(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The letter had been a surprise, but a good one. Helene was still an unknown to her. Sure, she knew Clan and Covenant, but that was it. Well, aside from how well spoken the women had been in Court.

Ale was in one of the meeting rooms, the table moved to make room for numerous art crates. Most of which was still sealed as she went through a list. Gabriel was holding a piece up for her to look at. She really needed a larger place for all the art she was acquiring.

One piece sat off to the side, draped in black velvet. It was one of her favorite pieces, done by a Haunt many years ago.

Tonight, Ale wore an oversized light gray shirt over black pants. Her lips were red, and there was no other makeup.
    Helen Kingsley
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Sometimes, Helen thinks of herself as lucky when it comes to picking her wardrobe for occasions. Sure, it gets repetitive quick, but whenever that feels like a bad thing, she thinks back to her sister-in-law who could spend hours agonizing in front of the ten feet of 'I've got nothing to wear !' in her closet. Yeap, she's definitely better off there, seeing how she's only got two dresses and half of those is strictly exempted from any sort of fanger-stuffs anyway... Makes for a short decision. As does the fact it's basically an informal meeting by what she's seen so far and with things as they are, dressing up too much would be pretty counterproductive too. So it's normal clothes for the occasion. Jeans, trainers and the jacket. Her t-shirt's color of tonight is dark red.

Whether she sould bring some token to the meeting has been a longer debate though. Sure, it could've been done, but looking at how this domain works and how things have been up to now, she's not been too sure about it. Plus, she's normally not the type to throw stuff at people when meeting, especially when they haven't really talked to each other before and it was also a little late for some 'Thanks for not kicking me out' bit. Maybe she's hanging around Invictus and folks like Bellemy too much or maybe she just considers the Prince important enough to maybe make some exception here ?

She pulls up near the specified location a few minutes early and uses those to have a look around before going to find the location indicated by the Prince's reply. Still, finding the Prince once inside is easy, she can feel her presence before she actually sees her. Not being in court doesn't make things easier. No group of people to hide in. Well, at least she has a little time to bite back the second thoughts about that meeting while wearing down the urge to flee the place.

As soon as she decides the current level of dread is about as good as it's going to get, she gets up to the door and makes her presence known by knocking. Still 2 miutes until the specified time, but what the hell, right ?

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wasn’t the press of a Beast that alerted the Savage to the presence of Helen. It was the feeling that the shadows were doing something else when she stopped looking directly at it.

Weird. Unnerving.

But made sense when she heard the knocking and saw the Haunt.

Gabriel slides the frame back into the crate, and waits to take the folders from Ale. Which she handed to him and he left the room, leaving them alone to talk.

Smiling, “Miss Kingsley, please, come in.” gesturing to the chairs that were still in the room, sitting down herself.

“Pardon the mess, but I like to get art uncovered and moved as soon as I can. How’ve you been? The Domain treating you well?”

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Helen enters, shortly allowing her eyes to take in the place around them. Lots of stuff indeed ! She crosses the room over to where the chairs are and follows the invitation to have a seat.

"Thank you for being able to make some time, Ma'am. I take it you're a collector, then ?"

At least the objects around suggested as much. Some paintings or photographs, perhaps mixed in with other stuffs ? Asked about how the stay's been so far, she ponders a bit before replying.

"I got no reason to complain, Ma'am. So far, things and people have been well enough and I've had few difficulties in getting settled."

Apart from the usual chickenshit, but that's a given and even if it bothered her, she wouldn't bother the Prince of all people with saying so.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“You’re welcome, I was looking forward to it.” See if she can learn a bit more about the Haunt. A single nod of her head, “Very much so. I prefer Kindred art, but we haven’t had one artistically inclined in quite a few years. Are you a fan of art?” it wasn’t for everyone.

“Only a few difficulties?” she asks, “Well, that’s not as good as having none, but better than having too many.” A small smile touching her lips, “I hope it hasn’t been due to difficulty within the Domain or with its residents.” From her tone, she left the door open for Helen to talk more about it if she wanted. Or not. Ale doesn’t pry.

“Where did you move here from?”

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Depends on what you'd like to call a fan, Ma'am. There's things I like better than others, but I'm not going out of my way to go to some gallery or so." She thinks a second. "Why kindred art, though ?"

Helen shrugs as the Prince comes to the difficulties.

"It'd be arrogant to assume getting into a new place goes too well with no issues at all, really. Getting used to the new surroundings and people is it's own challenge, but Priscus Hazelton has done a very good job of welcoming and helping with easing into the place. There were no problems from the residents or with general hospitality, getting settled and finding worthwhile things to do is what I find problematic at first most of the time. Once that's done, things get different."

She doesn't say 'easier' on purpose, because, how often do things tend to get easier for folks ?

"Las Vegas, Ma'am, with a moderate stop in Carson City. A friend pointed me this way when the time for a change of tapestry came."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Art wasn’t for everyone.

“So what things do you like better than others?” maybe there were some things they could agree on. “For the fact that I enjoy seeing Kindred being creative and making something that can last and mean something. I can display my art collection at Court, but it means more if the pieces are ones created by someone within the Domain. It puts a light on them and gives people something to talk about. Everyone has something they are proud of.” Looking to the velvet covered piece, “I actually plan on passing the piece to Priscus Hazelton, and am in the process of having a glass enclosure made for it.” It was damp down there, and art was prone to not like that.

There was a nod of understanding, “Ah, new Domains can always be a challenge. Priscus Hazelton has been a pleasant stabilizing force since her arrival.” Ale had respect for her. “What things do you enjoy doing? Sacramento has a wide range of things to offer.”

A look of surprise, “Lad Vegas? I stopped there briefly on my way to Sacramento. There was no shortage of excitement when I passed through! Did you enjoy your time there?”

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Sculptures, Ma'am. I don't really know too much about the ins and outs, but getting something out of a block of marble, that dosn't live, but looks like it just might ? That's never faiuled to impress me. I'd also say some literature, but most of the stuff I read doesn't really qualify for that category."

Helen nods as the Prince talks a little about Kindred Art and the meaningfulness of some.

"Like that ship exhibit at Halloween court." She concludes, not that it takes too much effort. "It is pretty impressive." No shame in admitting that. Her gaze follows the Prince's eyes towards the covered up thing she assumes is a painting or photograph. "Oh ? How's that, if I may ask ?"

Asked what she likes doing, she thinks shortly before replying.

"I read. Not high-brow stuffs, about everything I can get my fingers on, really, but mostly crime fiction. And those romance dime novels. The sappy ones nobody'd admit they're reading them. They're bad, but sooo addictive." She chuckles. "I've taken a look at some of the local soccer teams' games since my arrival. And I have a go at the sandbag every now and again. What do you do in your spare time, Ma'am ? Are you also into creeating things like these ?" A short look around. Not that the Prince looks like the artsy type, but then, if looks can be deceiving, it's with fangers, right ?

"It wasn't too bad, Ma'am. Sure, theres a lot of things you can do in Vegas, but with the whole gambling shtick, if you're not a gambling person, you lose out on a lot, or so people kept telling me. I had some friends in the place, that and getting to the point where you're no longer considered a tourist really helped."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brief nod, “Have to admit, I haven’t spent too much time with sculptures, but I get what you are saying. The ability of someone to take something and turn it into an eye-catching piece of art is remarkable. I know I wouldn’t have the patience required for such a task.” A small chuckle, “Literature is a whole other topic in my opinion. But one with numerous avenues. I’m always looking for something different; can you recommend something?” everyone had something to offer, something they enjoyed.

“Ah. I found the craftsmanship to be quite remarkable. I’m glad you were able to enjoy it.” The point of art was to display it.

Standing and picking up the canvas, she gently unwraps it and shows it to Helen. This was done by a player, and this is was how they described it: “It was an excellent rendition of the crumbling Nosferatu baths. The shadows on the walls were emphasized and twisted, looking like something was there. Stalking the viewer, just out of sight. Ready to reach out and take you away somewhere to be never seen again.” Once done, it was wrapped once again, “It was done by a Miss Cynthias Weiss, a Nosferatu and it’s always held a special place for me.” Moving to sit once again.

“Crime fiction? Not something I’ve picked up, but maybe it’s time to try something new.” The romance thing was most certainly not up her alley. "I wonder what draws people to the romance books?" she muses out-loud. “It’s always good to be prepared, and sandbags will help with that. Important skills to not let get rusty.” She still trained here and there. Looking around, she shakes her head, “Oh, no.” a chuckle, “I’m not very artistically inclined. Though I do practice lepidopterology or simply pinning butterflies. It’s a hobby I have for numerous years and find it has taught me patience and how to relax.” Probably weird, but she liked it. “I also have a successful real estate business, read, and am relearning the piano.” Not things typical for a Savage, but she enjoyed them.

“I was never a huge gambler myself. I prefer to invest my money and let it grow, but I can understand the excitement of it. Sounds like you were there longer than I was, it was part of my journey to find a place to settle. Which can be tricky.”

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"John Grisham is pretty good, if you don't mind that he mostly writes about lawyers and legal stuff. Stephen King also has a few good ones."

Although Helen is sort of wondering if the Prince isn't already familiar with those. But then, who knows ? Not everybody's the kind of TV rat she used to be back in the day. She nods as the prince addresses the ship.

"Well, Mr Northbridge did put a lot of effort into it, so it did what it was set out to do.It's always good to be able to appreciate craftsmanship."

Helen tilts her head as she looks over the painting. Something about the stuff depicted strikes her as vaguely familiar, even if she can't quite put a finger to what exactly that might be. Shadow-y, foreboding, she isn't quite ready to call it gloomy, that feels like the wrong word for it. Still, it is an impressive work, in every sense of the word. It definitely looks like something a Nosferatu would commit to canvas. Bellemy shortly comes to mind, even if she doesn't even know if her fellow Haunt paints. Probably not.

"It's not hard to see why, it is a very expressive work, it surely has a Nosferatu touch." She confirms. "Has Miss Weiss gotten into what it means or is it more about the motive speaking for itself... Does it have a name or title ?" That'd figure into the desired effect too, after all. A look from the outside, or some hidden meaning only someone in the know would know ? Hard to say... What draws people to romance fiction ? Formula ? "No matter how bad or crazy things get, more often than not, things work out. Everyone gets what and who they deserve, life's sunshine and rainbows. Or they get to be dead together happy in the ever after. You know it's not that simple and it doesn't work that way, but for some time, you can almost feel all warm and fuzzy, like it just could anyway. Its simple, it's dumb, it makes you forget how shitty things can be and you don't need to think to enjoy it." She chuckles. "A little like love itself, way at the beginning, when the brain's still bye-bye. Takes a special kind of willfully sentimental, I guess."

Somehow, the piano and the real estate don't come as too much of a surprise. She likes to call those important parts of 'Fanger Classics'.

"Butterflies... Well, why not, other people collect stamps. Although I figure it's somewhat more difficult to get them at night ?" Gangrel, stupid ! She reminds herself promptly. Okay, makes itr easier, but still, you can only use that Gangrel Hoodoo on who's actually there, so it doesn't take out much of the issue. Unless they're either collected by others or raised somewhere for the purpose ? That'd be cheating, where's the fun in that ? "Me, I knit. Calming and I never have to worry about being short on socks."

"Eh, as soon as I play for money, I lose. It's the law. But then, I don't need a lot of money." She shrugs. "About three years, I think.

So you're not a Sacramento native ?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread