Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy gave what passed for a soft smile to Alessandra. "I am without title or honors your gra... Sofia. So Bellemy is fine. I also answer to Hey freak and oh my god run. But thoes are less common at court." It was a simple jest at Bellemy's expence but the haunt calculated that a little humor may be effective to ease some tension.

Bellemy looked away as Alessandra paid the haunt her compliments. A look of unease flashed over the creatures face before it was again hidden by a mask of calm. Finally Bellemy replied with a simple "Thank you"

And then came another uncomfortable topic. The haunt knew it was likely to arise. One does like to know who they are speaking with and that would go doubly for a leader such as Alessandra.

"Well, I am afraid I don't have a very interesting story. I was pretty young when I was born and a bit older when I died." The haunt glanced at the others to see if the jokes were irritating them before continuing.

"I was or am an author. Although i haven't written much lately. I preferred genre was urban fantasy which became rather problematic under the circumstances. I enjoy discussing politics and religion and pretty much everything etiquette says should not be discussed in polite company."

Taking a que from Jennifer, Bellemy reached out the proverbial olive branch by asking a question of the prince "If I might ask, how do you enjoy your free time? assuming you get any"

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

" I am glad that you accepted the invitation, Sofia."
    She is slowly getting used to the Sofia public persona, the internal chastised feeling that she's committed a social faux pas has finally faded.

The comments on how others did not call on 'Sofia' to socialize had been noticed before. Yet Jennifer wondered why.
    The terrifying Beast was likely a key part. The literal Hellbeast that often bored it's eyes through the kindred, spinning in the fishbowl of Elysium.
    Or the fear that they would fuck up and have to pay a price.

She bet on that one.
    "Their loss, Sofia. I walk away from each encounter glad to know you."
    A look to Sofia, her comment honest. Her look afterwards to assure that it wasn't just smoke blown up Sofia's rear. A subtle look to Bellemy.

Had Jennifer interpreted the earlier look of Bellemy's correctly, the curiosity for the reason behind this meeting? If so, she hopes this reply helps explain to her cousin.

Jennifer's fingers begin to stir at Bellemy's freak comment, curling. Humorous, deftly delivered, Jennifer tells herself. Although a whisper in the back of her mind on how Jennifer would love to destroy anyone who derided Bellemy. Any kindred, who mattered. The blind kine were easier to dismiss, blind to the supernatural spark that mystically empowered the society. And somehow dragged the soul of a Nosferatu through a special cavern during the Embrace for the extra breath of supernatural. The Curse that attached to a Nosferatu.
    Jennifer plucked up her fingers to trace along the scarf. Creating a lady - like, gentle motion to check her appearance before settling her hands in her lap.

Did she hide the reaction? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Both of these kindred were perceptive.

"You'll have to give us your pen name. So that we could enjoy your work.

I do wish I had the creative talent."

Jennifer approved the question to the Prince, looking between the two Kindred who she conversed with.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a soft laugh, “Well, you won’t hear those from me. Or within the walls of Elysia.” That wasn’t something she would put up with.

Seems this one has jokes. Which didn’t seem to bother the Savage.

“Oh, we all have an interesting story, it just depends how you tell it.”
    But she was never one to push. The Haunt didn’t want to share, so fine.

An eyebrow was raised in pleasant surprise, “An author? How fascinating.” She couldn’t really remember the last Kindred author she had come across. “How did you get into that genre? And I hope you continue to write, society always needs more stories.” Then a chuckle, “Those are hot button topics, not many are able to remain civil during such discussions. Which is sad in my opinion, as I’ve always enjoyed hearing someones side on whatever the topic is.” But, people couldn’t play nice.

“Now that is the key term to the question, if I get any.” A small smirk, “I’ve been attempting to take more nights for myself and can usually be found pinning butterflies or relearning the piano. Though I’m not opposed to a good book or a night out having a drink. But, work does keep me busy, between the Domain and my other business, it leaves little free.”

A gentle smile to Jennifer, “Well thank you. I’ve been working on trying to be more approachable while out. But afraid it will take some time.” And that was ok. As Kindred, all they had was time.

“An excellent point!” nodding to Jennifer, “I would greatly enjoy the chance to read some of your writing.”

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

5. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

One could not go so far as to say that Bellemy began to relax, more that the haunt allowed the anxiety of the situation to wash away. The conversation seemed to be going well. Both Jennifer and Alessandra appeared to be entertained by the conversation and neither seemed likely to lash out suddenly, at the moment.

Bellemy turned attention to Jennifer as the Priscus spoke. Bellemy was used to the way Jennifer could observe a person without making them feel "watched". It was a talent the matriarch of the Nosferatu had used several times in the various meetings and Bellemy envied it. When this cursed creature watched, everyone noticed.

A subtle twitch of Jennifer's hands caught Bellemy's attention but the creature lost the intent. Was it a sign? a signal? did I miss something? perhaps the joke fell flat. Ok new plan. no more jokes. came the calculating, frantic, thoughts.

Oh wait, the Prince is speaking, must listen. as Alessandra spoke of stories. Perhaps it could be interesting to some, the story of an outcast moved about without control, cast aside and forgotten only to be reborn into another form of struggle, to come out on top having overcome all adversity. But who am I kidding? this is the real world. dark thoughts peppered Bellemy's mood. In answer the haunt nodded in acquiescence of the point.

Determined to not allow the mood to shift Bellemy latched on to the next question. With real pleasure the haunt answered. "My experience started with Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray, I immediately latched on to the idea of a supernatural world under our own. That a man could sell his soul for eternal youth was fascinating. Then of course there is Lovecraft, if one ignores the blatant problematic behavior, the ideas gave seed to my youthful brain and sprouted bushes of wonderment. From the modern times I enjoy the more magic rich environments of Simon R green, Jim B. the usual."

To Jennifer Bellemy replied. "You are most creative cousin. Your attention to detail at home indicates a mind free of restraint, I expect that should you turn your attention to the task of writing you would excel as you do in other areas." A momentary lapse in propriety to correct a faulty thought.

Bellemy answered both women together. "My pen name was B. Salem. I was young and thought it appropriately angsty. I had never made it to a best seller list but I had some small fame in the online forum community, Ezines and the like. Wrote one novel about a coven of witches who, in a search for immortality, accidentally became vampires." Bellemy looked down at the floor affecting a look of sheepishness. "Silly I know, But it was before and not at all accurate."

"I may find the time to pen something in the future. I was worried about possible conflicts with certain rules." Bellemy said to hedge around the reason for no longer writing. Bellemy had learned early on that it didn't matter if one in fact breeched the masquerade but more if one looked like they breeched the masquerade and Bellemy did not want to give potential enemies ammunition.

On the second part of the interests Bellemy replied with a smile "I agree with that. I understand people become emotionally invested, or at least think they do, but I don't see that as a reason to be uncivil." The Cockscomb had watched numerous debates plunge into outright violence. Some people suck.

The prince shared information about herself and Bellemy listened. Butterflies? how interesting. "What Piece of music are you working on? I have never had a talent for music but I find several of the great composers to be pleasing."

When the prince commented about wanting to be more approachable Bellemy at first thought it a joke. It slowly dawned that perhaps Alessandra was being serious. They were sitting here chatting right now after all. Bellemy nodded respectfully at the comment.

Curse: See Minisheet

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Which is appreciated, Your Grace.
    I am attempting to speak with others to learn of why they hold their beliefs. Pastor Wells has expressed an interest in having non believers attend his service."

Jennifer recalled that the former Nosferatu priscus and the Prince had formed a friendship. It was a point of favor with Jennifer.
    Jennifer was not inclined to visit the Mass, yet did not voice that opinion. Merely attending events lent support in her belief. Yet she was not going to impose her bias over others' decision to attend.

" I have taken some time to install a small bar in the sitting area of the Deep. I would be pleased if you could join the Family there, your Grace.
    I do wish to find the appropriate place for the painting we discussed earlier."

At the Prince's kind words, Jennifer inclined her head in both a nod of respect and a smile of acceptance of the Prince's words.

" If a visit to the museum would appeal, I would be glad to attend with you. Perhaps the three of us could find an evening."

At Bellemy's compliment, the brunette gave her cousin a pleasant smile.
    "Thank you, cousin. I would like to thank you for the kind words."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was clear interest on the Savage’s face as she listened. “Lovecraft is a remarkable teller of stories. I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve read over the years. The imagination that had to go into those stories astounds me.” Sure, the guy had his issues. But they were discussing him work, not his personality.

“I don’t think one needs to make it to the best sellers list to be successful. I know there are many books I’ve enjoyed that have never been best sellers. Sure, the best seller mean prestige, but it doesn’t necessarily mean talent.” In her eyes anyways. She wondered how most of the books on the best sellers list actually made it there. Then amusement, “A coven of witches who become vampires?” her eyes sparkling, “I wouldn’t call it silly. Kine are obsessed with vampires and the world surrounding them. So writing something that caters to that is intelligent in my opinion.” They knew the truth, yes. But why couldn’t they profit on it as well.

“Ah.” Understanding what she meant. “That does seem like it can be a very difficult thing to navigate. Isn’t part of the joys of writing being able to make up your own world with its own rules? No reason you couldn’t continue to capitalize on the way Kine and Hollywood have romanticized it. Just put your spin on it.” Take the false and build on it.

“Nothing wrong with being emotionally invested, but people often lose sight of what they are passionate about. I love a good discussion about pretty much anything, religion or politics, but as soon as it becomes uncivil or someone is attempted to push what they believe on me, the talk is over. I like to think we’re all adults,” a laugh, “but I’ve been proven wrong before.” Age does not make maturity.

If it was possible for the Italians face to light up, it does, “Oh, I’m relearning a piece by Beethoven, the Moonlight Sonata. It’s one of my personal favorites. But it has been quite a few years since I last played it, so it’s been difficult to relearn.” But she’ll get there. “I find myself drawn to classical music, mostly Beethoven. Who do you enjoy listening to?” something in common?

Looking to Jennifer, “I’m not one to allow the stereotypes in my presence. I’ve heard enough of them about my own Family to not stand for them about anothers.” If anyone wanted to test it, they could. A brief nod, “So he’s mentioned. I’m curious to hear more about whenever he decides to have it.” Would she go? She wasn’t sure. She was open to it, show the Domain that she didn’t have a problem with the Church. But it didn’t sound exciting.

“I would be honored to visit. I have many pleasant memories of the Deep.”
    Many evenings spent there with Alice just talking. Before either of them had responsibilities. “I’ve ordered a special glass case for it, so the environment shouldn’t effect it.” Air tight, museum quality.

Looking back to Jennifer, “Now both those sound like wonderful ideas. But should a museum visit not be agreeable to all, I’m open to ideas.” She didn’t want to make Bellemy feel left out, she was enjoying talking with the Haunt.

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy listened with as Alessandra spoke of books and authors. The look on her face expressed that she was interested in the topic. Common ground at the start, Very promising. The relaxed and easy discourse allowed the haunt to almost completely remove the internal tension that had built up before the meeting. The haunt found the prince to be very intellectually stimulating. Which was not a surprise giving the vast requirements of wresting power among the Kindred. One did not last long at the top on brawn alone.

Bellemy found they shared similar feelings about many things as Alessandra expressed her opinion of Lovecraft which was liken to Bellemy's own. Without need the Prince showed kindness to the haunt, an unexpected compliment of Bellemy's ideas. It was not often in Bellemy's life that those who wielded real power offered such graces to the creature as Alessandra did now. Jennifer had of course and had earned respect and loyalty from Bellemy for it. To the prince Bellemy replied. "You humble me your grace. You are too kind."

For the first time in years Bellemy began to consider a return to writing. Things would definitely be easier with Jennifer and the prince supporting the endeavor. Bellemy would not have to worry about someone using it as an excuse to destroy the haunt. All in all it was pretty much a no lose situation. Something Bellemy would take a great deal of time to consider.

Allassandra shared her experiences regarding conflict of opinions. Bellemy smiled. The haunt could indeed agree with the prince on that score. In the past Bellemy had been one of those who believed in black and white but as the haunt got older the more Bellemy realized the world was shades of grey. "I shall have to try that approach in my future debates." Bellemy imagined the look on Connor's or Helen's faces if Bellemy walked away mid argument. It is almost worth starting one just to see the result.

The conversation flowed to music and Beethoven. The prince revealed another facet of high class. Bellemy replied. "Oh that is marvelous. Is that something you would share with others or do you find your music to be a personal experience?" Bellemy truly loved that song and thought it a wonderful experience to hear it live. In answer to the question Bellemy decided to be honest yet a little bit playful. "Oh as far as composers go, I am partial to most of the greats. Bear McCreary, John Williams, Danny Elfman. The usual." The haunt beamed. Would the prince appreciate the call out to modern composers Bellemy wondered. Bellemy included Jennifer by passing the question off to the priscus. "I don't think I have ever asked you cousin, Do you enjoy any musical artists?"

The priscus and the prince spoke of others and Bellemy listened but did not comment on their conversation choosing instead to take the time to merely observe. Then they spoke of future plans. Jennifer offering two suggestions to the prince. Both had their merit as well as presenting challenges. The deep offered seclusion from the public but made the setting more intimate which meant that each person would have to try harder to engage with the others. The museum offered ample opportunity for distraction and conversation starters but Bellemy would have to be in public. Choices, choices. in the end Bellemy answered Jennifer. "I am, as always available to you. I would enjoy another evening out. speaking to both women Bellemy added. "I fear I am not even a lay person regarding art. I simply have no training but I do so enjoy leaning new things."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listens closely, her eyes moving to who is speaking. She had never gotten into Lovecraft- although the conversation reminds her of many years ago. While she ran a fan club online. She considers, yet she is not ready to delve into exploring how she felt about something she used to love while on display to fellow Kindred.

“I think the coven who become Vampires is an intriguing concept. I have not read that before.”

A nod to Alessandra.
    “I think as we remain in our ways, we forget to check our bias. We believe our way is the right way. As that holds true for us. Yet I believe a healthy debate in a respectful manner is a good idea.”
    Jennifer gives a nod of respect to Alessandra as she details what she will not tolerate. “That is appreciated, Your Grace. I have to admit, I appreciate your acceptance of different Covenants and not favoring one at the expense of others. I have seen covenant leaders meeting and talking together at Court, and trust that your policy has allowed for such interaction.”
    Jennifer is pleased by Bellemy’s engaged conversation, watching her with a look of interest. This look is not feigned, for Bellemy is unpredictable and yet polite. Bellemy was an excellent conversation partner.

“I am a bit embarrassed.”
    Jennifer admitted freely, comfortable with these two Kindred. Well, as comfortable as one could be in the presence of such an Apex Predator such as the Prince.
    “I appreciate classic Rock and roll and newer Rock songs. I admit, I have kept up with recent music and bands. I hear about them when I visit my herd. Or when I masquerade as a college student to make more inroads. For example, on such an excursion I heard a song by Pop Evil called Survivor. Which I enjoy.”
    “Perhaps a return to the Caldarium.” Jennifer suggested, looking between the Haunt cousin and Gangrel Priscus.
    “We can attend an art show at another time. I am actually working on setting up a building that would have a rotating art exhibit. It will likely take quite awhile to get all of the red tape squared away.”
    As in, arrange the purchase and renovation without putting her real name or her face on any of the developments. She could be secretive, for all that she enjoyed socializing among the Kine.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a soft chuckle, “Kind is not often associated with me. But I tend to say things as I see them.” So compliments from her were genuine.

“A discussion that has fallen into uncivil tones and words is not a productive discussion. I would rather hear intelligent, passionate opinions than opinions come to based off lies and misplaced faith. I’m always open to discuss whatever, and quite enjoy hearing others viewpoints.” But there were too many that were childish with things, and she just didn’t have the time or patience.

“I’m open to sharing my music with others. But it’s been quite some time since I played, and while the memories for playing are still there, they are no where near what they used to be. My mother insisted I become trained in playing the piano, she liked show it off at her functions.” A slight eye roll. “But Bear McCreary is quite talented and innovative. I enjoy how he is able to span multiple mediums, from video games to scores for movies.” Took some real talent. “John Williams is a true artist.” Not many could compare to his workings.

A smile to Bellemy, “One doesn’t have to be trained to enjoy art. You see what you see in the piece. I’ve personally never thought there was a right or wrong way to view or interpret it, it’s all personal.” And sometimes you saw something you hadn’t seen before.

Looking to Jennifer, “It comes from me spending a great deal of my Danse unaligned. It gave me the chance to view all the Covenants and how they each gave something to not only Kindred, but Domains as a whole. When you favor one over another, you create unrest and resentment. Equal footing allows everyone to thrive and work together.” She might be Invictus, but she never played favorites. Shrugging, “Kindred are allowed to interact with whomever they see fit.” Why would she tell Covenant leaders they couldn’t talk? “I’ve been in Domains where some Covenants were shunned, treated poorly, and it always upset me.” In her mind, there was no reason for such actions.

“Why be embarrassed? Everyone has different tastes when it comes to music. It’s a personal thing, music that moves one may not move another.” And there was nothing wrong with that.

“The red tape can be difficult depending on what art you are trying to show. I know there are local artists who are always eager to show what they’ve accomplished. The real issue comes in building a collection big enough that rotating is easily done. And then comes insurance for displaying art, everyone wants to know their piece will be safe.”

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

To Jennifer the haunt bowed from the neck. 'Thank you. I thought it may get the attention of the masses at the time. A mix of the magical and drama. I had designs to make a multitude of circumstances and shenanigans as the main cast each deals with their new existence in a different way."

On the topic of covenants Bellemy remained silent. The prince had admitted a tolerance of different views but that didn't mean Bellemy would immediately begin flaunting those differences as Alessandra was revealing her experience in the danse.

The prince shared that she was open to performance and Bellemy smiled. The haunt could related to the notion of one being relegated to a simple curiosity to be showed off for the pleasure of others. Bellemy gave an inward sigh of relief as the prince acknowledged the modern composers. With a simple statement Alessandra had shown that she wasn't consigned to living in the past and actually paid attention to the present which isn't always the case with kindred.

Jennifer voiced her own interest in music and Bellemy nodded. "I agree with Sofia, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Classic Rock is a staple. I have not heard of the song you speak of but I shall have to look it up. I myself am partial to Queen and The animals.."

Bellemy again fell short on the conversation of art again choosing to listen to what was said instead of speaking out of turn.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread