Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

William & Albert Baker

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 1, 2022 : (2205) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

"I think those are conducted on a 'when needed' basis and there is no formal part for that. Though I might be mistaken."

On the piano he scratched his head, as if unsure what to make of it.

"I've been here just about two months and it is just there. It might be that there is nobody here at present who can play it."

William Walker
    Striking Looks
    (Stunning)
    William Walker

English Accent

+2
    SL
    PRE

William smiled "I was starting to think there was some local custom involved here." Like no one can play the Piano but the Prince.

"Maybe one day I may sit down and give it a little play... obviously when I am not rusty."
    William Walker
    Active Powers: None

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The Nosferatu strode to Dr. Baker and his conversation partner. She strides up with confidence.
    “When the Alder Prince points out your shortcomings, what do you believe the correct course of action to be?”

Her cursed voice is heavy, supernatural. The snake- like aspect has frightened many before. The Lady speaks clearly and distinctively. She has not raised her voice. Lady Notary Hazelton remains composed. The only sign of emotion is the downward turn of her mouth. She waits for a beat. It is clear that she expects an answer to her question.
    Jennifer continues to be calm in her manner of speech and bearing.

“I have no idea how you ignored the call of your Beast. You ought to know how to give proper respect. I will instruct you.
    You bow to the court officials, Mr. Walker and Dr. Baker. When you realize that you make a mistake, do not continue idle chatter and continue to ignore the court officials.”
    What shall you, Dr. Baker and you,”
    A piercing look to William Walker. “- be doing to fix your grievous errors to the Alder Prince, Seneschal Jack, Archon Twist and the Reeve?” She leans in slightly. “I am not pleased with you as well.”
    That should be obvious, she hoped. Yet these two were failing at the most basic aspects.

“Did I hear you say that you will be touching the Alder Prince’s instrument?”

Continued from (2205) Formal Court...
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

No urgency could be felt from the Lord's effort to join the group yet it was clear he was not enthused. Some might venture to assume what about given the scenario at hand, but his body language did not focus the demeanor towards any Kindred in particular as he approached.

He had hoped the matter would be quickly rectified in action so that he could privately address it. That hope had since faded in seeing the continuance in the small talk and the subsequent approach of the Lady Notary.

"Perhaps," the Lord interjected in the Priscus of Haunts' instruction, "...it was the very call of the beast that froze what has become instinct for others. Surely by this point they have adequately thawed and are now capable of demonstrating some sense." He looked to the gentleman with an expectant gaze. Either prove the statement right or prove it wrong. The Lady's list of offenses was long, but not entirely accurate. He would leave it to them to sort out their mess without a need to further correct anyone verbally.

"He did ask about it," the Lord responded in kind, knowing full well where the conversation was pointed. "I'm sure the new details you've offered will alter his plans." The Lord's eyes flashed towards the Prince as he added, "Though I must agree with the gentlemen that it is a shame for such a magnificent piece to have not been heard since its arrival."

The Lord rested his gaze on Jennifer, focused and alert. His displeasure did not seem to wane, even when looking towards his friend and ally.

Continued from (2205) Formal Court...

Blood Hunt:

William Walker
    Striking Looks
    (Stunning)
    William Walker

English Accent

+2
    SL
    PRE

William looked at the pair for a moment "I am sorry, please forgive Dr Baker this is my fault not his. The Prince stated before the next court so by my reckoning I still had time."

"As for the Piano, Dr Baker was unsure, I would have asked someone else." He paused for a second. "But I see perhaps this domain is not for me. Thankyou for your time."

William walks quickly to the Exit and exits Elysium.
    William Walker
    Active Powers: None

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al listened and his thoughts began to race, as he focused on getting out of the hole he had dug himself and hoped to regain at least some of the goodwill he had squandered by accident. The course was clear: Listen, offer apologies and Boons and hope that her Grace was feeling generous and the punishment wasn't going to be too harsh. In the background William left, though to be fair, at the moment there were more pressing concerns.

"I will offer apologies and submit to the justice of Her Grace. I also will offer Boons, though I fear I'm not sure which ones would be appropriate and I humbly ask the Lady Notary for her assessment on that matter."

Al nodded to the explanation Jacque offered and decided to begin with the apologies with those officers present and bowed before them.

"I apologize to the Lady Notary and the Lord Seneschal for the insult."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gives a nod as the Seneschal joins the nod of kindred. After all, she had already shown him respect twice
    "Mr. Walker's smile had all but convinced me that he wasn't taking the situation seriously. Surely, you are right, Seneschal." Eyes went from the wordsmith to the other Ventrue.

Autumn eyes look directly at Mr. Walker. Then she turns to watch Dr. Baker more openly. The Ventrue had laid out a menu. There were options to choose that would have this embarrassing situation turn into an opportunity for the Kindred listening to leave with a higher opinion of Mr. Williams and Dr. Baker. Would they be humble and earn respect from the listeners? Would they show their deft political acumen and sharp wits?

2 successes

Dark eyes watched Walker quit the field. Her thoughtful gaze moves quietly to Seneschal Jack.
    Jennifer looks to Dr. Baker when he speaks. She is quiet for a few moments after listening to Dr. Baker. She considers his words. The Nosferatu takes a few moments to assess his body language. She does not address everything immediately, choosing to think.
    “Well spoken, Dr. Baker.” She acknowledges the Mekhet’s words.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Once again the Lord considered the mettle of Kindred. He watched each swift step his cousin made to hastily exit the court proper and considered his parting words. A Domain in which he was expected to bow to the hierarchy was no Domain for him. He listened to Dr. Baker's words but his eyes were trained on Walker's exit until he was beyond Jack's line of sight. An unnatural breath pushed from his lungs as he gave a fleeting glance to Jennifer before addressing Albert himself.

"I can appreciate wanting to cover all bases, but you have no cause or reason to apologize to myself or the Lady Notary. There had been no offense by you to either of us," He wasn't sure if it was the stress of the situation or just overall panic from being in the less desired spotlight, but it was worth negating any confusion from onlookers. "The Prince was quite clear. The responsibility to educate falls to your Priscus or your Sire. Should either of those be unavailable then I can fill in. For the moment, my advice would be to pay the respects for those you have failed to do so. Make sure there is a difference in the displays correlating to their place and reputation in the Domain. Simple enough?" He waited expectantly.

He continued to address Albert on his requests, "If you need some advice on prestation, I leave it to her on whether she wants to meet with you on another night." His gaze shifted to Jennifer, "Otherwise, as she has not been directly offended by you and she is not your Sire, your Priscus, or the Seneschal..." A short breath of a pause, "I imagine the Lady Notary might appreciate the opportunity to remain neutral this evening, or she can offer advice as the Priscus of her cousins." It was small, but had not gone unnoticed. At the same time, it was also not his offense to call out and he had no desire to do so.

Blood Hunt:

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Albert nodded in agreement with a smallsmile to the words of the Seneschal.

"Simple enough. I'm much obliged to you, sir."

There was the matter of possible advice and education, but it wasn't as urgent as trying to get into the good graces of the Graces wronged and as such could wait. So he bowed again to them.

"I thank you for your advice and with your permission would leave your company to offer apologies to Her Graces, which I did offend."

Then it was waiting whether there still were matters at hand or whether he could proceed with the main objective.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

As the Seneschal mentions if the relevant Priscus is unavailable, Jennifer looks to another. Jennifer makes a glance to the Priscus who Jennifer believed ought to have walked over before Jennifer herself, Reeve Durant. Yet Jennifer notes that Reeve Durant appears to be holding herself apart.
    During the glance, she notes Alder Soldier Quartermain’s look of support. She answers the look with a slight nod, as slight as possible to not alert those who likely were unaware of the current events unfolding.
    If relevant Prisci did not involve themselves, was it a surprise that someone else would? Jennifer thought. Jennifer certainly supported her coterie mate when it appeared that others were fine to ignore disrespect. Another glance to those around the room, who she thought ought to have noticed the strange happening and have voiced a thought to it.

Ordinarily, Jennifer would speak on someone not doing their duty. Yet this was a delicate situation where Reeve Durant was an ally. Not wanting to signal her out more than necessary, Jennifer keeps herself quiet. It was a bit of a struggle.
    As the Seneschal mentions advice that Jennifer could offer as Priscus of the Nosferatu, she nods slightly. “Indeed, Seneschal Jack has offered wise advice. The Prince has clearly demonstrated the path back into good graces.”
    A small nod to Dr. Baker as suitable to an acknowledged Kindred in the domain.
    “You have a bit of time before tonight’s festivities conclude, Dr. Baker. No permission to go take care of business is needed.” She assures. Carefully indicating that she did not need to give permission to Albert Baker.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread