Sometimes, hunting's almost fun. It's not supposed to be, not really, Helen heartily agrees to the notion, but even in some backwater, you sometimes get the luck of the draw when it comes to the folks you find...

Meet Dave !

Dave isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's pretty funny and Helen finds him somewhat relateable too. Which beats talking people into some ambush position or stuff like that a lot, so she freely admits she's milking the situation for what it's worth and a few shots of feeling actually normal for a bit. Sometimes she wonders if that's how those herds start. Just keeping a bunch of people on speed dial just in case. She's never been a big fan of that, the term 'herd' alone... Eh, doesn't matter, she doesn't want to spoil the mood by getting too much into fanger stuffs just now.

That is, until she gets that glass of milk she hasn't ordered. Her eyes follow the hand that indicates the well-meaning sponsor, but she already knows who'll be at the other side.

What's she doing here of all places anyway ?

Asian woman, average build and height, grey business suit with pencil skirt, dark hair, middle length... The only things that kind of kills the boardroom look and highlights even more that she's sticking out like a sore thumb in here are the dark sunglasses and the horizontal scar on her cheek. The woman gives her a big grin and a playful wave that turns into a short beckoning motion.

Just when things were getting fun, but no, can't have that. Best to get it over with quickly... She sighs and leaves Dave her number. Family business. He understands or at least pretends he does and she picks up the glass and goes over to where the other sits, taking a seat next to her.

'Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ ?'

Someone is having way too much fun with this !

"Depends. You got someone behind that corner for that or am I to discuss that stuff with you, Lyuba ?" Lyuba gives her a smile that'd make any shark envious in response.
'Depends. How technical do you want to get ?'
"You know what, I don't really feel like getting technical tonight at all. You didn't just get down here all the way from Topeka just to pester me about the old stuff, right ?"
'Wichita, and no, not really. I just was sort of in the area.'
"Sort of in the area my ass." Helen would have believed most people, but Lyuba ? Not. A. Word. "You still sneaking up on people for Faith like that for fun ?" 'Sort of, I mean, it's not really sneaking if they just don't pay enough attention to their surroundings. I've had to cut down on it a little lately. What about you, still chasing your own tail in some attempt of persuing the dictatorship of the proletariate ? Oh, I mean, the totally not communist utopia where everyone gets the same say with absolutely no troubles through funny mindfuck-y rhetoric and charms or an entrenched ruling elite that obviously doesn't exist and definitely never will ?'
"You're making this awfully easy on yourself. It's a little more complicated than that. The way you make it sound with that black-and-white bullshit they teach in sunday school, everything without a strict hierarchy that mostly leans to the political right is communism."
'Well, it is communism, sunshine. Just with extra steps. And denial. Looooots of denial. And people being so self-righteous it hurts.' Lyuba corrects in a way that's not helping with Helen's slowly building annoyance she's been baited into this discussion that easily yet again and suckles at the colourful plastic straw in that weirdly coloured but unidentifiable drink of hers a little. 'Look at us, we're so great, people have to cast us to the fringe of society unless they want to collapse in the light of how awesome and humane we are... Self praise is no praise, ever heard of that phrase ?'
"Pfft, fuck you. Look out, Little Miss Nuremberg is talking."
'Big Miss Nuremberg. I haven't invested all that effort just to be called Little Miss Nuremberg. specially not by you.'

Helen feels more annoyance build by the insunuation alone. She gives Lyuba a death glare and takes a sip of the milk. Almost has room temperature now. Blergh...

'Hey, it paid off enough to finally get that promotion to deterrent and bodyguard department I've chased for some time now.' "Congratulations. How long will you be staying before moving on ? Two days ? Three ?"
'As long as the bosses think I have to. I've heard the town has enough pople who need some stupid ideas knocked out of their heads before they try acting on them. Even get to babysit some higher-ups dumb bitch kid. That's right, I've already been accepted to the place, you know what that means ?'

Lyuba's way too enthusiastic with this, which is seldom a good thing. Again, Helen fears she knows what comes next. And boy is she right.

"We can hang out more and catch up as long as things don't go to shit ?"
'I knew you'd think its a nice idea, too ! We'll have so much fun !'
"Don't you got social obligations at work you should look to ?"

Lyuba gives Helen a playful slap to the shoulder

'Sure, sure, but work is work and leave is leave. I mean, why not keep job and fun a little apart, besides... what would I look like if I only live to work when my favourite baby sister also lives in town ? So, I've seen this place that looks really interesting. Bit upscale, but I guess I could smuggle you in if you play along... What do you think about-'

Helen sighs an annoyance. Lyuba likes throwing that damn word around way too much ! Not that she's forgotten what Lyuba can be like off work, but it's been some time and somehow, she still gets caught off-guard when Lyuba gets enthusiastic about this whole sister time stuffs.

Ah, well ! The joys of family. At least it probably will be fun as long as the city stays quiet and things don't get too tedious...