(Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton listens intently, but is too focused on his own role to take notes. He's glad to hear Quinn tapping at her keyboard. Nods at her direction, though it's not necessary.

"Please provide his full name." A pause to let her answer.

"And how did you come to be involved with Forten? What is your role in his organization? Are their any other...Kindred in his network?"
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer remains alert to the prisoner. She did not appear to be evading the questions. Did that mean that the Ventrue Blood Gift had done its good work?
    She remains watchful. Listening. Deciding how this new information would impact her own line of questioning. She longed to check her watch, yet she stilled the desire. She did not want to give any sign of haste to the prisoner.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jennifer Hazelton

"His name is Matthew Forten." There was a pause in the strange Kindred as she thought over Milton's questions.
    "I was hired as an Investigator. I investigate potential business partners, new sites that he wishes to purchase. I run background checks. More recently, I follow the cat. It has some strange ability to find and follow weakened people. I have noticed that they look like they are anemic.

I believe that it can identify our Kind, somehow. I followed it to where I believe was someone's Haven. I was told that some of the bodygaurds razed another Haven during the daylight about three nights ago.'
    A brief look of concern on her face.

"There is some confusion, there. I have witnessed his students move supernaturally quickly. Or step through a door and then not be in the room when I looked. They look and smell like mortals, but they can do things. I am aware of a ghoul in the organization. I am responsible for supplying her."

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Mable listened to Angela, she tried to put the pieces together. There was something tickling her mind about the people going through doors and not showing back up. She felt like it was something she had heard about before. But, nope, nothing. the thought flew out of her mind as quickly as it entered.
    failure

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded her head with a small smile. This was confirming their suspicions. All of them, however; could it be they didn't realize they were nearly causing a breach of the masquerade? At least, initially. After burning someone's old haven, she would bet they were quicker on the uptake now.

Though the employee in the store indicated hunters, wouldn't Angela know better? Did she have no loyalty to the Kindred of this City? Anger pressed Quinn's lips into a thin line as she listened.

"Are there any other Kindred involved?" She whispered softly almost to herself as she was taking notes. Couldn't video the interaction, but Evernote was great for an audio transcript. She hoped her Grace liked it. Of course, it may be overkill, but something told Quinn that more was better in this case. Alessandra's judgement could hinge on these facts.

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer takes in the information silently. Marking off which of the avenues of investigation that Milton and the Reeve have checked off with the plan from an hour ago.
    When silence falls over the room, the Nosferatu looks to Whip Northbridge for a brief moment.

The moment stretches into a few moments of silence. Perhaps he needs to concentrate on something related to his Blood Gift. Or perhaps he has inferred something that I don’t see from this line of questioning and is deciding the best way to pursue it. However, the interrogation had been moving smoothly. I do not want to lose the momentum.
    The Nosferatu puts her weight on her back leg and leans forwards slightly. She hopes Angela will look at her with this movement. Hoping that Whip Northbridge’s earlier command took, Jennifer speaks to Angela. She plays out her words by speaking clearly, yet with great weight behind her words. Well aware that her Curse would likely help intimidate this captive.
    If it did not alarm or frighten her too badly to the point that she missed words that I speak.

“Where is Matt Forten’s night club?” Jennifer asks Angela. The map that she has brought is held up outside of the holding cell of Angela.
    “I need a precise location of his night club. Tell me the cross streets.
    If he parks his vehicles in a garage, indicate which ones.”
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Other Kindred involved?"
    Angela repeats Quinn's question. She appears to think for a moment and then replies with care behind her words.
    "I have not felt a Beast from anyone. I have noticed two of the students either having exceptional speed that I could attribute to the Mekhet Clan, or some other supernatural reason for such speed. I have heard no mention of any terms of our kind. Nor have I noticed any of the group feeding. I would say that I am the only Kindred."

The Kindred looks over to Jennifer as she speaks. She makes a small grimace, yet smooths her face after a moment. As the map is brought out, those arresting eyes look to the map briefly. Then the eyes flick to Jennifer's face. After a moment, Angela looks at the map.

"Forten owns the club Rapture. It is here." She carefully extends a finger. She keeps her movement slow and controlled, to not be misunderstood as an attack. The point indicates a spot downtown.
    "He uses the parking garage on Elm street and 22nd street about twice a week. He has one of his students pick up the car from the lot. He dislikes going out himself."

"You are an investigation team? Working for the Domain, I presume. How long have I been kept here?"

Jennifer Hazelton

A call silently notifies on Whip Northbridge's phone. A look of concern touches his face as he sees who the caller is. The Ventrue makes his apologies and states that he needs to leave immediately.
    Milton departs the scene. Quinn Durant is now up on posting order

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable's ears perked at the Rapture. Did she meet Forten? She must have. She didn't have anything to add right now so she stayed silent and waited. Milton left after looking at his phone. She hoped everything was okay.

I noticed it was mable's turn so she went.

Jennifer Hazelton

The group had already met for an hour to lay out plans for this interrogation. The four proceed to ask some of what they discussed. The Ventrue excuses himself, heading out into the night. The questions seem to come slower. The night stretches.
    The captive begins to show the signs of the stress she has been concealing. The pull of her Beast at being so low on Vitae as she kneels on the floor. Her head is down, her long hair hanging in her face. Her shoulders heave, not with the unneccesary task of breathing, yet with the effort of keeping her composure.
    The sun begins to loom, the time that the investigors had comes to a close.
    The investigators leave the captive safely confined. The Kindred disperse into the night.

This scene is confluded.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread