Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A smile and wave to Belle.**Not replying to her question as per ST post**

Then a smile to Phoenyx, glad to see her. You never could tell in their world if someone just went to another Consilium, was dead or simply lost track of time. The Shaman was glad it was lost track of time. Shaking her head, “I don’t think so.” Least she hadn’t heard anything of value really said.

More about the visitors and what they were up to. But she did wonder if someone had tampered with the spells like Puck mentioned. She wouldn’t be surprised; some were just that fucking petty.

Councilors first? Sure. She leans back, sips her drink and listens. It worked for her; she didn’t really have anything to add anyways.

An eyebrow raised in surprise, new Moros who couldn’t make the formal meeting? But…she wasn’t a Councilor anymore, and it wasn’t her Path.

Crystal asked some good questions, and she looks to Phoenyx to see how she would answer.

The answer she gave was one she expected. But she also didn’t know how Councilors handled it. Some Paths might take issue with it, while some might not.

Though the talk of the theater catches her attention, and she leans forward, listening.

But how worried Guru was didn’t sit well with her. She gave him a serious nod, one meaning she would help and had his back. No way she’d let him dive into something that spooked him that bad.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sort out one issue, open another.

Puck just sighed and shook his head. The whole concilium now knew there was some spirit on the loose. You know what they didn't know? The veil breaches Phoenyx and Guru performed in failing to contain the thing. Memory sure is convenient isn't it?

"We don't have any information on the San Francisco Concilium's other orders so any information on motives or future actions is pure conjecture." He's looking to Crystal, mostly because Eulogy's question was answered. "We interacted with three refugees and an angel, so all the information we have on the other orders is second hand at best right now. That includes the aggressors in this particular exchange. I'd hesitate to ascribe any motive or future possibility without further information beyond they attacked and killed a whole order for reasons."

False assumptions paint future interactions, and painted social interactions are easy to turn into violent physical ones. This guy isn't thrilled, but a warning about San Fran and that the Libertines were safe and somewhere else was all Puck felt was needed at this point.

Also Eulogy's other question wasn't really answered.

"They shouldn't be recognized moving forward until they seek recognition again. This is supposed to be a mandatory meeting and it seems like showing up and listening for a bit is literally the bare minimum they can be bothered with to maintain the concilium's recognition. If they don't care enough to maintain that bare minimum, why should the concilium care about recognizing them?"

Guru's idea was the exact type of nonsense he expected, and earned an annoyed eye roll from the Acanthus. It was the second time Guru tried to say the Council should do nothing and let people do whatever. Given his pending breach of Secrecy in front of sleeper witnesses though? It sure seems like someone has a vested interest in making sure actions don't have consequences.

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

With other issues dying down and time running low, Corn thought to say a few things about a different matter that was in his thoughts lately.

"With the council's permission, I would like to change the subject." He said standing from his chair to address the rest of the Magi.
    "We are a modestly influential secret society of enlightened, or so I would like to think so. We have a plurality of ideas, interests and opinions in our group, which I find nice. However, I would like to point out and discuss something that we lack compared to other secret societies through history.
    Do you know what is the one common thing that all big secret societies have in common? If you guess 'secrecy' you would be wrong cause we know a ton about the Stonemasons or the Skull & Bones that have pages in the wikipedia dedicated to known members and practices.
    Nope, it's not secrecy. It is... Money! Secret societies have money. It is the most common way to have influence in the world and sleeper societies care mostly about influence even if they claim to care about enlightenment, religion or ideals.

So... since time is running low, I would like to ask: Is there a fund from the consilium that mages can have access to? If we want to invite someone, a mentor, an ally or even a sleepwalker to help us with the software protections in our computers ... is there a fund we could use to pay? Or we need to find the money ourselves?

If there is NOT a fund, I would suggest starting a fund, under the council. I could explain the reasons I believe the Consilium as a body needs a fund beyond the means of the individual money, if the council wants to hear them.
    "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Viggo

PRE

The Arrow, who had been content to stand and listen, noticed Belle as she spoke to him. A small wave was returned as he spoke. "Hey Belle, I think I'm as settled as I'm going to be, thanks for asking. How've you been?"

Then the real business started and once again Viggo fell quiet, only giving a small wave when Phoenyx mentions him. Otherwise, he remained silent and attentive.

8. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Content that Aurora seemed to be on the up-and-up, Belle takes a seat nearby and listens intently right after sharing a welcoming nod with Viggo.

She winces a bit as Crystal mentions the absent parties. Thank God I got in when I did. She hasn't yet had to see Crystal's 'boss man' side. She'd rather it be while she wasn't on the receiving end. Still, she could see why members of the Consilium might be frustrated. There was a lot of information sharing going on, and a Mage left uninformed could wind up in serious trouble.

Speaking of trouble...

Rogue spirits. Plays that hypnotized people. Seems like Sacramento was starting to get some action.
    And just when we have so many new faces in town. It seemed like right now these Free Council Magi were content to lick their wounds and hang out in the city for now. Belle wants to hope for the best, but she wonders if she might be seeing Phoenyx and Winter on patrol more often.

Corn redirects with the concept of a Concilium fund and Belle nods in agreement, but doesn't speak up since its the Councilors' floor at the moment. She makes a mental note to talk with Crystal and Corn about this in Mysterium business sometime later. Being the larger Order in town, perhaps the Mysterium could take initiative in this?

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx was thoughtful about Guru's summary. Containment of what, that was the question.

Something seemed to be on Puck's mind, but the Arrow had no idea what. He did, however, raise an important point. "While I agree that attendance of Concillium is important, the Gold Laws can be interpreted as those Concillium members not in attendance are still extended some degree of protection and flexibility. The right of Emeritus, for example, would see the revocation of recognition as an overreaction for long-standing concillium members who have provided much in their time here." She was thinking of Winter, given his unusual absence; it had not crossed her mind that such a rule might apply to herself as well. "We are a small concillium. If our Orders call us away, are we to reject the call of our Order over an enforced mandate for a Concillium? In this circumstance it is easy to conceive of scenarios that favor both answers."

Corn stood. It was, as ever, a long-winded introduction before he got to his point. "There is no such fund," she answered simply. "Doing so would tie us collectively to sleeper banking and a myriad of falsifications to conceal our true organization. Any personal projects have been simply that, and funded in the same way." She wasn't sure she liked the sound of this.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

12. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

So concerning the San Francisco Mages Crystal thought he heard a lot of what he wanted to hear: Phoenyx, Guru, and Puck all seemed to agree that with the Angel of.. Fire or something the problem has moved on. Sure, killing a whole Order sounded super bad, but chances were the San Fran Free Council had as many members as the whole Consilium of Sacramento. Was this really the kind of pissing contest they wanted to get in?
    Crystal just nodded along the various explanations - he didn't want to add anything else to that topic, lest they'd change their minds and wanted to take action.

The thing about attendance played out just about as he'd expected it: Guru being against harsh reprimands, Phoenyx being somewhere in the middle leaning towards practicality, and Puck being.. less understanding. He did have a point, but it all hinged on what he meant by 'recognition'. Being a bit more sceptical before sharing common resources and helping out for risky endeavours? Yeah, that was something he could get behind. Shunning them and treating them like lesser people? No, sir.
    "I see the argument of both sides - Councilor Phoenyx is right that the Lex Magica can be read either way. One could even stretch the Right of Hospitality to extend it to people who have 'lost' the Consilium's recognition. Which is what I'd like to argue: I agree that Awakened absent without good reason," looking at the First Talon to show her argument of Orders calling people away has been heard, "should feel a sort of consequence for their action. However I wouldn't want to deny anyone the assistance they might need, much less so for a single slip up." Was that enough to satisfy the Acanthus Councilor? Hell if Crystal knew. "However I would like to ask every Councilor to seek out missing parties and make the obligatory attendance clear. The Right of Emeritus says we should respect those who have earned respect, but I'd argue that respect earned can be lost if people act accordingly."
    It seemed stupid to argue in such length about this, but this discussion could prevent any pent up misunderstandings in the future. Maybe.
    And shit, wasn't this why he wanted to become a Councilor? Heavy the head..

The First Talon brought up some sort of influence at the theatre and Guru specified - something Abyssal? Fuck. Plus, he hadn't seen Guru like this.. ever? That spelled trouble, but much like San Fran politics the Abyss was something Crystal didn't want to touch with a ten foot pole. He tried to become practically invisible while this topic went on.

Corn took the floor for a.. rather absurd request. Maybe it was all the Magic, but most of the gathered Awakened were really well off when it came to money. And couldn't the Moros turn literal shit into gold by now? "I agree with Councilor Pheonyx' assessment. Orders or the funding of Cabals should give every Awakened the network needed to fund private affairs - anything that is of concern for the whole Consilium can be brought up so that we can work on a solution collectively."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy listened to the councilors give their perspective views. After a moment of consideration he followed Crystal's thought with his own. "I find myself at crossed roads on this subject. As a member of the Silver Ladder I cannot help but agree with Councilor Pucks assessment. That said there is room for error in judgment and I must caution myself not to over reach in interpretation." He around the room realizing that his voiced thoughts did not really do anything to address the issue. "I do not feel this oversight warrants removal of our protections, At least not for a first offence. I shall take responsibility for the missing Moros. I will review the expectations of the Concilium with him. he paused before nodding to Puck. "I don't want to see lack of repercussions turn this Concilium into some sort of 'I'll get around to it eventually' scenario, engagement is important. So I would like to come up with a codified, fair standard practice to meet these kind of problems as they arise."

To Corn's question he replied quietly "If you need some money see me after the meeting I will help as I can."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Aside of Belle there was little enthusiasm for his plan to turn this gathering of mages to a secret society. However, there was Camaraderie still.
    "Well, I was thinking to call a sleepwalker or mage that knew their way around computers to give us a hand with encryption in the Athenaum and the cellphones of the consilium magi. Perhaps help with secret identities and the like. That person, if we find one, would need to be paid.
    So far, things are tame but I believe we should take advantage of the good times to prepare for the bad ones. Enemies don't always come using magic; perhaps they may track us by accounts or other activities.
    "

He turned to Crystal and made a sweeping motion with his arm.
    "Here you are, councilor. Something that is of the concern of the entire consilium was brought up."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post

And after further discussion, the official meeting of Sacramento's Consilium came to an end.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread