Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Indian Association of Sacramento welcomes all as they take over downtown Sacramento to celebrate Holi- otherwise known as the Festival of Spring, the Festival of Love or the Festival of Colors!

Holi is considered one of the most revered and celebrated festivals of India and it is celebrated in almost every part of the country. It gained its reputation as the "Festival of Love" because on this day people get to unite together forgetting all resentments and bad feeling towards each other. The vibrancy of colors represent renewed joy and positivity in our lives, and through the entire holiday dry colored powder, colored water balloons and squirt guns are used to paint anyone and everyone in the joyous colors of the festival. Anyone and everyone is fair game, friend or stranger, rich or poor, man or woman, children, and elders. The frolic and fight with colors occurs in the open streets, parks, outside temples and buildings. Groups carry drums and other musical instruments, go from place to place, sing and dance. People visit family, friends and foes come together to throw colored powders on each other, laugh and gossip, then share Holi delicacies, food and drinks.

Our scene starts downtown after dusk. The streets and sidewalks are barely recognizable coated in the swirl of vibrant powders through the festival's activities. Many have gone home for the evening but if you missed the activities from the afternoon don't think you're safe from being brightened up! Street vendors are out and about selling traditional foods for the holiday and otherwise the pubs and establishments in the area are hosting drink specials and live music with tables or high tops available to mingle at. Stringed lights are weaved over the streets for several blocks to provide a soft illumination for the event through the early hours of the morning.

Unfortunately, due to current restrictions the association was unable to be granted permits for the traditional bonfires this year.

happy-holi.gif

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Jennifer was intriqued by the festival of India. Jennifer decided to be a bit spontaneous and attend, without setting up a friend or acqaintance to talk with as she had done for the grand opening.

From her research, she expected that there could be a great experience with color. She chose a multi colored scarf for her accessory. She checked that the SFX covering over her scar was in place, and tired the scarf over it to disguise. She dressed more casually with a well made emerald green shirt and black pants. The Kindred took care to Blush to hide her true nature. She let Liam know when to expect her back and took to the street, admiring the vibrant powders.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Alex's loose white shirt was anything but white at this time, given the colors thrown about for the festival. Clumps of various pastel powders clung and tumbled through his hair as you could hardly make out the natural color. He made his way through the crowds and happened upon a friendly face. "Hey there, Happy Holi!" he announced, almost prematurely as he considered whether they had actually ever met in public before.

Not wanting to risk the off chance they hadn't he quickly introduced himself, "That's an absolutely vibrant scarf. I'm Alex," he extended a hand in greeting.

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer turned with a practiced smile. She was prepared to use social engineering to soothe mortals that were spooked by her curse. Recognizing the kindred approaching her, her smile hitched only for a moment. The smile became genuine, touching her eyes. She recalled a conversation long ago.

"Hello Alex. I'm Jennifer. Oh, thank you. I feel like I'm late to the party.
    What's good? "
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

See, Aurora was looking for a reason to go out and have fun. The fact that it included getting colorful substances thrown at her and she gets to throw them at others is a bonus!

The Shaman does what any sensible person would do with the weather warming up, and the promise of colors, she wore a pair of white shorts with a white top. Figuring once she got drinking and walking around, she’d warm right up!

And she was right! After a few beers and shots with other festival goers, moving around and throwing colors, she warmed right up! Amazing how that happens! Her blonde hair was streaked with numerous colors, as was her face, but she wore a bright happy smile! The white clothes she wore? Well, those pretty much matched the hair, especially her bare legs, she had been in the thick of it! And loving every second of it.

Taking a moment to pause and get another beer, she spotted what she thinks is a familiar face. Well, two. The woman she was pretty sure about, Kaze talked about her. The guy? She thinks she met him in a bar a while ago with some other people. Maybe. Screw it!

Walking up, big smile on her face,

“Jennifer, right?” she asks the woman, holding out her free hand, “I’m a friend of Chris’s.” and if she was wrong, well, whatever.

Eyes turn to the handsome guy, “And I think we’ve met, but my memory, or the beer, can’t place it. I’m Madison.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alex grinned at the response, "You're only late if you never come.... for these types of things at least." He pulled a few pouches of colored powder from a pocket, "We can always fix you up."

Seeing Madison on approach the Lord squinted a bit. She looked familiar but the swirl of colors was just as obfuscating as any intentional effort, "Oh hey!" He thinks back for a few moments, "Yeah it was a bar and we did some dancing. Not that I'm entirely sure that narrows it down now that I say it out loud." He chuckled, "At any rate, Happy Holi!"

He glanced to Madison's beer and then to Jennifer, "How about I get us some drinks..... Any preference?" He offered the pouches to Madison, "And you can do the honors."

Blood Hunt:

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer turns to Madison as she approaches. "Hello. Good to see you, Madison. Yes, I am Jennifer. You are friends with Chris?" Jennifer inquires. Friends in the past, she supposed, with Chris having to move on. She did hope that his family was doing well.
    "I don't suppose that you know Maya?"

"You brought color?"
    Jennifer works to allow her expression to show excitement. She tended to remain composed in most circles to avoid being labeled a breather. Yet here, she took care to show emotion.
    " I feel better that I haven't missed that aspect!" A bit of a smile at Jack. The way she thinks a young woman would react to someone as pretty as Jack Alex.
    "I am up for trying something new. Surprise me." She suggests.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing with a nod, “Narrows it down enough for me. Your friend was a great dancer, and you weren’t so bad yourself.” Compliments the Shaman, smiling, “Happy Holi!” holding her drink up before taking a sip.

Her free hand accepts the pouches, “Me?” a brief look of confusion, as she barely knew these people. Then a shrug, the beers and shots had her feeling pretty good and not really having a care in the world.

Oh yeah...this was the girl with the voice. The one that creeped her out and reminded her of a snake slithering in dead grass.

Nodding to Jennifer, “Yeah, we go way back. City seems empty without him though.” Kaze was a good guy, fun to hangout with. Blue eyes blink, “Uh, Maya?” a thoughtful look, “Name doesn’t ring a bell, but I suck with names.” It was true. She was lucky when she could remember someones Shadow name, let alone anyone else. “Should I?” cause why mention the name?

Looking to Alex, “I can recommend (insert bar name), drinks are reasonably priced and they have a great selection.” Bars she knew.

When he walked away, a sly smile appears on her lips as she looks to Jennifer, holding out the color pouches, “We should ambush him when he returns!” giggling, hey, it could be fun. “But we need to get some color on you too!” holding a pouch up, not throwing it on the women with the creepy voice unless she gave the ok, her eyes shimmering with mischief.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer walked through the festival, he had a pouch of powder in his hand. He had earned a respect for Indian culture before he had his awakening, So he walked around and was enjoying the festival when he saw Aurora . She was talking to another woman, but he was unable to see if he recognized her. "Great she is distracted." thought Zeromancer as he grabbed a handful of powder in preparation to dust Aurora.

Zeromancer snuck right behind Aurora and yelled "Hey Madison!!!" as he threw a handful of the colorful powder at her torso.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hey thanks!" he responded to the suggestion for where to buy from. Alex was happy for the moment's reprieve from the slithering voice. Sometimes fate was cruel, burdening someone with a defect that subconsciously pushed others away. Any of her other actions would show you that she didn't deserve it. Especially not that.

After a few moments of waiting he got to place in his order, "Need a cosmopolitan and two beers please." He slid his card over to open the tab and glancing back to see how the color was going he saw the new arrival, "Make that three beers, if you don't mind."

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread