Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2206) Raiding the Goblin Fruit

Jun 21, 2022 : (2206) Summer Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole moves across from the main group to the tables of food, drink, and Hedge Bounty. The Wizened Smith doesn't waste much time either, gently picking up speed until he is right by the tables.

If you watched closely you'd see him gently peruse the Seasonal offering of Goblin Fruit; his raised hands dance gently over the shiny fruit as his fingers stray to caress the fragile shells and leaves which still wrap tightly around some of them.

His first stop is the booze. You might him mutter and grumble as he passes over the fruit punches, juices, and the wine. This dwarf is seeking something stronger and he exclaims happily - at last! - when he discovers a small bottle of bourbon whisky hidden away. He pours himself a drink, sips thoughtfully, and returns to his examination of the Goblin Fruit

Feel free to join him, everyone

2. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Continued from (2206) Summer Coronation...

Gerrit followed Anatole, but he didn't take anything to eat, much less to drink. He seldomly did so during those Coronations and he was doubly careful with untested Goblin Fruits. A chat with an old friend would have to do instead. "Anatole. You seem to be in good spirits. Nice to see you again." Blodshot eyes wandered over the gathered crowd, which seemed a bit smaller than it once was. "How is life treating you?"

4. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

The burned dwarf raises an eyebrow as the big Ogre joins him; his mouth, vaguely hinted at beneath his effusive curls, curls into a wry smile ashe sips his beverage.

"Yes. Yes. I'm feeling a little light hearted with the warm weather this year. Life is good. I've been saying for a while how fortunate I've been - how a lot of my little schemes have been paying dividends at last. Wealth is secured and by my own reckoning, so is my... persona among the mundanes. I'm taking stock now. Content, as you say."

He paused, tearing his eyes off the Emerald Sovereign as she drifted closer to their group.

"What about yourself? How is your business going?"

Unable to restrain himself he placed down his drink and dug into the goblin fruit. He picked one: all frosted leaves and succulent, shiny, interior.

"Have you ventured into the Hedge lately? I have found it much changed and not necessarily for the better..."

And then his gaze followed Gerrit's.

John was gone. So was Worm. Cassandra was absent. A frown spread over his features.

6. Likes , liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Content? That sounds like a reason to celebrate all on its own." What did it say about Anatole that Gerrit didn't know squat about any of the Wizened's schemes? And to hear him use words like 'light hearted' to describe his current mood? Gerrit couldn't help but feel a needle-prick of envy for a brief second: it just seemed so easy for the Ashen Courtier.

The Nix' laughter rang like wonderful bells through the room as if to stress the point, but it broke his train of thought in the process. Gerrit cleared his throat and turned his attention back to the Dwarf. "My business is doing.. fine, I'd say. I have secured a handful of loyal customers already." Not enough to be content, but maybe that feeling was not something a Winter should strife for either way.

Next Fairest in line to grab the spotlight was Circe - then again, it was her Coronation today. Her bringing in the Wyrdstone made Gerrit look for R'lyeh. Did she ask Rhodes for the chat or was this the Dread Lord throwing his pitch?
    "It changed?" Anatole's claim forced Gerrit's focus back and sent a painful shiver down his spine. "I haven't, really. What exactly do you mean?"

8. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Continued from (2206) Summer Coronation...

Stumbling as much as she can stumble. Preternatural grace is enate even as her eyes seem distant and seeing something far off and not at all there. She's quick to join Gerrit and Anatole, eyes focusing now on the food and drink and Bounty laid out,

Belatedly she looks between the Wizened and the Ogre, "...hi." a far cry from the enthusiasm from earlier.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

10. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole turned an attentive ear as Gerrit began to speak. His features blanked for a second as he took in the Onyx' words, surprised.

"You know I've never quite thought of it like that. To see my contentment as something of an achievement. Celebrate..."

He didn't salute with his drink, still on the table. Instead he offered the Stonebones some of the fruit he had picked.

"Try this. Its good... More appropriate for the Winter Season, say I. Taste's like a fruit ice."

He caught the Ogre's tension. The proffered fruit retreated slightly - not out of genuine malice but simply to keep the change in mood.

"Eh. We made a deep foray, tracking through beyond our usual paths. Found a trod we did - not a big one, mind! - and we decided to follow it. Deceptive place. Bones littered the ground, hidden by mulch and leaf litter. Something happened there but we couldn't fathom what. Something bad or nasty. The trod left little evidence to say what though: We found a minor path cutting off to one side - barely a path at all; and John picked up on some rags stuck in the Thorns. Not much else."

"We chose to press on with the main path as that seemed to be going somewhere. Encountered mists - not a natural Hedge phenomenon. It was cover. A working of the Wyrd. So we got ready and came across an Outpost from some other Freehold or Entitlement or what have you. All Crimson Courtiers. All liars. All afraid."

He sighed.

"Disappointing expedition really. They won't be any help against Anne, of that I am sure. Thats why the Hedge feels changed. Time was we could feel that our Freehold was the only outpost in the green wilds beyond - around here, at least. Now. Anne's lot are still out there. Now these guys. Starting to feel a bit hemmed in, if you know what I mean."

He spots the quiet Blightbent.

"Hey. Want some Fruit. This one is like fruit ices."

He bluntly thrust out his gnarled fist, holding out the fruit to share with Rlyeh

12. Likes , liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Well, I think if one knows how much worse than 'content' it can get, it suddenly doesn't sound too bad, does it." You could, for instance think you were content and then your Motley just dropped off the face of the earth, leaving you with the ire of the Wyrd.

"Thank you, I'll pass on the refreshments for now." Knowing his luck he'd get the one fruit that was somehow bad or rotten. He could do without poisoning himself.
    When Anatole recounted what they found in the Hedge the Ogre's Mantle flared up, taking out all the dazzle around him and bringing a starkness to the immediate air around him with a crack. What's worse, John apparently had time to delve into the Hedge with Anatole. I wonder if Cassandra was with them too.

1 successes

Despite the curse of their broken Pledge he managed to keep his face in stony neutrality. "That sounds bad indeed. Do you think those Lost are going to be a danger to our Freehold or are they merely passively hiding out there?"[/color] Depending on how well one could reason with them they might prove to be an asset, after all. And Anne was high on the Freehold's list of priorities.
    Still, he understood the Wizened's concern. "With all the change out there as well as in our Freehold we just have to stay flexible and communicate well. The most reliable and capable of us are still around." This time he couldn't completely hide his disdain for those who haven't stuck around.

He tried to swallow down his irritation when R'lyeh joined them. It was too easy for her to think it was because of her. Just as she greeted them though, a painful itch flared up in Gerrit's throat - the Stonebones coughed a disgusted and wet cough.
    After a few moments he was finally able to talk again. "Hello R'lyeh. Did you have an insightful conversation with Rhodes?" A bitter voice in him wondered whether the winds of her Mantle-to-be have changed yet again. And that voice made him even more irritated - he thought he had managed to get a good grip on those negative feelings, he thought he had embraced Winter's stoicism.
    Well, if wishes were horses.

14. Likes , liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

She blinks, mouth pursed as she takes in the gnarled hand and the thrusted offering. She take it, tries it, "Thank you." and smiles. "It's good." she tells him. Feeling more. More. Settled. Maybe? Less floaty. Sugar helps. Talking? Maybe?

And Gerrit! Good-great-Gerrit! "Hi," oh right she said that already. "It was....it was...." her mouth opens, but the sounds is stuck in her throat. "A lot. I guess-think. Uh. He wants to talk-talk again. Outside of - " her hand. The one not holding the fruit ice, waves around the high striker. Noticing Circe-Queen go tot eh Wyrdstone and do the thing. Which. Yes. She needs to go. Do that. Later.

"But. Um. How are you? And you?" she asks them both, making sure to look at each of them. Trying to do small talk, and not just abandoning them to put her own Glamour into the Wyrdstone and claim that feeling of home. She has stayed, it can wait. They're not gonna run her off if she doesn't go right to it. They know here, it'll be okay.

oh god it feels like she's going to puke
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

16. Likes , liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia made her way over to the group. The Goblin fruit look particularly juicy. She cast a glance over at it and then to Antole.

"Hope you don't mind if I join you do you?" She paused "Sorry about that I wasn't expecting everyone to be so friendly."
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

18. Likes , , liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

The burned dwarf's bushy eyebrows rose and fell as he continued talking with the Ogre. He shrugged, nodded, and popped another segment of the frosted fruit into his mouth.

"Yes. I would say so. Queen Circe of Summer remains a solid, if loud foundation. As always. My Lord Rhodes, also in his way. Queen Seraphina, also. Our Freehold is small but it is stable; better this than a larger Freehold filled with transients and where you never who is around or who has left. We need some stability or else our lot is very hard indeed."

He let R'yeh take another portion of the fruit, taking the time to pause and arrange his thoughts. The arrival of the Blightbent had him catching up with the changing conversations around them. His eyes bounced over to Rhodes and then back to the drowned cat, glittering. If there was any questions on his tongue, however, the Paladin of Shadows remained silent. Fear was a personal emotion after all and what passed between her and the Dread Lord was not for him to know.

Talia joined them. Anatole looked down at his gutted fruit, the remains of which were begining to wilt under Rl'yeh's miasmic aura.

"'Cause you can join us. And of course we are friendly. This here is a small Freehold. We all know of each other, one way or another. What affects one of us affects us all. On top of which, we are all transients who have made a home for ourselves here. We know what loneliness feels like. Why load our few connections to others who have travelled as we do with spite?"

There were better uses for spite.

Anatole scrounged for a new fruit, picking one similar to the first he had chosen and offering it to the Elemental. The shadows, pooling under his feet, rippled and bubbled where his shade-like mantle encountered the Summer Courtier's simmering aura.

20. Likes , liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread