(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal's apartment was on the 4th floor of a building in the nicer part of town. Big windows on the southern and eastern side made sure that the one big main living room-plus-kitchen was bright and comfortable enough. The only three doors in there led outside, to a spacious bathroom and to his bedroom.The open kitchen was modern and clean looking, black and chrome surfaces contrasting with pops of colour from his appliances (among them a bordeaux toaster, a light-blue water heater and an orange espresso-machine). He once bought some new tools and machines, just to make a young wannabe-cook's life easier. That short-lived phase has passed already, though.

Beyond a counter was a big glass table with six black leather chairs around it. There was a wine cooler and two glasses on the table. Attentive eyes might even catch the empty bottle standing next to the fridge. Crystal was way ahead of his guest.
    The other side of the room was dominated by the huge TV on the wall and a couch big enough to comfortably place six or seven guests. A few cabinets stood around - by now filled with numerous books on different topics, post-its and earmarks strewn across in many places.

He had invited Aurora to hang out and have a little chat. Or, let's be honest: to get shitfaced. Was it problematic that that seemed so unproblematic? Eh, he might have to worry about that some other time. One thing was for certain: Aurora won't guilt-trip him into sharing his feelings.

So for now he just chilled on his couch, ready to let the Shaman in as soon as she arrived.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal had quickly become one of those friends, sober or not, that she felt she could really talk to. There was never a feeling of judgement, just honesty, which was needed sometimes. For some reason it was easier to talk with him than Phoenyx, who she considered her closest friend.

Not much went into what she wore, it was just hanging with a friend anyways. But considering he was always fucking spot on with fashion made her put some effort into it. Knowing there would be drinking, she took an Uber. Cause yeah, she could just magic away being drunk, but that wasn’t fun.

One hand held a tall, slender bottle while the other knocked. She had recently found this wine and was quickly a fav.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Mastigos opening the door was uncharacteristically dressed down: today it was just beige slacks and an fashionably oversized white t-shirt. "Hey, come in. Want me to put that one," pointing at the bottle she brought, "in the fridge and open us a cold one?" Maybe he wasn't doing her justice by assuming that much, but it wasn't like he wouldn't open the second bottle alone.

He let Aurora in, refrigerated the fancy looking bottle and produced a similarly classy one which he brought over to the couch together with two glasses. "Apart from looking absurdly stunning again, how are you?" There was a big smile on Crystal's face - one third the wine in his bloodstream, two thirds genuine joy at seeing his friend (and maybe a little bit of automatic defense). Then again, maybe he should be careful - every time he had considered someone a friend they jumped ship.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ok, now she felt overdressed. Whatever.

“Sure!” handing him the bottle. “It’s an Ice Wine, made from ripe frozen grapes. Came across it by accident, and loved the taste!” it was more like a dessert wine to her, sweet. But she was no expert, just knew what she liked.

Following him, she sits, laughing, “Man, I’d love to see what you would say if I put in some real effort into my outfit. Maybe we should do that some time, dress to the nines and find a bar or something to visit.” It could be fun. “But, uh, I’m doing ok I guess.” A slight shrug, “Been going out a lot more, so that’s been great.” Always a good way to forget about political bullshit and just have fun. “What about you?”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ice wine, huh?" Sounded wild, but when it came to harmful substances he was in an adventurous mood. "Looking forward to opening that one later, then." He didn't question whether they'd go through that many bottles.

At the couch he toasted Aurora with a well filled glass. "That's an awesome idea! Because if that is you not putting in effort I'm sure you'll blow my mind when you do. So yeah, let's let go all out and let them have it." A smirk and two big sips. The wine was fruity but not too sweet.
    When Aurora opened up a bit he searched her face for tells that she was downplaying something. He went out to feel less shitty so maybe that was her strategy as well? Or maybe she took that at face value and really wasn't doing too bad. "Cool. Happy for you. And this 'going out' didn't happen to be on dates with a special someone?" They probably didn't have enough to drink yet to go there.. or at least Aurora didn't.

At the Shaman's question Crystal just shrugged and rolled his eyes. "Let's see: everyone who wanted to be in a Cabal with me left, the last Consilium has been a clusterfuck and I'm really not feeling the whole Councilor thing anymore. Other than that:" another shrug. "Fine, I guess."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Raising her glass as well, “Then here’s to blowing peoples minds.” Taking a sip of the wine. Not a bad flavor.

Nothing was being downplayed. Laughing as she shook her head, “No, there wasn’t a special someone. I used to love going out all the time, and I lost touch with that. So I decided to start doing it more often. One night I ran into Corn and Zero, and another guy, think his name was Gerrit. Then another weekend was this event, like, Holi something. It’s a festival and you throw powdered color at people. Ran into a guy I met a while back, Alex and Kaze’s old girlfriend, or friend, but I think they were dating.” Pretty sure they were dating. “Zero was there, so it was fun to throw colors at him.” Shrugging. Another sip of wine, “And I don’t expect anything to come of the special someone you are referring to.” She didn’t know if he would return to Sacramento, or if he wanted to pick up where they left off.

Frowning, “Yeah, sorry about that, that sucks.” She truly felt bad for what happened. Things seemed to be going well, then bam, shit show. “Clusterfuck is a kind way of phrasing it.” Another sip, “Are you not feeling it because of last Consilium? Or did something else happen?”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

So this was a pretty significant difference in Crystal's and Aurora's behaviour when going out: she was looking to make deeper connections and remembered others' names. Good for her. "Jennifer? Was that her name? Yeah, they were dating." Or maybe Kaze had other side-hustles without him knowing. Meh, he should probably get in touch with her again.
    He sipped wine and made a grimace when Aurora disclosed that this promising almost-relationship was fruitless after all. "Sorry to hear that. Men are dogs, aren't they? Wanna talk about it?"

All right, now they could properly wallow in self pity! The Warlock gracefully accepted the Shaman's condolences and sighed to play his part. "Yeah well. Makes you wonder if setting any expectations is really worth it. It was kinda cool to think about the possibilities, to help others. But that enthusiasm flipped right around when everyone left. Maybe there's some scientific expression for that, we'd have to ask Corn." That last joke was thrown in to distract from the oversharing, last thing he needed was a lecture from the Moros.

"Last Consilium just made the existing problems glaringly obvious: there is no room for discussion, the loudest voices will just scream and argue until they get their way. So what's the matter? Isn't that why you left?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looking a bit uncertain, “I, uh, think so. She didn’t correct me.” Soo…maybe? As to his comment on men, she shrugs, “He wasn’t, between life getting in the way, and me, well, being me, it was destined to fail.” But some men were dogs.

“Any expectations when it comes to politics is bullshit. But the thing with helping others? I’ve learned over the years is that they are too far gone to be helped, or are not worth the effort.” Which is why she gave up a long time ago. Chuckling, “Do you really want to ask him the scientific term for anything?” he certainly liked to talk.

A shallow nod, then a big sip of wine, “It’s part of why I left the Ladders. Without an open floor with respect for all opinions, we will never get anything accomplished. But we will have those that are passionate about and those who are not. Which sucks when you want the input from those not into the politics. Then there is the loudest voice who can intimidate others who feel they don’t have a voice. Not a good situation.” A piss poor situation. Eyes look down at her glass for a moment, thinking, considering, “Yes and no. I find I work best with structure, and haven’t felt like Sacramento has had it in a while. It was just wearing on me, plus watching so many friends come and go, I never felt like I had an anchor here.”

9. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was something to be said about Aurora looking at herself first when it came for reasons why things failed.. but then again, maybe there was something to be said about Crystal's complete lack of taking accountability himself. "Well, I think you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. This not working out just means that that guy didn't deserve you to begin with, so good riddance." He listened to what he just said and quickly added: "Not to be too bitter or anything about it. You know. I'm your solidary white canvas or something." Even though cynicism came more easily than looking for the silver lining.

"Politics, relationships, you name it." And with that he emptied his glas. "You're right, some people are too far gone, but we really thought we could make a difference for those who needed the help and couldn't help themselves. Maybe that was hubris talking after all." Maybe that was also why Mages were all selfish at the core - taking the fall for someone didn't seem worth it.
    The quip about Corn was just answered with a waggle of Crystal's eyebrows. Aurora got him.

The Warlock pouted his lips as he listened to her reasons, thinking about what she said. Trying to change things here was certainly more difficult than it seemed, despite (or because) the lack of structure. And was it a fight he was willing to fight? Not really. "I get what you're saying. Especially when the anchors you think you get leave town themselves." Oops, that conversation got depressing fast. He put on a bright smile and shrugged. "So, what do you think about grooming some other suckers into becoming Councilors and get rid of that burden?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A light shrug of her shoulders, “Yeah, maybe.” Was she still holding out hope? A bit. But with enough time, it too, would fade.

“It was a noble thought.” She’d give him that. “And nothing wrong with wanting to make a difference, it’s just our society is, well,” another shrug, “difficult. Those who truly want it, will find you.” But Pride was a bitch.

Deep breath, “It’s easy to leave town. There is no real structure and people don’t feel connected. It's led me to rely solely upon myself over the years. And when those connections do form, they feel very one sided.” All she knew is she planned to stay out of it as much as she could.

Chuckling, “Think I need to get to know Apollo a bit more before having that much trust in him. I need to make sure he’s not in for only himself and those he deems important. The Thyrsus had someone like that once, and I took the position from him in Concilium. But, who knows? Maybe I’m just too hopeful that we can pull together and work as a whole instead of divided.” If divided was going to be the way, she had her team figured out and fuck the rest. Polishing off her own glass, “So is the plan to talk depressing shit? Cause we’re gonna need more wine for that.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread