Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2205) Sanctuary

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

It is a time for simply for mingling among the Awakened. The common area is large and open, but over the course of the month it's inevitable that people may bump into each other. The official concerns of the Consilium are put on hold as a more lighthearted experience is shared among this community of the Wise. Ultimately, this is the opportunity to let the proverbial hair down. How much so is up to them.

This is the opening post for Sanctuary. Please read this for information on Sanctuary, Consilium, and the difference the two. Come here to be recognized!

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official Consilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread.

Sancturary is not a single event, or formal Consilium. It's a compression of time to represent the comings, goings, and intersections of Awakened throughout the month at the Cirlce.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

New month, new meeting. Corn councilor now enters the circle dressed in somber, casual clothes. He is armed with a cup of coffee and with some ideas to pass by the other members of his path (that is Zeromancer at the time) and the other councilors. And he finds out that he is the first person there.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Smoke rises from him and the area is filled with the faint scent of gunpowder.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 10

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Personal Spells: 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

The libertine known as Nevermore stepped into the church, looking around at the recreation of Westminster with a low whistle. It was no small feat to hide a building like this from the perceptions of damn near everyone, and the sheer skill required to do so was fascinating to ponder.

The suit he wore looked fresh off some Parisian runway, but an astute eye could probably catch the wire-thin frame underneath that tailored look. He checked the expensive watch on his wrist, double checking that this was the right time, before entering the sanctuary proper.

He’d always sort of hated churches; hated what they meant for man during the dark ages after. Places where the individual was subjected to the wishes and whims of others, instead of being able to speak for themselves. For not the first time, he mused that the Lie was written into culture far too easily and in far too indelible ink.

His eyes land on Corn, cool blue eyes standing out vibrantly against the lighter colored suit. When he spoke, the accent was a giveaway for England, though it was definitely a much more practiced and mellow tone.

“Oi, mate,” he said realizing there wasn’t anyone else here yet. “Name’s Nev. New in town. “

He shrugged, extending a hand towards the Moros. Might as well start making friends early.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Welcome Nev! Pleased to meet you. I am Corn. Moros, councilor, Mystagogue dadouchos. Specializing in Superstitions and Alchemy. I awakened while studying in San Francisco moved to my home town for a few years and from there I relocated here some time ago." Corn said with a smile shaking the offered hand. "Do I detect an English accent? Are you coming from the other side of the Ocean? This is not an official meeting, in case you are not familiar. Usually we get a few people in those.
    What do you work on, Nev?
    "

Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Smoke rises from him and the area is filled with the faint scent of gunpowder.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 10

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Personal Spells: 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

“Nevermore, Obrimos, Libertine,” he replied, chuckling softly as Corn laid out his early life. Helpful sort, he mused, a little wryly.

“Just moved in from the other side of the States, but yea, originally from London. Which makes this sanctuary a right proper riot, eh?”

What did he work on? It was an almost hilarious question given how strange his life was. Technically? Officially?

“Business,” he replied after a moment. “Most of my finances and work deals with stocks.”

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn raised an eyebrow at the mention that Nevermore was a Libertine and his smile deepened. "Libertine... good. Councilor Puck , the Acanthus councilor has some ... issues with me. But I want to change some things, that I think the Free Council would have an easier time to accept. And frankly, for all his ... temperament, Puck seems to care if things work. The rest of the council is resistant to change and new ideas. Or they just don't like mine... we will see. "

Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira came into sanctuary wearing all black. That about matched her gloomy mood when it came to work. The rich suits balked at the artist costs for the songs. Heh. 'Cause of course they did. She was frazzled. So black it was. Even her cross body smallish messenger bag was black. Eh.

Sanctuary was, well, literally going to church. Heh. She knew she would get used to it eventually, but she did wonder why Westminster Abbey? Her low heels clicked over the floors as she made her way down the aisle to where the only other two in the place were. She stopped at conversational distance, but her gaze was all for Nevermore for a moment.

If it wasn't for the fact that she had mentally and emotionally prepared for this potential meeting, she's not sure what her reaction would have been. It's not like they ever talked about it....

"Hey Corn! Good to see ya. I see you are meeting and greeting with us newbs again!" She said with a grin, and looked over at Nevermore.

"It's been awhile Nevermore....how the hell have you been, man?"
    She kept it light and easy, that Acanthi composure was so well suited for moments just like these...

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer walked in, he was nursing a hangover after the previous nights podcast recording. He waves at Moira as he notices the new face. Seeing Corn Zero heads his way and has a seat next to him. "Give me a few minutes my friend, I am waiting for my medicine to kick in. Another long day in the studio, and I am a little hungover."
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The debate over going to the meeting had been raging in her head. Sure, it wasn’t official, and she didn’t have to go. But taking up the position of Councilor, again, meant she should go.

So here she was.

The weather had been warming up nicely, so she wore a pair of leather shorts. Cause, why not? She liked how they made her legs look.

Heels announced her as she walked in, coffee in hand. Would this meeting be as, exciting, as the last? Or did everyone get it out of their system? Time to find out.

First thing she notices is a new face. Seems Sacramento was becoming popular lately. But for how long? Then she spots Corn and Zero, and makes her way over to them. Cause Mysterium and all that. Seeing Moira, a smile and nod was offered as she sipped her coffee.

“Hey guys.” Eyes moving from Corn to Zero, “Have I missed anything exciting?” there was a hint of sarcasm in her tone, but just a hint.

Looking to the new guy, “Hi,” a small wave, “Aurora, Shaman.” She never felt the need to overshare unless asked.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn greeted everyone as they were approaching. He seemed to feel optimistic when Zeromancer arrived but then the other moros seemed too ragged to have a complex discussion. Not good. Corn wanted to start pushing his agenda and needed a bit more spark before the usual stasis set in and blocked any effort to bring new ideas.

" @Moira! Always a pleasure to speak to newcomers. Have you met Nevermore already? Aurora your presence always brightens the mood. Zero, this is Nevermore, libertine Obrimos. Nev, this is Zeromancer. Get well man, I need to talk with you and I need your opinions."

Then, he dived into his purpose of being here today.

"I am glad to see you all. I want to discuss some things as I would like to bring up some changes to the current structure and I would value some input. I represent Zero so I need to talk to him since I strongly believe that the path councilor should take into account the views of his path. Moira has a good head on her shoulders. Aurora is a councilor at least for the time and voices her conscience. Nevermore that I don't know is member of the Free Council, so a member of the 'political' orders. I would love if someone from the Silver Ladder was also here as some things would really need input from them but alas...
    Also, where is Puck ? He is not too much a fan of me but he has passion and I don't think he will go out of his way to be polite with me. Nope, I expect he will try to find any flaw in what I say and that's welcome.

Moira? If you can, please give Councilor Puck a phonecall and tell him that Corn is pretending that since there are too few councilors in attendance, his voice counts double today and he plans to pass laws even though it's not official concilium. I assure you all, I don't plan to do that, but it would get Puck here fast regardless.
    "

Addressing the few gathered he makes his intentions clear

"
    I believe this concilium should be more open to change; for the past year and a half, we have been crawling ahead without much thinking of how to improve and change things. The old "If it is not broken don't touch it even if it works imperfectly" approach. Frankly, I think we need some change and every time I suggested something I was met with the 'no need for change'. The council is resistant to change.

So, while I have my own ideas for some things I want to change, I wonder if you ladies and gentlemen had any views on what should change. For those of you that are here for too little to know, we basically have a sentinel, a council and have been done away with the Charter. No Hierarch, herald or anything else. I don't even think we have a Factorum.
    So, without charter it is a good time to bring in some Silver Laws of our own and I am open to suggestions.

This is not an official gathering, no decisions will be made today, but I would like to gather opinions. Especially Zero's that I represent. "

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread