Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2112) Liam, Gerrit, and more?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dec 21, 2021 : (2112) Winter Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Continued from (2112) Winter Coronation...

Gerrit took the box, parchment and pens and put it on a table he could see from the Gargantuan's table before joining Liam . People in here were grown adults, he could probably trust them to not break the box (or the Freehold's trust), but he would think about abandoning his duty. It was almost time to distribute the truths and lies and he wanted to give people the opportunity to participate still.

Once he sat down, he took a moment to watch all the other groups and conversations. A regular gathering like this was what kept them from isolating themselves, from going mad. And now he was here with Liam. How long had the Springbound Ogre been here? Almost a year, and Gerrit still hadn't managed to talk to him. He turned to look at Liam - the other Ogre seemed to have an affinity with plants, seemed to be joyful and content. It was like looking into a funhouse mirror, one that twisted and turned ones appearance on its head. "So, hello. How have you been?"

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam takes his seat across from Gerrit, having cleared the last of his sentimental tears from John's speech. "I've been well. New Year's Eve was crazy at the bar, but it was a nice time to see people celebrating." He looks around at the various gathered Fairest. "Kind of like tonight. It's been so busy this past week that I had to cut down on my visits to the tunnels. I think I've finally gotten to starting a rapport with the rats below the Park." He beams a bit proudly. "I've been trying out talking with some of the park squirrels, and it's been pretty similar."

He gestures to the Stonebones. "By the way, you really cleaned up nice, Gerrit." There was no hint of satire in the Ogre's voice, he really wanted Gerrit to know he looked handsome. "That suit looks really good on you. I'm lucky if I can find something in my size, let alone that looks good on me." He gestures down at himself, still a head-and-a-half taller than the tallest Lost currently present even just from the torso up. "Do you have any custom tailors you go to? Or just rentals?"

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Tunnels? Rodents? If Liam looked really hard he could spot a hint of confusion in Gerrit's beaten face. "Uh, I'm sorry I don't think I follow you." Wait, there has been something about rat infested tunnels on the notice board. Gerrit scrunched his face in thought for a moment, then it opened up shortly in a show of 'eureka!'. "Are you talking about the tunnels beneath Funderland? What is this about, anyway?" There could have been less plumb clumsy ways to gather that intel, but this wasn't an interrogation.

Bloodshot eyes studied Liam when he gave Gerrit the compliment. It was as if the whole Freehold was mocking him what what had happened, they kept reminding him. "Thank you. It's just a rental, and I think," the below-Ogre-average Ogre looked down on himself and then back at the Gargantuan, "I don't quite share the problems you seem to be facing. But I've heard Seraphina was a good seamstress, maybe she can tailor you a suit that fits? I'm sure she would be happy to." If it surprised him that the Queen of Desire hadn't already decked Liam out it didn't show. "So you've settled in nicely, haven't you?" A memory pricked Gerrit somewhere in the back of his mind. Had someone told him Liam was interested in botany or was it just something he had made up to fill the blanks of this basically unknown Lost? Slowly a frown carved itself through bruises and scars as the Stonebones tried to think of topics for the small-talk without embarrassing himself.

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm saunters up, pulling a flask from his jacket pocket. Of course. He uncaps it and takes a pull in one practiced gesture.

"My boys, my boys!" He announces, looking truly delighted. "You are both looking very dapper this evening."

Finds himself a seat. "How we doing? What're we talking about? Anybody want a drink?" Offering the flask. "It's bourbon." The liquor of winter as far as Worm's concerned. Warms the guts real proper.

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam looks apologetically at Gerrit, afraid he may have gone too fast. "Oh! Sorry, I should have mentioned. Circe, Sera, Cass, and I have been working in the tunnels below Funderland. Exploring and such; I think the Monarchs are looking to convert some of the larger spaces into a meeting place. We found a ditch with a rat's nest in it, and I volunteered to come up with a solution." He shrugs modestly. "I figured we could just make friends with them rather than exterminate them. So Sonnie helped me pick up a new Contract to talk with rodents." He wonders about any details he might have missed. I think that's it.

Liam chuckles a bit at Gerrit's reference to his size. He'd learned a long time ago to accept being the elephant in the room. "True." The mention of Sera prompts an expression of honest surprise. ​"I...actually hadn't thought of that. I'll have to remember for the next time. Thanks, Gerrit!" He could see Sera being willing to fulfill such a request, provided it was reasonable.

Liam nods, grateful for Gerrit's interest.
    "So far, so good. Sera helped me find a job working at a jazz club in town and that's been a lot of fun. So many interesting people in this city...aside from us, of course." ​He gestures out to the Freehold present, as if afraid to forget of the fantastical people here. "I did pick up a bit of a nasty scar from a Hedge Patrol recently, so I've been using that as an opportunity to refocus on my Goblin Fruit growing endeavors." He taps his face to show where the frog like Brancel had used his acidic tongue to mar it.

Worm hops right in, bouncy as ever, and Liam pats his Patrol buddy on the back. Gently, of course. "Hey, Worm! Thanks! You look dapper yourself. Hey! You remember the Hedge Patrol, right? Where I got that scar?" He looks back over to Gerrit, wanting to keep his fellow Ogre in the loop. "Worm helped stabilize my injuries in the Hedge, before I could get back to my Hollow." He graciously accepts a pull from the flask. "Sure. Thanks, Worm."

10. Likes , Endymion, Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Oh, I see." Seemed like Gerrit was really out of the loop on that one. He briefly wondered what else he was missing while he dealt with.. other things. But if Cassandra had been involved, at least some of Winter knew what was going on below Funderland. "But you don't think that's a significant threat to us, do you?" If the rats were just normal rats, that is. He also took note of Liam branching out when it came to Contracts. "And you can talk to any kind of rodent now? Was it.. difficult to learn those Contracts?" He mentioned Sonnie helping him, but Gerrit couldn't imagine her dealing too intently with Rodents. Then there was this mention of squirrels - either this didn't bring any bad memories back to the Treant or it was his way of dealing with that trauma. Then again, the latter didn't feel very Spring.

"You grow Goblin Fruits too?" The question was out before Gerrit could stop himself. Yes, comparing methods could bear fruits, but it also gave away something he had been cultivating as a secret. He couldn't quite put a finger on the 'why', but if given the choice he would prefer it if the rest of the Freehold underestimated him and was kept in the dark about what else he had to offer. Was this Winter's influence or just a form of resentment he'd harbored since Vivian left?

2 successes

There was a slight snap as Gerrit's Mantle flared briefly. "I mean, I have been thinking about maybe growing some myself some day. With my shop and all." His features didn't betray him, but he couldn't be sure he'd fooled the Gargantuan. Liam seemed pretty mindful.

Gerrit frowned and looked closer at Liam's scar when Colonel Worm joined them. A thin smile appeared on the Onyx face before he could stop it. "Hello. I'm good, thank you." Did it surprise him that CW was carrying again? Not in the slightest. "Liam was just telling me about your adventures underground. Seems like you did quite the good job of patching up the worst?" For how rowdy the Goblin seemed he had proven himself to be reliable time and time again. That made a curious mix of emotions surge up: relief and appreciation, but also the confusion of long held beliefs being broken down. The Wizened was a drug user and a drunkard - and still such a good guy.
    Not now. Gerrit pushed the pondering and reevaluating away and focused on his company again. "So anyway, have you two added something to this years special event? The truth and the lie?"

12. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Couldn't forget if I wanted to," he replies to Liam, handing the Ogre his flask. "I'd stab that fucker in the head again if I could." At the memory, a shadow seems to pass over the Goblin's features. For a moment, only a moment, a deep well of rage is visible there. But then he's back, chipper as always. "It's looking good though. Not paining you any, is it?"

His attention shifts to Gerrit now. "This was the hedge, not underground. Big ass frog hob was cooking up some hikers. Roshon," he glances around, looking for Ro, "took the first shot. And good on her too. Liam got big and got in dude's face. Took one for the team," sounding proud of the Gargantuan. "I put him down with a sword through the brain and then patched up our boy here best I could."

He retrieves the flask from Liam and takes another pull, sitting back with his eyes still on Gerrit. "Glad you're doing good, bubba. Looking fine as hell too, I might add." Words are one thing, but Worm's searching for other cues, to make sure the Stonebones is on the up and up.

Read Gerrit's Emotions, 1 success

"Nah, I didn't get a chance to put in my slip. You know me, though. I'm an open book. You want the truth? Just ask."

14. Likes , Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam shakes his head, eager to dispel any worries. "Not that we've seen so far. Apart from the rats, the only signs of life are some abandoned garbage...though I guess that's just a sign of the tunnels being used long before." He brightens up at Gerrit's interest in his Contracts. "Actually, it wasn't that hard. Sonnie described it as like getting to know a friend with another language. I learned how to 'speak rodent', so to speak."

failure

The subtle change in temperature is lost on Liam, as is Gerrit's brief verbal fumble. But the Giant doesn't let on any confusion. He's just happy to be chatting with friends.

Liam pats his face where the scar had been. "Like it was never there, thanks to some handy Goblin Fruits." He's a bit disturbed by Worm's flash of anger, but he interprets it as a protective rage. That's something he gets. And by now he's used to the Goblin's raw emotional responses.

"I added mine! It was..."
    He stops just short of blurting out his secret answers, looking a bit bashful. "Oh! Ummm...yeah. Secret answers. Maybe you'll draw mine and find out yourself!"

16. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

So the rodents weren't really a threat and the scar come from something that had been dealt with. Which reminded Gerrit: "Oh yes, you've told me about that Frog. Good job." If some people emerged as the ones to patrol the Hedge that meant that Gerrit didn't have to do it - and that was fine as far as he was concerned.

"I recently wondered how some Lost conversed with.. things you don't usually converse with. What do squirrels talk like?" Surely they were less intelligent than humans, but could Contracts bridge that difference? Also, he couldn't be quite sure.. but since that midnight release at the bookstore he sometimes felt like he saw faces in mundane things. Could they start talking to him?
    But that didn't matter - he wouldn't ever admit to that.

Worm's compliment was met only with a slight shrug. "Uh, thanks. I mean it's not much compared to you. Anything new with the Colonel?"

Bloodshot eyes remained on Liam for a few beats when he almost told him what he wrote. A sunny disposition only went so far - the Stonebones would think twice before trusting Liam with any personal secrets. "Yes, maybe I will." And it seemed like John was about to open the box now. Gerrit would wait a bit before getting one piece of paper himself.
    CW not participating in this gave the Winter mixed feelings: it was a nice sentiment to claim that he was an open book, but this activity was also part of this Coronation. What if nobody had played along the various Summer challenges? That would have been kind of rude, wouldn't it? "That's good to know. And there probably isn't anything really dark or important to learn about anybody else, with the Wyrdstone kind of vouching for us."

He regarded the Gargantuan again. "So what kind of Goblin Fruits are you growing? Where did you learn how to do it?"

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

0 Scenes

Just wanted to put a big notice up! The Truth and Lie Box is open! Anyone that gave me their Truth and Lie, has received a Truth and Lie it's now time to find out which set belongs to which person!

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread