked. "It is a dare-challenge-gauntlet-thrown." she blinks, waiting for Fire-steam-Summer-Talia to Answer Anatole-dwarf-gnarled-burned, instead of tumbling over, and plunging her down in Questions like a riptide.

Besides, Circe-Queen and Sonnie-Claviger are to begin their bout.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit nodded in response to R'lyeh's statement. It seemed circular and not all that insightful, but there was a core of truth to it: sometimes you needed to know to know to know.

Anatole introduced Gerrit again, but he was used to being overlooked by now. Besides, getting burned by a Summer Elemental once was decidedly enough for him, thank you very much.

Names were a funny topic. They were a way to shape your own story, to own what you've been given - like Anatole - or to start anew completely. "You chose that name? May I ask what led you to it?" He hoped he wasn't being too nosy, but the Blightbent's name was just a random combination of sounds to him. That would have made sense if the Fae chose it for her, but that way there had to be more to it.

Since Gerrit wasn't a huge fan of either show-fights or more-or-less dressed women the fight of Circe and Sonnie didn't draw his attention much. He'd rather wait for Talia to share some more of her story.

10. Likes , liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia smiled at Anatole "My name was not my choice either, but I decided in an act of defiance I would own it and take it back. I am settling in fine-ish. There are a few logistical complications but nothing I won't sort out in time." She turned to pay attention to Rlyeh, interested in her response.

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

She knew, she knew, she knew. But she'd forgotten. Stupid-stupid-stupid. Her hands find each other, and her fingers twits-twist-twist. Feeling herself heat up, the attention sudden but not. She brought it-invitation. Lit gold-glowing.

she's an elemental just like you
    not true-not true-not true
    blightbent-stain-antithesis

"It's. A dare-challenge-gauntlet-thrown." she says again, mind grasping and swirling and - wasn't that Summer. Teeth bared. Name like a becon? "It's. From Lovecraft." she settles on, "The city where Cthulhu sleeps." she continues, feeling slow and tired and drained. Rhodes-king, earlier. Circe-Queen and her bout, Sonnie-Claviger striking like a whirlwind. You don't have to Be Summer to Fight. She's just. It's a lot.

"I-I still want to talk." because it's true. Just not right now. "...but. Wyrdstone." she explains, turning her back and relizing, belatedly with her want of participating, she'd left her back open to view. Her scars lay bare.

She runs away heads to the Wyrdstone

with 2 days left I'm gonna skedaddle off to the main thread and make sure I do the Wyrdstone

13. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole grunted while he watched the fight. The bout was going unexpectedly, not because he doubted Sonnie Wu was a capable fighter but because he hadn't expected a Summer Sovereign to receive such a merciless beating so quickly. He coughed, shifted on his feet so he didn't have to watch the Gunbunny Smurfette crash to the ground.

"Yes! Your name is a challenge? How...?"

He turned quickly back to the others.

"Defiance, eh? Glad you claimed a little of your new self then. I didn't claim mine like that. I bought it and earned an identity with it through my own blood and .... No that won't do. Anatole is a persona I use when playing the markets. Anatole has earned me a pretty penny."

But the Blightbent Cat was already moving away. And Wizened paused as he caught a flash of scar tissue defiantly standing out among the oil stains and scabberous sores. Even with his own burned hide, he was still surprised, and his eyes widened.

He popped another portion of fruit into his mouth, also hoping that the the Fireheart might continue her story.

15. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien

Mantle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia smiled at Rlyeh and called after her as she left "I look forward to catching up with you some other time Sister." they were both Elementals, that meant they were sisters right?

She turned back to Anatole "Talia means gentle dew from heaven." She paused "I was taken... to basically be the lady of the volcanic lake. Sounds fancier than it is. I was the object that powered the jacuzzi." she was of course majorly playing it down. "I decided to keep the name in defiance and so if I ever meet my keeper again she will know exactly who I am whilst I take a lot of satisfaction drowning her... preferably in a pool of her own blood" and there it was, the sheer hatred she had for her keeper, the wrath that kept her moving forward. Every step she took was an act of defiance against a being that had attempted to keep her down and every step was a massive middle finger to her keeper.

Talia took a deep breath, changing the subject. "You play the sock market? The closest I come to that is playing the Goblin Markets"

17. Likes , liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread