Watch

Mysterium Meeting VI

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

I has been several months since the previous meeting. Many things have changed.
    The Athenaum had now rows of mundane, even if somewhat hard to track, books on various topics. The safe held an artifact of major power in a hidden compartment. Persons have arrived and persons have left.

Corn has arranged the seats as usual, in a circular fashion and is dressed in his Mysterium robes. As in every meeting he has held or attended, there is a terrarium with the grubs that emit a soft magical sense. The Grimoire with the rotes of the Order stands on its pedestal and there is a desktop computer, a quite older model, sitting on one of the desks. On the far corner is the metallurgy workshop and the tools. The smell of freshly cooked cinnamon buns and warm coffee is prevalent in the Athenaum.

As before, invitations have been sent with the usual reminder that robes are optional but a good option regardless.

Belle Guru Aurora Crystal Zeromancer
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Even though Corn and he had met recently (and thus the Moros knew the extend of the Mastigos' diligence), Crystal knew that he didn't do shit for the challenge their leader had issued at the last meeting. As a punishment he dressed down today, wearing a simple apricot colored shirt and white cotton slacks. It was off-the-rack and he didn't particularly enjoy arriving like this, but he hoped the gesture of repentance was appreciated.

He entered and beelined to one of the chairs, put down a leather messenger bag containing a notepad and some pens and waited for the meeting to start. "Hi Daduche Corn. Been a long time, huh?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle's eager to have new Mysterium business on the horizon. As rag-tag of a group they were, they still knew how to work together and get stuff done. And that stuff was what got Belle up in the morning: magical discoveries.

She's dressed in comfortable shorts and a tank top. But over the light, loose clothing is a blue robe with elaborate gold thorn patterns around the hem and sleeves. If Corn wanted to see Mysterium robes, she wasn't about to disappoint.
    2 successes

2 successes

The warm smell of morning sweets and the comfortable hum of the outdated laptop brought a smile to Belle's face. As much as she enjoyed adventuring, this was where her heart was. This was home. "Daduche Corn. Daduche Crystal." She gives semi-formal nods and bright smiles to each of her fellow Mystagogues. Though Crystal gets a raised eyebrow when she sees how...mundane he looks. Normally he stands out like a neon sore thumb. Something going on there? "I take it somebody prepared snacks? Good to know that Guru's not the only one who knows how to keep secret societies happy." ​She gives Corn a pat on the shoulder as she drifts towards the smell and, unless stopped, will pour herself a coffee. She'll restrain herself until after the meeting is concluded before gorging herself on sugary goodness.

6. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Of course, robes were optional. And of course, she wasn’t wearing them. Whoever decided robes were a thing needed to have their head examined.

She goes instead with a comfortable charcoal gray suit with sneakers. Comfort would always come before any type of uniform.

The last meeting was fairly uneventful, so she was expecting this one to be same. Walking in, she had an energy drink in hand, her free hand held up in greeting.

“Hey.” Walking over to a chair and sitting. Crystals outfit caught her eye, but for a different reason, it wasn’t his usual style. Did she miss something? As for Belle? Her outfit was knocking it out of the park, taking the whole robe thing to a whole new level. "Looking good Belle." compliments the Shaman.

8. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

" @Belle dear, you are sight for sore eyes. Beautiful robes" Corn said. Then he greeted Crystal "Hi Neokore, all good? Your ensemble is usually more... glam."
    Aurora walks in in casual clothes and Corn greets her too "Good afternoon, Daduche. I hope all is well with you.

Anybody knows if Zeromancer would arrive shortly? I have a few things I would like to bring up for discussion.

I will start with the simple explanation of the new books you can see all around. These are mundane books, written by sleepers for sleepers. Many of them are your run of the mill books about history, chemistry, etc. Others touch religion, secret societies etc. You can track them down with time and patience if you hit a lot of bookstores. Or, you can find them easier if you work for a bookstore and have the right programs. If you want to borrow a book from these, or twelve, feel free to do so, but please remember to return them. If you want to show something to another mage, take these books, and not our other books, out of the Athenaum and show them.

That said, I want to make the place... cozier. A room where you will feel comfortable chilling in with a book. Something more central to our days than just an Athenaum we visit only when we need something. So, if anyone thinks of something to bring and add that would make the place more attractive, please do so.
    " he said looking around.

The new books are different than the library merit. They can be used with the investigation skill, but mostly they counter the "no reference library" penalty.

10. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Any comments or looks concerning his look were either not picked up or ignored as one after another people came in to get the meeting going.

Belle really knew how to work that fantastic robes, he had to give her that. But unless he was way out of the loop he wasn't a Daduchos and he couldn't quite tell if it was a slip-up or a well placed barb on the other Mastigos' side. "Hey Belle. Sweet robes."

Aurora got an appreciative raise of his eyebrows and a smile. The morning after their last little get-together was shit, but it was worth it. "Hey there. Everything okay?"

Corn's introduction made him think back to the afternoon he spent with the Moros. Seemed like Corn had no problem following through when he made plans - good for him. "Thanks for the contribution. As for Zeromancer - I haven't heard of him. Maybe he's just running late?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.

+1
    SL
    PRE

And as if on cue, Zeromancer walks in wearing a black duster coat, black shirt with his podcast logo, blue jeans, and black boots.. "Sorry for being late, I am just all over the place recently. Mind if I grab a cup of coffee then we can start."

Zeromancer was sincere in his apology, he is rarely late and hates it when he is. He grabbed a coffee and took his seat in the circle.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A slight shrug, “I’m surviving. And you?” he appeared in good spirits, or he was a good actor. But this wasn’t the place to directly ask.

“Not sure, someone could call him or something.” Or they can just wait for him to arrive.

“Any books on the history of Arabic? It’s the language I’m currently studying.” And it was a bitch to learn.

Cozier? Is it supposed to be cozy? She wasn’t sure.

Nodding to Crystal, holding up her drink, “Oh yeah, everythings good. You?” the morning after not bad for her. But she cheated.

As Zero made his entrance, “Were your ears burning?” she asks with a chuckle. “How you doing?”

14. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

The room fills up with familiar faces, and Belle particularly lights up at Aurora's compliment. "Thanks! Love the suit, Aurora." Though it looked a little out of her budget, Aurora's look definitely highlighted her shimmering blonde hair. Of course, as far as Belle was concerned, Aurora could wear a paper bag and still look gorgeous. Thankfully though, Belle's far too caught up in the here and now to dwell on envy. She takes a seat close to Crystal, but not before waving to Zero as they pass to and from the coffee station. "Hey, Zero." The guy was clearly interested in respecting those around him. Unlike some people. She shakes off the intrusive whispers in her head.

Thankfully, the library talk is quick to draw Belle's attention. "So an in-house library for mundane subjects? Nice! I'd prefer print over digital anyway. Less traceable and easier to proof check." She can already imagine spending an hour or two curled up in a comfy chair reading up on architecture or biology or dragons. "Any rules on adding to the library? Do we have to scrub personal books of sympathy before bringing them up here?"

"I like it." Belle nods approvingly to Corn's suggestion of beautifying the Atheneum. "Make the place feel less like a sterile lab and more like a...clubhouse? Cozy den?" Either way, she was clearly interested. "Some natural lighting maybe? Or perhaps one of those essential oil infusers to make the place feel a bit more chill?" If Guru were here he might've suggested a little extra in those infusers. "I can probably throw in a bean bag chair or two for some lounge space." No need for their little book nook to be uptight.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn greeted Zeromancer when he arrived not making mention of delays and he repeated for his benefit what he said about making the Athenaum more cozy, a clubhouse as Belle called it. Aurora gets an impressed look. "Arabic? Books about the history of Arabic? No, but I can find one. Along with Latin and Aramaic, you probably know all the languages spoken in the Levant up to the Crusades, Daduche! " Well, expect Sassanid Persian but these guys didn't stay around for long. Corn thought. "That is very impressive."
    He turned to look around at the gathered. "Something all of you know, but still needs a reminder from time to time, as an academic order the Mysterium appreciates people knowing stuff. Daduchos Aurora is a linguist. I will not let her go with the usual 'no biggie!' humbleness that we have come to expect from such a talented individual. Really, Daduche Aurora, there are a lot of snobs in the San Fran Mysterium that know half of what you do and they still walk around as if they are peacocks. If you don't believe me, ask Neokoros Crystal . That you are so down to earth despite that wealth of knowledge in your head speaks highly of you.

And while Praising the Daduchos, let me say another thing: In a recent, stressful and challenging situation, Daduchos Aurora showed great... wisdom, for lack of a better word. " I wish she didn't. God, how much I wish she didn't... Corn thought to himself. His expression darkening for a moment and he drunk from his cup to hide the emotions that broke through the facade. This was about praising a mage that did the Wise thing despite the challenges. The loss that resulted was still a void and a jab in his chest when he referred to that choice. But Aurora made the Wise choice, the enlightened choice.
    "The matter I refer to is personal to me, so I would appreciate if you didn't go asking more details. Aurora made the right choice and it was not an easy choice."
    He should thank her for making that choice, but he couldn't go that far yet. Corn is not sure he will ever be able to thank Aurora for making the wise choice that night.

Another sip from his coffee to banish those thoughts back to the dark hole in his heart.

"Changing gears, let's move to what the Order has accomplished since the last meeting, and all of you are welcome to add anything I forgot.

I think the crowning achievement of the past months, is the acquisition of a powerful artifact. Belle, Aurora and I, got that artifact and Belle figured out what it does. If she wants, she can tell you more about it and the legends surrounding it. Keep in mind that artifacts of any power are highly sought of. It is not just the Seers we have to watch over here. This artifact is powerful enough to potentially draw unwanted attention from other mages.

Neokoros Guru , Belle and I brought to the Athenaum copies of books about the Supernal Realm of Aether and the celestial bodies that I managed to trade for with some of our peers in other cities. These books comprise much of the work of the Mystagogues of California and they are very precious. Since the main purpose of the pentacle is to strengthen the Connection of the Fallen World with the Supernal realms, progressing the work beyond those books would be good for everyone in the world. Literally every human except the Seers. So I invite you all to read those.

Furthermore, while attending some Moros business in the Cemetery, Neokoros Zeromancer helped me bring a pickaxe from the twilight, that used to belong to an ancient ghost.
    " Corn said and pointed to an ordinary looking pickaxe near the metallurgy workshop. "Those of you that have heard object from twilight are fragile... are correct.

Neokoros Belle on top of helping to secure the artifact, figuring out its functions and helping to bring the books about the Aether here, is also looking into the hostile mage we encountered while looking for the Artifact.

Neokoros Crystal is currently doing some research that we discussed a few days ago, so I don't expect he has results yet, but if I am wrong, Crystal, feel free to correct me.
    "

Corn stops and looks around.
    "I remind you all that today, if possible, the caucus will decide which of you will receive a permanent, master-tier enchanted item I will make for you, according to my powers. We will do it by vote as decided in the previous meeting and I will discuss the reward with the winner in private. Neokoros Guru should be included in the potential receivers of this benefit as he has worked for the Mysterium before other duties called him away. He helped us acquire much of the materials we need to make Thaumium. Neokoros Zeromancer has, I think, the means to help us turn the gold and silver to their perfected forms.
    We are close to making Thaumium, people. Not a lot of it, but it is within our grasp.

Before we move to other subjects, I would like if you could all vote for whom you think should receive the reward. If anyone has anything more to say about his or her achievements this is the time to present them. Don't be shy. As mentioned, you cannot vote for yourselves and you cannot vote for me. Votes from the Daduchi count double.
    "

Since the titles Daduchos and Neokoros are Greek words, I use the conjugate words as they would be in Greek.
    Here are Corn's suggestions for the voting, if you want to refresh your memory

17. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread