Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Arkwright Cemetery: Gathering of Haunts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Jennifer Hazelton

Jackson leans in slightly as Helen addresses them.
    "We need to get along with those around our level.'" He considers. "That include Whip O'Brien?

I plan on avoiding the Mekhet Priscus.
    We need to deal with these folks to get to know them. Alright."
    A glance at Rufus. Rufas makes a small nod, and both face Helen and Jennifer.

Rufus' eyes widened slightly around 'on principal' potion of Helen's statement.
    "Higher rank starts the conversation and ends it."Rufus repeats quietly.
    "The Archon creeps you out?" Rufus repeated. "What she do? She eat somebody really weird?"

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gives Helen a long look. That was quite an impressive primer.
    "Very
    nice, Helen.""Whip O'Brien is considered acknowledged in the Domain, Jackson. He has some Clan responsibility, some people put stock in that.
    I would advise speaking with Dr. Baker, Helen, Mr. Conner Wells, Whip O'Brien and Alder Quartermain."
    A small smile. "And myself, of course. You can approach me."
    The smile sobers as a thought occured.
    "I mentioned that you don't need to worry about the Covenant matters for this court. Listen to how folks are introduced to you and follow that. Whip O'Brien is how you refer to Connor O'Brien. Priscus Hazelton for myself."
    Jennifer managed to over the rudimentery things that she believed were important. While glossing over or simply appearing not to hear anything that she did not want to discuss.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"That include Whip O'Brien." Helen confirms. "Think of him as your big brother who's in charge when mum and dad are out. Doesn't mean you have to put up with all he says, just when you don't, do it at home and not outside in front of others when you can."

Nope, she's not going to make this too easy for O'Brien. Where's the fun in that ?

"Why the Mekhet Priscus ?"

Well, she knows Quinn was involved in the first meeting somehow, even if details escape her. The back reference to the Archon ? Could've seen that coming, really...

"Nah, just had the job of publicly flaying a guy who broke the rules pretty bad. Necessary shit, I guess, but I think she was pretty much into it. Dunno, I think that was some fucked up shit, if you ask me."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Okay, like Shane, kinda. Okay.

And doing it at home... like talking here? Oh, the pretty priscus told us what we would be doing in our haven."
    Rufus supplied to Helen's question. "She said some fancy words that let us know she's educated. But -"
    " But we were unaware that we needed to be presented. The Whip told us some of it. Then the priscus here," a nod to Jennifer. "- has been coming down to educate us for the presentation. Including banishing us and having us do something of a service when we're acknowledged. Which I guess is now.

She flayed someone? Is- does that happen a lot?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glanced to Helen. She looked as though she were about to say something. There was going to be a good car ride back to the city, Jennifer thought.

"I do need to correct myself. I stated that Whip O'Brien was acknowledged by others. As of the Formal court, Whip O'Brien is now considered recognized by the others." Jennifer stated matter of factly. Keeping track of everything to impart to people could become a snare, but she needed to be accurate. She watched the three fellow Nosferatu to see if she needed to inform of anything.
    Helen was imparting some great information. ​Jennifer thought.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Note to self: Keep an eye out for the Shane guy. Sounds like a fun guy, really.

"Among family, when there's no others around. Might be here or other places, depends on who's there and who isn't."

She nods as Jackson explains the thing with Quinn.

"Not too regularly. But when you break a tradition and try to pin it on somebody else ? Some folks think he was getting off light."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Oh shit, that does sound ... bad." Rufus looks between Helen and Jennifer and looks like he had planned to say something else. "So that's not something we need to worry about doing at Court then. Okay."
    Rufus and Jackson consider this for a few moments. "Does sound like we're going to have to spend more time in the city. Leaving Tobias and the others here." Rufus mused.

Jackson looks like he's in deep thought.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I do recommend that you come to the city. There's nothing wrong with what you have carved out here." She looks around the quiet, shadowy building. She looks back between Helen, Rufus and Jackson.
    "I would be glad to show you around the city. You could create allies that could help you find meaning.

I will have Liam come back before that night to hand you some keys. I recommend driving up the night before and staying over. It is quite a drive to the more center of the Domain."
    A look to Helen.
    "It has been an entertaining few nights at Court, lately."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"It is. The guy was flayed in Elysium and got kicked out of town for good. Serious business, that sort of stuff."

She decides not to add what she thinks about that sort of stuff. Not helpful in this situation, really.

"Its something to think about, yeah."

A look back to Jennifer, but she decides not to comment here.

Jennifer Hazelton

The two Arkwright haunts glance to one another.
    " I thank you for that." Jackson replied. " You have helped prepare us. I believe there's nothing else to consider.
    We simply must make our way the best that we can.

I do want to thank you both for making the way up here. I know it's far out of your way.

The next meeting, let me know the location and those of us who pass will come out to your area.
    We'll see you at court."
    A few minutes pass for goodbye to be exchanged.

Then the time of night for the three to carefully make their way back to the car and make the long drive to the domain proper.
    Would another visit to this forgotten cemetery happen soon? It seems that the Arkwright Haunts were ready to travel to Court. What shall unfurl there?

Scene closed

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread