Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2203) Apollo and Co.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 1, 2022 : (2203) Sanctuary
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Continued from (2203) Sanctuary...

"You too."

All smiles from this guy as he leads Apollo to the side. No point in cluttering up the main gathering. Lot's off people. Lot's of conversations. Sometimes it's just easier to chat away from everybody else.

"Relax, this is an informal gathering so we're all just here to chat and hang anyway."
    Puck seems almost amused by Apollo's discomfort. If nothing else? It was nice to have a fellow introvert.

"If you ever need anybody to talk to, the beautiful blonde is named Aurora and she's one of your Pathmates." He pauses and points the Shaman out to him. "As far as Apostates go, the only other one I'm aware of is Moira ," Again pausing to point to his fellow Enchantress. "She's an Acanthus, and this is her first meeting too if you want to touch base with another new person."

He pauses for a second as he ponders anything else he might want to mention.

"If you're interested in orders I'm always available to talk about the Free Council. The Arrow is headed by an Obrimos named Phoenyx who doesn't seem to be here at the moment. Euology is the only Ladder I'm aware of but he's also not here. Winter is though, and he's our sole guardian. I...have no idea who's in charge of the Mysterium. There's a whole bunch of them and I don't really know much about any of them. Aurora could probably tell you if you want to ask though."

Another pause as his attention lingers silently on Apollo.

"So what brings you to Sacramento?"

Yeah, not asking about those guns he has for arms. That scan of Puck Apollo did? It's safe to say this is a guy in his thirties, but the baggy hoodie and jeans obscured how not in shape Puck was at the moment. Remember that time Kaze couldn't even get him to toss a frisbee? Puck did. To much effort. Use your words to hang out like a normal person.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo smiled, internally he breathed a sigh of relief and seemed to relax a bit more away from the big group. He didn't hate meeting people, he just hated meeting new people especially in groups when he didn't know anyone.

"Sorry, I get a little nervous meeting new people." He paused for a second "Was it that obvious?" He chuckled to himself "safe to say I'd make a lousy actor."

"Anyway Thanks for pointing those people out, I will certainly have to look them up." He flashed Puck a wide smile, quickly moving on from how nervous he clearly was.

"The honest answer is because I awoke in New York, met a few of the cities mages quite soon and they were really helpful. I quickly learnt that my family would be at risk and I didn't want to put them in danger. So I decided to move and figured somewhere with a little more sunshine was in order. I avoided joining any of the orders in New York, I didn't want to get attached and never leave. However, now I am here it is certainly something that I need to look into. I find it's best to keep a open mind and see what happens. By looking at me all this.. " Apollo gestured to himself, all of himself.

"...says arrow, and if truth be told It would be a good choice. I don't think I am the silver ladder, guardians or mysterium type. However, I am keen to learn more about all the orders. You never know my gut feeling can always be wrong."

Apollo paused for a few moments, carefully considering his next words. "You know, if you are ever up for doing an idiots guide to the free council I would be interested. I'd maybr even sweeten the deal and offer to cook."
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

4. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Lot's of people do, me included."

Seriously, finding the giant magic cathedral to introduce yourself to wizards that shape reality because they can? Little nerve wracking. He nods in acknowledgement as Apollo notes his appreciation and listened to his story. It wasn't the one Puck brought with him to Sacramento, though protecting loved ones from the Seers and Nefandi and their manipulative plots was a pretty normal rite of passage for a mage.

"All the orders could use a little muscle here and there. I'd definitely talk to the order heads about what they believe and focus on that over what activity you see yourself doing."

And then Apollo spoke the magic words. Talking and food? This guy gets Puck.

"You can count me in!" Excited Acanthus is officially excited. "My sanctum or yours? Also mind if I check if Moira's interested? She's a new apostate too so I figure it'd be good to get together and talk the three of us."

This Acanthus loves company almost almost as he hates repeating himself. Is Moira's ear itching yet or does Puck have to yell? For now he's settling on staring at her intently until she disentangles herself from the mysterium swarm.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo smiled "I am happy with either, my current place is a bit small though and I'm not fully unpacked yet." He also needed to paint but that was tomorrow's problem. "But it is big enough for 3 of us for sure "

"As for Moira, it sounds like a wonderful idea, she is more than welcome."
    Apollo

Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Continued from (2203) Sanctuary...

And of course Puck was staring a hole through her, and that definitely made it more obvious. She looked between the two with a smile as she got within conversational range.

"What's shaking fella’s?” She asked with a smile. “I heard my name.”

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Your place it is!"

It's okay to invite yourself to someone's place right? Apollo did offer it and food, which basically made him Kaze+ in Puck's book. As Moira joined them his smile grew from ear to ear.

​"Apollo asked me to talk about the Free Council and it occurred to me I never asked during our introduction if you were an apostate by choice or if you would like to talk about my order more in depth. He's offering dinner, I'm offering information, and you just have to show up and maybe ask questions if you like?"

Plus it was a chance to socialize. Although Puck pulled Moira away from socializing to offer a chance to socialize? That self serving paradox was only just now dawning on the Enchanter. If they shared an order though they could socialize all the time though! Although they already shared a path for socializing. Yeah, maybe Puck didn't think this through.

"What do you say? Interested in destroying the lie with a fellow Enchanter?"

9. Likes pisces liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo smiled at Moira. "I make a mean lasagne." it was his attempt to try and sweeten the deal. "Mango sticky rice for dessert..." he added. For Apollo he could get some information, get to know two of the cities mages and potentially make new friends in the process.
    Apollo

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As she walked over, it seemed she would be walking into a very exciting conversation.

Hearing about the Free Council! She’d take a rain check.

A smile appears, “Hey, sorry to interrupt,” sorta, “but our Councilor asked me to talk with you and get you all squared away.” A hand was held out to him, “I’m Aurora, Thyrsus and member of the Mysterium. I was our Councilor until recently, when I stepped down. So, wanna talk? Promise it’ll be painless and quick.” She offers.

Aurora is stepping per request of player

12. Likes liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira grinned back at Puck, easily picking up on his excited energy and matching it as she looked from Puck to Apollo. She nodded with a smile.

“I do have some questions. Didn’t hear a lot about the Free Council in the last city I was in so that would be interesting to hear a bit more.” She chuckled a little. “Always ready!” She said with a laugh to Puck, and looked over at Apollo.

“Can I bring some salad or bread or anything?” She asked Apollo with a grin.

When Aurora came up to get Apollo settled she nodded a bit to her, and glanced at Apollo to see his reaction. It was really awesome of her to step in to make sure he got some time with those of his path. Especially if his councilor was too busy!

14. Likes liked this post
    Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo's smile dropped for a couple of seconds. Has he eaten my pastry and doesn't want to come empty handed? Internally Apollo chuckled to himself. "I do hope Guru is okay." he didn't know the guy but there was still some concern in his voice. Apollo shook Aurora's hand, it was a strong firm hand shake. "A pleasure to meet you and you are not interrupting. Let me just...."

Apollo Looked at Puck and then Moira, his hands rummaging around in his pockets for a few moments pulling out some lose change, gum and various other small items you would expect to see in someone's pocket. The pen he had located from his right pocket was placed in his mouth to hold while he searched his pack pocket for... a receipt. This will have to do he thought to himself and on the back of his Chipotle receipt wrote down his phone number twice and ripped the receipt in half handing his number to Puck and to Moira. As the two halves of the receipt left his hands he prayed to god that it ripped in a convenient place and they each saw half of his order... he totally did not eat 3 burritos and 3 taco's to himself. "Drop me a text and let me know when you are both free and you honestly don't have to bring anything just yourselves." He grinned at Puck and turned back to Aurora.

"Sorry, all ready when you are"
    Apollo

16. Likes pisces, liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread