Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Wrong Notes

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

(The Wrong Notes)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Time had not been on her side the last couple months. Between getting the final touches and paperwork on her restaurant done, getting the Coterie set, she hadn’t been able to dedicate time to relearning the piano.

She remembered having the skill, remembered being young and playing it at her mothers charity balls. Her skill had been unmatched at the time. And here she was, struggling to get her hands and mind to remember how to play. The Savage part of her mind trying to block the knowledge.

Sitting at the piano, she lightly brushes her fingers across the ivory keys, getting lost in the memories.

A few notes were played, but they just didn’t sound right. It was either her or it needed to be tuned. So she goes with checking the tuning first. Who wants to believe that they’ve lost that much talent? The Savage refused to believe she lost her ability to play.

1 success

Anyways, there she sat, casual in a black fitted t-shirt and black pants, with various tools spread around her, one actually on the strings inside, pressing the key. The sound was heard, an inked arm reaches into the piano, moving the hammer slightly, then pressing the same note.
    Attached Images
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer strode in with confidence, wearing a black knee length dress tailored for her 5'7' height. She wore simple black flats that she could run in. Her hair was set in curls, two sections pinned at the back of her head to create cascading curls. She wears a green ring on the right finger featuring an emerald. A ring on her right hand is new, created with chocolate diamonds and white diamonds. She bought it to celebrate the coterie. She had taken care to have a flesh colored scarf pinned close to her neck, trimmed to have excess fabric hidden. Over this, she wore a green patterned scarf, carefully pinned in several places to prevent a breeze from dislodging the scarf.
    She had dressed for the occasion. I need to buy some appropriate jeans. All I have are my college persona jeans. Those fit in at poetry readings and cafes.

Jennifer follows the notes of the piano, slowly walking nearer. Her eyes move down the elegant lines of the instrument, appreciative.
    "Sofia." A warm smile to Alessandra. Sincere. Jennifer's Cused voice caused a Supernatural qaulity to the air. Dark eyes look down at Alessandra's hands.

"You're making the time."

Jennifer gave a smile as she looked back to Alessandra's face, pleased for the Gangrel.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wasn’t the presence of another Beast that alerted the Savage, it was the voice. Only one Kindred had a voice like that, and she looks up from the piano and smiles, “Lady Notary Hazelton, good evening.” An absent nod at the remark as the hammer was removed and placed in a case, “I’ve been trying.” Chuckling, “But it seems there are always other things that need my attention.” Did Jennifer own anything but dresses, she wondered.

“There are instincts that are attempting to block the memories, but, I’m determined.”
    She might be a Savage, but she wasn’t an uncultured or uneducated one.

“How are you this evening? Anything exciting have you out?”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods to Alessandra as she joins her.

"It make me happy to see that you are doing this. It is not easy to find the time. I find there is never enough time and I do not have nearly as many responsibilities as you do. It is important to find time to things that are just for you. The woman."
    She would normally say Kindred, but eh.
    "Do you mind if I ask what you enjoyed playing most, in the past?"

"I am happy that we ran into one another. I did want to tell you that I have found the perfect spot for the painting that you told us of. If you wish to have it in the underground."
    Jennifer leaves it open in case Alessandra has changed her mind. It was a gift to Alessandra.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A dry chuckle, “There just never seems to be enough hours in the night some evenings.” But Ale was a woman of simple tastes.

There was a pause as she thought about the question, as there were a few different ways to answer. “While I was against playing in the past, being young and rebellious will do that, but I’ve found it was a good way to help with anxiety and lower my blood pressure. Not that blood pressure is really a thing anymore, but, still.” The memories were there. “I also enjoy that it helped me hone the skill of multitasking.” Being able to play required a lot of focus at different areas.

An ink finger taps one of the keys as her eyes close and she listens, then nods. There it was.

“Wonderful! I had a case made for it, it’s museum quality glass and will keep out moisture and anything else that could damage the paint.” It was important that it was preserved. “It belongs in the underground. With me, it only gets displayed a few times out of the year, and I want to see it with Kindred who know what it is. What it symbolizes.” And she trusted Jennifer with it.

“But how have you been?”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I hear that." Jennifer nods.
    "I think learning coping skills is very important. I had heard that learning music is beneficial for a person.

I maintained online social forums when I was young. One was about botany, which is probably pretty weird."
    A rueful grin.
    "I'm very excited to take possession of it. We want to have you over once it is installed. We can have a nice evening together.

"I have been well. I need to get a report written for you on that one project I am in with Ms. Durant and Mr. Northbridge, yet I am still double checking the outline to make sure I recorded everything and it is not biased."A pause as she considers. "I feel like I have accomplished two of my goals, so I am happy about that. My salon is something that I am glad about. I plan on having the first intellectual Salon a few months after the opening. I am debating on topics. I lean towards literary interests. Yet I think I overheard Mr. Quartermain has an interest in architecture. I may ask him, or others with interest, to talk on their passion.

Do you think that we feel echoes of emotion from experiencing art?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brief nod, “Very beneficial. Now whether or not I can regain the skill I once possessed remains to be seen.” It was harder than she thought it would be.

“Botany?” a smile, “Not weird considering your interest in flowers, I’m sure the knowledge has come in handy numerous times.” What those times were, she wasn’t sure. A brief look of surprise, “Oh? I wasn’t aware the others had wanted me to visit.” She had never imposed on the underground, only going if invited, never revealing its location. “But I would be happy to spend an evening with you and your Family, just let me know when.” It would be good to talk with Helen some more. “I had a drink with Ms Kingsley a little bit ago, quite enjoyable.” She just wished Helen wanted to take on a role within the Domain. But she would respect her desire not to.

Eyebrow raises as she returns the hammer for a different tool, “I would love a report. I try and take a step back, let those with responsibilities fulfill them. But I do like to know what is going on.” It wasn’t too much to ask.

“An intellectual Salon? Not something I’m too familiar with,” most think her stupid and uneducated, “so I’m curious to see it.”

Eagerly nodding, “Most certainly! Emotion and art have always been connected. When you think of the emotions one would feel walking in a wide-open space, the calm, being at peace, then look at how people are drawn to landscapes. Wide open space, a sense of calm, it helps bring out those emotions. Darker pieces would elicit the opposite, usually anxiety. Several different emotions can be triggered at the same time. Like when a work of art manages to convey both complexity and technical skill. They’re when we truly engage with the emotional art before us.”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered the Prince's concern for a moment. She nearly quicky assured that she could surely regain her past skill. Yet there were things that Jennifer had been able to do in the past that she would never be able to do as a Kindred. She remembered the Giant in the Flower shop who was alarmed by Jennifer, no matter how demure and friendly Jennifer had behaved. The Embrace was bone deep. The flaws and Curse that leeched into one from one's clan could not be surpassed.
    Jennifer nods slightly, her face showing empathy. "I understand."
    Jennifer assured.

"I was quite pleased when I discovered that the language of flowers was so widespread. I have to admit, we had discussed the beautiful painting. I had a great interest in finding the perfect place for it. Yes, I imagine that the Family is quite eager for it. I shall touch base with them and send you a letter. No later than the beginning of next month.
    A drink with Ms Kingsley does sound nice. I am always pleased to find myself in conversation with her."

"I shall be sure to prioritize the report. Shall I send the report to anyone else?"

Jennifer considered for a moment. Perhaps the Reeve or the Seneschal. Yet she did not want to be presumptious.
    Jennifer considers the Prince's comments for a few moments, thinking.
    "I thought about it from reading Hemingway. There was a woman who gathered a variety of thinkers - artists, philosophers and other walks of life - for stimulating conversation. I was thinking that Kindred could host seminars or talks on subjects that interest them. A wonderful evening to learn something new. I know that I would be interested to know something from Ms. Kingsleys past..."

"I do not know many chess moves. I would be interested in learning the history of the game. I do hope I could speak with Kindred on what they might be interested in teaching.
    Ah, I am very interested in your perspective. I do know that there was a painting where your perspective seemed to change from Kindred to Kindred. I am trying to remember the name of the painting, yet it is escaping me.
    I was just reminded of a shop, Rosie's, that I had meant to go visit when you mentioned my interest in botany. Have you ever been to Rosie's?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Great, I’ll look forward to it.” It would be nice to visit again. Though it would remind her of Alice, but, Alice had decided to move on. “I was quite surprised, because to be frank, I don’t hold out much hope for the Carthians. They always seem to come, then disperse just as quickly with ideals of grandeur. But she’s different, very intelligent and has some good taste in music.” Yeah, she liked the Haunt, she could work well with her.

“Please include the Seneschal, he’s been keeping me informed when he has information.” Jacque and Jennifer, the only two who seem to get things.

Taking a moment to think on what the Haunt has said, “The way you describe it, make it sound quite interesting. Not sure if I would offer anything, but I do enjoy hearing what others have to say and teach. There is still much to learn.” When she stopped learning, she would know she was too old.

“I don’t know much on the history of the game, but I do know how to play. As does Seneschal Jacque, and I would recommend him.” You wanted to learn to fight, you call Ale. For the finer things, you don’t call Ale.

“Ah, that would be The Young Martyr. It’s one I always find fascinating when someone gives me their perspective on it. Though it can sometimes be difficult to get them to give me their opinion.”
    But, that goes with the territory.

Shaking her head, “Doesn’t sound familiar, somewhere worth visiting?”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"That makes me glad." Jennifer admitted, sincere. "I have been looking forward to showing you the changes. I had been holding off on making the plans firm until I alerted the Family. They were pleased to hear of the visit.
    Thank you for saying it sounds interesting. I do have some plans for the first Salon. I was thinking of which artist to feature next in the rotating art installation. If you have any artist recommendations, I would love to hear your ideas.

I think that Rosie's could be a good place. I was thinking of seeing if they could get some plantings in for me. I wanted to do some planting around our mutual real estate investment."
    Jennifer was circumspect in mentioning the exact nature of the plans. "If you would be interested. If you are not interested, I would understand."

"I was speaking with Dr. Baker about research recently. I realized that as a researcher, I may be hindering myself by not reading the text in the original language it was written in."
    Jennifer shared.
    "Dr. Baker has a good point. Although it did make me think of Chris, fondly." Jennifer confided.
    She paused for a moment, thinking of the kind and spiritual man who had departed. She hoped that he was alright, wherever he was.
    "I have been trying to decide which are the most common languages that I should make an effort to learn. Italian, Mandarin and Hebrew perhaps?" She wondered aloud. She had intentionally led with a language that mattered to the Prince.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread