21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(2206) Sanctuary

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo entered the room, ready to say hello to everyone with his usual enthusiasm. His hand started to raise to say hi and quickly lowered as he read the room. Something wasn't quite right, but that seemed to be every day that contained a "d". He walked up to the group, catching the last part of Pucks speech. He opened his mouth to speak and quickly closed it again. Nope! Not today Satan! Not today!

As he approached the group he raised an eyebrow at Aurora and Nevermore. To him it meant 'what did I miss' , to them it could have meant anything.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn shook his head as Puck unloaded yet another attack and addressed Phoenyx .
    "I am not trying to pick fights with Councilor Puck, Phoenyx. I was trying to have small-talk with a friend and then Puck took offense over me congratulating Aurora."

After giving nod towards Apollo , he turned to Puck, and said calmly,
    "So, let me see if I understand correctly: When you attempt to impose your will by shutting down conversations you don't agree with, or impose your views on my family as to what is permissible in our pursuit of happiness is fine? But when I congratulate Aurora and ask a simple question or I try to have a conversation to verify guilt during a trial, then I am an authoritarian nazi?
    As for your view of Eugenics, do you honestly equate an attempt to not pass hereditary genetic disorders like Down Syndrome to my children with genocide, strong discrimination, marginalization of entire segments of society or third reich practices? I didn't suggest killing people with disabilities, councilor; just improving my chances to not pass such a condition along.
    Sleeper expecting mothers take vitamins and abstain from alcohol, tobacco etc. in order to reduce the chances for genetic disabilities on their children. Would you call that Eugenics too?
    If the problem was the use of magic, then when I asked the council to put down some guidelines or laws about unethical uses of magic, why didn't you use your position to the council to start a discussion and perhaps have a vote on your views? You actually disapproved the notion of declaring some practices of magic as unethical in Sacramento, beyond the few examples of the Lex.

Regardless, I appreciate you telling me what is your problem with me. I think you are dead wrong about me but I doubt I would change your mind. "
    Puck just said that he was not looking to mending differences and based on the number of times Puck has turned down his attemps to find common ground, he believed him.

"Unfortunately, you don't seem interested in discussion with those you disagree with, but confrontation. And that, councilor, means you are trying to force your will to those that disagree with you.
    Personally, I am more a live and let live type, I generally believe in discussions and trying to find common ground and I would enjoy the barbeque. Aurora , I find this an excellent idea." he said honestly. "May I suggest we do that barbeque on the garden of the Circle?"
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

A vaguely Irish voice snaps Belle out of her fuming, and she realizes that Phoenyx and Aurora are trying to keep her from falling into that all-to-familiar trap of making family dinner all about the holiday shitshow. Breathe...just breathe... She sighs and looks between the two ladies. "I'd love to hang out, just text me and I'll be there." There's a bit of a forced smile as she relaxes a bit, eager to know that there were cool heads willing to hold her accountable.

"Barbecue? Sounds like fun." She directs a hard look at the known Acanthi in the room. "IE a moment to get along for five minutes. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to schedule an open symposium so whoever wants to can argue their hearts out." ​A ideals fight club? Perhaps there was merit to that. "But hot dogs and beer over nothing, hell yeah!"

She steps over to Nevermore, an apologetic smile on her face. ​"Belle, welcome to Sacramento. I'll take you up on the drinks, but I doubt I'll get to round twelve." She gives a look as if to say But I might get damn close.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

While the Arrow positioned herself between the two, Aurora remained seated. Maybe those two needed to come to blows, maybe someone had to kick someone elses ass for them to all fucking move on.

Then a voice of somewhat reason. “Seems you get it more than others.” Bonus points for that. “I’d be willing to take you up on that twelve. Many good bars in downtown.” And now she really wanted a drink.

And then it begins.

Again.

“The peace should be kept because at the end of the day, this bullshit is going to be used to destroy us. You don’t know what it’s like seeing your reality ripped from your hands because some assholes decided to fuck with it. I choose to overlook my personal beliefs to try and keep the peace and find a way to work together. Because at the end of the day, working together is what is going to matter.” Plain and fucking simple. Shaking her head, more to herself then anyone, “Make amends, don’t make amends,” shrug, “I don’t care anymore. But you are both becoming a liability.” Blame was not with one, but both.

Catching the look from Apollo, she shrugs again and shakes her head.

Corn adds more fuel to the already raging fire. And the Shaman simply closes her eyes, and reminds herself that using Arcana to mute people or turn them into fish for time out was not acceptable.

To Belle, her face softens as she stands, “I’ll shot you a text and we’ll get something fun planned.” Cause god knows she needed fun right now.

“If we want the barbecue to happen, let me know and I’ll get shit setup.” Another shake of her head, “But I’m heading out.” And walks out.

Aurora leaves the scene, and will not stop to listen to whatever else is said

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow met Pucks gaze with a level one of her own. "Down syndrome directly affects the wellbeing of an individual child. A rhetorical question is if any of us had a child with a dibilitating condition that would permanently affect their entire life and we know there is the capacity to change it, would we leave your child to that fate? However," she adds quickly, "the question of whether one should alter genetics to help cure genetic conditions when one has the capability is ongoing in the sleeper world and will not be resolved here regardless of their personal opinions. That the two of you differ in your views has been made abundantly clear." She turns to stare equally at Corn. "By coninuing to put forth your arguments you continue the engagement. Continuing to fight your entrenched corners every time you cross paths, no matter how civil your language, is futile. However, it should be clear to each of you that the rest of us have had enough. The Circle of Creation is supposed to be a safe haven for this concillium of which you are both members and Councillors. Behave as such - and before anyone points out the irony of that I am already paying my dues for what was ruled an error in judgement and anyone is welcome to come on my duties to watch. Take your issues with one another out of group meetings or issue a challenge and be done with it."

Phoenyx turns her back and steps slowly to the wall, where she leans against and folds her arms, watching the room. She can feel the tension. She had heard of Arrows having to be guards and peacekeepers in other Concilliums, but this felt more like babysitting an out-of-control debate club.

Her thoughts, ever since Corn had asked about using Life on his child, had been mixed. She understood his concerns, even sympathised with removing a genetic condition like Downs syndrome. To her, that was trying to give the child the best life it could have. There was a line between curative medicene and eugentics, but no-one in the world had decided where that line was and neither Corn Nor Puck were going to be satisfied until they were seen as "right", but neither of them could be. It was all shades of grey.

She pulled out her water and sipped it, watching the room.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

6. Likes liked this post
    Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Smoke rises from him and the area is filled with the faint scent of gunpowder.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 10

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Personal Spells: 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

"Fuckin' hell," he said, pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked between the two of them, then to the rest of the room. This was... a boil, a buboe, the bubbled up -crap- that spawned from disease.

"So when's the challenge, lads?" Nevermore asked, returning his gaze to the two of them. "An whose squarin' ya circle?"

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Welp, that went about as well as he should have expected. Not because of his own behavior, but the established patterns of apathy and ignorance he had come to expect from Aurora and Phoenyx.

​"Conversation's over." Puck looks to Nevermore but he's clearly speaking to others. When the Enchanter sees Apollo he does his best to smile. "Don't ask. Wassup with you?"

Puck seems happy to move on, and Apollo was the perfect change of subject.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

At this moment Apollo wanted the ground to swallow him whole. The atmosphere was so tense he wanted to chew through the nearest table. What those two needed was space... and lots of it for a couple of months. Maybe then then they would be in a space to talk.

It boiled down to one thing that he could only describe as fundamental differences. Maybe the dust just needed to settle first before that professional relationship could be at least partially rebuilt.

Still it was time to not so subtly move the conversation on and provide a distraction.

"Honestly a lot of boring things. Trying to figure out my next steps now that I've got a bit more settled in. But it's the age old problem, lots I want to do and only limited hours In a day. How about you?"

Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Aurora had had enough and stormed out. Phoenyx gave them both a piece of her mind and pointed out that everyone had had enough. Nevermore thinks a duel would solve something - which Corn thought it wouldn't. Since there was no actual point to argue except 'we disagree and don't like each other' all a duel would be was the equivalent of a fist-fight.
    But Phoenyx has a good point: Continuing to bicker and argue with Puck after the acanthus said he wouldn't work with him and that he considers him a nazi, is futile.

Perhaps introduce Belle to Apollo , he is not sure they have met ... nope, Puck went to talk with his buddy.
    So, he moves closer to the Neokoros and Nevermore . "I could use a beer if any of you want one. Or a barbeque but a beer sounds easier at the time. Nevermore, Belle, we could arrange for a beer if you want. Nevermore I am not usually as argumenantive, especially with a beer in front of me."
    He didn't expect Nevermore to accept but it did help to take his mind over the previous arguments.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Smoke rises from him and the area is filled with the faint scent of gunpowder.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 10

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Personal Spells: 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

The mage known as Nevermore gave a bit of a wry chuckle, running a hand through his hair. "Right, mate. Beer it is - I'll drop ya a line in the next day or two."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread