Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Pheonyx took a few steps away and clasped her hands in front of herself. She looked around towards Crystal.

"Is there a problem?" she asked calmly.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman follows her friend, cause, yeah, technically, she was the Councilor again.

Yah?

But she looks to Crystal, ready to hear whatever might be going on.

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Continued from (2204) Consilium...

This sucked.

Crystal either waited for Puck to join them or just got it out there if the Acanthus had other business to attend to. "So yeah, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up: Eulogy has left. Like, I don't think he's coming back." Which was unusual and further prove not to let people get too close to you. Maybe Aurora had it right all along.

"Also," he looked at the Thyrsus, "Guru has gone away for a few.. weeks?" He wished he could sound more sure about the whole thing. Hadn't he given the same excuse Kaze used when he dipped out? Of course this wasn't an excuse. Guru surely would come back. Fuck. He looked back at Phoenyx, trying a smile that felt forced, even to him. "So yeah, it's just us three today. We should let the Paths know that they need to decide on who should take the office. Although it seems like there's no need for that on your end?" That's why Aurora joined them, right?

The silver lining? There was a long time where there were two, maybe three Councilors. They survived.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Continued from (2204) Consilium...

This was great!

Puck approached feeling as high in spirits as he had felt watching Anima run away with his tail between his legs. Even if the departure was temporary, the glee Puck felt over Guru's absence was obvious.

"Sorry about Eulogy and your cabal." To be fair, Puck had started to like Eulogy in the two fleeting moments they had interacted. The fact that the Moros had gathered all the people Puck didn't like into one cabal for easy labeling purposes was also worth a gold star. Hopefully the next iteration of the cabal wouldn't announce itself with the same egregious self indulgence the last one did.

And Aurora was councilor again? Good. Puck never would have said what he did if he had known how low the Path of Ecstasy was capable of falling.

"So is that all or do we need to get started?"

He wouldn't say 'did you have something important to share', but he'd certainly think it. And smile. A lot.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The Arrow frowned as Crystal delivered his news. It was unexpected - Eulogy had been establishing his own business and to uproot that suggested something very important. It also seemed the Moros were once again without a councillor.

Crystal seemed to but taking the news hardest. Of course, with Kaze and Eulogy gone and Guru away, Crystal's Cabal had crumbled around him. "Hopefully we will see him again soon. I have had to do the same on Order business before." Phoenyx offered her words of support. She had respected Guru - there was a strong will beneath his jovial exterior.

Puck on the other hand seemed to be taking joy in the news of people leaving, grinning like the fool that was his namesake. That was confusing. Surely Councillors wanted the best for the Concillium, and people leaving was not in that best interest. Regardless, they did need to start the meeting proper. "For official business, I would like to discuss our move to deal with the Spirit in the theatre and Mobius' recent actions attempting to form a Hallow. They accidentally released a Spirit." Though notably the Acanthhus was not here. She looked around. "Does anyone else have official business for everyone, aside from the announcement regarding Eulogy?" Hopefully they would be concise and ready to start.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes , liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Was she surprised about the news of Eulogy? Not really. People come and go, and this was another example of that.

There was a nod to Crystal, “He called me and told me he had some important business he needed to attend to out of town. He said he wasn’t sure when he would be able to return, but that he intended to come back.” If that was true or not remained to be seen. “He asked me to step in for him while he’s gone, so I am, but I do plan on talking with Apollo and running things by him.” Always good to keep others in the loop. “I figure the Moros can figure out who will represent them.” That’s how it was done.

The grin from Puck was annoying and unsettling. Was he glad to see two Councilors leave?
    A blink. Released a spirit?! What?

“I wasn’t aware we had a rogue Spirit, if you want my help with it, I’m available. I also recently mastered Spirit, so that might prove to be useful.”
    Yup…just drop that right there. Spirit Master. Life Master. Eh.

A shake of her head, “No. Seems everyone already knows about Guru having to leave town, so I have nothing else.”

12. Likes , liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Phoenyx' reaction kinda surprised Crystal - he certainly wasn't expecting warm words or anything, but there was something to her pragmatic way of thinking that somehow felt good to hear. "Yeah, I'm sure he'll be back." And that's what he was going to tell himself until proven otherwise. Denial worked in mysterious ways, after all.
    Having Aurora jump in meant more to Crystal than she might think. There were many points where they seemed to gel, so having her around meant having someone around he could relate to. "Thanks.. Councilor." He shot her a look that only she could interpret as 'wanna get shitfaced later?' and hoped for the best.

When Phoenyx laid out the other official points Crystal fell silent. Was he shocked that he wasn't involved in all the spooky shit going on? Not really, since he tried his hardest to keep his head in the sand. It sucked anyway to not help, nor feel the need to help. "No, I don't have anything official I'd like to bring up." He didn't even have it in him to react to Aurora's Mastery properly - she grew more capable each week, but probably didn't even fully recognize that herself. And who knew how long she'd stick around here anyway.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Pretty sure Mobius left months ago?"

The Enchanter is a bit confused by Phoenyx's run down, though she did mention one thing he wanted to discuss.

"But yes, let's talk about the theater. You and Guru gave a recap recently I thought was very convenient for both of you."

This right here? One of many reasons he's so happy to see Aurora instead of Guru.

"When we found the entity, you both cast vulgar spells to deal with the situation in front of multiple sleeper witnesses."
    He turns his attention from Phoenyx to Crystal and Aurora. "When I first saw the creature, it used it's powers to summon it's four sleeper thralls. Guru used a vulgar matter spell identifiable by it's brown glyph to weaken the object the spirit was bound to, collapsing part of the stage in the process. As we worked to neutralize the sleepers and remove them nonviolently one fell into the pit and was possessed by the creature. Phoenyx and I managed to scare two of the sleepers out of the room, but when I asked Phoenyx to knock out the possessed sleeper she used a vulgar life spell I could identify by the green glyph to do so."

He doesn't seem especially happy as he tells the story. The grin fades to a more naturally neutral expression, and nothing in his tone indicates his previous joy. He pauses to give Crystal and Aurora time to digest, and takes a deep breathe before continuing.

"The sleepers were looking right at us as Guru cast his spell, and Malcolm was in a pit with nothing else to look at as Phoenyx cast her spell from the edge of the pit. Both vulgar casts. Both with sleeper witnesses. Both talked about this altercation at the last meeting and chose not to mention the parts where they had breached the veil in their attempts to deal with the situation."

That last part? Not what one would expect from Councilors of the Concilium. The judges charged with enforcing the law both tried to avoid how they broke it.

"We should definitely wait for Guru to hear the accusations and enter a plea before ruling on his breach, but this is definitely something the Shaman's should be aware of. I also think it's something Aurora should handle personally before passing the mantle back to Guru to avoid him voting on his own sentence."

This guy right here? He doesn't have a high opinion of Guru. Given the guy once tried to use a mage casting a spell as an excuse to circumvent due process altogether? Puck didn't believe for a second Guru understood enough of the situation to handle it properly.

"Phoenyx should be free to voice her plea now. I'd say the minimum sentence of a minor penance is sufficient. Three months. She did presumably do it to try and avoid hurting the sleeper further, but she also made the decision not to inform anyone of the breach. This is the First Talon of the Arrow, and a councilor of the concilium who knew of two breaches of the veil and said nothing. That's not okay."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Whelp, apparently it didn't just rain today - it poured. On the one hand it was good to get that accusation out of the way before the official part started, but on the other hand they kinda needed to start now. And that meant just acknowledging Puck and leave him hanging - or leave 10 other Mages waiting.

"Thank you for bringing this up. I concur with your suggestion - waiting for Guru, that is." God, that sucked. He regarded Phoenyx. "Should we address this publicly? Then we can get started officially." He gave her a lopsided smile, although he couldn't remember feeling less like smiling for a long time. "If we talk about the other things first you can have a bit of time to formulate your statement?"

Wait, was this why Aurora passed the office on to someone else? Crystal could relate to that.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A small nod was offered to Crystal when she caught the look. Drinks were needed.

And just when things seemed in order and they could all move on, Puck drops accusations. Centered on Guru and Phoenyx. A hand wanting to rub her forehead.

Casting vulgar spells in front of Sleepers was not ok. And she knew that Guru and Phoenyx knew that. Especially Phoneyx. So why would she?

Looking to Puck, “Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I would like for Guru to return to get to hear his side of what happened, it’s only fair.” But Puck seemed to understand that. Now Life had numerous vulgar spells, it was just what it was. Especially if used to knock a target out. She’d done it many times, but it hadn’t been in front of Sleepers. “The accusations cannot go unheard in my opinion.” Eyes look to the Arrow, “And I would like to hear your side of the whole thing as well.”

Had they cast those spells because it was the lesser of two evils? The risk of the Sleepers seeing the magic less of a threat then whatever the spirit was about to do? Sometimes there were difficult calls to make in impossible situations.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread