Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx had been impressed by her first sight of Viggo . After Skye (whom she had always struggled to relate to) and the few passers through, this mage seemed like he had experienced a similar training to her and was similarly formal. As the First Talon, it was her responsibility to know the skills of the Arrows under her, so they had arranged to meet up and she could brief him of the Order's role in the local area.

She was stretching in the training room of the Arrow Tower, preparing for Viggo's arrival in her usual training gear thought his time barefoot. She had her knives on her belt. The training room had some mats, punch-bags and pads, all set up and ready.

Soon, the assessment would begin.
    Drakken Viggo
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo arrived at the appointed time for his assessment. He was dressed in a long black coat and a loose fitting black tee shirt tucked into his forest BDUs from his days in the military. Under the coat he had a pistol strapped to his waist on the right, and another strapped to his left leg. A thin piece of iron could be seen peaking out of a modified knife sheath held behind him by his belt.

The Arrow, upon entering the tower, offered a salute to the First Talon. Perhaps not the way one would normally address their superior in the Adamantine Arrow, but some things were difficult to break from a soldier. "First Talon." He said with the salute, holding until told to do otherwise.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx finishes her stretch and rises. The Salute gives her a small smile. "At ease," she says simply. "I hope you have settled in well."

That was the end of the pleasentries - it was more than she used to do. "I thought we would begin with your own breakdown and understanding of your skills, both combat and magical. Then we will take up some sparring so I can see them for myself." Stood barefoot, all 5'3'' of the Arrow had to look up to him a bit. "As I said before, there are only ourselves of the Order here. There city has it's share of unusual activity and I like to make sure we are availble to support the other orders, even if they choose not to take advantage of our skills. As a member of our Order I expect you to keep the same standards we expect of all our members - I will not enoforce any training, but if you wish to join I would be happy to have differing sparring partners."

The First Talon looked up at him, her drak eyes piercing. "Do you have any questions for me at this time?"

5. Likes liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo relaxes at Phoenyx's command. "I've settled well enough, First Talon, thank you."

The Arrow listened as Phoenyx laid out her agenda for the day and her expectations. Finally he speaks. "I have no questions, First Talon. As far as combat skills, I'm far better with firearms than I am with hand-to-hand combat. I was rated Marksman with a rifle, and Sharpshooter with a pistol. I am ambidextrous, which as I'm sure you can tell," he says, gesturing to the placement of both pistols, "works well with my skill with a pistol."

"Magically, I'm still learning. I am a Disciple of Forces, an Adept of Prime, and an Initiate of Matter. Is there anything else you want to know about my capabilities, First Talon?"

7. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Bump Xadun "Bump" this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nodded thoughtfully. "I do not think so. Thank you for being succinct."

She turned and walked back only to mat. "We shall now begin the practical assessment." The First Talon turns around and drops into a defensive stance. "When you are ready, attack."

sorry for the delay. Been a busy week

If you would like to roll the attack - Phoenyx is focusing on defense as per the Kung Fu technique, putting her defense to 8 - it will let me do some roleplay with her assessment of skill even if Viggo's poool is 8 or less.

9. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo watched Phoenyx move into her stance, ready for an attack. She was solid in her form, and Viggo knew he was unlikely to get through, but he had to try. He took the time to remove his boots, not wanting to actually hurt the First Talon on the off chance that he made it though her defenses.

Bringing all of his CQB training to the forefront of his mind, he made his move. He feigned to move to the woman's left side before taking a quick final step in the opposite direction and swinging his leg up for an axe kick.

Dramatic Failure!

11. Likes Xadun, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The First Talon did not fall for the feint, ducking under the axe-kick, catching Viggo's foot and sending him sprawling flat on his back. From stance to floor in three seconds.

She had, however, dropped back into her defensive stance. She was frowning a little. "My apologies," she offered slowly. "That was more aggressive a counter than I intended."

The First Talon took a deep breath. "Let us try that again."

13. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo took a second to collect his breath from landing on his back. The world swam for a moment, but he was pushing himself back up in no time. "Don't worry about it, it was an aggressive attack." He said with a quick smile before getting himself back in to the combat mindset. He figured that big attacks were just asking or trouble, so maybe try wearing her down first.

Closing the distance between the two, Viggo went for a simple punch to try and get through her guard.

failure

Since it apparently hasn't happened in Consilium (or I've missed it) just a small reminder that Viggo still needs to be acknowledged. 10 days left in this scene

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The first Talon watched his stance, assessing. She wove to the side of the attack, lashing back out with a kick of her own.

Phoenyx kept the exercise going for almost half an hour - mostly she defended, watching Viggo's attacks. She was difficult to hit, but blocked his attacks as much as dodged them. It was only towards the end, when she seemed satisfied she had seen all she would, that she began assessing his defenses and retaliating, pressing attacks to test his resilience, his reflexes.

Eventually, she called a halt.

"Good," she said simply. A thin sheen of sweat had started on her brow. "Your core technique is adequate from your description and your training is evident, though as you said, not highly developed. Should you wish to work on this later, we can." She moved over to the wall, picking up her pistol and looking over at the targets on the far wall, chanting slowly in High Speech.

failure

failure

1 success

1 success

Phoenyx winces slightly as the universeresists her attempts to mould it. Still, she had the result desired. "I have created a soundproof zone within the room, to stop the sound passing beyond it. If you have your own weapon, you are free to use it."

She took aim at the target and fired.

failure

She scowls a little as she shoots wide of the target. Dammit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread