Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Confidants Chapter 1 In like a Missile

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Within Capital Park, Mr. Jake is standing unobtrusively in a darkened corner of the park. Sharp eyes can spot shattered glass sprinkled about to create this pocket of blackness in Sacramento. Mr. Eddison Jake was a skinny, unobtrusive Black man who held his Beast Cloaked. He stands around 5'11'' with a closely cropped hairstyle. He has an unobtrusive air. You likely would look right past him, unless searching for him, specifically. He wears a grey off the rack suit with a violet pocket square.
    You had been given little information with the reason that you could have easily been overheard. Some information had been disclosed within Elysium. Were your words already being whispered around Sacramento? You have had three hours to form questions and plans.
    The time for the meeting has arrived. Do you arrive early and make preparations? What do you do?

Please list your character’s appearance and any equipment in the first post. Blush.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Xan parked the car nearby, having given the soldier time to shimmy out of his shirt and coat in the back seat and put on the thin Kevlar vest. He was probably being paranoid, he granted, but they were no longer on Elysium and Things were Afoot. He carefully re-dressed, spending some of his vitae to infuse his face with a more human color, and got out of the car. Xan did as well, turning to 'valet' at him, making sure his tie was back in place and that his jacket sat smoothly, hiding the majority of the bulk of the thinline armor. Once Xan was assured he looked as clean and pressed as he did before entering Elysium, the soldier turned and began looking for the others.

He recalled, for not the first time, that he needed to take the time to relearn how to use a gun. Swords were wonderful against Kindred, but carrying a sword in the modern nights was... problematic; while guns were far less effective, they were also easier to carry and would not draw the ire of those with a mind towards the masquerade. Perhaps soon, he and Xan would take that safety class she'd found for him.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Al was slowly on his way to Capitol Park, where Mr. Jake and the others were supposed to be. His briefcase at his side, though it contained not much except writing material and his emergency purse. It were times like this that made him wish he had some skill with melee weapons and a weapon, an operational firearm and more than rudimentary skills in that. Should there be a trap at some point, he was almost defenseless and he hated that.

"Though there isn't much to do about it at the moment, is it?"

After having changed his clothes to some more appropriate for outdoors, he forced himself to resume some bodily functions, took his cane and exited his haven. It might be a long way and not very speedy as well, but what did it matter? Discomfort helps to outgrow some bounds.

A while later he appeared at the park, dressed in a grey Glen plaid tweed suit with a brown cardigan and a blue Gingham shirt with leather boots and a grey trilby hat as accessoires. Feeling the urge to run as he felt someone already present, he stopped and spent some moments composing himself by mentally reciting the oath he had sworn when being inducted into the Circle.

Approaching the two figures he greeted them with a nod and joined them in waiting.

"Mr. Quartermain."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

(Blush !)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Capitol Park. Well, why not ?

It's been some time since Helen has been there, but so far, the number of meetings in that place that went to shit is 0 %, which is a pretty good rate so far. Maybe it even stays that way ? Not guaranteed, but why not kep ones fingers crossed.

She has used the time until the meeting to collect a few items that might be helpful and change, especially as she isn't too sure yet how far she can trust these guys. As far as she can throw them ? For the time being, the guy she could probably throw the furthest is the guy she feels she can trust the least. As is, that is. Because of that and the fact she doesn't really know much about things, she decides to go in light. No bags, no luggage. And it feels like the other guys are all pretty overdressed, but then, that's what stuff does to folks.

Hence, she's back to jeans, t-shirt (dark blue for tonight) and trainers for the occasion. Hair pulled back into a ponytail and the leather jacket, not just for protection, but also to help conceal the .357 at least a little. Normally she doesn't bother with it too much, but tonight ? Might be trouble ahead, especially if things move fast, so she's brought it along together with the telescopic baton. Just in case.

Seeing only three people there, she chides herself for not taking the time to scout the park out properly beforehand, but then, too little time ! So she slowly walks up to the small group that has assembled, seeing oif she can spot anyone else who's just not in the open.

2 successes

Slowing down a little as she fights off the urge to leave quickly and prematurely, she gives everyone a wave as she arrives.

"Looks like I should have gone for the suit and tie as well, eh ?"

Equipment: .357 (holstered), telescopic baton, notepad, pocket knife, pencils, magic marker, wallet with 70$, pen light, lighter, pack of Camels, roll of quarters

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

Mr. Jake nodded to the three as they approach. "Mr. Quartermain, Dr. Baker, Mrs. Kingsley. We appreciate your willingness to help in the matter. I know that we were unable to give you much information before." A glance to Helen.
    "An associate of Dr. Baker's has reached out to us to establish a haven here in Sacramento for her arrival. She has told us that she witnessed something startling, a crime, in the Domain that she resides. She believes that she will be framed for the crime. The sire, Mr. Tressilian, has remained in place there to try and finesse the situation. He has heard that a highly regarded lady has sent her protege, a Madame McIntyre after Mr. Tressilian's daughter. Mr. Tressilian believes a rumor that he was told that Madame McIntyre has a family member here in the Domain."

A folded piece of paper is slowly brought out of his jacket and held out towards the group.
    The letter

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

The solder glanced over the letter, listening to the explanation slowly. "This... associate is the witness to the potential childe being injured? And is the person who is coming to Sacremento?"

While polite, he was certain he could not keep some of the dubiousness out of his voice. There was a level of uncertainty here - if nothing else, why this domain should have any cares of another and why they should be involved. He glanced to the other two, considering - if the 'associate' of Baker's was close enough, that would explain his involvement, and thus the domain's. There were many pieces missing still, he mused.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al listened and the more he heard the higher one of his eyebrows rose. It was clear there there was intentionally some room for questions but that room was big enough to guarantee deductions not of points but whole marks. Furthermore the facts that were given at this point were unsatisfying and needed clarification, as there had been some quite questionable decisions taken though the problem was at his doorstep now. After a combination of clearing his throat and coughing into a handkerchief he spoke still looking skeptically at Mr. Jake.

"Mr. Jake, you have to admit, that the explanation given to us was quite brief and is lacking in information, especially concerning the whens, the hows, the whos and above all the whys... As any thing you know is of help and interest to us, I do think I speak for my colleagues as well when I say you might want to elaborate on that."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Madame McIntyre arrived later and did not see the attack. She saw an individual who has been accused of being the attacker, Mr. Quartermain.
    Dr. Baker's friend did witness the event in it's entirety."

Mr. Jake looks to Dr. Baker. He appears surprised.

"We are not providing you with enough information? I need to elaborate on that?
    I don't think you understand the situation."
    His look moves to take in Helen, Robert and returned to Dr. Baker.

"My family were told precisely what you have been told. We sourced, created and safeguarded housing for the individual who is coming to town because of your presence here, Dr. Baker.

I met with Madame McIntyre to salve her anger. As well as imply that your friend is in a completely different area.
    All of this without the suggestion of largesse or compensation.

On exactly the same information that you were told and included on the sheet of paper."
    His tone is irritated.

"I was under the impression that you were taking over the problem, as you have a personal interest. And are more experienced with situations such as this."

As the coterie was composed of young kindred, placed together in a mixed coterie by their sires.

Mr. Jake offered a sheet to Helen. If one looked at it, it bore two lines McIntyre 555-342-7853
    An address at a penthouse in the luxury condos district
    And an address in the residential area which was clean, and quiet. Yet affordable.

"This is the person seeking the young Lady and where she can be found.
    The second line is where the young lady will be staying. You need more information and should seek it from the two individuals directly involved.

I thought you would have been paying attention to current events, yet I am obligated to tell you that my family's home was burned down. While we were inside. I have to spend some time and considerable resources finding suitable accommodations for my family.
    I hope that you three will be able to help your friend, Dr. Baker."

apologies for skipping Helen, I have a free minute now.
    Go ahead and skip ST next round to give Helen and co adequate posting time and time for characters to discuss

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Well, isn't that a lot to take in. So this McIntyre lady's coming after this Tresillians kid and might have mortal family in the area... Helen reads over the letter quickly. So Tiff managed to get permission and three folks that don't like him put Camp through the wringer pretty bad. They were seen by Tressilian and kid, who are the only ones on the scene seen by McIntyre, and hence under suspicion. Not that 'three people' narrows it down, but then, where's the fun in that anyway ?

She decides not to weigh in immediately like Bobby and Doc Bakey do. While an infant idea alrerady forms in her head, she's trying not to get too attached to it in loight of the significant trade-offs. Instead, she makes some notes on her notepad.

"Let's see if I got all that right so far.

That Camp kid's been put through the wringer pretty bad by three folks who don't like Camps wannabe-Sire a whole lot. Trssilian and his kid saw the whole thing. That McIntyre lady only saw the Tressilians, not the three others and figured those two obviously are behind the whole thing. Tressilian's staying at the place that stuff happens to calm the waves, his kid is coming here. She or her dad are working with you, Clark and Sanchez. I guess your job is to either help the kid stay hidden, make sure Camp doesn't get messed up further so it can be proven Tressilian and his kid are innocent, or both."

She scratches herself behind the ear with the blnt end of the pencil.

"In any case, I think that also means to evade this McIntyre woman, who's looking for what she thinks is a scumbag on the run. Or try to push her towards realizing she's after the wrong person. In any case, somebody burns down havens with folks still in them. McIntyre can be talked to and we know where lil' Tressilian lives. Biggest issue is Camp is somewhere out there, or not, and somebody we don'tr really know runs around and torches perfectly good havens while the guys living in them are at home. That about it in a nutshell ?" she asks Eddie Jake.

"As I see it, you guys plan to pass the torch and get your heads down after what happened. That would've been the first question, how do you guys figure we split the work thats piling up. So the remaining question is, how do we find Camp and keep folks from the Tressilian kid and how best to deal with McIntyre ?"

She looks over to Doc Bakey and Bobby Quartermain. Maybe they have some pointers that might help ?

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

The Soldier glanced to Baker. "This appears to be your... association," he said quietly. "I am willing to back you however you choose to play it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread