Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2203) Tavern Lawn

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 20, 2022 : (2203)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Continued from (2203)Spring Coronation...

Liam stretches out his arms to take in the festive atmosphere outside the Tavern. The lights, the champagne-budding vines, and many other details that grew around like a fairy-tale forest. But a kinder fairy-tale forest than those Liam and other Lost would be familiar with. "Just like Sera said, welcome! Do you like it? I've been putting in some extra hours myself to make Spring's Hollow a little bigger and brighter. We've all pitched in some way."

But content as Liam was to brag (which was thankfully nowhere near his stature), he looks around at those gathered close to him.
    "So, how's life been? What Joys have you had lately?"

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Continued from (2203)Spring Coronation...

"Absolutely love it, my man," he replies to Liam. "You guys are a force to be reckoned with." Casually extracting his usual flask from his pocket. Takes a pull and holds it out: "It's bourbon tonight Ladies and Gents. Something a couple of steps above rot-gut. Warms the soul. Free to those who want it."

If anyone accepts the flask, he'll part ways with it gladly. If not, he'll gladly continue to drink.

What's been bringing him joy? "As always: everything," joking. But not.

"If I had to say one thing, I guess it'd be my landlady has just downloaded Tik Tok and she's always yelling about how everyone on there's an idiot. I think she may hate people on Tik Tok more than she hates me. Sometimes I'll take a six pack and go listen to her for a while. Shit rules."

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam will gladly accept the flask, taking in a modest swig of the flask. But not before winking to Worm. "Offering your flask to a Giant? That's a bold gesture, Worm. You might not have much left after I'm done." He hands back the flask with most of its contents still there. A clear gesture of goodwill and friendship as any.

"Wait? You mean the video app?" Liam laughs a hearty, barking laugh. "Well from what little I've heard, she's not wrong. Though I've found some nice recipe ideas to try out." He shrugs. ​"This landlady sounds like a tough cookie. Is she Lost too? Or just a grouchy mundy?"

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Don't care how big you are, my dude. You'll always get a sip off my flask. Or two." A grin as the Ogre drinks and returns the booze. The Colonel takes another pull.

"Besides, this isn't my only party favor." A wink. There's the coke. And the weed pen. And whatever loose pills are in his pockets.

"Oh yeah, the app. Some grandkid made her download it. You should hear her..." Here Worm breaks into high-pitched, very fast Spanish. Clearly doing an impression of the woman: "Pedazo de mierda. ¿Qué demonios te pasa? ¡Consigue un trabajo! Tu madre debe estar avergonzada. O tal vez ella es demasiado estúpida."

He joins his laughter to Liam's: "Wild shit." Wipes a tear from his eye. "You better believe she's a stone cold bitch. I love her. Check in on her every day. Last week she threw her remote at my head. Direct hit." He recounts the incident fondly, as if getting pegged by a piece of home electronics is a cherished memory.

6. Likes , liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

"Thanks, friend." Liam takes a glass from one of the tables, itself full of hot tea he's brewed a while earlier, and sips down the hot liquid with little bother. Worm's comment of other "party favors" does prompt a raised eyebrow from Liam, but he doesn't press one way or the other. Ogre metabolism and drugs just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. And not in a good way, like Worm. "Speaking of 'party favors', I wanted to thank you again for that training session we had with Gerrit. It's made me think a bit about possibly picking up some weapons-training in the future. I'm just trying to think of what comes in my size. Any recommendations?" ​He trusts Worm's knowledge of weapons more than his own. "Ram had me using a spare broadsword during our last Patrol, but I didn't really get to use it."

Liam's Spanish is sub-par at best, but Worm's rapid-fire impression has the Giant laughing in no time. "She got a hit on you? Wow! You must really like her." He wipes a mirthful tear from one eye; syrup-like liquid being caught by a napkin. "Me, I'm just lucky I don't break my tech by sitting on it or typing too hard. Everything's so dang fragile. I can handle glasses for hours on end, but cell phones make me nervous. It's the tiny keyboards." He pulls out his own smartphone and gingerly pokes at the keyboard in demonstration. "I have to stop and figure out my words or else I'll fat-finger the letters. There was even this one time..." He stops and looks a little sheepish. ​"...well, maybe that's a story for another time."

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"You're welcome," he replies. "On both counts."

Ohhhhh, weapon talk. Worm is clearly interested in the topic. "Well, you've got the size to wield shit that some of us find too heavy. Or cumbersome. I'm talking hammers. Axes. Big-ass swords." A pause as he considers his friend, rubbing his chin. "I could see you whipping a hammer around with real style." Like he's suggesting a new suit.

"Hey! She's old but she's fast. Caught me when I wasn't looking. Great aim too." Rubbing his temple while remembering. "She was mad because I showed up at her door in a speedo. You think she'd be used to it by now." Shakes his head with a rueful chuckle.

Liam hints at a juicy story. Worm's not letting that drop. "What? No! Tell me! No time like the present, bud. C'mon..."

9. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam nods, scrunching up his face as he considers while Worm talks arms with a seasoned professionalism that's almost as disarming as the Goblin's bladework. "Don't know where I'd find axes or broadswords, but hammers should be fairly easy to come by from supply stores and things like that. Weirdly enough, axes don't really bother me." Perhaps because he was more Ogre than tree. "You know, I've seen some pretty cool pictures of Stone Age weapons that were crafted from stuff like rock and bone, or shillelaghs carved from thick wood. Maybe I could try something like that?" He's thinking like a Spring: decorate the head-smacker so that it looks pretty over the mantle. "It'd be a fun project."

The imagery of Worm in a speedo sounds...very much like Worm. And Liam finds himself laughing again. "Ha! That's what happens when you're comfortable in your own place. And no offense meant, Worm. Even the best fighters have to take a few hits." And even some Ogres.

Worm's eagerness overrides Liam's hesitation; he can't resist a good story. "Okay, I'll explain. So I've been texting a lady whose come by the bar a few times. We've been hitting it off, just chatting. And she texts me that she's going on a biking trip in the mountains. We talk about fitness a bit and I try to say that I've been working on my abs. But I miss a 'b' and replace it with an 's'. ​He shakes his head, still smiling but a little bit embarrassed. ​"We both had a good laugh about that."

0 Scenes

8 days left folks!

12. Likes liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Another sip of the flask. "Mmmph," wagging a finger as he swallows. "You should talk to Circe. She knows shit about smithing. Bet she could offer some tips."

A laugh, eyes twinkling with uppers, downers, everything in between. "None taken, bud. I've caught more than a few. And, like I said, she's a worthy adversary. No shame."

Eyes go wide at the story, "A laddddy, huh? Well, well, well. This tree's got game. I love it." A chuckle. "Now that is what we call a charming mistake. Those fat fingers did you a good turn." A pause. "So, when you going to see her again? Any plans?" Gives Liam a look that says: Spill! The! Tea!

14. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

"You think she'd be willing to help?" Liam has thought of approaching Circe for crafting assistance, but that was for the purpose of decoration or maybe possibly armor. "I'll be sure to let her know! Maybe she could teach a Spring a few tricks." Liam's a very action-oriented person: he sees a task and wants to see it done and done well. And learning from an experienced craftswoman like Circe would be quite the privilege.

"Game? Well, I don't know about that. We just hit it off one night, and then one night turned into a bunch more nights. Work nights." Lest Worm get any ideas that the Giant was putting the moves on too strong. "We're going to the park for Easter." Worm asks, and Liam gladly delivers with a beaming smile. Ogres have little patience for secrets, even their own. "Picnic lunch! Blanket, lawn chairs, the whole nine yards. Just us and a whole lot of chicken salad." He leans in pseudo-confidentially. "It's a recipe I've been working on. She mentioned that she liked chicken salad as a comfort food, so I'm bringing it as a surprise."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread