Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Very Important Predators: C & J

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Nuit D'Encre was slowly but steadily making a name for itself in the city as a place of class. A cool, noir-style atmosphere and cordial service that made it an easy pick for date nights or just a place to unwind without the blaring noise or unruly crowds of other places. Tonight business had picked up, so navigating the floor was a bit crowded...

But that's what Conner liked. The press of bodies cloaking him like the shadows that sometimes cloaked his weapons or tools. But there was something else: the closeness of his own Blushed form in the midst of the unaware Human throng was almost therapeutic to him. Made him forget just for a little while what he was, and what they were. Monster and Food

Conner uses the VIP pass graciously provided by O'Brien to access the isolated VIP section, then sits at a table to allow ample room for his conversation partners. "I'll have a bourbon on the rocks, please." A comfortable standby. Tonight was about being at-ease. After all, he was seeing allies tonight.
    Jennifer Hazelton

Book-Keeping for Blush to come

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush and Imbibe)Vitae 2 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer stepped out in a designer black dress, her dressy flats that did nothing to add to her 5'7'' frame and a wine-red scarf elaborately pinned over her neck. She wore neutral make up with a wine shade of lipstick, her hair loose in tussled waves. A pleated white and black scarf, pinned in place, completed the look. A statement pin on the outfit was a wreath of genuine pearls, with held two blooms of blue convolvulus flower. She wore a bracelet with green gemstones and a ring with green emeralds.
    The Lady strode towards the VIP area, looking for the Kindred that she was meeting. She notes the obfuscated Beast of the Shadow. She weaves her way forward and signals a bartender.
    “A mojito, please.”
    “Hello, Conner.”
    She greets with the identity he had used in this venue before, a friendly smile and that serpentine Curse.

The Lady gracefully took a seat. "I invited a friend to join us."

Links to her outfit
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Vincenzo steps into the venue, looking around for a moment. He wears charcoal grey suit, white dress shirt, with a royal purple tie and pocket square.
    Vicenzo's face is pockmarked. His head is buzzed to nearly bald. His face is all lines. His hands are rough and calloused, although carefully his nails are manicured.

The kindred makes his way to the VIP lounge. After a moment, he spots Conner. He gives a nearly imperceptible nod to Conner. Vicenzo approaches Conner's table, giving a nod to Lady Hazelton and then to Conner, leader of the Lance.
    "Good evening.' He greets, careful to not use names until any possible aliases have been provided.

Vicenzo's beast is obfuscated and he is blushed
    Last edited by Seryna; Mar 24th, 2022 at 09:26 AM.  Reason for Edit: Blush

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

With the last visit in mind, it feels safer to dres up rather than dress down, so Helen has dug out the plain blue dress she normally reserves for court. Its the only dress she's willing to use for this kind of thing anyway. She's made her way to the appointed place around the appointed time. Bit early, but things that take some of that time away always happen and today's no exception. Thus, she's about punctual whenj she actually gets into the place. Say what you want, but it looks like O'Brien's place is moving up in the night scene. Well, good for him ! She makes her way through the crowd and past the inner door to the VIP area.

It takes a little until she spots two familiar faces and the third one she's seen in passing at some point at one of the tables on the side. She shortly ponders things, then goes straight for the table, gving everyone a wave from afar.

"Evening, everyone !"

Playing it safe, because she doesn't really know Vincenzo and isn't intimately familiar with folks' preferences when out in disguise with others. SHe gives the assembled folks a nod as a closing in greeting and gets seated. She's curious as to how this'll go...

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

(Bookkeeping: Blush, Consume Drink)Vitae 2 Spent
    PRE

That voice, squirmingly awful and yet just pleasant enough that Conner didn't want to ditch the meeting altogether. "Jennifer, thanks for joining me."She stands briefly to greet her. "How have your nights been?"At first he's a bit confused when she mentions bringing a friend, because Vincenzo enters short thereafter. I though Vincenzo was MY friend for the evening? But then Helen walks in, and it becomes more clear. "Hi! I don't think we properly met at the opening, what was your name?" ​Wanting to make sure he knew any aliases for his investigative partner. Vincenzo is given a welcoming nod and a firm handshake. "Conner. Good to see you again, friend. Let me know if you order anything, because you're on my tab tonight." The least of favors he could offer to the fellow Sanctified.

Taking his seat, Conner swirls his drink a bit before looking to Jennifer. ​"I trust the family has been doing well these past few months?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Good evening. I trust that you have been well?"
    Jennifer inquired of the bald kindred and Conner, her tone polite, for all of its supernatural curse.

" Good evening. It's wonderful to see you. Helen, right? You can call me Jennifer."

A warm smile to Helen at her arrival.
    Jennifer glanced around for a moment, her expression more speculative.

"You selected the table."
    Jennifer directed the comment to Conner. There were a few kindred who outranked Jennifer, as they should. She verified that she was the highest ranking kindred in the VIP lounge. She had wondered if Conner had selected the table due to Quinn joining the group, as the reeve was well respected.
    "Your Family has been doing well, Conner? I know that there have been changes."
    A meaningful glance to the Shadow.

"The family has been doing well, thank you for asking. "

A discreet glance to Helen, curious if she had anything to mention on that topic. Helen had several good ideas and points brought up the last time that the nosferatu had gathered together.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The pockmarked Kindred gave Helen a nod of respect as she approached.
    " Vincenzo. Charmed to meet you."

He claims a seat beside Jennifer.
    "That's generous of you, Conner. I have appraised myself of the cost of a sip of crimson."
    When a mortal drifted near, he ordered whiskey on the rocks.
    There was a glance between Conner and Jennifer, silently observing for a moment.

" I have not had the pleasure of seeing you around outside of the office. ". He directed to Helen.

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"Helen. Conner, wasn't it ?"

Of course it is, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do, even if it means playing ignorant once in a while... At least they get over that quickly when Conner introduces himself to Vincenzo. Same the other way around, of course.

"Alright, Jennifer it is."

Helen doesn't have to add anything just yet, especially with an unknown factor in the company, she thinks it's best to keep her cards close to her chest, so to speak.

"I'm making efforts to get out more, but that dosn't always work out. You know how that can be."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

14. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

What a fantastic four we have here... Conner settles into his chair as the group fills out. He's glad Vincenzo doesn't begrudge him a little hospitality. Jennifer's glance is...not quite worrying, but definitely pronounced enough to the observant Shadow. ​Is she really going to bring up Maeve right now? "We're growing quite well, thanks." The thought of the one departed Shadow gives a slight bitterness to his smile, but only between Jennifer and himself. He's just gotten used to the idea of Maeve being gone. "Our newest, Albert, is settling in nicely. He strikes me as someone with an interesting history that we could all learn from." Especially if it meant getting an in with negotiations with the Circle of the Crone.

Vincenzo's antiquated language prompts a soundless chuckle from Conner, but more out of humor than distaste. He understands more than most how much the Lancea Sanctum values tradition almost to a fault. "Excellent choice with the whisky, Vincenzo." ​He's been expanding his own pallet lately, in more ways than one. He gives Helen a small salute with his drink. "That it is! Pleased to see you again, Helen." He's enjoyed his interactions with the newer Haunt.

He leans in a bit to Jennifer without sacrificing the intimate volume of the space. "Have you heard about the Moore House? The keys have been turned over. Cleanup should be starting soon." Surely Vincenzo would be glad to hear that the Lancea's local home has been recovered. But how will Jennifer and Helen react?

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

The brunette nods slightly to Helen. “I discovered that this past month. I was captured by some research and time simply flew by.” Conversational with a touch of commiseration.
    Jennifer thought the change of membership was something valid to discuss. It was quite a change. She notes that he doesn't mention her own mention of Conner selecting the only table in the VIP lounge, which would be reserved for the highest ranking Domain Official. She made a mental note.

"Does he have an interest in history, as well?"
    Jennifer inquired. "I plan on speaking with folk who have traveled about the world. Seeing what we have seen and what we can learn from one another."
    Once trust was established. She would not suggest that others share what they had seen around the world if they thought that she was seeking out weaknesses to use against them. The Mekhet and Nosferatu were perhaps the Families who could learn to trust this. She considered that for a moment, debating how she could prove her intentions.

"Some years ago I heard of the Moore House. The former leader of our Family," A look to include Helen. Then she looks to Vincenzo and Conner. "- was the leader of your group when I resided here some ten years ago."

Jennifer made a note of the information that Conner shared. She listened for additional information, yet made an effort not to seem too interested. Her face remained composed and calm.

6 successes

A glance to Helen. How to include the fellow Nosferatu into conversation without prying into something the blonde did not want to discuss?
    "Do you mind if I ask where you resided before Sacramento, Helen? I was studying in St. Louis."

“I did see that Dr. Baker said something about conflict at the club after his introduction.” A casual mention, for it was possible Conner wasn’t aware of Albert’s meaning at Elysium. Her eyes tick to Helen and Vincenzo. Remaining aware and including them in the conversation.

17. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread