Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Those Cast Aside) Electric Boogaloo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(Those Cast Aside) Getting Air
Apr 7, 2022 - Jun 18, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit waited paitently as realization hit Buttercup. He knew that people needed their space when hearing such news and that theoretical knowledge was proven correct when he went through.. some issues himself. He gave Cassandra a quick glance. He couldn't deny that there was a part of him that liked that this might have been what would ensure Buttercup's help - and the part that objected to those thoughts seemed less loud than it used to be.

He waited another tactful beat after the Wizened's response and carried on with a soft and even voice. "I understand and I think I can guarantee you that, even if you're not Pledging loyalty to this Freehold, we will still offer you help if you need it." Until she acted out, that is. "About the other thing: is there any way you could help us right now? Do you know anything that might give us an edge?"

2. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods, "Completely understandable. Just wanted you to know the option is there." She'd never think to force a Freehold Oath, though maybe a version of her past self might have considered it. Her heart beats just a little more quickly in her chest, feeling that anxiety of overstepping, even though she knows she hasn't. Still, Buttercup is willing to swear against Anne. This is good. This will help. She can only hope Circe and Titania have managed to help Oliver come to the same conclusion that helping them against Anne will be best. There is a large part of her that doubts it, however. Oliver is going to have a long way to go before he is ready, she imagines.

Gerrit has a good lead on this and for some reason she feels passive. Then again, this is similar to the question she asked earlier, but more open. "Anything you have might be able to help, even if it seems insignificant."

0 Scenes

Buttercup takes a moment. Then another, staring at her drink and taking a few sips, before sighing.

"My. Sis-ter. Red-Blossom was stationed at the. Orchard. Un-der the Iron. Meg. And. Blue-Bubbles. Is. With. Anne. al-ways. I was loose. Set to tra-vel. Be-tween. Locations. So that Anne. And Meg. Could keep in ea-sy con. Tact. Bet-ween. Outposts. I thought. It was. A. Mis-take. On Anne's part. It. Was. Not. I thought I could. Escape. But. It was. A. Test. When I. Made. My move.....I was. Put in. The. Chair.

"The. Iron Meg is. Dead. The. Orchard. Is ruined. On-ly used. Because of the. Doors.

"The. Doors lead to. many places. But. That. Is more for. Short-cuts. Then more out. Posts.

"I know. The Doors. Lead too. The warehouse. Anne keeps. Medical. And her other Fetch-mak-ing. Supplies there.

"From. The warehouse. There should be another. Door to. Anne's workshop. Or. Her Fetch. Stable.

"Most. Of her. Solders are those she's. Tricked into. Oaths. Or her own....creations."

She falls silent once more. Before taking a breath, "and. She has. Some-thing. That. Let's. Her get out. Of. Pledges. No. The pledge holds. But she. Dosent face the consequence for. Breaking it."

5. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit listened to Buttercup in respectful silence. Once again it was Sorrow that led to healing, led them a few precious steps closer to safety. It was a shame that it cost the life of another Lost to get here, that Buttercup and her sisters had to endure so much pain and torture for the Freehold to get those pieces of information.. but the pain had been endured and so they could move on.

"Thank you. Again: I am sorry for your loss and please believe me when I say we will do everything we can to put a stop to her." Did the Wizened care, though? Did this promise offer any solace, any satisfaction for a sister lost? "I hope you find the freedom you deserve. If you ever need protection because you think Anne's men are onto you, please know that you can always find it here."

He glanced at Cassandra. They knew the warehouse Buttercup was talking about. They had its address on this side of the Hedge too - apparently it was a vital point in Anne's infrastructure. They also learned that the ones fighting for her are doing so because they were tricked, forced. And that the disgraced Queen might have who-knew how many tricks up her sleeve from broken Pledges. "Do you think we need anything else from Buttercup?"

7. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

So with Cassandra on hiatus for now should we wrap this up?

9. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

Words were exchanged, and as the Winters noted, the Summer leaning Wizend, was covered in a faux mantle of Sorrow, Eyes glittering as a pitchy whining sound escaped Buttercup's plastic cassing. She paused at the door, before reaching out to write something down.

"My. Exten-tion. If we. Are both. In, The Hedge. You. Can, reach me." she looks at the Winters. Before nodding once more and leaving them, and Funderland behind.

...at least. For now.

End Scene!

11. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread