A day in the park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

It has been well over a year since Gerrit last visited this small park downtown. Lately he found himself wanting to go back there and today he finally did so. Was it to prove himself, to show that he had grown and has gotten over it? Was it to put his calloused exterior and cool emotions to the test?

Maybe it was all of that, maybe he just wanted to enjoy a mild day outside.

And who knew, maybe it was a nifty way to socialize a bit again. It felt like forever since last he mingled with the Freehold's Lost. So dressed in a light-grey sweatshirt and a pair of jeans he sat on a bench and watched the people.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Parks were far more tolerable than gardens. In a Garden, any manner of creature could skulk anywhere.

Just as I did.

A Park, with it's wide open spaces, left the Dread Lord feeling exposed, a small tingle of anxiety in the back of his neck that promised the constant reminder of Fear. Hiding from it..... well, it just wasn't his way. Embracing it was important, especially for a Dread Lord. Still, he was able to conceal much of his nature, with only his piercing green eyes retaining a hint of ethirial Fae-ness.

Walking through the park in his usual suit, devoid of coat now the spring was in full force, he spotted Gerrit a short distance away. The Flowering drew a smile, and gentle adjusted his walk to intersect with the Ogre.

"Gerrit. What a pleasant coincidence. Taking in the Spring air?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Was Gerrit surprised that Rhodes joined him? Yes and no. The Dread Lord didn't seem too outgoing, but lately Gerrit had become a firm believer in tradition and fate - and that those two concepts seem to overlap quite a bit. He had spent a lot of time with Rhodes, more than with most other members of the Freehold, and they seem to be on the same page about many things. He believed that there was mutual respect between the Ashen and the Onyx Courtier.

"Hello," he thought for a moment, searching for the name the Fairest used in public, "Maxwell. A pleasant coincidence indeed." The Ogre scooted a bit on the bench, implicitly inviting Rhodes to sit. "How have you been? Feels like time is moving so quickly, it's hard to keep track of everything." Although that could be blamed on his slipping sense of clarity.. Still, it has been a while since Spring took the crown, since last he had been among other Lost. And it hadn't really felt like that.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole is out in the park as well. On this day he is waring one of his older, cheaper, suits; the general paucity of the cut is obscured by a long, light, coat. He is carrying his walking stick, too, as a prop and not as a crutch. He drew near the pair, stopped, and leaned on his walking stick.

"Gerrit. Max...Well?"

He inclined his head toward Rhodes and beamed at Gerrit.

"Indeed. Best time to be out and about, I'd say. Summer gets too hot and Winter gets too cold. Spring and, I daresay, Autumn, are the best."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes smiles and takes the seat, the usual briskness of his Mantle noticably absent. "Well enough, I suppose. I've been arranging a visit on an old colleague - she's entered rough times of late, and it's affecting her deeply. It's causing a lot of upheaval, especially with her neighbours." Ann was never far from his mind, even though he never knew what she looked like. "And yourself?"

Seeing the dwarf strolling forwards brought a smile to the man's lips. "Anatole! What an unexpected pleasure, on top of the one already expeirenced. Jing us, please. How are you keeping?"

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Although it wasn't quite enough to be considered 'beaming', Gerrit smiled at Anatole as the Wizened approached. It even came close to how he used to smile. "Anatole, hello. I guess there is something about moderation that makes those months more pleasant." Although 'moderation' isn't something usually associated with Spring.

He listened to Rhodes' double-talk, silently parsing its meaning. The Dread Lord wasn't known for keeping a strong connection to a human life, so it was relatively easy to arrive at the renegade Queen. "So I've heard. I do hope that that gets taken care of soon enough. It is always a troubling thing to see colleagues struggle." Although that might put it mildly, even for coded talk. Anne was keeping a whole warehouse full of medical equipment to drug and abduct people.
    Gerrit scoffed with a low grumble.

"I'm busy as usual with work. There has been a pleasantly steady increase in patrons at the shop lately. But that's all right - you know what they say about idle hands after all." Gerrit's attention turned back to Anatole when Rhodes asked the Dwarf about his well-being when a thought struck him: they must look like three old men in the park. It was almost funny enough to make him chuckle.

7. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"I am very good, I thank you. My work building an investment portfolio has paid off quite handsomely. I am very sorry to hear about your friend. It is good of you to offer her your support. Very honourable, in fact."

His face turned a little more serious as he faced Rhodes.

"Your shop is doing well? Good. Good."

Anatole paused as Gerrit continued.

"Moderation. Yes. Yes. A very good point. What brings you out to the park today? Anything specific?"

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord nods. Not that he had a problem with the warmer months, provided his Mantle could keep him cool. "It has been.... difficult," he admitted. "It is my hope I can give her the care she deserves."

A shake of the head. "A chance meeting, nothing more. Still, an opportunity to ensure each other's wellbeing. We rarely see one another outside the more formal business environment. It is good to hear you have had a profitable time of late. I hope that you have reached a point you might consider comfortable."

11. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Investment portfolio? Are you comfortable with elaborating on that?" There were a lot of things Anatole might be alluding to, and more likely than not most of those were to be kept a secret.. but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Gerrit looked at Rhodes with open interest. With his hardened Mask the Dread Lord was.. different to read. Not easier, nor harder - different. Gerrit wondered how much of Rhodes' thoughts were with Anne, wondered whether it was still about the safety of the Freehold or rather about the Fairest's ego. "I agree with Anatole. It's a very honorable endeavour. I'm sure you'll keep us updated." A slight smile showed on the Ogre's face and his Mantle flared up slightly meaning anything and nothing.

Rhodes answered the Wizened's question first - a chance encounter was the most likely and correct answer. Gerrit understood more and more how much the Wyrd played into their respective lives. "As for me, I was just out to reminisce a bit about the past. A form of honoring traditions. I think that we must not forget where we came from and what happened to make us the way we are." And as far as the Winter was concerned, that should have been a sufficient answer to Rhodes' question whether he felt comfortable at the moment. "Seems like things are moving constantly, doesn't it? Our good friend C.W. has left Sacramento, have you heard?"

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

A cat-like smile flashed across the burned dwarf's face.

"Oh yes. Very comfortable. Very comfortable indeed. It marks a return to what I was used to, once... Long time ago now. So this is a very significant milestone for me."

His gaze shifted from the Dread Lord to the Ogre.

"Investent portfolio. Shares mostly. Then cash and a few oddments stored away so that they can appreciate. I wouldn't say I own any property, not yet! But I do have some interests now - again, building to a long term and sustainable income. It has been a difficult road. I've had to be careful...."

He paused, running fingers through his effusive curls.

"Am I satisfied. Yes. Has there been some danger. Yes. Have I covered myself. Mostly. There is always a risk with money."

His teeth flashed again in the heart of his beard.

"Reminiscing on the past? Care to share? I've learned where my old family are, how my other half fares. I do not need to concern myself with them at present and it does not do well to dwell too much on it."

He placed a hand on his heart as he spoke, appearing quite genial. When Gerrit continued with his news, Anatole frowned.

"No. I had not. What now, do you think?"

He let his eyes cross the space to Rhodes.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread