Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Shadow and the Haunt meet

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(The Shadow and the Haunt meet)Vitae 2 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Within an upscale hotel, Liam stands beside the elevator on the ground floor. He remains alert for Dr. Baker, prepared to lead the Mekhet up to his regnant. The ghoul was a dark-haired young man, in an expensive grey suit. He stands ready to intercept any mortals who may catch a glimpse of the Kindred gathering tonight.
    Jennifer is lounging on the top floor. The brunette is reading what appears to be an antique book titled the language of flowers.

Jennifer is wearing a tailored designer gown in green. It was tailored to touch her ankles. A vintage green scarf has been elaborately pinned to hide the left side of her neck and quite a bit of shoulder. A diamond wreath broach was prominently pinned to the
    The Lady’s jewelry was an emerald necklace with strawberry gold. The necklace had been custom made on a longer chain to be shown underneath her scarf.

Her skin has a healthy, living glow - a Blush.
    The Penthouse was behind her, arrangements made to create a seating area more comfortable for kindred. The penthouse has been reserved, the door standing open down the hall. It is clear that preparations have been made as the penthouse furniture has been adjusted for the meeting. There are four fine armchairs arranged so that no one's back is to the door. The chairs are arranged a comfortable distance from one another for speaking. The overhead lights are off. A few soft electric lights are set in a bowl of soothing, smooth grey rocks. These light arrangements are set at the end tables, providing enough light to see comfortably. There is a tray set with two bottles of wine that are breathing, glasses sparkling in the low light.

Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Book keeping
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Albert exited the cab, payed the driver and entered the building, dressed in a stone grey three piece suit, black oxfords and a coat and bowler, stone grey as well. As always he carried his briefcase and a small cloud of incense heralded his arrival though there was a difference to the appearence in Elysium. He didn't really seem to look well, instead having traded the pallor of death for a pale and sickly resemblence of life, which also included the fact that he seemed to walk slower using a cane and there was an audible wheezing in his breath.

After a short nod to Liam, Albert entered the elevator and after reaching the top floor he discarded coat and hat at the wardrobe revealing his tie and a silver amulet depicting three women around a column holding keys and torches surrounded by snakes and dogs and continued into the room. Before sitting down he coughd into a handkerchief and then spoke with a slight bow.

"Good evening, Priscus Hazelton. I'm honoured to be your guest."

4. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Bookkeeping

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer took in Dr. Baker's movements and apparent health carefully. As he approached, she rose and gave a nod befitting an acknowledged member of the Domain.
    "Dr. Baker, I am glad you could find the time to meet with me. Shall we retire to the Penthouse?"
    Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass. Liam followed after the two, closing the hotel door and affording the Kindred a small amount of privacy. The ghoul remain unobtrusive by the door, focussed on preventing any surprise interruptions. Yet aware of any beckons from his Regnant.

Jennifer gracefully took a seat across from the Mekhet. "I must say, what a lovely piece of jewelry. I would be interested in the signifigance, if it is not a secret.
    I hope that you have had time to meet with your Family."
    Jennifer said pleasantly. Her expression one of polite interest.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

On the question whether they were to retire into the penthouse for more privacy, Albert nodded.

"I do think we shall."

When Jennifer spoke of the amulet he wore, a smile appeared again, though he seemed lost in thought for a moment, remembering the day it had been given to him.

"Thank you. It is no secret at all. This amulet is a representation of my belief in Hecate as goddess of boundaries and protectoress and it was given to me by my sire after my induction into the Circle."

Again he nodded, having indeed had the opportunity to meet the clan (and even looking forward to another meeting with them). All in all, the meetings had been quite different than he first had expected.

"Indeed I did find the time and I also have had a bit of a brief talk with the Hierophant. I hope more will follow in the future."

Opening his briefcase he took a package out, which looked like a bottle wrapped in paper and put it on the table.

"As I'm your guest, I brought a gift. I hope you like wine. This one was not easy to obtain."

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"What a meaningful gift." Jennifer replies, taking a minute to look over the amulet more closely.
    "The goddess Hecate." Jennifer clarified/ She was making a mental note about this, and it wouldn't do to be wrong.

Jennifer looks to the door to ensure that it was closed. And her ghoul was standing in place to intercept any wandering mortals. Satisfied, she looked to Albert.
    "Excellent. That is wonderful to hear." Jennifer states, sincerely. "Your Family is quite adept at reaching out and making allies, Dr. Baker. The leader of your political group is quite lovely. She has made quite a few inroads in her years in this city.
    I do wish for you to have all of the information. Madame Wood has hit a few political snags regarding appropriate respect given to others in public. Personally, I admire her steadfast nature in remaining to take her lumps, as it were. Yet I am aware that it is a difficult situation at the moment."

Jennifer looked over at the offered gift. "Oh, how wonderful! I was about to offer if you would like to drink, yet did not want to presume. Thank you for the gift. Liam?"
    Liam took a moment to prepare appropriate glasses. Jennifer picked up the gift, taking a few moments to appreciate it. To look over the wrappings, to demonstrate that she appreciated the gift. Liam accepted the bottle and opened it, pouring two glasses and setting them before Albert and Jennifer. Liam stepped back to the door.

Jennifer looked over to the side table, where a small jewelry box in silver waited. It was wrapped in blue organza ribbon with Dr. Baker written by hand upon the tag. Jennifer stood and picked up the gift box, bringing it and setting it on the table between them.
    "A gift from myself to you. I had a piece of jewelry made for you - sterling steel pin in the image of your political party. A small, delicate setting of tanzanite precious stone for a dash of color. A little something to take pride in your affiliation, where it is safe for us to reveal our political beliefs."
    Court, or gatherings of the Covenant were her favorite places to wear such accessories.

"That is a reason that I wished to meet with you. I had heard you say something at the meeting about a war where you are from. I wish to assure you," Jennifer pauses, sincere. "- that while you and I may have fundamental political differences, there is nothing like that here in Sacramento.

I would be glad to introduce you to folks. To assist you in getting settled in. I am sure that the head of your Family told you that our two Families have met to form an understanding between our two Families."

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

"Indeed most meaningful, it is among my most prized possessions. I tend not to wear it openly as in the last domains it helped the minions of my enemies to find me, but I think it would be a bit safer here."

On her clarification he nodded.

"Exactly that one."

Then she expressed her opinion on his family and its leader which he acknowledged with a smile, which became slightly strained when she explained that the Hierophant was in a bit of trouble and he hoped she would stay Hierophant, as he didn't meet the requirements to be an adequate successor.

"I see... It is quite unfortunate that she has that trouble. I do hope she improves her situation and continues to contribute to the domain."

When unwrapped the bottle the label boasted it being a 1986 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. Albert smiled as her reaction to his gift delighted him.

"You're welcome. I would indeed like to take a glass of wine. It isn't very likely to have detrimental effects to my health anymore, after all..."

Looking at the box and its contents he smiled and bowed his head in appreciation.

"I'm much obliged to you and thank you for this gift. I'll wear it with pride."

Th
    en the big topic was put on the table: The reason he was here. It actually surprised him that she was willing to help him get established and he wondered where the downside of the domain was hiding...

"I would be glad to accept your help and would once again be much obliged."

On the topic of the alliance he nodded.

"Yes, she mentioned that."

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Bookkeeping

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Good, I am pleased that the gift suits you."
    She was sincere. Gifts of jewelry could be difficult to meet individual preferences.
    As the discussion addresses the Hierophant, Jennifer nods slightly.

"She is a skilled combatant. Quite clever with the occult. The two of us have plans to go over our occult tomes together. I want to assure you that I don't dislike her. Or am attempting to alienate you from your covenant.
    I do think that it's an issue that can be addressed. Then the affected can move forward."

As the fine drink was poured, Jennifer smiled. A natural transition to more positive topics. Jennifer lifts her glass and takes a lady like drink.

"Very good. Thank you for sharing this with me.
    I am just beginning to learn about different types of drinks. Is this one that you favor?"

Jennifer took a moment to examine the label again to remember the sort of drink that she likes.

" How can I best help you? Do you have goals that you would be able to share?
    I would think that introductions could be a place to start. Perhaps you and I could meet with another Kindred of the Domain."
    Jennifer suggested. She would like some idea on if there was something that he wanted.

"Very good. I'm glad to hear that you were appraised of our initial meeting. We only met once to agree to the idea. I am hoping that we can meet altogether soon. To have a discussion about our plans."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread