Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Another night out. Another way to push herself past her self-hate and find herself again.

So she picked a club downtown with a live local band playing. She wasn’t sure if they were any good or not, but the beer and shots were pretty affordable, and the club was packed. Perfect! Meaning she could get drunk and maybe find herself someone to go home with. Or at least someone entertaining enough to talk to. Both would work.

The outfit she went with was one that was both casual and eye catching. Well, to her it was anyways, plus it was comfortable. Fitted skinny jeans with a sheer shirt unbuttoned to expose a black lace bra beneath. Her makeup was a bit heavier and smokey then she usually wore it, but she was out to have fun!

The Shaman found herself at the bar, laughing with the bartender as she ordered a drink, heading bobbing in beat with the music. Eyes scan the bar and the area, looking for someone interesting to talk to.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Jenny, you know that I sympathize with you after a hard winter and your break-up, but this is not really my style, sis! Some of the students I see in the uni come to places like this. I am a married man" Corn kept the torrent of complaints on his sister, Jenny.
    "If I wanted the brother that whines a lot, I would have brought Vincent here, Theo." his sister replied, scanning the crowd.

Less than half an hour later, Jenny was dancing with a couple of her friends she met there and attracting the attention of another guy that Corn has never seen. Corn was left doing "handbag watch" duty as the girls were dancing and the guy didn't seem too handsy or anything. Without Jenny and other social distractions Corn became aware of something in the back of his mind. A small nudge, like a ping above the music, nearly imperceptible - Corn's senses have caught magic present in the area. With just a handful of mages in Sacramento and a Banisher after him, Corn decided to take a better look around... till he spotted Aurora in the bar.
    He quickly signaled his sister and her friends that she spotted an acquaintance, he gave a stern look to the guy for good measure to remind him to remain not-too-handsy and moved towards the Thyrsus... carrying three female handbags with him.

"Hey there, Madison!" he called to Aurora as he reached the bar. "I didn't expect to see you alone in a club. Want some company or I ruin your groove here and want some peace and... well, loud music?"
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

If someone had told her earlier that she’d run into Corn at a club, she’d call you a liar. Not that she didn’t think Corn went out and partied, but she didn’t think he did.

Eyes take in the sight of him with the bags, and she smirks, “Couldn’t decide which went best with your outfit?” she teased before thanking the bartender for her beer, then back to Corn, “Only alone until someone catches my eye I suppose.” Shrugging, “You’re welcome to join me,” why not? “Enjoying the music?” she asks as she takes a drink of her drink.

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Looking at the handbags in his arms when Aurora mentions them he gives an embarrassed shrug. "An acquaintance that is not from our book club is dealing with some romance issues; or better some lack of romance issues. I was conscripted to watch over the bags - and keep an eye out for creeps - as my wife is away for the next two days. This is not really my scene. I did go to parties in college but nowdays, I prefer something less... loud and crowded.
    So, you're alone until someone catches your eye? Heh, I am alone because someone caught their eye but I am not going home until I am told that my watch is over. The guy seems OK but you never know
    ."

Corn orders a beer and pays in cash.
    After a few moments in silence he takes a sip and looks at Aurora . "Yours is better. You have spoiled us."
    Mention of the music makes him rub his chin, thinking. "You know what? I find that I do enjoy the music. I didn't expect to, but it is not bad to be out and enjoy some beer while others dance. Especially when company is around.

So... what are you looking for, if I may ask? What catches your eye?
    "

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Hanging out with the Colonel made Gerrit realize that he needed to leave his comfort zone once in a while, and since his roommate had left to live the oh-so-happy life Gerrit had helped him get back the apartment felt much too empty some days. So the Ogre walked around downtown without a real destination in mind until he found himself at this bar. It was packed with people, the music was louder than he'd like and there probably wasn't much fun to be had while staying sober..

But what the heck. Gerrit spent some Glamour to harden his mask, turnt his bruised and scarred skin back to normal if only to make it easier to belief he was fitting in. Inside he gravitated towards the bar - when going out alone that was the only place one could hope to strike up some conversations. And if I don't like it I don't have to stay too long.

2 successes

He noticed the blonde woman almost immediately. Maybe his old-fashioned taste in entertainment was to blame, but Madison Cross was a striking presence anyway. If it really was her.
    Only one way to find out - and while he was leaving comfort zones he might as well go the extra mile. Gerrit walked up to the sideshow performer and the man she seemed to be with. "Hello, I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I was wondering: are you Madison Cross? I'm Gerrit and I really think you are a great performer." He frowned slightly, then added. "Uh, if you are her, that is."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Amusement was all over her face, “Ah, purse duty, the most sacred of all duties.” A nod of knowing, “It’s why I don’t bring a purse with me, such a hassle to keep an eye on.” And they tended to get annoying.

“Sometimes it’s good to get out of your comfort zone, visit places you typically wouldn’t. Never know what you might come across.” Or who. “Kinda, they have to catch my eye, but also be worth my time.” Some guys looked good, but had nothing going on. “Totally,” nodding, “need to keep an eye out for friends. I do it when I’m out with some of the girls.” Well, she kind of took on that role. “And there are some sketchy jerks out there.” Always good to have someone watching out for you.

Chuckling, “Come on now, my beer isn’t that good.” But she liked the compliment. “There you go! Nothing like being able to enjoy live music with a drink. Should try it more.” She teases.

“Oh, hmmm.” Thinking for a second, “Just someone that challenges me and doesn’t treat me like a stupid blonde. I know, I know, high standards.” Laughing again. “But someone good at conversation is always a plus.” There were other things, but those were not important.

Now, there wasn’t anything about the guy that would have stood out to her.

Except that he knew who she was, which was rare nowadays. But still, she was flattered.

An award-winning smile, “Not interrupting,” a shake of her head, “and I am.” It had been a few years since she had someone recognize her, and it was a bit off putting. But it was also known and familiar. A hand was held out, “Hey Gerrit, nice to meet you and thank you!” seeming to be touched by the praise.

“Wanna join us for a drink?”

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Aurora ' s words that she needs to keep an eye out when she's out with the girls got a look of confusion from Corn. Not a subtle, blink-and-you-miss-it one, a long grimace of confusion.
    "At least a certain girl I know you to hang out with, could give pause to the Russian invasion in Ukraine." He half-joked, not exaggerating by many orders of magnitude.
    "What kind of parties do you usually go to?" He chuckled.

Then Gerrit showed up and Corn... relaxed. Much better to be seen by his sister and her friends speaking with a man and a tall, athletic blonde than with just such a woman in a bar. Corn took a sip from his beer and looked at the newcomer. "Jacob, but you can call me T, Gerrit. Pleased to meet you. I am an acquaintance of Madison." he said in casual tone that hopefully clarified his status with Aurora as nothing more than a friend.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Frankly he wasn't really prepared for Madison to invite him to join them. There was a slight hesitation, before Gerrit nodded briefly. "Thank you." He ordered a water, ready to answer any condescending questions that were sure to follow that order. "And hello, uh, T. Where does that nickname come from, if you don't mind me asking?"

Fortunately Gerrit wasn't the type to become starstruck. Mingling with those new people was already a lot and the loud and busy surroundings weren't necessarily helping. The Onyx tried to find a place where he could stay open to both Madison and Jacob without standing in the way of anyone else. It was a bit awkward. "I'm not interrupting a private meeting either, am I? It's not the kind of place I usually frequent to be honest, so I really walked up to you on a whim." He looked at Corn's handbag and raised his eyebrows ever so slightly. "You seem to be pretty adventurous on the other hand." Of course, if he knew Madison from her work in entertainment anything was possible.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a laugh, “Isn’t that the truth! But she’s fun to hit the town with.” Little known truth about the Arrow? She was a blast to hangout with! “But I still keep an eye on her.” They had fought and bled together, one of the Shaman’s closest friends.

“I had taken some time off from going out, but figured that was making me dull. So I look for places with live music, beet tasting or just wherever the friends want to go. Spend a lot of time at a local pool hall, and that’s always fun.”
    Maybe not exciting to some, but she was slowly getting back into her social self.

That was his Sleeper name! Jacob! She was horrible with those.

There were no condescending questions from her. Having had nights where she didn’t feel like drinking.

It was a bit crowded, “Lets grab a booth or table.” She says to both of them, letting the bartender know, and then working her way through the crowd, managing to snag a table. A shake of her head, “Nope! We just happened upon each other.” Private meetings were for the Circle.

“Bars not your thing? Or crowds? Maybe both?” she asks, taking another sip of the beer, “Personally I have to be in the mood for a crowd.” Sometimes they were downright exhausting. “But if it’s me that got you to give the place a try? Then bonus!” sounding quite happy about that.

“I was trying to tell him that having more than one was overkill, but sometimes it’s hard to pick just one.” A joking sigh and shrug.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

To Gerrit 's question about the nickname and private meetings, Corn simply said "I got it in College. And a bar is not exactly a place one would go for private meetings is it? I also don't often find myself in clubs - I prefer less crowded places. I am here with a few friends." he said good naturedly.
    Then Gerrit mentioned the handbags and Corn waved an no-no in embarrassment. "I am here with female friends as they try to have a good time and I am in handbag watch duty. And keeping an eye on them. And I will probably be the designated driver as every one of them has had more to drink than me." Man, I do sound like Vincent! Jenny is right. Corn thought to himself.

When Aurora was getting them to a booth, Corn was a bit apprehensive in the beginning. For all his trust to the girls, he wanted to keep them within his sights. But Aurora's booth was a place he could see the girls... and the girls could see him. He needed "ammo" for the coming questions, and that meant enough to make the girls assume Gerrit was an acquaintance and not that stunning blond woman. Maria trusted him but he didn't want to pass a mage that was also famous as an acquaintance. If some of Jenny's friends knew 'Maddison' and assumed he also knew Madison, his sleeper life would be much more complicated. In retrospect, it was ... unwise to hang around Aurora in a public place where she could be recognized.
    Corn silently thanked God for Gerrit - his life-vest and acquaintance. But enough internal monologue, time to get that ammo...

"So, Gerrit. What do you do for a living?" he said with what-should-be a charming smile. "I work in my uncle's bookstore. I also work part time at the University, doing some light research and some assistance to students - academic tutoring. I am not exactly a 'shadow scholar' as we call the people that are hired to write the essays of rich students; I honestly try to help them understand things. My wife is working in real estate and she travels a lot. "

Fail to manip+socialize to get that charming smile correct...
    failure

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread