(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Further findings were compared and Corn just kept the wagon rolling at neck-breaking speed. Well, that was far from the truth but it is what it felt like for Crystal. Which kinda took the decision out of his hands for the moment: announcing to leave the Order now would just break the meeting wide open and they had so much to talk about.

But it didn't feel like he was running away from the decision, the decision has been made. And he would have to face the music afterwards. So for now: Order business. Fuck it, they were already talking about mind-wiping people so he was in way too deeply at this point. When Zeromancer finished his account the Mastigos nodded and straightened up in his seat. When it was his turn again he didn't just act cool anymore, he was actually cool. "Thank you. I think with the information given I'd cast my vote for Belle. All of your achievements sound impressive and worthy of accolades, but that one seems to take the cake- seems to be the most impressive out of the bunch. I also agree on keeping it a secret since it doesn't seem to pose a threat to anyone - or be the sorely needed solution to a problem the Consilium is facing right now." Bringing stuff out of the Twilight-domain of a murder ghost and a double Mastery were really no shabby runner-ups.

Crystal swallowed even though his mouth felt dry. It kinda felt like those minutes of doubt after taking that small smiley-faced pill, after railing another line. Those minutes you wonder whether you've taken too much this time. And really, the deed was done, so all he had to do is buckle up and ride it out.

"About your question Daduche Corn: I'm afraid I won't be able to help in that matter. My understanding of the Arcanum has yet to grow deep enough to effectively 'wipe' anything." And he wasn't even going into the morals of it. That seemed like a useless discussion.
    He didn't add to any of the other concerns - talking about security when he was about to bail seemed fake and unnecessary. He would be fine.
    He always had been fine after riding things out.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes , liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zero took in everything, he was impressed with his fellow Mages accomplishments. "I would like to vote for Belle as well, that artifact should lead to many future advancements in our knowledge. Because if what you say is true, and I really want to study it, the magic behind lifting the veil of a Sleeper without disbelief is strong. And I would have to come in at you Corn , as Censor I agree we need to keep any artifacts we collect a secret. At least until we learn more about them. We do not want to give anything away, especially something as powerful as a choker that lifts the veil. So as of right now, I will be revoking your access to the artifact. As I do not see any reason to let the others know what we have or are studying. I understand you are wanting peace between the Orders, but there is such a thing as speaking too much. And revealing this or any artifact we have not had a chance to fully study to the other Orders is speaking too much. I have seen from my previous experience back home what knowledge of artifacts, weak or strong, can do to an Order from both the inside and out."

"I also find it quite alarming that you would ask Crystal about performing mind wipes on any within our Order. That is not how this Order should run. We should trust our fellow Mages in the Order as we will have to work with other Orders eventually. I myself have worked with Arrows and Guardians alike to keep the mysteries safe. So to not trust a mage of our Order is they decide to leave in my book is considered to be an act of betrayal against the Order and the Magics themselves. So I would urge you to reconsider your stance here."

Zeromancer took a breath, not meaning to admonish the leader of his Order but he needed to speak for Justice sake. As what he was hearing was not right for either Order or his fellow mages. "As for the pick axe, thanks Aurora for the question, well when bringing it across it looks as any ordinary pick axe. And though I was not sure as I have only taken weapons into the Twilight, it seemed as if bringing it through made it material. Which leads me to think this can be done with other things. And maybe, just maybe leading us to find the ghost of artifacts that we can bring back through to study in the material."
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The nod returned to Belle, “Of course.” About leaving containment up to Zero, that was his thing. Looking from Belle, to Zero, “When your schedule gets an opening, I would like to ask a chance to study the object. Rules set forth as you desire them.” She had yet to really get to study an artifact, but wanted to do it right and by the book.

Sounded like Belle understood, and she gave her a thankful look. “We, as an Order, have a job, per say, to do. And that is to keep the artifacts safe and hidden.” Only pulled out when lives were on the line or the Seer’s got a wild hair across their asses again.

“I agree with that sentiment. One should have to earn the privilege to study an artifact. And should it be decided I have not yet earned that privilege; I will respect it and work to earn it.” But surely she had. Right? “I don’t tell anyone in other cities shit. I’ve reached out before, but that was at the urging of the Circle as a whole. As far as I’m concerned, what we have here, in this room, is no one elses concern.” And she would stick to that.

“If, down the road, the Silver Ladder somehow learns of the artifact, then I believe the Order should make the call as to handing it over. But only then, if that ever comes up. I don’t like secrets when working with people, but what we have? It is imperative we keep it to ourselves. Who knows what others would try to do to get their hands on it. From those we call friends to Seer’s and the like.” To her, it was not worth the risk.

The talk of killing another and the Mysterium issuing orders to kill others clouded her face. Lost in her thoughts for a few moments, memories she wanted buried, risen again.

Blinking a few times, “Well, considering that is a Life spell she used, pretty sure I could do it again.” She put him to sleep the first time. “If you want another to use that sort of magic, you ask them. You’re both adults and I’d just prefer to do it myself if it was needed.” Why bother an Arrow with that? Then a slow shake of her head in disbelief, “Whoa,” a hand held up, “you want to wipe someones memories? Don’t get me wrong, I see the benefit of it, but I believe something like that should be a last resort.” But wow.

And Crystal just seems to glaze right over the whole thing. Saying he couldn’t if he wanted to. But did he want to? What were his opinions on something like that?

Then Zero did something she would not have seen coming. Revoking access to the artifact.

Damn.

“I agree with Zeromancer. I’ve worked with both Guardians and Arrows, both as a Ladder and as a member of the Mysterium. I trust in them until they’ve given me a reason not to. And it might seem like a stupid idea, but the Arrows and Guardians of this city have yet to betray me or the Awakened as a whole.” Just her two cents.

There was clear and obvious interest as he talked more about Twilight and the pickaxe.

“Interesting.” A far away look for a moment, “I believe it’s something worth exploring. With my Mastery of Spirit, we should be able to safely test the bounds and limits. Maybe with mundane things first, nothing valuable or anything.” Like an artifact.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn listened to Zeromancer without signs of hostility; he doesn't feel personally attacked and can see where the censor comes from. It seems there have been a couple of misunderstandings he should clear up.

"Censor, first thing first, as I mentioned it is your prerogative who and how will study the artifact nor I have any issues with your reasoning. However, it seems there has been some miscommunication.

I did not suggest speaking about the artifact to the other orders, very much the opposite. So revoking my access to the artifact on those grounds seems a bit far-fetched. However, you are the censor and I don't plan to undermine your authority here. I disagree with your reasoning but it is your decision to make.
    I will repeat for the third time: We will not give that artifact to the ladder without a very good reason, so discussing about it now is premature.

As for mind-wipes, I didn't suggest affecting the mind of anyone in the consilium, much less the order! Come on man, you should know me better than that.
    What I said is that the Apostate we call a Banisher, knows about the artifact. And from the apostate the other orders may find out. And I don't want them finding out for the reasons we both stated.
    So, I wanted to know whether erasing that knowledge from his mind before he revealed that information was possible. And that's what I suggested: Mind-wiping the banisher instead of planting a bullet in his brain.

So...
    " he looks around to those gathered:
    "Any ideas on how we should stop the Banisher from revealing the existence of the artifact once captured?

Even if we incapacitate him, unless we are the ones to interrogate him, the artifact would be revealed. And we don't know that. Aurora , if we suggest to Phoenyx openly and honestly, that the Mysterium wants to be the ones to interrogate that mage because he has info we want to keep secret, do you think she will agree?

Does anyone has another idea for keeping the existence of the artifact secret, that doesn't involve killing the apostate in cold blood?
    "

As for Belle , Corn looked to the gathered "As I would also vote for Belle to receive the prize, I think we are all in agreement that she should be the one taking it. Unless dadouchos Aurora disagrees, I think we can declare Neokoros Belle as the winner of this contest. If that is the case, I would have a private discussion at some point with you Belle, about what you want and what I can do about it."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

And wouldn't you know it? It was always those silent, brooding guys that could go apeshit at the drop of a hat. And that one is the Mysterium's very own Guardian-Lite. And this time Crystal couldn't even really see why everyone was piling up on Corn.. maybe something in the way the guy talks? With his part in both the prize-voting and the mind-wiping spoken, he only watched everyone butt in.

Should he be more concerned about a Banisher making the rounds? Shouldn't Phoenyx be all over that shit? Slowly, the Mastigos started moving his foot in a slow rhythm. It couldn't really be called tapping, but it helped him pass the time. When Corn asked about any more ideas Crystal waited for a chance to speak then chimed in. "Uh, do you even know for certain that the guy was after the Artifact? From the sounds of it you didn't exactly have time to chat, right?" But eh, maybe he was trying to convince people to chose the path of least resistance again.

Finally, Corn announced Belle the official winner of the Order's contest and Crystal clapped for the other Warlock with genuine bravado. Because she was a Mystagogue who was into all that with all of her heart.

8. Likes , liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle beams at the praise she receives from the various Mystagogues. Though there is that little nagging piece of humble pie lodged in her mind-throat. "I'm sure anybody else here could've put in the same effort. I was just in the right place, right time. But I'm really grateful for your vote of confidence, and I want to keep earning it." If Belle has her way, this won't be the first discovery that will put Belle's name in the lips of the Mysterium Order.

Zero seems REALLY interested in his Censor assignment...and in vetoing any Mysterium-gone-evil shenanigans. Belle's still not sure Corn counts as a mad scientist/Magi yet, but she appreciates the attention to principle. As well as Corn's clarification. "I think Phoenyx has proven herself to be more than capable of getting results without killing people." She thinks back to the Arrow's kangaroo court 'Trial' last Consilium. She was willing to get in trouble with the Consilium to protect innocent lives; that's earned her this Mystagogues' support. "Regardless of his intentions, we've kicked this guy's butt before and we can do so again. If he learns his lesson and decides to be less of a jerk...and isn't a Banisher or some other threat...maybe he can be convinced to just live quietly here." Belle's willing to consider the possibility that this guy isn't totally bad news. Or at least that he can be 'persuaded' to not be bad news.

"But we can't get ahead of ourselves." Belle's a woman who likes to think of the present. "Hypotheticals are great for the lab, but not in dealing with people. I say for the interloper we focus on what we know and let the details sort themselves out." For all the Mysterium's strengths as an Order it didn't teach a lot of interpersonal skills. Which might explain why we tend to clash with the more worldly-minded Magi.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A glance to Corn, “Have you considered that if he does indeed know of the artifact, that he’s told others? After all, he was selling the information, no way to be sure he hasn’t written it down or told a trusted ally.” Just a thought.

“But as for any ideas? I don’t have any until we know the scope of his knowledge. Planning for the worst is best, but I’d rather see what he knows for sure first. Why bring a sledgehammer when a pool noodle would work.” Shrugging. Bad analogy, but it was all she had.

Shrugging once more, “Again, you would need to discuss it with her. I’ve never known her to be unreasonable, so I would imagine something could be worked out.” But she would not speak for the Arrow. Sure, Phoenyx was her best friend, “Her and I have never discussed Order business.” And she liked it that way. Politics could divide friends, and she wasn’t willing to lose one of the few she had.

“Well, technically, if one didn’t want them to blab the secret, but didn’t want to outright kill them, there is always turning them into an animal, like a fish or something similar that can be contained and kept alive.” She was a Master of Life; it was totally a thing. It could be done without death to the subject.

With Belle announced as the winner, a smile was offered to her, “Congratulations.” Belle deserved it, she had been busting her ass.

To Crystal, “In my opinion, from how he spoke and what he said, he has an interest in it. What his knowledge of the item is exactly? I don’t know. But he was very passionate, very sure of himself. Which could either be ego or he was trying to sound more dangerous then he was and psych us out.” But again, hard to say.

In her opinion, they went easy on the guy. She could have easily ended the threat with a simple spell, but she didn’t. She was better then what she had been that day. “If motivation is needed for him to fuck off, I’m pretty sure that can be worked out.” An edge to her voice.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I understand now where you are coming from, but still we should not be mind wiping anyone, friend or foe. Additionally we are not going to be mentioning word of any artifacts that we may have to any other Order period. Belle and Aurora, I would like your help in researching the collar, as I think that three of us cover most of the magics."

Zeromancer felt a small tinge of guilt going after Corn for a misunderstanding, but needed to stand behind his choice as he believes that where the Daduchos nature is to try to respect all Orders, it is obvious that the other Orders still regard us as the secret keepers.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

To Zeromancer , Corn nods. "Very well censor. Unfortunate but I also see where you come from and it is your job. It will be as you say, as far as the artifact is concerned. How we deal with friends and foes is not your job but I also see your point there. We don't have the ability to do it, so the discussion is mute anyway. "

About the banisher, his allies have given him a lot to think. He tried to think back in the encounter.
    1 success

"Good points all. Crystal , I vaguely remember from September that the "banisher" said something about 'bringing some items to a safe haven'. It is very possible he does know about the artifact. Which brings us to the very unfortunate point that Aurora said; while Crypto probably did not know about the artifact, or he would have sold us the information for a much higher price we have no way to be sure the apostate we encountered there is the only one that knows or tracks that artifact. Which brings me to a different matter that I think the Censor would agree:
    Even if that guy, who is an apostate as far as I am concerned and a madman, proves that he owned the artifact personally, we are still not giving it back. The artifact belongs to the Mysterium order not a madman.

The good news are that as Aurora and Belle suggest, talking to Phoenyx and telling her that this thing is Mysterium business and she shouldn't talk about it will probably work. So that's not going to be a problem.
    The possibility to keep him around as a puppy... First, I am not taking that puppy anywhere near my haven. 'Not it', as we say. That said... could he have the mental capacity to use his awakened mind as a puppy, Daduche? His soul will still be an awakened soul. The issue is if he could have the mental capacity to form an imago. Is it possible to turn him to a long-lived plant instead?
    "

Corn was aware that he was talking about a human being and a mage and that he has moved from 'mindwipe' to 'turnip-turning'
    "Just to be clear, Zero and Aurora... this is a last resort and temporary measure. I am not suggesting such things with an easy heart."

checking the time on his phone his eyes opened wide. "We're running late. Anyone else has something to add? I am very pleased with this meeting and our progress as an order."

If anyone is OK, we can close the thread now.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

13. Likes , liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a lot to be said about turning people into animals - or how nobody seems to take any further offense in the suggestion. If someone lost their mind after being transformed, wouldn't that be just as bad as killing them? Corn's suggestion to go for a plant instead seemed also pretty.. cold blooded, even if he claimed otherwise.
    But both Aurora and Corn thought that he knew about the Artifact and therefore warranted getting out the big guns. So he conceded the point and gave them a thumbs up. "I second Belle's idea of going in with peaceful intentions first. While I don't want to have any of you hurt I somewhat want a pissing contest with another Cabal or something even less." Also, they've seemed to default to calling that guy 'madman'.. but the politically correct way of talking about people was not something Crystal wanted to discuss right now.

"I have nothing else to add. Thanks everybody."

I'm fine with closing.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread