Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Corpses, Boxes and Rats

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Seneschal's office was lightly furnished to match the tastes of the Lord. In what little decoration existed in the room, there was an impression of wealth in the quality of each item. Two low-back velvet chairs trimmed in gold leaf sat before an aged, hand-carved hardwood desk. The desktop had a fresh lacquer finish, though below that possessed the original and unrestored wood. Aside from tidy folders of paperwork the Lord was engaged with, the surface of the desk was clear of items or other decorations save for a brass inkwell and pen. A keen eye might notice that the chair behind the desk was an unremarkable, plain wooden chair. A small shelf was mounted to a side wall, currently occupied by a mere three books. The quality of the bookends securing two of them in place might suggest the Lord held them in high regard. A third lay on its side near the edge of the shelf. The wall behind the desk was empty save for an antique, ornate mantle clock.

The Lord was working through some files, reading and making notes as each page turned. Glancing at his Rolex, he made sure his cabochon amethyst cufflinks were in proper order on his attire and glanced towards the open door in anticipation of his guest this evening: Reeve Quinn Durant .

Blood Hunt:

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn arrived shortly after the appointed time, knocking softly on the outer door and waiting for a salutation from the Seneschal before entering. Upon entering Quinn quickly drew down into a curtsey, her head bowing respectfully. She wore her hair up this evening in a simple bun. A dusk rose Miel sheath dress was what she chose to wear. The color complimented her complexion, and the dress accentuated her delicate bone structure. She had her trusty leather messenger bag with her, carrying her lap top.

"Good evening, Seneschal."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening Reeve," the Lord stood as she entered. Enticing as the shadow normally is, the dress suited her well. "You look quite stunning. I take it you have plans for after our meeting?"

Pleasant small talk aside, "I wanted to meet with you regarding wrapping up our business with the coterie. As you already know, I did have... suspicions from some of their membership." The Lord smiled, conceding the delicate nature of the conversation as it pertained to his covenant. "We'll be meeting with them soon and I'd like you in attendance. We're arranging a place outside of Elysia I'd like for us to discretely explore some of those suspicions."

Blood Hunt:

4. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you Seneschal." She said softly. A bit more quiet than even a conversational tone. It was just the two of them after all. She didn't have to project her voice. She tilted her face to the side at the other question. Did she have plans after? "No plans I'm afraid." Which left the obvious answer plain that her attire was only for this meeting. "I haven't done anything remotely social since I attended Whip OBrien's grand opening with Arcon Twist, unless you count searching for Maeve and the subsequent breaking of the news of her hasty exit from the domain to my cousin Conner as a social event, which I do not. That was a fun letter to write her Grace...." She gave a little shake of her head. And on they went to the business of the cemetery.

She grinned then. "Did anything pan out as to their membership standing?" She asked him bluntly. "I know you shouldn't normally share that information, but in this case, it may be prudent to keep me from believing I have found success in discovery when that was already covered by yourself..." She suggested delicately. She nodded in perfect understanding. "Of course Seneschal. I am at the Domain's disposal in this matter. I have to admit....my curiosity is peaked." She spread her hands slightly. "What is the most important to you in regard to this matter?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

No plans I'm afraid.

The Lord responded with a brief, playful grimace, "Well... I'm grateful there are some tragedies that are within my power to prevent." His lips shifted into a wry grin. "If you're up for it."

"It is unfortunate that she left. She had some potential and I appreciated her eagerness to step up in the cemetery... even if she was a little rough around the edges that night." He shrugged his shoulders, "How is Mister Wells taking it?"

"Nothing stood out," he replied to the inquiry. She was right though, the situation was delicate but she was there to help. "Discretion is most important. As much as I dislike what we had to work with, sometimes that is what it is with no malice involved. Flinging false accusations would be detrimental to my standing, so I would need you to find something definitive to act on. I'll ask some questions that should allow you a window to sniff out deception." The Lord leaned back in his chair and his wrist turned, "We may even choose to open it."

Blood Hunt:

7. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Humor showed in the smile that broke the carefully crafted neutrality of her expression. "Don't threaten me with a good time!" She quipped, and shrugged her bare shoulders gently. "I'm up for it. Did you have anything specific in mind?"

Rough. Yes it was. The gunshot was the most alarming. If not for Jack's negotiations with Vincenzo she is not sure that gunshot would have gone unanswered. Though Maeve did get her face bounced off some concrete for her troubles, so maybe she did get an answer for it after all. Heh. "Yes, she was the one who fired the gun. Very noisy. Alls well that ends well though." She paused a moment about the inquiry to her cousin. "He's, adjusting to the new normal. Weathering this together of course will only make the clan closer." She watched him for a moment before asking.

"You have had two new arrivals. How is that going so far?" There was genuine interest in her tone.

"I understand. I will look at the aura and do my best to penetrate their minds and search for false hoods." She winced slightly at the news that he was considering opening everything and waking the elder. "I would highly recommend against it, but ultimately that will be up to her Grace." He knew her thoughts on it, so no need to rehash the whole thing, but she did give voice to her ultimate vote.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord shrugged, "I was told once my enjoyment of cigars and spirits was a bit cliche for my blood. We can always get our lush on and go dancing- though I must admit I'm not anywhere close to refined in the art." He flashed a grin- it could still be fun after all.

He nodded, "They're doing well, so far. It has been several years since there were other Ventrue who weren't simply passing through." He leaned back in his chair, "It will be good to learn about them a little deeper than acknowledgement, though I hope they keep their noses clean." The track record wasn't good, but it wasn't a very high bar to clear given the Ventrue's history. "Alder Quartermain's skills have had my interest. I hope he can fill a void we've found ourselves with lately. That may be something you'd like to consider exploring." She was the Reeve, after all.

"Neither of us want to," the Lord replied. "However, it is a possibility that we need to prepare for. If it can be avoided, it will." He slid a notebook over in front of him, opening it to scribble down some thoughts, "Given there will be three of us who will need the results of your probing live, I was thinking we might assign some words to represent each of the coterie in attendance. Try to think of something that can easily be worked into a conversation to alert us of who might be working against us."

Blood Hunt:

10. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn seemed to ponder for a moment. The fact of the matter is trying to imagine two Kindred who didn't dance, try dancing in what they were wearing in a modern club. It was like the record skipped in the Shadow's head. Though watching them both be epic failures at something would be novel...

"You know, truth be told I have never smoked a cigar? It was considered a bridge to far and not ladylike. I think I would enjoy that with you. We can always put on music and dance in private if we decide we want to highlight just how little we actually do those activities..." Her lips upturned into a big self deprecating smile.

Quinn flashed one of those devious Mehket smiles when he mentioned Quartermain. Her gaze sliding to the side and then back to the Lord playfully. "I already met with Mr. Quartermain privately, and may have given him a little nudge in the direction I am looking for in a deputy, and what the domain lacks as far as martial prowess in Kindred. It was a productive conversation."

She was happy to hear that. She had begun to wonder how long they would entertain these Kindred and their dubious requests. "Verbal cues may be harder to detect than physical motions or ticks. Although you do talk with your hands and make gestures, so perhaps we should stick with what would not seem out of place. I will not be doing much talking most likely, as I have to focus. Perhaps a flick of your wrist to alert me to the use of Telepathy to report silently to you?" She couldn't help but feel a thread of annoyance. If her Grace wanted to use verbal cues wouldn't she need to be here too to discuss this? For fucks sake.

12. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord stifled a chuckle into a mere grunt, "There was a time I suppose," he shrugged, "Those days are long behind but even then there were plenty of women who were just as much of a catador as any man." He flashed a grin, "And they'd remind you of it if you thought them any less of a Lady for it." He smiled, an earnest one at the prospect of dancing privately. He couldn't help but remember a choice night in his past. "Well, that sounds like a brilliant use of the evening."

"Very good to hear," the Lord remarked. "You are certainly not wasting any time stepping into your new title."

He withdrew his pen from the paper and twisted it between his fingers, "They don't know me though, and surely I'm not that animated," he gave his own guilty smile. He knew better, of course, "The value would be for us all to get the results of your probe simultaneously. Perhaps after some discussion with the coterie I can ask you something to the effect of what time our meeting is. The time you respond with can be the signal. If you identify Mister Holden as an agent of Pope's for example, you can tell me 'At one'. If it is both Holden and McCabe, you can say 'Between one and two.' There are two other suspects, the Halls. Lady Elizabeth Hall can be three and her childe Katrina can be four. If there's a mix, you can say 'It is at one, but we can move it to three.' or 'to three or four' if Holden and both Halls are identified. If you find nothing, you can say we can meet at five since it won't take long." Not overly complicated and easy enough to work into conversation. He shrugged, mulling over the idea further and waiting for Quinn's input.

Blood Hunt:

14. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Agreed!" It was hard to imagine a nicer way to while away a few hours.

"I am trying. I have come across some more unrest in the city. So the choosing of Deputies is something I am actively working towards. Reaching out and observing those I feel would fill those positions admirably. "

"Of course not Mr. Pretty..." Quinn quipped back in response to him saying he wasn't that animated! Ha! Humor glinted in those hazel eyes of hers.

"That would work, and not look like I was talking to much. I believe at least one of them have to be a member of Pope's cult. My soft money is on Holden. Seeing him in the graveyard and other tell tale signs... that's where I'd out my two cents, but I will check as many as I can as fully as I can."

She sat back watching him. "There is a limit to how many Kindred I can read the mind of. I will focus with Aura Perception to try to narrow it down first, and from there. The aura is supercharged empathy after all, and unlike Kindred, it doesn't lie."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread