Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Albert, Jennifer and Co

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had made a suggestion to go and sit to talk. She would not mind if others joined, as well.It was Elysium. Nothing was private here.

Jennifer walked to where she had been sitting before, nodding to Dr. Baker.
    "Dr. Baker. Good to see you. Shall we sit?"

The Nosferatu claimed a seat.
    A gaze moved over the room, observing where every Kindred was briefly. The autumn eyes focus on Dr. Baker.
    "I trust you have been well since we spoke last? I was thinking that we could meet in July to speak our occult interests. I have purchased new volumes that may interest you."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Albert nodded as well with a friendly smile and sat down.

"Good to see you as well, Priscus Hazelton."

The question concerning his well-being was answered with a slightly strained smile, as the recent calamity of the Circle forced new duties upon him and he didn't like that much.

"Mostly, yes. Though there have been problems arising, which require solutions, for instance the fact that it might be my duty to claim the post of Hierophant for the time being..."

Upon the mention of appointments for the reading circle and her having acquired new books, he strain faded and was replaced with interest and enthusiasm.

"That is most fortunate and I do look forward to it. Which volumes have you acquired ?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The Nosferatu looks around the room briefly.
    Her autumn eyes lingering longer on the Seneschal and the newcomer. Jennifer smiles pleasantly to the doctor. At the news that he might be on charge of the Circle, the expression changes to one of concern.

" I'm sorry to hear that." Jennifer replied. She recalled an earlier letter and resolved yo think on it briefly.
    "How are you feeling about that prospect? Your covenant leader has not responded to your correspondences?"

"I am still organizing the new purchases. I should have it completed within a few days. My current tomes focus on North American occultist, like witchcraft.
    I'm currently broadening my private library. I have of course, purchased some books in original language as I do intend to seek out a teacher of languages."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded with a sigh. After all it was nothing he wanted to do, but something that had to be done to prevent any newcomer from claiming the rank just because it was still free. That wasn't how it should be...

"First and foremost it is my duty to the Circle. It won't be fun, it will in fact be a lot of work and consolidation. But as they say, duty isn't meant to be fun... You see, normally I would have been content not being in the situation to take the post, but I can't afford to do so, as it needs to be filled by a resident, anything else wouldn't do..."

When the topic came to the new books and there was a bit of elaboration he raised an eyebrow quizzically.

"North American occultism ? Indian rites and Wiccans or what can I imagine on that topic?"

The next matter was also a difficult one and it took a while to voice the question that hung over him and by extension the rest of the family now that Quinn was not there and probably wouldn't for some time. After a bit of hesitation he spoke.

"As I'm speaking about things that need to be done, I need to ask you, if you have any idea about plans for the family Quinn might have discussed with you or plans involving you in some fashion, as Mr. Wells and I have decided to determine where we stand and in what direction we might develop and I assume we're not having the full picture of the plans and intentions of our Priscus..."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I understand. Sometimes a position is not sought, yet one has a responsibility to see the responsibility addressed. It is a concern that it has come up that the position is empty."
    Jennifer glanced around the room momentarily as she thought. No one seems to be giving the conversation any notice.

Brown eyes focus on Dr. Baker. " I have focused on accumulating a wide variety. I was made aware that I needed greater variety with the investigation that I dubbed " dropping bodies ". Thankfully, I have rectified some of that.
    Shall we plan to get together to explore the new volumes?"

"I'd be happy to discuss plans with you. I know that the Mekhet Priscus had told the nosferatu family in March that she planned to have our families converse." Jennifer looks to Albert with some curiosity.
    "I'd be glad to speak with you on the matters in some privacy. I'm sure that you have spoken with Mr. Wells on your personal concerns."

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded with a grave expression as if to ask what was he to do about it other than his duty.

"Indeed it is. And yet it appears to be the lesser of the problems that have arisen lately..."

Again he nodded. He had scheduled a meeting, though when it would come to that and what results it would yield were not to be determined yet.

"I have contacted him for a meeting in which to determine the essential decisions taken on the future of the family here. I'm not exactly sure when it'll be nor can I predict what the results will be. Regardless we can't afford to wait and see when she'll return. If she does. Which I do hope will happen..."

When he resumed speaking it was almost like he was talking to himself rather than her.

"Those are things I never quite liked about life. One day it's playing cards during the passage and the other day it's lying on the beach and the moon rises..."

When the topic shifted again to books and scheduling a meeting the gloomy expression was replaced with a slight smile, as it lifted the mood from the crevices it had fallen into.

"Yes, that would be great."

Closed Thread