Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2205) What's up, your Eminence ?

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

The other kindred fill in one after another as time passes. Helen has the advantage of a decent vantage point and thus armed with the required overview, she puts on the moves. The deepest curtsy for the Prince, followed by Seneshal and Iudex and finally the last remaining Priscus in the room, Jennifer. After that, she offers nods of acknowledgement, in return to those she has received and that's about it. Looks like Vincenzo isn't too sociable blow certain pay grades tonight...

But that's a Vincenzo problem, not hers.

And then there's Conner Wells ! As he approaches, she turns in his direction and carefully leans against the piano.

"Can't complain really. Some personnal cycling. Not the first time, not the last, you know how that goes. What about yours, Mr. Wells ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Continued from (2205) Formal Court...

Conner moves closer to Helen at the piano until they're in decent conversation distance. The kind where you didn't have to rely on superhuman hearing to know what was being said. Or implied.

"The nights have been long. I've been working on compiling what histories exist within the Moore House, as well as readying the space. I should have it ready for use by the end of the month." There's a sense of relief in his words. Finally the Lancea would find some merit to sending him to Sacramento. ​"Cycling? You mean exercise? Or something else?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I see, sounds like it's going to be quite an opening. Also takes the pressure right off, right ?"

Especially if the event has been allowed some time for anticipation building...

"Eh, it's been a while. I got a bike, but I haven't used it much, really. Perhaps it changes when summer comes." Good to be able to weigh options ! "I meant personnel cycling. Old folks out, new folks in. Got some interesting new faces in, from what I saw. You already had the opportunity to talk to some of them ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

4. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Conner smiles in response to the Haunt. "In a way, yes. I've been going over old notes and redoing them for so long it's almost become second nature. So stage fright shouldn't be too much of a problem." Funny thing about ministers: they had to be equal parts scholar and actor. Learned enough to speak credibly but personable enough to carry a message.

Helen's answer to his question prompts a chuckle initially, but then a neutral expression tinged with some worry. "A few." Not wanting to distract or disrespect anyone present with their superhuman hearing and easily bruised egos. "Mr Baker has been interesting conversation. There are a few faces I have yet to know in detail." He takes a glance over at William, conversing with Albert and the Prince. He thinks of the other faces not yet present, or perhaps gone: Milton, Mable, Bellemy. All familiar to a degree, but none he'd truly known in a real friendly capacity. It's the nature of the Beast; to hold Clan and self above fraternizing. Only makes betrayal easier. Still, Conner can't quite decide whether he's upset that he made connections with those missing or that he didn't get to know them better. Thoughts for another time...or a future sermon? "I'm hoping the Moore House can be a good place to do that: get to know other Kindred."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Eh, you can be as prepped as you want, its been too long or the occasion is important enough, it can still pop up."

One of the reasons she's leaving particular stuffs to folks who're more up to it. Some things are best not fucked up under pressure... She follows Conner's look over to William.

"I haven't seen too much of Mr Baker yet. Dr Walker is pretty interesting, or at least sounded like it. He's an entmologist, mostly bees and wasps and the sort. I've forgotten the smart word for it." She shrugs. Sure, precision can be important, but for her intents and purposes, entomologist is way precise enough. "He's currently talking to different folks about the local covenants." She lets the bit sink a little and follows it up with a grin. "Don't worry, I'm not hoarding, I've already pointed him at your direction, I guess he'll show up at your doorstep sooner or later.

Get to know the other fresh people at a place of education and edification ! Come one, come all, don't stay unbelieving."
    She chuckles. "Might wanna get that framed for the main hall or so. Could be a nice slogan to go with

7. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

"Entomology?" ​The study of insects. A field that usually involves pinning dead insects to a board and framing them. For the Clan that already thinks themselves above the rest... "I've always been more of a bird and cat person myself. But I can see the appeal. Creation is full of wonders just beyond the naked eye." She mentions local covenants and there's a raised eyebrow. Not out of any anger, more curiosity. He nods with a smile. "Appreciated." No need to puff himself up within earshot of the new blood. And no reason to get his hopes up, considering how well his meeting with JC all those months ago went. At least I can say my head is clearer than that first try.

Conner chuckles at Helen's endorsement/backhanded compliment. ​"That sounds like a good idea. It would be nice for Kindred to know they're not in a place of judgement." As long as they behave themselves. "Do the Carthians have a home here? Or is it more transient?" A genuine question; with both Covenants being single members (at least as far as Conner knew) for the time being, it would be interesting to compare notes on how they organizations operated.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Entomology." Helen confirms.

"Hm, I can sort of get behind the cats, but birds ? Dunno, I just don't think those should be caged, I guess." Cats are assholes, really, but at least they are honest about it most of the time. "Hey, gotta keep a level playing field, sometimes its almost like there's something like playing fair, I guess." Also, neither the pushy nor the clingy approach is her thing, really.

"And here I thought Judgment was harsh and perfect and everlasting..." She knows how he means it, of course, but why not have a little fun at his expense ? "Not that I know of. There wasn't any Carthians here when I arrived, so I don't really know if there's any stuff in the Movement's name. As long as it was just the Nossie girls and right now, as its just me, a room deep down was always enough. Might change if we get more folks, until then, its invitation only. Why ?"

10. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Conner looks at Helen with a bit of an incredulous smile. "You've never dreamed of flying? Planes are well and good, but in the world we live in..." A world full of magic and monsters and terrible, beautiful things. "Though I don't think I'd want a bird as a pet. Too many opportunities for it to become a snack." And he could say from experience hunting in the Barrens that birds were fragile and didn't carry enough blood to really nourish. Conner resist the temptation to elbow Helen at the 'fair play' comment. Elysium didn't look kindly on 'friendly' or 'informal' displays of affectionate ribbing. They could too easily be interpreted as an attack or an insult.

Conner shrugs. "Curiousity. From what little I can tell from the records in the Moore House it looks like the Ordo Dracul was the longest lived order until recently." He swears he can feel Quinn's ears burning as the words leave his lips. He doesn't bother looking, he knows she's probably smiling on the inside. "There was always an interest in the history of Sacramento in the community before I came here. Seeing what Covenants worked and which didn't." All the more reason why the smaller Covenants should keep on good terms. "You mean Bellemy? She was an interesting woman. I'll be keeping you both in mind." He did genuinely miss the sharklike Nosferatu. She'd been a good conversation partner and had a lot of esoteric knowledge that Conner had hoped to compare and learn from. "That and I wasn't sure if the Carthians had building requirements. Like being close to or far away from public order or Court structures." A dig at the Carthian's great dislike for consolidated authority. Two could play at this game.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Eh, helicopters are way more fun. Ever been up in one before ? I mean, sure, there's other means, but when you're not one of the select few with the right talents... Gotta make do." Not that being able to wing it in the most literal way possible in different situatiuons wouldn't be fun, too, but still... Its something she likes to think she's better off without. "Yeap, too true, bird and cats don't mix in ways that are good for the feather-y ones. Same with rodents, but those at least make so-so appetizers in a pinch." Provided you get the big ones. The others... same as birds, really. She shrugs.

"Can't say I know too much of the Ordo. Only persons I knew were still in when I got here have pretty much left. But yes, I've started asking around a little to see what the guys before me did to make sure the Movement got the kind of reputation it seems to have with some. Made for some interesting talks before things got a little more general." And a little more political personally-wise, of course.

"Sure was. Too bad she left, but I guess there's been reasons for that." Not that she's not curious about what that is, but sometimes, you have to accept there's likely no answers and cut your losses. She chuckles.

"So that's why they kicked me out of the last place. Damn. Totally forgot about that... I've always been way more partial to the Dave Copperfield approach myself." She wriggles her fingers playfully as she speaks about Copperfield. Just enough to highlight the inferred meaning.

13. Likes liked this post
Closed Thread