Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx was genuinely unsure as to how this particular meeting was going to go.

On the one hand, Winter, whom she would not accept as Councillor. On the other, her, whom he would not accept. So either Viggo stepped up or she wasn't shifting this bundle of crap known as Councillorship any time soon.

Regardless, a meeting had been called to replace her, and she would do so. After all, a throne was a Warrior's prison, and this position had felt like it.

The Arrow Tower in the Circle of creation was her home, whether everyone liked it or now, and it was a safe place to speak.

She was brewing a pot of tea and was dressed simply - form-hugging top and loose pants as ever, ready for fighting, and she awaited her guests.

Winter Viggo Nevermore

I know Nevermore and Phoenyx haven't met, but if there was an Obrimos arriving they would be made aware somehow.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo arrived when he was called. His dress was casual and he wore his weapons, not knowing exactly what this meeting was about. He approached Phoenyx and stood in an 'at ease' position. "First Talon, thank you for the invitation tonight. Are we expecting other guests, or will it be just us?" He stood still, waiting for either a response or for someone else to join. "And to what do we owe this meeting?"

Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Smoke rises from him and the area is filled with the faint scent of gunpowder.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 10

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Personal Spells: 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

The mage known as Nevermore knocked on the door to the Tower, entering once someone called for him to do so. He was dressed elegantly – a stylishly cut suit that was clearly intended to hide what little of the man there was underneath it. Each bit of jewelry – a ring, a watch, an earring, designed to catch and guide the eye.

“Allo?” He asked, his voice softly accented with a London accent. “Feels a bit like I’m steppin’ in where I’ve no right to be,” he noted, as he nodded towards Viggo and Phoenyx.

“Heard tell there was a meetin’ of the path, so… here I am, I suppose. Name’s Nevermore. Obrimos of the Assembly of Free Councils.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx smiled as Viggo asked his questions. She appreciated his professionalism. "I hope that all of our Path will attend - ah." Her reply was cut short as Nevermore arrived and dark eyes turn to him.

"Not so Nevermore - I invited you here once I knew you would be arriving in the Concillium. My name is Phoenyx. Please, sit." she looks from Nevermore to Viggo, gesturing to the chairs.

"I can at least give you the details." She looks from Viggo to Nevermore. "A meeting of the path was called by Magus Winter, the last of our attendees, at the last concillium. He does not wish me to continue representing the Golden Key following my accusation and being found guilty by the Council of a breach of the precept of Secrecy. My punishment of servitude is ongoing. The accusation centred on using magic to render a seriously injured man unconscious while both he and several sleepers were under the mental control of a spirit creature. Had I attempted to do so by mundane means I considered there to be a sufficient risk of long-term injury, perhaps death, to an innocent man. I considered the risk, the prevailing mind control over the other sleepers and the fact that the man could have reasonably passed out from his injuries sufficient reasoning for the act being considered coincidental or at the very least unnoticed by those in the area. Councillor Puck provided the accusation of an unwavering adherence to law, and was backed by the council and the Provost I selected to replace myself given I was implicit in the decision." Her tone was neutral, with little in the way of expression.

She paused, lifting the lid on the brewing pot of tea. "As councillor I serve the path. My position has been challenged, and we are gathered to decide who represents us going forwards." It was as if she was indifferent, but then again a Throne was a Warrior's prison. "Winter is aware of these facts, so informing you both does not affect his awareness of the situation."

Dark eyes watched her guests closely in case they had obvious reactions. "Would either of you care for tea?"

6. Likes liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo nods, then looks towards the door as Phoenyx is interrupted. "Viggo - Obrimos of the Adamantine Arrow. Great to meet you."

His attention turns back to Phoenyx as she continues explaining the reason for the meeting. When a chair is offered, he breaks his at-ease stance and sits. "One would hope that the man who wanted this meeting will make it. I've seen no reason to remove you from the seat of Councillor, you made a mistake under flawed assumptions; that's no reason to call for your removal from your seat." He sits quietly with a nod at the offer of tea. A call for Phoenyx's removal could be a power play. If anyone think's I'll be bullied into a vote, they'll be sorely mistaken.

Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgar 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

"I'd love a cuppa," he replies, finding a spot to lean on. "Sounds like a right proper mess, though I can't entirely disagree with your thinkin'. Or his, really. I can see both sides of that."

Right proper mess was an understatement he mused. The consillium seemed to be in a shitstorm of political movement, power plays, and overall shenanigans. At least it wouldn't be boring...

"What ever 'appened to the codger you put under?" He asks curiously.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx shakes her head. "I made a choice. The threat to the man's life was real, and the I believed the circumstances were sufficient no-one would be suspicious of a bleeding man passing out. The Council believed differently." What she did was no mistake, and for anyone to believe otherwise would be unfair.

She begins to pour the tea into three cups. "Chai - I hope that is acceptable. I have honey or lemon if you wish." She slid the cups along the table delicately.

"Complicated? I do not think so. I believed the spirit of the law was not broken, since unexplainable magic was not wtnessed. The ruling was that the letter of the law should be upheld, no matter the circumstance." Dark eyes watched Nevermore carefully. "I managed to preserve the lives of the sleepers, Puck and Guru through my actions. My responsibility to defend this Concillium and it's members was fulfilled." There was a shrug. To her she had made the right choice. If she was to be punished, at least her conscience was clear.

Codger? Still, there was enough form context. "The actor - Malcolm - was taken to hospital. He had suffered multiple lacerations from falling through the wooden stage. I am unsure what happened to the others, but the subsequent showings were called off shortly after that night."

She looked between them. "Is there aything else you would like to ask abou the circumstances?"

Viggo

PRE

"I mean that you made a mistake in believing the circumstances were sufficient, not that you didn't make a conscious choice. I don't fault you with the choice either, when we have the means and opportunity to save sleepers without exposing ourselves, we should."

The Arrow nods at the offer of Chai. "That's perfectly acceptable, thank you." His eyes shifts to Nevermore for a moment before training themselves back on Phoenyx. "You said Winter called this meeting? Seems like he would want to be here for it." He shrugs slightly, perhaps Winter believes that he'll simply take the position and be accepted... piss poor way to start though. "In any case, if there is no way that you can retain the role, I volunteer myself for it, if that's acceptable to those in attendance?" There was no way that pompous prick was getting it without a fight.

Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgar 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

Nevermore shrugged, leaning against something that looked both reasonable and lean-able.

"No horse in this race for me, mate," he replied. "I just got here. An it seems like pickin' sides seems right dangerous about now... so I'm content to go as she pleases."

The general body language seems to indicate that the she is not actually Phoenyx, but another one of those colloquialisms - he looks unbothered and willing to just go along to get along for the moment while he figures out the political landscape of the Consillium.

"I do 'ave a question," he adds a moment later. "Though it kin wait for later if needs be. Mainly, wonderin' why the city's built on a path council insteada an Order one?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There was a small smile and a nod. It seemed that Viggo, at least, understood her actions. "Yes, he did. At the last formal Concillium meeting. I cannot say why he has chosen not to attend. There is nothing to say I cannot remain in the role, but the meeting was called and I serve as the Obrimos request. If you are both happy for me to continue then I shall, and if not we select another Councillor."

She sipped her tea. Nevermore's strong accent meant she had to concentrate a little more on his speech than usual. She certainly didn't recognise the obscure phrasing. "Go as whom pleases? Do you mean me?"

Dark eyes blink and she sets her cup back down. "That is simply because when the Concillium reached a sufficient size for a Council to be reformed, it was elected to be so by the members of the time. I would have preferred a Hierarch, or a council of Orders to ensure different viewpoints. I was in the minority." The First Talon turned her dark eyes to Nevermore. "Since you are new to the city, if there is anything you wish to know please ask and I will give what answers I can. Viggo and I are in agreement in or responsibilities to protect the magi of the Concillium, so should you have need of us you or see anything of concern you can contact me on the number you have."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread