Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Two Down to One

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt began unmasking his beast for the social interaction that was upcoming, if they were going to debate on a Kindred matter, they might as well do so with Kindred stressors. Then he realized, The Seneschal had him with his back to the wall. He was right about questioning the size of the establishment and his Herd. He was sure it was large enough for the members he expected, but any surprises and he would be up shit creek without a paddle, as they say.

In response, he bowed to both the Judex and the Seneschal. "I'm sorry to have wasted time for the both of you. I've come to agree with the Seneschal that he should host this time, at least until a point in time when my establishment is larger and my Herd more established; both of which should be handled by the meeting following February's." His attention shifted between the both of them. "If it would please Your Grace and the Seneschal," A shift back to Jack alone. "I would like to offer my Herd as a supplement to The Seneschal's own, if you'll do me the honor of accepting it." A fair deal, to some degree. While the Seneschal would receive most of the Honor as host, there might still be some recognition of Connor's contribution.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist watched the brief exchange from where she was, her pose relaxed despite the intentness of her eyes. Whatever opinions she had on the results itself were hidden behind a smooth face.

As Connor turned to her with an apology, she smiled briefly lifting a hand to wave the words away. "I do not consider my time wasted." And she didn't. Much in fact was gained this evening. And potentially not just by her.

Turning to Jacque, she allowed him to speak on the matter of Connor's offer. It was officially now his party after all.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyebrows lifted as the Haunt did something...unexpected. Instead of answering the question he did a complete one-eighty on his position. A corner of his lips pulled into a grin, "Quite the contrary Mister O'Brien. You've shown there is..." still hope for him yet "...promise in your approach to and timing for such delicate debates. Whatever the voice of reason was you heard that lead to your turnabout, I encourage you to consider its counsel in the future," the Lord raised his thumb and forefinger up to a near pinch, "...if not just a little earlier."

3 successes

Jack listened to the haunts offer and considered the position. The timing and word choice was terrible and it was probably the other, less patient part of his psyche that was pushing for it. The Lord found himself wanting to help give an amplifier to the aforementioned voice of reason, rather than lambaste the thinly veiled effort to still salvage some recognition for himself out of Jack's evening. "A counteroffer, Mister O'brien," he announced to give the haunt a moment to steel himself for the terms. "My herds are quite ample enough to serve the needs of the Unconquered alone, however, given the nature of your business venture and the lineage you boast I am considering offering you the opportunity to host an open bar at the meeting. This will allow you to show with action the good things to come once you are well-established and deemed ready by the Judex to take on the task yourself. You may use your herd to support that endeavor and if your supply falls short of the demand you can supplement with my own."

After a few moments pause Jack looked to Connor squarely and added, "I want to be quite clear: it would be only the present company who know of the goal of this arrangement. The rest of the Invictus need only be impressed upon by the quality of your drink. Your actions, not words, will bring your laurels. Should you fail in this discretion and attempt to shift the focus of the evening to yourself then my displeasure will only be sated by a Major Boon, which you will agree to now."

Jack's counteroffer constitutes a cutting a deal action. This can also be resolved via social combat given that it is between PCs, but I don't think the outcome will be much different either way:
    8 successes

Blood Hunt:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

So the Seneschal offered a second deal. A different deal. It sounded fair enough, but then the other foot dropped. He wasn't to speak of it to anyone else. His eyes darted around the Seneschal's face for a moment, sizing him up for another counter negotiation.

1 success

But deciding otherwise, this was the best deal he would be offered tonight, and even if it wouldn't go beyond the Seneschal and the Judex; Honor is honor. "I'll take that offer, Seneschal, and I thank you for being such a generous host already" His voice came, accentuated with a bow of the head and shoulders. "I'll begin preparation of my finest spirits and have them ready for the night. Do you have any specific requests?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

5. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack was content to nod at the gratitude Connor displayed, "There will be hundreds of Kindred present. If you are to succeed, you'll have a diverse enough selection to please oenophiles, connoisseurs of liquor and vitae alike." His eyes traced over the Haunt's features, "Are you able to deliver on these expectations? That would be my only request."

Blood Hunt:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt pondered thethe final question for a moment before speaking. "The liquor will be no issue, Seneschal. My only concern is with a lack of diversity amongst my own herd. This is not the group I plan to use in my establishment, so they are tailored to my personal tastes." The haunt laced his fingers on his lap, watching the Seneschal for a moment. "Otherwise I have no concerns. Is this agreeable, Seneschal?"
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes watched the exchange. And either the tilt of her head or just years of practice had her thoughts hidden from the two men.

Looking to Jacque she waited to see if he would accept Connor's abilities.

It would be telling. Jacque's number wasn't wrong. You offer a free meal and everyone is interested that day in being Invictus. But he would know that beggars knew better than to be choosers and the variety of tastes that he implied would be needed would be a much smaller number.

Of course, as with everything in their covenant there were layers. Needed maybe not. But that did not mean it wouldn't be seen. Weighed and evaluated.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"My Herd will more than accommodate the diversity that yours may lack," The Lord replied. "As I mentioned earlier, you may use them to supplement as needed."

With the affirmation provided, the Lord looked back to the ever-watchful Judex, "It would seem all is in order. If it pleases Your Grace, I should take my leave."

Good to wrap so we can get this in continuity!

Blood Hunt:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Understood, Seneschal." Connor said with a bow. "I'll see to it that you're not disappointed."

With that said, the Haunt also looked back to the Judex. "With you Grace's permission, I should also take my leave. I have to make amendments to my order before it is finalized."

Also good to wrap up, thanks for the scene!
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

”I thank you both for your time,” Twist says as she rises smoothly from her position. A nod to both gentlemen at their own gestures of respect. ”And I look forward to our next gathering.”

Awesome! Thanks! I’ll close the scene when I’m next on my laptop and not mobile.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread