Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer grills the noob

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Funderland's High Striker is an indoor venue built within a large metal building. It currently features semi mobile bunkers to allow the "arena" to be rearranged at random. These bunkers come in plywood, for greater realism, and inflatable barriers to mix up the lay out quickly. It is surprisingly cleared out of most of these in one area, near the only unlocked entrance. To make the night even more eerie, the building is filled with the smell of fresh flames and burnt flesh.

There are flames in two rows leading from the entrance to a circle. There are several balls of flame in the circle, blocking view somewhat from the approach. A very intimidating and mystical method of giving ambience.

Except it isn't.

Circe has a preference for mundane solutions, feeling magic is more Autumn than Summer. The lines of flames? Metal trays with small fire sources inside. The trays are reflective, giving the illusion of more flames than are present. Literal smoke and mirrors. The balls of fire? Dark braziers that are hard to see at a distance, though there is something and someone behind that divide in the circle.

Summer's Queen awaits the arrival of Colonel Worm and the new arrival, Talia .

ooc: Apologies for the delay, family weekend.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia made her way to the agreed location. Queen Circe's text caused some confusion. A worm had told her... Talia questioned if someone had been spying on her. But then again she found the information from another freehold so they probably gave her the heads up.

Talia spotted the flames and smiled, very theatric.

He boots stomped naturally in an un lady like fashion. No one had ever accused her of being a lady. She made her way to Circe and bowed her head

"Queen Circe" she paused a second, 'the man' flex over with she raised her head. "I'm Talia."
    Talia ¦ Elemental ¦ Waterborn / Fireheart

3. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was oddly dressed for the occasion. The Hedgespun breast plate was certainly a Summer thing that made sense. A solid pair of boots, thigh pistol holster, and durable skinsuit protection? Somewhere between Baroness cosplay and Summer martial tradition.

The chef's apron though? That was somewhere between ruining it an being utterly fitting given the text. It was also holding various glazes and sauces in the pouches, to go along with the 2 grills she'd had going. The sweet smell of cooked flesh was wafting from not only the grill but also the table set for four.

And with several meat platters covering the center of the table. The sole exception was the one beside the plate with bacon and cheese cubes. For it had glass bottles of IPA beer and gourmet soda. The bottle sweating in the heat from what chill they still had.

Seeing the noob from across the brazier, Circe found herself smirking at Worm's suggested setup for the meeting. The noob was a literal flaming red-head, in a room of fire. Ironic, she's proud of Worm. "Warm welcome for ya Talia! Overly obvious directions at the entrance, right? I am hoping yer not a vegetarian."

Because otherwise she was going to have a LOT of meat to drop off somewhere. Was Worm showing up for this? She'd maybe have cooked too much if not.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien
    Fire dances and crackles in her hair, her eyes are a burnt orange colour, steam occasionally escapes from her pores.

Mantle
    Talia's mantle gives of a feeling of dry heat and smoke which reminds people of a forest fire.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia smiled at Circe. "Veg-it-tarian.." She sounded the word out "Nope, no idea what that is but it sounds like it tastes nasty."

She smiled and looked around as she approached the grills, a wide smile appeared "I do love a good barbecue. If I had known I would have brought something along with me."

"Thanks for meeting me and I never say no to food."

6. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good," she says with all gravity as Talia didn't object to the meat. "If ya were the type ta protest barbecue, I'd straight up knee cap ya."

She was probably joking. Probably.

"Good that ya won't say no. It'd be awkward ta have this spread fer Summer and just me eating," Circe laughs. "Was kinda hoping this'd be a whole crew thing. Free good food, good way ta draw in good Summer folks."

She pauses, "If they're brawling without me, I will be irked. Anyway, feel free ta pick out what ya want before we get down ta the meat of this meat and greet, oh ho ho ho ho!"

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien

Mantle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

She had a sense of humour, at least that is what Talia thought. She was never a big fan of authority figures, the fact that the Summer Queen made a joke relaxed Talia somewhat. Talia laughed at both of the Summer Queens jokes and picked up a plate, starting to select a bit of everything for her plate. It was free food and beggars can't be choosers. For a moment she wondered if there was any left if she could take it home with her but it was best to play it by ear and take the leftovers later.

"How many members of the court are there?" she said as she sat down, picking up her burger... poised and ready to start eating.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Breaking bread was a tradition globally, scared hospitality and all that. Generally, guests didn't start shit when you were feeding them. Unless it was bad food or a case of let's see what we can trick the tourist to eat.

Her ears droop down in disappointment at THAT question. This wasn't a big Freehold, not anymore. She'd seen bigger motleys on occasion, but still there were not too many 'lings in Sacramento.

"Technically? About a few. Our Freehold seems ta be a general pit stop on the road of life for a LOT of 'lings," she doesn't bother to hide that she doesn't like this. "I'm pretty much in charge because I'm the senior Summer resident. We've got one more Summer, I'd hoped he would be here, very colorful fella."

Colonel Worm was a jacked, red goblin with fun fashion sense. Chances that Talia wouldn't recognize him as the subject when meeting him? Low, but not 0. Time to fix that! "I kinda consider him the royal guard ya could say. He's great fun times! I gave him a sword. And a gun?" She pauses in thought as she gathers her own victuals. "I think, I offered at least," she shrugs and takes a seat. Hot dog with bacon was her choice.

"So?" she smiles at Talia, "What can we do ya for? Are ya here fer settling in, passing through, kicking a deserving asshole?"

Talia finished chewing and swallowed. "My honest intention is for sacramento to be my permanent home." She paused "I hope the other fellow turns up, but he may be kicking ass and chewing bubblegum."

"So what's the lay of the land as it were"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good ta hear. And," she bites the hot dog, "I hope he isn't doing it in the reverse. That boy doesn't have the teeth ta work through glutes."

"I could give ya the tourist description of Sacramento, but nah." She cheerfully confirms. "We got some things ta look out for. Usual assholes. Privateers, occasional Loyalist, hob predators, less wolves but there is a river in the Hedge. Giant enemy grabs are a thing and tasty. There's also," she bites more and grabs a cola. "Some Iron Siders, normals that is, that are fighting the things that hunt people. I've some bribes ready ta get 'em ta leave the Freehold alone."

Armor mostly. If they'd had a Chirugeon in their Freehold, that'd be the best bribe possible for vigilante monster hunters: hospital level care without a record. "Plus usual Iron Side problems on the streets, ya know? Free practice moving practice dummies fer Summer. If ya meant the Freehold?"

Circe finishes her hot dog and chugs the cola. "Ah. Previous leadership saw me, the fottuta Estate being the voice of peace between the other 3 courts." Circe watches Talia whilst leaving a dramatic pause. "Crazy right? Now though? Yeah, if we 4 bosses weren't all busy with our shit, we'd probably be a motley."

Striking Looks
    (Anti-Establishment)
    Summer Mantle
    Talia

Mien

Mantle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Waterborn Fireheart

Talia smiled "We all change and develop and change. I mean I am not the best fighter. I do okay and I am improving but where my battles happen is across a negotiation table."

She smiled at the Summer Queen "Gotta find a way to fight the man and all that." She paused and took a big bite of her burger "Damn! These burgers are great."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread