Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Unless," she chuckles, "It isn't the final act of a B-monster movie. Then its a blow out."

Circe gives him a grateful smile. The talk does help draw down her Mantle, "Thanks bro."

"Oh ho ho ho!" the laughter at his question of mortal laugh starts raucous, before turning bitter. "I'd need ta shave off a lot of flesh, remove some bones too, ta pretend ta be my fetch," Circe assures Worm. "Plus, I'd be competing with the Feds and at least the Yakuza fer killing it." The Summer Queen considered herself an annoying bitch, but her Fetch had irked more people more severely than had she.

As for working the normal side of the street, "Dude, no! Do ya have any idea how easy it is ta get guns across borders using the Hedge? Plus, I got ta shoot an RPG Thorn side and no fed SWAT showed up. Okay," Colonel Worm will note Circe doing a full body shudder as she freed a leather bomber style jacket from the pile, "Not ocean smuggling. Here there be giant monsters be VERY true Thorn side. Way safer ta do that Iron Side."

Circe was a career criminal, through and through. If she ever did try to go legit, it'd be to become queen of the grey market or something like that. Liking going from working on roller coasters to the kiddie rides, amusing in a way but not as fulfilling. Plus she was very much a gunbunny. "About the only advantage," she pulls out the pirate coat, "That legit would give me is the ability ta own a minigun in the states. But," she next pulls out the leaf jacket, "I'd need ta be Bruce Wayne rich ta make shooting it affordable."

She pauses to lean forward to examine the sword. "Hmm?" Circe's ears twitch as she observes the blade held by Colonel Worm. "When did I make that?" Brown gloves rub a blue chin. "Oh!" Her expression demanded a lightbulb above her head, "Spider market! I spun that ta trade. Doesn't do anything special, it is just a sword. Sure," she waves towards the edge fo the Hollow, "Trim train all ya want bro."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Circe laughs and Worm laughs with her. Fuck fetches. Fuck the Feds. Fuck the Yakuza, while we're at it. Settling down, he arches a brow: "Bad bitch, huh?" He can't decide whether Circe's description of the thing means it's already dead. Or just anorexic.

She denies any desire to walk the straight and narrow and the Goblin nods. "That's what I thought. Me too. Obviously. Don't think I could do it if I wanted to. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't--what's it called?--an anomaly or whatever." Not in that matter at least. "I don't know. Good for him, I guess? But all that lying? Seems like a shit way to live. And, like I said, duty and all that. I try not to judge, but it's hard sometimes."

He gives Circe an appreciative smile when she grants permission to try out the weapon. Stands with the sword, moves away to provide himself some space. Immediately falls into stance, feels his mind empty out. There's only the sword, his hand, his arm. All one thing.

Runs through a series of patterned thrusts.

Try out the Sword, 1 success

Frowns. Returns to a neutral Stance. Again.

Try out the Sword again, 2 successes

This time he looks a little more satisfied. Walks over to the stabby pile and sets the sword down gently atop it.

"Very nice, boss," he says to Circe. Moving back over to the sorting pile. Begins to dig out more stuff. He chuckles when he finds more duct tape.

"So we're down one. That makes two. Mind if I ask what you're thinking for the Summer Court in the new year? Any plans? Priorities? Anything ol' Worm should be focusing on?" Aside from the obvious.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Colonel Worm's choice of description gets an amused snort from Circe.

"Right? Totally ain't hip ta be square," she backslides to the slang from before Arcadia, "And being a little Wyrd is good fer a 'ling dude," she winks at him with the pun. Colonel Worm does get a brief confused look from Circe before she realizes what he means. He isn't taking the Bruce Wayne analogy and lying with duty. He meant Ram. Yeah, that made more sense. Mostly because the counter argument to nay saying Batman was because he is Batman.

She gives him plenty of room, kicking out a cardboard box of what sounds like scrap metal or nails as she does so, to let him do his swording. "So ya do swording? Didn't know ya swung that way," eyebrow and ear waggle from the elfin Fairest. As for the compliment on the blade, "Thank you. The cooler effects and powers ain't something I can just spin inta them. It needs, well, something more ta it. Fangs, crab claws, venom sacks, or elemental shit like rock fire ta make the weapons better. Of course," she smirks as she pulls out a crowbar, "Ya'd have a hard time walking around with a sword anyway Iron Side," and then a machete with a handle.

She nods at the mention of being down one, picking out some boxes that she examines as she mulls over his question. Looks like leather, twine, and is that silk? Nice! As for foci, well she had one. "We have an asshole from the Bay in town. Goes by Queen Ann, and yes," her smile is evil, "We are having our revenge upon that fetch making bitch. Her enforcer dead, base blown up, and fronts shattered. Other concerns have kept me from additional fights, but if ya find yerself going against her or her forces and need anything? Just ask."

There is no hiding the hate in her voice when she speaks of Queen Ann.

It looks like most of the rest is building materials...uh oh. Moving a tarp aside, Circe pulls out a double-barreled shotgun. Oh, that is where that went. Circe blushes purple as her ears droop at the failure of gun storage. "KATN in general of course too, ha ha. We're Summer. I am thinking of saying cazzo ta armor making fer now and just seeing about imitating Ram's fashion sense," she checks the shotgun, barrel pointed away from them both as she opens the breach.

Empty. Good. "Riot armor. Until I can scrounge up the good shit fer making something powerful. Or maybe just a swat vest, I'd ta fashion a tactical outfit from," Circe puffs up in pride, "A positively dreamy yellow dress, knife, rifle, and functional aramid accessories." Circe was always of a dodge instead of block mentality.

As far as she knew, riot cops meant mosh pit with the screaming mob. She'd never seen the armor up close, in use or otherwise. Circe would rather not get hit but that was her. The shed is almost cleared out.

What's left
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

A baseball bat gets tossed in the 'other' pile. Another bat follows soon thereafter. Football shoulder pads land on top of those. A Hatchet's edge is tested with a red thumb and then gets designated 'stabby.' Two knives clatter atop that. Worm stops what he's doing to admire a sledgehammer he's just uncovered. Gotta love a sledge.

"Oh yeah: swording, knifing, anything with a blade-ing. Before my trip through the garden, I was your Army-of-One variety grunt. Soldiering means guns, right? Only knife I worked with consistently was a machete, to clear the shit." He lets the sledgehammer tip out of his hands onto the 'other' pile. "But, over there they did something..." he holds those hands out, palms facing Circe. She can see a tracery of scars, thin but apparent, across the red flesh there. The incisions had obviously been deep. Their pattern is precise, but non-repeating. "...to my hands. And after that, I don't feel right without a blade. Also, I had plenty of practice..." Years and years. He trails off, looking a little dazed. Hands still up. A touch of the ol' PTSD. But, who among them and all that?

Finally, he drops his hands and shakes his head, chuckling. Eyes clearing. "Sorry 'bout that. Still fucks with the old noodle when you start thinking on it."

He pulls out a pack of cigarettes and a Juul. One in each hand. "You mind if I smoke? Or should I vape?" Suddenly, he needs it.

"You mentioned Ann," Worm says. "Sounds like a real piece of shit. If she's still out there, I figure I'll run up against her, or whoever's working for her, soon enough. You'll be my first call." He says this last bit with a savage smile. Circe and Worm have yet to get into a scrap with hostiles. He can't help but look forward to that day.

Kick ass and take names. "You got it, boss. The swat-vest-dreamy-yellow-dress combo has my vote. If that counts for anything." Wink.

"So, what about recruiting? I know we both saw that heat in R'lyeh over at Ro's the other night. She seems small...but I think she's fucking pissed on the inside. And I'm pretty sure she hasn't been drafted by another team as of yet." As always, the Goblin doesn't choose tact, simply says what's on his mind. He gives Circe a curious look, wondering what she thinks about it.

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe pulls out the last jacket, with a box of model rockets falling out of it. They get tossed into their piles, as the stick and branches is pulled out. Her ears are twisted towards Colonel Worm, showing she is listening. Then the scars and trailing off. Did she have smelling salts or, no wait. He's back.

"Eh," was her response to his zoning out, "I get it. Why do ya think I almost never shut the cazzo up? Did that enough back in the fey shit hole." As for his request to smoke, well it wasn't like Summers had a long lifespan. So, she motions for Colonel Worm to go ahead. Then realizes that branches are actually the ghillie cloak she slept, erm, totally surprised everybody at a party with.

"Good," is her firm answer to Worm's agreement. All that remains now is the umpire chest pad, which when removed reveals, "Oh shit! I still have some of the suit fluid? Neat!" And observes the piles, "Well, I got a lot of shit. And Imma figure out how ta make that dress armor from my dreams, it just looked fun. Ya want the sword?"

"Hmm," she hums in thought as R'lyeh is brought up. That was an option. Circe rubs her chin as she heads for the stew pot, twirling the very crude Hedge club. "Why not?! Naught ventured, naught gained. Plus," Circe tosses the ugly stick into the fire, "We offer great benefits. Ready access ta Hedgespun and firearms. And a free business suit with membership," she smirks, "I like my tailor. Plus implications from suits."

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm gives her a thankful smile, pulls a cigarette from the pack, pats down his pockets. Locates his lighter. By the time the thing is lit, he's right as rain. Happily puffing away. One thing you need to survive in this world, especially when you're Lost? A short memory. Or a completely fucked one.

Her offer of the sword is a surprise, but Worm's not one to turn down free weaponry. "Hell yeah, I want it! Holy shit, thank you, boss!" The Colonel pops up and withdraws the sword from the stabby pile, carefully, respectfully. Holds it up to inspect it again, cigarette wedged between his lips. Grunts his approval and then sets it down near the door. That way he doesn't forget. "So how do you do that anyway? Forge that shit? Like, what's the process?" She'd mentioned exotic ingredients, but Worm is just as interested in the mechanics of making something like that blade.

She's onboard with the recruitment drive. "All right!" Clapping his hands together. "Let's get down to business. I'm gonna see if she wants to grab like lunch or dinner or something, my treat. And then I'll make the pitch. No fuss, no muss. All charm." He gives Circe his most winning grin. And then blows a cloud of smoke.

"How 'bout some grub?" Eyeing the spam-stew again. "And maybe we can talk about what's up with our Hollow now that Ram's gone?" It'd been his idea from the start. But now the Ogre's skipped town. "Unless you got something else you want to discuss?" Which is fine, so long as he's chewing the spam.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No thanks Colonel," Circe quips to Colonel Worm, "I'd prefer the stew over a Hedge grub. Right here, no hunting needed, less Angry Birds sling shotting at us fer taking their grub."

Circe's tone is faux gravelly as she answers, "Tears, sweat, and someone else's blood." She smirks, "Though Iron Side metal helped with the sword. Not sure if it is more fey or mundane really. Mostly, ya just learn ta weave with the Wyrd," she explains, "Push and pull what is around ta make something. Ya don't need much if ya don't want much," she gets out wooden bowls and spoons, "Some stuff I've made didn't even last a day, but it didn't need ta. I could probably just collect a bunch of leaves and make a scarf in'a couple of hours, but it'd just be a flimsy green scarf. Not even warm."

As for the other options. "For it ta do something, help ya do shit better or be more good at what it does, well," she draws out the last word as Circe looks to her Hedgespun armor. "Ya need to know what yer doing, both magic and creation. Don't mean shit if ya know the mysteries of the universe but can't even make a pokey stick, oh ho ho ho!" She starts serving out with a ladle for the soup to the bowl for Colonel Worm, "That, and I think ya need something thematic ta go with the effect. Hard hide fer armor, sharp teeth fer weapons, Wyrd things for weirder powers," she points at Colonel Worm with the ladle, "Colonel! If ya ever come across frozen fire, steal some."

Ah, the Summer Hollow. Yeah, she'd have to put some energy into that for keeping it in place. She hands him his bowl and spoon, then starts on her own. "Right, joint Hollows, always a PITA." She gets her own bowl readied before moving on to that topic. "I'm gonna hafta probably carve out some bits of it ta re-stabilize the place," she tries the stew. Salty, but expectedly so, "I put up some Wards in it, but Ram was the bigger contributor." She'd her own Hollow and wasn't exactly obsessed with the Summer Hollow. If it was just Circe, it'd probably be no bigger then her own with, well, pretty much nothing aside from the Wards.

Neglient was another word too. "Why? Are ya thinking of saying fuck it?"

Yummy, meaty soup was spooned past blue lips.

ooc: The Sword has nothing special to it, it is simply a standard Longsword that Circe forged for trading purposes that never got traded.

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

The grub joke is almost too much, even for Worm. He laughs a little, shakes his head in something close to disbelief. "Boss, you are something else..." Strong words coming from the Goblin.

Hedge forging sounds...complicated. Worm listens with a look somewhere between impressed and daunted. It's like somebody explaining how to solve a particularly hard math problem. The Colonel can appreciate the skill, but he knows right off that it's not for him.

"Holy shit, that's a lot. How'd you learn all this stuff?" A pause, a nod. "Frozen fire. Check." Stealing a self-contradicting object. Now that's more Worm's speed.

"No, no, not fuck it. Just wanted to know where your head's at. I guess I'm wondering if you have a visions for the place? Right now it's dirt. And Ram's garden, which is just kind of falling apart. I know it'll take a while, but I was thinking we might want to... I don't know... Come up with a plan?" Now there's a novel idea. At least for CW.

Spam, spam, spam. Worm's slurping as he talks. He's not a graceful eater. But his enthusiasm should be taken as a compliment.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes. I am," she keeps the jokes running with Worm, "Most are gloomy when blue." Fortunate for him, his manners are no worse than Circe's. Her hollow is sounding like an old comedy skit with the slurping noises between the two of them.

How did she learn it? Huh? She slurps soup before nodding her head sagely, "Rhodes is very informative," more slurping, "Plus trial and error," she laughs, "Can't do modern guns. Steam engine is probably most advanced option. I think all of us can Hedgespin, but if ya try ta make a sword but don't know how ta forge well," Circe trails off leaving it unsaid.

Triple negative is a negative. And a plan? "I'm more thug than strategist," she slurps soup before waving to the Hollow, "Another Summer offered me their forge after bouncing town and that is how I got this joint. Most of my plans are logistics," the chuckles as she slurps her soup, "But technology logistics. That shit don't work well here unless it is Soviet rifle reliable. Unlike that truck Sera and I wrecked, oh ho ho ho!"

She recalls the adorable hitchhikers they got. As for plans to make it up, well that was a good idea. "So, I didn't really have a plan beyond what does my crew want outta a joint Hollow." She explains to Worm. "Plans ta clear it out include chainsaw, molotov, dynamite, or machete. I know the Wyrd can do it, go all," Circe puts down the soup and puts her hands in the Palpatine unlimted power pose but waggles her fingers, "Fey magic bullshit of the mind. But my way sound more fun. I already use that for the magical barriers," she scowls as she retrieves and goes back to her soup, "Because Wyrd doesn't make autoturrets."

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm's bowl is empty. He sits back, rubbing his belly. Extracts another cigarette and lights it. Looking very pleased, maybe a touch drowsy. He blows out a cloud of smoke.

"Trial and error," he nods his approval. "You see, I like that about you. You're not afraid to try shit out. See what sticks." That's the way to live life, Worm figures. It's not a well-choreographed dance. It's an ongoing experiment.

He smokes and listens as she describes the ins and outs of hedgespinning. Not much to add on that score.

Back to the hollow: "Agreed. First thing's first, we expand the perimeter. Maybe even dig some trenches at the edges." The Goblin always feels better behind trenches. "But then what? Like, I was thinking, maybe we...I don't know. Build something? Like a structure? Something where we can store our shit. And ourselves, if we need to. Something defensible..." It's clear the Colonel's still fuzzy on the plan. But he's got the start of an idea. And that's enough for him.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread