(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I think I’ve heard the names, but haven’t taken the time to actually read any books by them. I’ll pick some up, thank you.” Who knows, maybe they’d be good reads. And if not? Nothing lost.

“From what was hinted, she gathered inspiration from when The Caldarium was falling apart. The Nosferatu, like other Clans, have a population that is coming and going. The Clan numbers dropped, and she got inspired to paint them as they were. I personally think she did a wonderful job capturing them.”
    Taking a last look at the piece, “I’m afraid she didn’t give me a title for it. I thought perhaps Priscus Hazelton could come up with a fitting name, or the Clan as a whole.” But in her mind, it would always be called, tranquility. A place she had been able to feel at peace and let her guard down.

A chuckle, “Oh, life is never that simple. But I can see how some could be drawn to it. Perhaps it’s like the people that need the tv on to sleep, but reruns of shows they’ve already seen. It calms the brain because it knows the outcome. I’ll confess, I had never given those books much thought, but the way you speak of it makes me curious.” Might pass some time.

A nod, “The sun does put a damper on being able to go out myself.” She jokes with a smirk, “Thankfully, there are web sites where you can order the butterflies. They’re called unmounted, and come carefully packaged. You can also purchase the butterfly eggs and raise them yourself.” A shrug, “I’ve tried it and it’s not really my thing.” It just wasn’t interesting. “Knitting?! I think you’re the first Kindred I’ve met who knits. What a great hobby and I can see how it can be calming. I feel the same about pinning butterflies or cleaning my guns.” Both had a way to sooth her mind. “Having hobbies that allow you to relax are very important.” Especially for the Kindred.

Shaking her head slightly, “No, I’m from Italy, Sicily specifically.” Usually her accent gave it away, but there had been those who couldn’t place it. “Ever had the pleasure of getting to travel overseas?” though pleasure might not be the best word per say.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

Ah, that's why it looked familiar... It cleaned up nicely, though. "Can't argue with that, the atmosphere's been caught well. Things have changed a little, but I guess we'll see hw it goes the next time the cycle goes around." Helen doesn't really see the whole clan come up with a title really. Nor does she think they should. "Well, if it needed a title, she'd given it one. I don't really know if a bit slapped on by others in hindsight would do it justice, really."

"Eh, simple is boring anyway, and while boring isn't too bad at times, without some meaning to it, there's no fun in it." As always, it's down to the mix, if she just wants boring, she can always see to get some fixed blood supply and go to ground for like, a long time. The alternative almost always beats that, though... "Fitting though, most of TV is trash anyway these days." One of the reasons she's cut down on it a lot. Also, she doesn't really need it as much as she used to to boot.

"True, it makes things complicated." Some things that work way better with sunlight around, to be fair. "Raising thionjgs to mount them on the wall is not for everyone, I guess. Especially when other things demand time, too." A throw-away gesture when the Prince addresses the handicrafts. "A leftover from the old days. They tried to sell it to us as one method to practice steady hands, I just found card houses work better for me. Or used to, but the habit is hard to kick. And as you said, it's calming so I guess was never bothered by it enough to get rid of it." That, and the memories she connected with the activity, of course. "Gun cleaning ? You got enough of them to make it a valid hobby or just shoot them enough ?"

Sicily... Thinking about it, that fits. True point, the accent probably is a pointer, but then, with the age issues and all that, how sure could one ever really be ? Asked if she's had the pleasure of overseas travel, she considers for a moment what to answer. Eh, what the hell, she shrugs and continues. "Three times, although none of that was a pleasure cruise really. It netted me a few bragging rights and some fun travel stories, though, so in hindsight, I'm not complaining."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “I’ve heard. It's such a calming place.” She was fond of it.

“That’s what’s lacking in quite a few things these days, meaning. Everyone needs something in their life that gives them meaning.” And that opened the door to many things. “Isn’t that the truth.” She jokes about tv.

“Precisely.” She agrees. “And I have never really had the time for such things.” And it bored her to wait for the butterfly to emerge. “Card house certainly need a high degree of steady hands. I’m afraid I never had the patience for it personally.” A small laugh. “Oh, I’d call it more than a hobby. I’ve used guns as far back as I can remember. I don’t have much use for them now, but I like to keep my skills sharp. You know much about guns?” her question making Ale wonder if Helen was a fellow gun enthusiast.

“Having bragging rights and travel stories makes it sound like a win to me. Where’ve you gotten to visit?”

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

"It's a pretty nice place again, some folks have put real elbow grease into it. You've been to Necropolis before ?" Might as well, she hasn't forgotten the discussion about that sort of stuff she's had with Jennifer way back when. "Things only have as much meaning as we give them and a lot depends on how far we're willing to get invested." In her opinion anyway.

"It's not much to miss out on, although it's a pretty neat party trick as long as folks around are sober enough. If they're not, anything goes and that stuff won't stand long." Or a lot of the other stuffs around, really ! Helen looks at the ceiling as she thinks way back. "I never had much use for guns. If it wasn't for the Army, I'd have probably stumbled into my Requiem without ever having handled one. They're useful tools, but still just one in a box full of 'em. I'm okay with them, I think and got a working knowledge about them, but as you said, not much use for them now. I mostly carry mine because folks I have to do with might have them as well and the first time I brought fists to a gun fight was also the last time." Yeah, that had not been fun ! "Still, I do go plinking every now and then. You got a whole bunch, then, do you have a favourite gun ?"

She nods.

"It's worth the trade-offs most of the time. Visit ?" She ponders a while how to put this. "Afghanistan and Germany, mostly. Spent some time in Russia and the Baltic States as well, but that was after my embrace, really."

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “I have. The previous Seneschal and Priscus invited me there often. It has a peaceful, tranquil vibe to it.” Some might find the place dark and depressing, but she never did. At the comment about meaning, “This is true.” You were either invested, or you were not.

“Party tricks are always a good ice breaker.” Though she didn’t have any ice breakers herself, sometimes her ink worked as one. An understanding nod, “Where I come from, they were a necessity to survive. My father taught me to handle them, and it’s just been a natural habit. I’ve found I don’t carry mine as much as I used to, but they are always in my car should I need them.” Not that she did. Then a laugh, “One of those rare teaching moments in life.” She’d had a few. “My favorite is a pair of Desert Eagle .357 Magnums. I’m more comfortable the weight of them over anything else. Though I do have smaller guns for others to use if I’m teaching them.” And no one shot her guns but her. “If you ever want to go shooting, let me know.” She was always up for new people to shot with.

“There are many places to visit in Europe. Unfortunately, I’ve only been to Italy and Germany. What was your opinion on the Baltic States? I had meant to visit them, but was not able to at the time.”

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

"It still does, the others have done a good job of keeping that atmosphere with their additions."

Previous Seneshal and Priscus, noted. A good point to start from.

"It depends on the crowd really. But it works most of the time." she agrees. Necessary to survive ? Well, it's probably a long way down the road but still... "Sounds like a charming place, I guess." Helen just nods when it comes to teaching moments. Isn't that the damn truth ? "I can see why the weight would be good, but I mean those things are pretty big, I guess trying to conceal them without a trenchcoat would be a challenge." Still, it's good to see someone who doesn't jump at the opportunity to get some "badass" handcannons just because they can. ".357 is a nice change though. Nobody I've known so far who carried one of those stepped any lower than .44. Hollywood, I guess."

Going shooting with the Prince ? Interesting proposal, she makes a mental note on that. Could be fun...

"I'll get back to you on that, Ma'am."

The Baltic, eh ? She stretches a little in her seat and thinks on how to put it for a bit.

"It wasn't too bad. The cities are nice enough, even if the Soviets have run things down a little here and there. I mean, we're talking three independent countries, each of which has about the population of Chicago, just fanned out with a lot of space in-between. Lots of Nomads going through and a very sharp divide between fangers. Quite some of the higher-ups in the covenants who've been there some time are Germans or Russians, and the people on the streets or many of the younger ones, theres a pretty sizable group that doesn't like foreigners telling them what to do, especially when its Russians. It makes things complicated, not everywhere, but where culture has influence and caused a lot of headaches among the local Carthian Movement, or so I heard. So yeah, it's pretty rural and the weather's a little different, but if you're willing to look past that, it's worth a trip.

What got you to Germany, Ma'am ?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A laugh, “In some ways it was.” Her childhood wasn’t typical. “They are a decent size, but I’ve never tried to hide them. I have a permit to carry them if I want. But I rarely have the need to open carry them anymore.” Nope, she was legal to carry them. But hadn’t in some time. “Well, now a .44 is pretty damn big gun, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’ve noticed that the .357 is better at handling successive shots, the accuracy is better as well. The recoil on that .44 will throw your shots off.” A shrug, “From what I’ve noticed anyways. Some are damn fine shots with .44’s, I just happen to not be one. Plus, the .357 came out first and was easier to practice with.” Ok, so she geeked out a bit. But she knew her guns, especially which ones worked for her and didn’t.

“Sure, no pressure or anything. I just find it a relaxing hobby and a good way to just get away from the city.”
    But she also knew that not everyone was ok with spending time with someone in her position.

There was obvious interest as she listened. “I’ve heard a mixture about countries, but had them on my list of places to visit.” Nodding, “I still think it would be worth a visit, especially if I end up on that side of the pond again. I enjoy seeing how other countries and cultures work. Every Domain is different, every Covenant different, quite fascinating if you ask me.” Would Sicily be the same as when she left it? Probably not.

“When I decided to leave Italy, I bounced around in a few different countries, Germany being one of them. That time in ones Danse when they spread their wings and try and establish themselves. Germany was a beautiful country, but it didn’t fit what I was looking for. The political environment wasn’t something I wanted to join or deal with.”

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

Pretty clear why there wasn't that much need to carry the guns these days, wasn't it ?

"Makes sense, a friend got me a .45 some time back. It was pretty heavy on the wrists and it threw the aim off. I traded it for a 9mm and then got a .357 revolver when I though a little more punch wouldn't hurt." She's the first to acknowledge the limitations her build puts on the stuff she can comfortably use. Stronger than she looks or not, adapt, improvise, overcome. She shrugs. "Some people say semi-automatics are the way to go as getting more lead down the line quicker is the best thing to do in out line of... work. Maybe I'll switch back at some point, but so far, I've managed pretty well."

Hm ?

"Away from the city ? Like an outdoor range ?"

She nods as the prince gets into covenants and folks ticking differently in different places.

"It is, can also get you into hot water if you don't do the homework. Nothing's less fun than joining a covenant becasue you like the local flavour and then moving and finding out the hard way the folks you liked were the exception to the rule." She chuckles. She's seen it happen several times. "Yeah, I get that. Politics, language issues, religious politics... There's a lot that can make a really beautiful place really ugly for long-term planning."

Sorry for the long wait !

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“The .45 packs one hell of a punch.” There was no denying that. “I have a few 9mm that I use for teaching others how to shoot. It just always seemed wrong to give them a .357 to learn on.” Start small, build up to big. Nodding, “I think it is a good way to get more lead down the line. So long as you are not sacrificing accuracy for peppering someone with bullets.” A chuckle, “Which has it’s benefits, don’t get me wrong.” But sometimes you needed a more accurate shot. “Well, if you want to shot to just shot and have a night away from business, let me know.” Her curiosity was sparked about Helen’s talents.

A bit of a shrug, “Kind of. I have problems with the public ranges these days, so I have a setup on the outskirts of the city. Nothing special, just some targets setup far away from any houses, and I haven’t been bothered yet.” Not like if she went to range.

She nods her head in agreement, “I have found that fascinating how each Covenant runs differently in various Domains. It really speaks about the way politics and Covenant values are held.” She’d seen it many times. A more solemn nod, “There is, and it’s sad and disappointing. I’ve seen Clans torn apart from politics in a Domain.” Shaking her head, “A damn shame.”

No worries

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush !
     Blush !, 

NOS
    PRE

"I've been around enough people who thought everything that's neither a .45 nor holds at least 20 bullets and allows you to pour 'em out in about 3 to 5 seconds isn't worth bothering with." Looking at you, Tiff ! "Not that that's unreasonable seeing what we may have to deal with at times, but still pretty impractical to carry automatic weapons Downtown or even in the Outskirts."

She nods.

"I will."

Problems with ranges ? Probably not the best thing to start poking around here and now...

"Local leaders and local circumstances make for a pretty wide mix of local flavors. Shows where the priorities are, really.

Huh, I've seen several covenants implode, but clans ? That's bad. I mean, sure, things aren't called decicive issues for nothing, but still, for things to come to a head like that, that takes a lot of things going wrong, or so you'd assume. One of the things that upsets domains and also one of those nobody walks away from looking good."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread