Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

What the future holds?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

"Yes, it means you are trustworthy in my books. As is the rest of the group. I trust all of the Mystagogues here somehow and believe me, that's not how things usually are with me. I didn't trust most of the snobbish elitists in San Francisco. But to return to your earlier point... noooope, I don't suggest reading other mages' minds. I just thought you would have a 'lie detector' spell or something. A knowing or unveiling spell that could tell you when someone else is lying. Generally, reading mages' minds will lead to problems. And I am glad you can't do it without us noticing. Makes it easier for me to walk around. The problem with all those wonderful powers we have is that they can be used against us."

I assume Corn is not aware with the entire capabilities of the mind arcanum as he doesn't have it. He assumes that since mind allows one to see mental state, it can be used to figure out lies. If I am wrong and Corn knows what is possible and what is not with mind then this post will need correction.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"There's no such spell as far as I know. Not without going deep." And he wasn't really willing to indulge that deeper. Even though he had made significant progress in overcoming the.. aversion when it comes to casting spells, willy-nilly trying to breach that trust und privacy here sounds like a recipe for disaster. "I get what you're saying but this might get read as an act of aggression here, if we take those kind of 'precautions'." Crystal's tone was strained now - Corn might remember it from the time they drove around in the Moros' car and talked about Magic.

With a jerk Crystal got up. "Listen, I really appreciate you doing this for me. I will let you know what comes of it. I think I really need to go now." He gathered his stuff and headed towards the exit. Then he stopped and said without turning around. "And if you need anything to take your mind off of things just give me a call, okay?"

Then the Warlock left.

Thanks for the cool scene!
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn said his farewells and went back to checking the library.

You're welcome
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread