Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque carefully poured the drink into the flutes provided and distributed them among the small group. He looked to Chris, "I believe you wanted to toast?"

He looked over Helen, confirming her name and smiled, "Well, a pleasure to meet you."

He raised his glass and waited for someone to speak to the toast.

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

(-1 Vitae to drink)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Now that, that, she got. Having spent a couple lifetimes as someone blending in and not dressing to get compliments, it was hard to accept them when they came now.

A slight smirk, “I can get that. And you’re welcome.” She actually still preferred comfort and being able to fight, if need be, over fashion. Probably something she will never totally let go of.

Nodding to Jennifer, “I’m curious to hear others takes on the piece myself.” So few indulged her in that regard.

To Albert, another nod, “I’ve heard that was well. Though I haven’t tried learning a new language in some time. Do you speak any other language?” maybe he spoke a few.

Looking to Chris, “Real estate and investments, specifically art, currently. The city has been a wonderful chance to expand my portfolio.” She wasn’t lying, per say. She did have investment properties, it made moving money easier, and, well, cleaner.

Accepting the flute, she was surprised by how quiet others were on a toast. Well, it wasn’t her thing, but she knew a few sayings that seemed appropriate.

Raising her flute to Jennifer, with a smile, Per altri cento di questi giorni, il meglio deve ancora venire! speaks the Savage, the Italian perfect. Because of course it is. “Meaning, to a hundred more of these days, the best is yet to come!” not everyone spoke her language.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen has no idea what an I-Ching is, but then, she doesn't have to. As for more Salons to come, she'll really have to think about really attending those if things run a little like she thinks they might. She chuckles as Chris replies.

"I know, right ? Lots of fun inbound." Friend of the hostess ? How best to put it ? Eh. "Yeap. You guys in the same-y bookclub ?" Because Jennifer strikes her more as a book-y person than Chris does as an artsy person, really.

She picks up a glass, if just for show for now and nods at Jack's acknowledgement. She guesses that means they're sort of allowed to know each other outside the job now. Which is when Sofia takes over the toast. Well, okay, then...

She raises her glass as well and pretends to nip at it a little. For now.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

6. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"It can be difficult adjusting to the changing seasons." Jennifer replies to Dr. Baker.
    "I am interested in discussing our shared interests. Yes, I have heard that as well."

Jennifer paused, carefully resisting the suggestion that they had more time than most.
    "I certainly will, Chris." Jennifer assured as she looked at the captivating mortal. " I appreciate the offer.
    I am thinking that the second salon would be about literature."
    A look includes everyone in the group.
    "Is there a book that has affected anyone deeply?"

"Thank you, Alex."
    Jennifer accepted the flute. "I am intriqued by the gift. I have never tasted its like."
    Jennifer nods to Alessandra.
    "I know that I was intriqued to hear others' thoughts as well."
    A glance to 'Alex', for it had been one of their conversations years ago. Jennifer's brown eyes return to Alessandra.

"Wonderful, Sofia. The best is yet to come,"
    Jennifer thought on that for a moment. At this time, it seemed very apt. Jennifer raised her glass in the toast. The Nosferat took a lady - like drink of the unique offering that Jack had presented. She was quite enjoying gifts that were shared.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded as he did speak more languages, even though those he did speak were quite limited in their everyday use here.

"Indeed I do. There is the Holy Trinity of Occultism, of course: Latin, Greek and Hebrew. Arabic helps a bit as well and there is French, as it is a generally beautiful language. I did think about learning other exotic languages such as Sanskrit, some Chinese ones or perhaps Hindi apart from more common ones, but I haven't got to that yet unfortunately..."

Upon Jennifer mentioned being very interested in discussing mutual interests, the hint of a smile grew a bit.
    "I'm honoured by your interest."

Joining in the toast he raised his glass and took a sip. It seemed to be the real expensive sort, which to him didn't taste different to those he could afford.

10. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh boy, Jennifer's acquaintances seemed to comfortably belong to the 'movers and shakers' of the city. Fun. And before he could come up with something striking and witty Sofia took the chance to toast - and he couldn't possibly top something European now. He gave Alex a lopsided grin and a shrug as he raised his glass. "Hear, hear." When that fanfare was done he all but emptied the flute and addressed the sharply dressed man. "Sometimes it is enough to inspire the great deeds and words than to create them yourself." Now that he try to keep a buzz going he might as well take the bull by its horns.

He considered for a moment when Jennifer asked about literature. "The works of Chuck Palahniuk have fascinated me recently. You know, Fight Club and the like. Crass and what some might consider not exactly high literature, but I think his messages and character building is really strong." And thus he forgot to answer Helen's question about book-clubs. So what if he could only deal with one unnerving person at a time?

The rest of the evening were spent with the intention of not making a complete fool out of himself - and to not get eaten alive by one of the big shots in the room.

Thanks for the scene!
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Raising his glass to Sofia's words, he was thankful for the translation. "Hear, hear," he smiled in the echo of others.

Alex chuckled at Crystal's retort, "Fair enough. You know, with that kind of wit I do believe we can be friends." A flash of a grin to point his statement.

"You are very welcome," he smiled to Jennifer. He was glad she took a liking to the drink and more importantly: his gift.

As the night went on, Jack mingled with always a drink in hand until he felt it was appropriate to retire for the evening.

Wonderful scene!

Blood Hunt:

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I have enjoyed our conversation."
    Jennifer spoke to the interesting people around her. She had found the conversation to be quite fascinating, especially as it seemed to be a first meeting for some and a getting to know one another for others.

"A conversation with people who have different interests than you can make for a great evening." As she had found this evening quite entertaining. The next salon would have a theme to discuss, which would be even more fun!

"Thank you for attending the Grand opening. Please keep an eye out for an invitation to the next Salon."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread