(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cool, that's decided then." And didn't it feel great to help out people? He couldn't tell whether Moira and Jennifer would get along, but that wasn't really his problem once he gave them the opportunity to network. When she speculated about how he'd react to her work Crystal smirked and pointed at her sushi. "Listen, this already looks pretty abstract, so I think I can tell what direction you're going in."

Her offer was accepted, although Crystal didn't eat it. He considered loss of appetite after indulging in some speed a plus most days, although in hindsight he could have planned it out better before attending this class. "For someone who just wants to whip up something easy you talk like you knew your stuff. Me? I just look things up, buy the most appealing brand of ingredients and pray. But I think I will have to buy me one of those rice cookers. You know, they really take out most of the hassle associated with cooking rice."

He really didn't have anything to add to her story of relationships past except for some noises of acknowledgement while he prepared another roll. A 'mh-hm' here and there to show that he was listening even though there were no more pearls of wisdom coming from him. He heard stories of those life-changing break-ups before - at some point they all blend together. "That's great, I mean that you learned to be happy with yourself." He has. Totally.

1 success

By his third roll he wasn't really going for top-notch quality anymore - he was satisfied with finishing it. One thing this class has taught him: it will more or less taste the same, no matter how it looks.

Hey, maybe his attitude towards Moira earlier came to bite him in the ass after all, because she started asking those questions that put him on the spot on his dates with Matthew. What was it with people always wanting to know how he spent his time? And no, he didn't dislike those questions because he barely felt like doing anything productive most of the time. Or because he felt completely at a loss of direction.
    The Warlock looked up from his workstation and gave the Acanthus his full attention again, smiling brightly. "Oh, this and that. Seeing what the nightlife and the men of Sacramento have to offer. Indulging in some recreational.. let's call it meditation." The smile grew a bit wider for a moment, then he shrugged. He really wasn't in the mood for elaborate stories about how he spent his time at the moment. "And you? I mean, apart from work and your art?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes pisces liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well I do like cooking for myself. Or maybe I just like the idea of it. I'm trying to be more aware of what the hell I am doing when it comes to food. I've pretty much had to fend for myself since I was 10, so its an important topic to me. I forget to eat a lot. My work is busy and time consuming as all hell, and art is like breathing to me, I can't not act out creatively. I passed out in a Zoom meeting recently, and honestly I am pretty sure it was low blood sugar that did me in. I can't have that, and really I need to do better at taking care of myself. So I am focusing on this mini act of doing that: Cooking!"
    She grinned then after that manic overshare. Trying again for another shot at rolling sushi redemption!

2 successes

And she was successful this time! ALRIGHT! She didn't just waste an entire night of not painting on her dream of being a responsible person capable of cooking and fending for herself. See?! See! Cause that is what this boiled down to for the Acanthus. Balance. Something she had committed herself to coming to Sacramento. Being an adultier adult!

"Me? Well since I've been here, pretty much a lot of catching up on reading, and I took up running awhile ago, and that's still going well surprisingly. It gives me the wooden leg too. Cause I eventually get into the runner's high part and don't stop until I think I'm ready to die or I've gone so goddamn far I realize I need an uber to get back." Did she avoid that question a wee bit? Yeah. Admitting you were basically someone's luck pony and spent your time being their bitch and staying in a drug haze probably wasn't the best of hobbies.

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

And just like that she dropped her considerable life story. Damn. "Damn. Uh, congratulations on doing this then?" What else was there to say about that? He didn't know Moira, at least he didn't know her enough to really chip in with valuable life advice here. So instead he gave her a thumbs-up for her roll. "Look at you getting the hang of this!"

Crystal meanwhile started to clean up his station. He thought he got the gist of things. It was pretty monotone even. For a dreadful moment he imagined working at a sushi restaurant and doing this all day. Ugh.

Even Moira's hobbies seem to be lacking a certain degree of moderation. "So yeah, we've basically just met but maybe you might want to consider investing in an alarm or something? Like, an app that reminds you to stop running?" Or reminded her to eat. "Don't get me wrong, you seem fine as can be about it but as an outsider it does sound.." concerning "like you're a real artist."

6. Likes pisces liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

From the ground mists rise, billowing thickly, and a thousand ethereal voices chorus eerily, sounding far away, the seasons spring to life going through time rapidly from verdant spring, to scorching summer, and the first leaves of Autumn, and the deep silent cold of winter.
    Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moira noted the time and started packing up too. She had a love hate relationship with time. So much of it and yet so little at the same time. The clock never stopped or let up for anyone. Not even a Time mage.

She grinned at Crystal and was happy with the way the last one rolled looked even if it didn't look all pretty, it had sure tasted good. The recipe for the sushi rice mix was on point, and worth keeping, and she learned what flavors worked and what didn't, and where to buy supplies when she needed. All in all worth the money for the class and the time spent. Of course, maybe she was skewed on that due to the excellent company of Crystal for the evening though.

"I feel like I accomplished something. Definitely not the sushi master, but I can at least make functional rolls now! All I really have to do is buy pre prepped veggies and stuff and one of those rolling mats and I'm good to go!"

She thought about that a second. "I have been trying various methods out and really haven't found one that's not so annoying that it actually stops my thought process from just barreling belligerently forward anyway as soon as I dismiss it. I'll find it eventually though. It's just a matter of trial and error!" She said. Enthusiasm undimmed. She knew she had this! Most of the time!

She watched him a moment. Just observing. "Thanks for hanging out tonight. It's nerve wracking trying to get to know everyone in the club and all. I've had some really positive experiences in the past with other chapters, but also some negative ones, you know? Time has a way of sharpening caution and destroying playfulness."

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal shared Moira's takeaway, albeit a bit less enthusiastically. "Yeah, it's great to learn new stuff. I should know, I've joined a whole club about that." A lopsided grin to excuse the half-assed attempt to advertise the Mysterium. Although she talked about as much as Corn, Crystal couldn't see the Acanthus as a Mystagogue.

Besides, she seemed to have her hands full with dealing with.. well, herself. "Eh, trial and error sounds good - just make sure to look after yourself." And while he still thought that he wasn't here for everybody's baggage her last remark made him actually feel for her. Being alone sucked, that's why he tried so hard to be surrounded by as many superficially known people as possible. "No problem. You're a lot, but you're fun." She could get offended by that, but with winning smile lake the one he gave her? Unlikely. "Hope those negative ones don't repeat here. And hey, if you ever feel like doing no thinking you can give me a call."

Would he come to regret that offer? Eh, depended on his daily form. He'd have to see. For now he was ready to turn off his brain and just lose himself somewhere.

I'm ready to wrap this. Thanks for the cool scene!

10. Likes pisces liked this post
    Public Effects
    Alt Identity
    (Allegra Cole)
    Presence
    (Assertive)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Moira

Nimbus

Stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

She laughed a little along with him nodding. Indeed he had. She wondered if being a Mystagogue meant more than just studying and doing Indiana Jones style stuff. The way Roman had made them seem, he pretty much called them nothing but glorified relic hunters and shut ins. His words, not hers. Of course he severely disliked the Guardians too, and without a doubt the two negative opinions ran directly into his crazy bids for power.

"Well I did find the best alarm for me is the one that mimics the suns light shining in your face, and if you try to turn over it starts making weird tones and sounds to wake you up! Brilliant device for people like me who get to used to certain alarm sounds and my brain just ignores it. Stuff is out there, I just have to find what works for me."

She grinned at that barbed statement raising her eyebrows once and then letting them fall. "And you care a lot more than you try to let on." She said softly with a wink. "Don't threaten me with a good time!"

With that they got things squared away with their stations, hands washed, tray tables in the upright and locked position, and headed out. For Moira, it was home where a blank canvas taunted her, waiting like a mysterious stranger promising undreamt worlds for her imagination to find and bring to life.

Thank you! I had a lot of fun too!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread