Watch

PrP - BaF - Discussing the Mark

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Conner Texts Quinn: A Shadow for the Job
Feb 5, 2022 - Feb 6, 2022
PRP: B&F GroupText - Assemble
Feb 6, 2022 - Feb 8, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner nods approvingly to Milton's suggestion. "I like it. If he's truly of the Faith, he'll certainly be more amenable to a Pastor than what he interprets to be thugs out to get him." It's about damn time to put the fear of God into someone. And we could catch far more flies with honey than vinegar. "I may even have some more material incentive to bring him to me. I can provide Vitae at the cost of my own via objects. If he's afraid of hunting, I can provide Vitae in exchange for information. From there, we can decide how to detain him."

"I'm not sure Max is lying to us right now. I agree he wants Mr. Jacobs out of his hair, but I don't see him wishing ill on us."
    Granted, he hadn't been trying to read Max for deception. But everything was panning out so far. Perhaps he was just happy to have a Kindred with some degree of conscious involved in this case. "I can arrange a place of meeting. He doesn't seem to have much respect for our Laws, so Nox might be a stretch. Babylon would be risky, but we do have the back cellar in case we need it." He wishes he had the keys to the Moore House, but perhaps that was for the best. He wanted to make sure Mr. Jacobs wasn't some kind of apostate before welcoming him into the Lancea's Domain headquarters. "Could we perhaps set up listeners out of sight while I interview Mr. Jacobs? Maybe via phone or even just in a room or closet out of sight? That way we could respond quickly if things go sour." Why waste their numbers?

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"If he's truly of the Faith, or if he's truly of that particular brand of Faith that wouldn't mind talking to someone of your particular brand of faith looking for him after finding that stuff on the wall and wanting to talk to him ? All we know is he's been exposed to the Testament and that he might think Longinus might have had a point in what he's said to have written. Everything else is fair game, really. I mean, last time the guy saw us, we chased him off a bar roof and tried to catch him. You think you can swallow enough chalk to make him think that plan has changed ? Not that I don't think it couldn't work just wondering why he should trust us." Helen shrugs. "I sure wouldn't." And rightly so, devious bastards being devious was the order of the day, after all. She smirks as Milton brings up the only member of consequence of the Lancea. Would be way more impressive if there was a second member of consequence. Or any second member, really... "He didn't want Max help and he actually has a history with the guy... If Jacobs did the graffiti, he's pretty well advised to stay away from folks like us. If he didn't, he might know who did and whoever that is might want to talk to him before we can. I mean, Max looks like a swell guy, really, but he's no choir boy. We're a ticket out of a sticky situation for him, maybe even the best. Just not necessarily the only one. As long as somebody gets Jacobs out of the area around Babylon and there's no more blood art around that particular block or two, Max wins. Everything else ? No skin off his nose."

She exhales slowly, while thinking.

"Nox is too far out of his territory. The cellar of Babylon ? That place smells like a trap two klicks against the wind, because thats pretty much what it is. Any way this goes, it all comes to his place. We'll have to go there, but then ? We can do some sort of announcement, leave a message or go through the place if we're sure he isn't there and then leave a message. Point is, we set the meeting spot, he probably won't turn up."

At least that's what she'd do in Jacobs situation. What a commodity real trust is among fangers, eh ?

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton nods when Conner seems to warm to his plan. His smile is briefly genuine, but then returns to its typically plastic character.

"Well, why not have us in the room during the interview? I doubt our friend knows much about the members of Sacramento's Church. Perhaps you could introduce us as fellow congregants? There to assist, of course." Milton wants to keep himself in the room. That much is obvious.

The Lord studies Helen as she dissects the issue in front of them. Smart, he thinks. Perhaps a bit too smart. "Well, maybe you were simply trying to catch up with him to share the Good Word? He got the wrong idea and ran. But your intentions were pure: bringing a fellow believer into the fold..." His words are edged with sarcasm. Though the point should stand.

"As for Max," he shrugs. "I really could care less. If he's an asset, then he's an asset. If not, do we really need him?" The answer is obviously no.

Talk turns to the venue: "I agree with Ms. Kingsley on this point. Catching him at home is the best option. Perhaps Pastor Wells leaves a message first, proposing a meeting to discuss the Faith. If he accepts, fantastic. If he does not, then we take more...direct action?"
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

The plot thickens, and Conner likes the flavor of it so far. "At the moment he only knows faces but not names. Plus we know him and his feeding ground are under scrutiny. If I, as head of the Lancea, can offer him a safe place to feed then he'll have to take the bait. He's new and as far as we know without guidance. He'll be frightened and in need of allies." It was a condition Conner was familiar with, given his history with the Embrace. "We can use that fear against him."

"I can prepare the message easily enough and drop it off. Then, if need be, we could case the apartment to ensure he takes the bait." Conner doesn't like the idea of opening up his Haven if its not going to be of use. He looks between his co-conspirators. "All in all, I'd say we have a good shot at this. I'm game if you are. Though I may have another contact to reach out to for assistance to round out our numbers and talents."

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Assist... Three on one. Somebody's seriously cut down on the Mafia flicks too early...

Helen tries to picture Milton as a congregant for a little bit. It's an interesting mix of funny and scary for the short time it lasts and way above whats needed here, anyway. "You think combining the best of both worlds, ambulance chasers and Jehovah's Witnesses, will endear us to him more ? Well, it is a fresh approach."

She doesn't make too much of an effort to hide that she#s not totally serious when suggesting that. She doesn't comment on Miltons question about Max. She feels she's made her point. Not that she doesn't get where Conner comes from, but thinking that way, while silently and not-so-silently encouraged by all sorts of folks, only applies on certain conditions, not all of which she thinks Jacobs meets. Or Conner is yet another shepherd who smudges the line of how things are and how things should be without noticing it sometimes. For her its simple: You're alone and have no allies ? Rule number one: Fucking trust nobody. Especially not the friendly ones. Sure it fucks you up once you get into some group game, but as long as you're alone, it keeps you afloat. Has worked wonders for her.

Still does.

The way she looks at Conner as he gives his opinion on what Jacobs will have to do and how he will feel are mirrored by the way she sits at the table with her arms in front of her chest. She disagrees. Maybe not with everything, but at least parts of it. But, again, she feels she's made the point and is happy to go see how that works out.

"Sounds about right. Drop the message, keep an eye on the place, see what happens."

The question comes a little pause later, almost as an afterthought.

"Who are you thinking of there, then ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton nods at Conner's assessment. It seems a safe assumption. A place to start at least; an angle of approach.

Helen's skepticism is noted. He understands the impulse. Her sarcasm however... The corners of the Lord's mouth turn down, ever so slightly, at the 'joke.' The barest hint of a frown. And then his expression returns to a studious neutrality.

"We are not looking to endear him to us, Ms. Kingsley. Only get him into a room. The promise of an easier...existence might prove too alluring for him to stay away."

One way or another, they have agreed in the end. Which is all that matters.

A glance between his two co-conspirators. Milton has his own ideas concerning who might prove valuable in terms of their mission. "I have thoughts on that score as well. But, please proceed Pastor." Milton finds himself curious to hear Conner's proposition.

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

As much as Conner is enjoying the repartee between Helen and Milton, he understands they have no need to draw it out. They all had a goal in mind, after all. "All good things come to those who ask, after all. Mr Jacobs is in need of more allies than enemies. And if he thinks he can talk his way into our good graces, so much the better. He might even be right." Conner shrugs, allowing for a hopeful possibility.

"I was thinking of calling Priscus Durant for assistance. He expertise in Auspex would be a valuable resource both for countering his Obfuscation and for tracking him down if necessary. She can also assist with negotiations while Helen and I provide the martial toughness to hopefully keep him from trying his luck." There was also the fact that Quinn was Unaligned. Conner doesn't know Mr. Jacob's understanding of Kindred politics, but if nothing else Quinn would present a neutral influence if there were any groups present that he took offense too. He looks between the two other Kindred to gauge their reactions, eager to see how they would take him invoking his Priscus in this matter.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Us to him, not him to us." She corrects. Helen's not a big fan of playing the grammar nazi, but here, the difference is important and she's a little curious about it. She'd have expected something like that from Conner perhaps, but not from someone who seems as focused on accuracity as Milton. Ah, well...

Is Jacobs in need of allies ? Probably. Does he see it that way and wants into their good graces ? She's not too sure about that.

"If he thinks that way, that is."

Prsicus Durant ? That name leads to only a short amount of surprise and might make for some interesting shenanigans.

"She'll also come with more scrutiny and getting a domain official involved means we get a hierarchy in this outfit, no matter how bad or nice she'll be about it."

Not a deal-breaker in itself, but in her opinion, it's something to be aware of. Helen sort of doesn't mind they can bounce stuff around as somewhat equals in here.

"Who do you have in mind ?" she asks Milton. She has wondered about who she'd include, but so far, she's waiting for who the other guys would want to bring in first.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Thank you," he turns his unblinking eyes on Helen, "for the correction, Ms. Kingsley." Adding her, mentally, to the list.

"Let us hope he does think that way. If not, another approach will be needed." But why was the Haunt so hell-bent on questioning the plan every step of the way? It's not as if she's suggested any alternative of substance thus far.

"I would be perfectly happy if we decided to approach Reeve Durant concerning this...investigation," he says with a smile and a glance at Helen. "I have no issues with her involvement whatsoever." Eyes back to Conner. "However, if she should prove otherwise engaged, I would suggest my newly arrived cousin, Alder Soldier Robert Quartermain. He is fresh to the domain and eager to provide service."

He returns his gaze to Helen, wondering if she might have anything of use​ to add.

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

"At any rate, I think Max could make a good long-term connection as a Kindred with ears to the ground in a high-traffic area in the city. He could pick things up that some of us might miss." Clear subtext being 'we tend to hang out in the richer areas'. He didn't see someone like Milton willingly browsing the industrial district for the goings on.

Issues? Conner keeps his face fairly neutral but there's a rumble in his soul at Milton's wording, if not his tone. Upstart pencil-pusher should know his place! Let him embarrass himself; what better way to thwart the Devil than to laugh at him? Martin Luther paraphrase aside, Conner was glad his suggestion was taken somewhat well. It meant the other Kindred were beginning to trust him and his ideas. "Sounds like he would be useful if we needed more power. Do you know his fighting style by chance?" He knew Helen carried, and Conner himself specialized in melee weapons over firearms by choice. Knowing Quartermain's style would be useful in figuring out positioning in the field. "We know Mr. Jacobs carries a pistol, but I'd guess he's not proficient beyond using it to intimidate." He hadn't stopped to shoot at Helen and Conner before. Though maybe that was to avoid making too much noise.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread