Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Those Cast Aside) Electric Boogaloo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(Those Cast Aside) Getting Air
Apr 7, 2022 - Jun 18, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"I'll do what I do to keep the Freehold protected", she looks at him, her expression serious, finally reminding him of the Difference between their mantles, and how hers demanded respect. "And knowing how Anne behaves, stop assuming those two are potential friends of ours. Without the means to verify, it might as well be one of Anne's elaborate ruses. This is why I suggested prodding their dreams", she looks back at Circe,
    "Apparently they've been tortured. The girl underwent a procedure the purpose of which is still unclear to me. It could be an experiment, she could have been poisoned, infected with a strange disease, or just loaded with explosives for the matter. Anne is crazy, we all know it. And whoever trusted her enough to pledge loyalty or trust her - like these two - is even more dangerous"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

2. Likes , Origins, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Sometimes the things that left Circe's mouth really didn't make any sense to Gerrit. This was one of those times. But at least she seemed to grasp the gravity of the situation. Then Cassandra filled them in on the details and provided much needed hints on how to deal with trauma victims. Gerrit gave her a thankful look and the twitch of a smile.

Titania, on the other hand, didn't seem to think her actions were wrong. "It's not about them being friends or no - it's about basic human decency. Even our enemies deserve not to be taunted. Much less people who could help us. I'm not saying we should blindly believe everything they have to say, but if your mindset boils down to 'make fun of them and leave to do something else' then maybe you shouldn't be here." Gerrit stopped himself and took a deep breath, balled his hands into fists and let the stings of pain distract himself from the anger that has been rising again. There were other ways to prod people's dreams, so her presence wasn't required.

But it was not Gerrit's call. "Anyway. I'm as ready as I could be. Any other questions?"

4. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was familiar with Buttercup from prior descriptions. Oliver seemed to have a fair description as well, she nods as Cassandra describes them. Books wasn't a topic she often brought up anyway, so no danger there. Circe nods, "I'm personally familiar with being given pointless tasks fer the sake of someone being a massive asshole," she exits retail mode as her Mantle goes full blast. Then she reals it in with an intake of breath, held, and exhale.

When did Cire take up meditation? Actually, it was a sniper technique she read about.

Circe nods at Titania's paranoia. A valid argument and far smarter than she'd expect from Titania's past actions. Though she felt the need to correct her on one thing, "T? I once swore loyalty ta Anne," which was true given the Anne's tactics, "The bitch is crazy, evil, and heartless but smart at forcing folks inta oaths ta her service. My Rogue's Gallery was probably her first big failure. I can guarantee we had zero trust in that, well, I'd call her a bitch but I like dogs."

The Gerrit brings up diplomacy and tac. "True Gerrit," she nods in agreement with Gerrit then can't help but smirk as she looks at Titania, "Typically, Springs are more diplomatic than Summers," she holds up her free hand for a high five from Titania, "Props on us for breaking stereotypes! Oh," Circe smiles, "And I'm totally biased as if I'd actually got the RPG, I'd have used that on Anne before leaving the Bay. National Guard response be damned."

However Titania reacts to the offer of high-five, Circe well finish with, "If they are plants, well, I'm pretty good bait for Anne's ego."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

The door in front of them, ready to be opened, if the Lost have no more information they want to share between themselves without an audience, it was now time to enter and face their....guests.

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"I believe you're talking too much, and that you have no right to dictate who gets to ask what and how. I'm the most qualified healer of this Freehold, if there's someone who should be here, that one is me", she states coldly to the Ogre. She's gone against one of the Gentry to protect the Freehold. She's brought Anatole from near death. And what has he done other than run his mouth off?
    Enough exposure to the smurfette has taught her to not shy away from a high-five, one she eagerly reciprocates.
    "Which kind of Oath do you think Anne would have bound them with? Let's say she wanted to cause us maximum damage", she asks Circe.
    Fame ● (Social Media)

9. Likes Origins liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"We'll all do what we do to keep the Freehold protected." There is a terseness to her own tone then. When did she grow to dislike Titania? There was a good while there that Cassandra thought they could have been friends. The questionable morals she's been showing throughout this situation worries her. That Spring flare of Ellie's mantle and her words towards her motley mate made her... angry.

"Titania, I don't know what's gotten into you, but you need to put away your belief that you are better than everyone else here and prepare yourself to be humane and cooperative. Or you might as well leave." She doesn't know who she is for a moment. The normally quieter Fairest lets out a sigh, "Gerrit and I have been here since the beginning. You may be a healer, but we are better acquainted with this situation than you are and have experienced the Hollow itself. I've seen Anne now with my own eyes due to working with the equipment I brought back. We need to focus on making allies that can help us get to her, not turning them against us. Which, with your attitude right now is gonna end up with that result." She keeps her voice hushed.

There is a bitter wind coming from the Winter, but of course, it is swallowed by the strong Summer and Spring mantles. "We need to work together as a unified force, whatever we do." Prismatic colors swirl upon the Polychromatic's skin, hinting at the tempered anger within. She takes a deep breath and lets it out.

11. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Blue skin welcomes the strike against it from the hand orbited by stars. "Though ya should listen ta Cass. Ann makes enemies like cities breed rats. Only her attack brute was loyal ta her and Anatole killed that fucker. Plus, I recall a proverb I heard from a Vory associate," the Summer Queen sips her coffee, "The bear that sees the trap, is never caught."

As for the manipulative Pledges go, she had some memories.

"Tasks that are lopsided based on the saying, don't need ta negotiate when ya got 'em by the short hairs." Circe tells Titania, "Usually with piss poor easy endeavors on her own part like room and board, sanctuary, or shit that sounds good but with a lot of loopholes ta get her out of it but you stuck." Circe does recall a few things, "I do remember the hag used ta use a forbiddance as a standard years ago. Some vain shit about not insulting the hag," that was pathetic and childish but the Summer Queen put naught past the vile Anne. Oh, her Mantle was up again. She tapped it back down. Personal experience with the backlash of breaking that Pledge did the Larcenist have. Repeatedly. "But that was for short pledges, flaunting the hag's crown in the Bay."

She sips her coffee with a hum of thought. What else had that hag queen done in the past?

3 suxx to remember other details
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

13. Likes liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She rolls her eyes, doing her best to ignore the Winters obivious inferiority complex or the illogicality of thinking that operating the equipment makes them somewhat privy to their hostages - because that's exactly what they were dealing with - inner world.
    The Lie people tell themselves.

Circe proves herself to be the one worth listening to.
    "You know, it always striked me how Anne could be childish and frivolous and at the same time be a master schemer", she tells Circe, "like a split personality", she fold her arms.
    "Abandoning the girl after the experiment could imply a failure on her part. Or the opposite, like a Trojan Horse"

My apologies for skipping Gerrit Aeolus but I might not have time tomorrow, so posting it now
    Fame ● (Social Media)

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Did it surprise him that the two Fairests exchanged a high-five for being cruel and missing the point? Not really, but Gerrit was disappointed anyway. At least Cassandra spoke up - Gerrit shot her a thankful smile that spoke volumes - and got promptly ignored by Titania. Which made sense: the Telluric could barely dismantle strawmen-arguments, why would she listen to facts?

Well, looked like they were about as ready as they would ever be. The Ogre sighed and moved towards the door. "I think we should get going." He hesitated for a second before addressing Cassandra again. "The day isn't growing any longer." There had been a time where Gerrit thought the Mourning Cant was not necessary in this friendly Freehold. Now he was glad that he could vent his frustration slightly to his friend.

0 Scenes

Circe thinks back, mind tumbling over what she's remember about Queen Anne, she trades and barters for what she doesn't have, threatens and manipulates when the former doesn't work, makes Pledges as easily as she breathes and -
    - it came to her abruptly.

Anne never suffered a broken Pledge, even the ones, especially the ones Circe knew for a fact the Autumn had Broken herself.

We ready to go into the meeting room?

17. Likes Aeolus, Origins liked this post
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread