Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was very excited to have guests. She was looking forward to seeing Quinn again. And she really was happy to get to know more about Bellemy.

She waited on the porch in one of her chairs with her feet up on the railing. She was wearing jeans and a cute yellow top.

Her driveway was a long dirt road lined with blue solar twinkle lights that her old friend Rebecca had bought her. The driveway opened into a court yard of sorts. To the left was the gazebo still lit in white christmas lights. the forest was behind the gazebo. next was the path that lead around the flower garden walk. This looped behind the horse stalls with a fenced in area behind for them to graze. Next to the stalls were the green houses then the chicken coop. in front of her tiny home was a rock garden that she changed up whenever possible. Right now it had a display in pinks whites and reds for valentines day.

Mable sat quietly while she waited.

2. Likes pisces, liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn was running a little late this evening. After all, she had no intentions of showing up empty handed so to speak when someone was hosting. She was raised better than that. Of course, it had to fit in her saddlebags, but luckily Quinn's tutelage under the First Estate taught her how to find the perfect gift no matter ones circumstances.

The sound of Quinn's Harley Davidson motorcycle proceeded the shadow. It was noisy as all get out, but the saddlebags were the locking kind. Her helmets were equipped with noise canceling and a radio system so if she had a partner on it, they could talk even while going down the road. Of course, Quinn hadn't had anyone who liked to ride other than Dirt Nap. That was one memory the shadow would rather not stir, and yet here she was. Already. Quinn was dressed as casually as she got with a pair of form fitting blue jeans, some cowboy boots, and a burnt orange silk long sleeve blouse. She left her leather jacket and helmet on the bike.

Quinn spied Mable on the porch and grinned. "Hello Ms. Wood! So glad to finally be here! We've only been planning this for like six months now?" Quinn said with a slight laugh. "I have something for you. I hope you like it..." She came to Mable with an elegantly wrapped box. About as long as a box traditionally would be for a necklace, but a bit wider. Curious even. Opening it revealed the gift.

Sorry for the delay guys!

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled when she heard the motorcycle coming up the drive. Her good friend, Dirt Nap, used to ride. She sighed but stood up as Quinn dismounted the cycle. "Please call me Mable, Reeve umm Priscus ummm What do you prefer?"

"For me?" She asked. Awww. Quinn was so sweet and just like Mable, she liked to bring gifts when visiting. She accepted the box and then opened it. Her eyes went from the box to Quinn and back again. "It's...it's so pretty. Can you help me put it on?"

5. Likes pisces liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Not knowing what to expect of the farm. Bellemy came dressed in black hiking gear. Cargo pants and a sturdy canvas top, simple yet effective. Assuming the farm would be secluded the haunt left off the traditional face covering allowing the curse exposed to all. Bellemy followed the directions and arrived behind the others choosing to walk in from a distance to ensure the secrecy of the location. Upon arrival the haunt bowed formally to Quinn "Priscus" Then to Mable "Hierophant" the haunt offered what passed for a smile. "Thank you both for this opportunity"

Curse: See Minisheet

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn chuckled softly at Mable's question. Quinn had had to think about that herself actually. Which made it all the more hilarious to the Shadow. She nodded emphatically, tilting her face to the side a quick moment with a comical expression.

"It's okay. I know titles and prestation aren't really your thing. Sooo, if you were introducing me formally in court to someone, you would say "I am pleased to introduce Quinn Durant, Priscus of Mehket, Reeve of Sacramento. In other situations that are not formal, you can simply refer to me as Reeve Durant, as a Domain title supersedes my Priscus title." Quinn made a slight face, like 'whew that was a lot of explanation' and the expression cleared. "For tonight, how about you just call me Quinn. If that's alright?"

Quinn helped Mable with the gift. "See the trick is it attaches to your ear like this, snapping in place from behind...then it has the two tiny combs at the top that simple tuck back into your hair...like that.." She described as she helped put it on Mable. Quinn stepped back and looked at it in Mable's hair and grinned. "I knew you could do this piece justice..."

And she turned as Bellemy was walking up, and she smiled to her, suppressing the shudder that tried to crawl its way up her spine. "Thank you for accepting Ms. Bellemy. Please, call me Quinn here if you will. It is just the three of us, so I see no harm in letting some formalities fall away. I have been looking forward to this for some time. I am glad you chose us to spend an evening with."

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave Quinn a grateful look, "Thank you for the explanation, Quinn. It helps. I try..." she just shakes her head. "But I see us all as equals so it's difficult at times for me, especially when I am distracted."

They get the piece attached. "Oh, I feel so regal and pretty. Thank you it is just perfect. And you are wonderful." She gives Quinn a smile and wonders if a hug would be ok, "Do you mind if I hug you?" If Quinn says yes, Mable will give her a big thank you hug.

The she sees Bellemy arriving. "Good evening, welcome to the farm. Would you like to adjourn inside or we could go sit on the back patio."

10. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy noted the fine Jewelry Quinn had affixed to Mable with a look of appreciation. [i]The piece befits a Priestess of the crone. It suites the wholesome woman, a hint of glamour to add a little mystery to this girl next door. Quinn has a remarkable eye for jewelry.

The creature rummages in a pocket and removes a small box. The haunt removes the lid and offers it to Mable "Hierophant, Please accept this guest gift as a small token of my appreciation of the crone and your hospitality." inside the box is what appears to be a pine cone. "This is a seedling from the Bristlecone Pine, Methuselah, in the Inyo National Forest."

Methuselah

Turning to Quinn the haunt fished another box out of a side pocket and handed it to the woman. Inside was a small piece of plastic roughly in the shape of a tear drop with the word Fender emblazoned across it.. "And for you, ah, Quinn a small token of my esteem. A guitar pick once used by the guitarist Jimi Hendrix at the 1968 Boston Garden."

Guitar Pick

The creature turned as Mable spoke. "As you will Heirophant, I will follow where suits you."

12. Likes , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn grinned ever so slightly at Mable's assessment of they were all equal. They were shades of truth, but shades of false in this as well. Quinn contemplated for a few moments as she watched Mable. A thoughtful expression peeking through the usual Kindred mask she wore in court. "We all are Kindred, that's true. Equality is one thing that doesn't exist in our society however. Even the beast doesn't view others as equal. The predator inside of us shrinks and rages forward accordingly." Quinn responded carefully, not wanting to step on the Gangrel's toes, but she didn't agree and wouldn't be duplicitous and agree for agreements sake. Quinn was not like that. Or at least, she chose not to be that way most of the time.

She smiled to Bellemy and took the gift with a lift of her eyebrows. Now that was one hell of a gift. Such treasures were generally auctioned by impatient or greedy Kine. In the hands of the Kindred, they could damn near last forever. Fitting for an iconic legend like Jimi Hendrix. The value of the gift was not lost on Quinn. "Oh wow...Bellemy! This is incredible! Jimi is iconic!" She let the joy of the gift show on her face, and yes, she was frankly impressed. It was hard not to be.

And then her gaze panned back to their Host. "Either is fine for me. I agree with Bellemy. I will bow to your assessment."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable held the pinecone as if it were the best treasure in the world. "Oh. This is wonderful Bellemy. Thank you so much." She gently placed it in a bowl. "I will plant this somewhere special."

"Please sit be comfortable."
    Mable gestured to the livingroom seating area.

"Mm. You are correct. Equality doesn't exist in any society. Not really. It's always a power and control struggle. I mean even me. I purposely have not practiced hiding the beast as many others do because I do like knowing I have some strength and power. To be honest, it is more to do with my feeling of powerlessness most of the time." She shakes her head.

"I know, the whole never let people know your weakness stuff."

"Anyway, how are you both this evening? Is there anything I can help you with? Or is this a purely social visit?"

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy remained reserved as the women complimented the gifts. The haunt did try to take great care in the selection of each item. It was more about sentiment then value for what did wealth mean to the immortal?

The creature followed where the others lead and when it was appropriate took a seat as directed. Bellemy was quiet and attentive as the two woman held their conversation. Quinn offered a glimpse into how she perceived the danse and Mable replied with very forward and potentially vulnerable insight into her experiences.

Only when Mable asked a direct question did Bellemy stir to answer. "For myself it is social. Uh, Quinn was gracious enough to extend me an invitation and I could not pass on the opportunity to see this wonderful place. Also as I have been in the city near a year and had never found the time to get to know you I thought this may be a good start."

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread