Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

"No you cannot, or the ethics are not consistent!" Phoenyx protested. "You can, if they cannot counter your magic, or your gun. And I would have to.... find... someone else..." she trailed off awkwardly. "You do this. You make me try to make impulsive plans. Let me think for a moment." The Arrow is blushing awkwardly, but is also smiling.

There is a small frown. "I have never tried painting. I do not think I would be very good. I do like calligraphy though." She sighs. "I have been doing that - most social things with lots of people make uncomfortable. It is why going out is better - I do not have to talk so much. Or I can have a drink and find some attractive guy to have sex with. That's usually enough."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Another thoughtful look, “Nah, I think I can. And ethics mean different things to different people.” Her look changed to an amused one, “Sometimes it’s best to be impulsive, don’t think things through too much. Go with whatever happens, well, happens.” Which technically she could do that, pick up the phone and send a text.

“Well, no one said you have to be good at it! It’s just a way to spend an evening with friends and have fun. Plus, I don’t think anyone is too good at painting after a few glasses of wine.” True enough. “But I’m not trying to put you in uncomfortable situations, just different ones where you can observe people and give being social a try.” That was it. “Though there is nothing wrong with going out for a drink and finding a guy for the night, I say we do that.”

3. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

"Ethics may be different for individuals, but one should still hold oneself to the same standards they prescribe!" Phoenyx sounds a little flustered, confused as to why someone would say one thing for one person and do another themselves. "I... suppose. Sometimes they can be good. Sometimes they land you in trouble."

The Obrimos frowned a little. "I do not understand - why would you want to show others something you are bad at?" She purses her lips. "I have no choice because it is people I struggle with. But you could show someone things you are good at instead." Phoenyx had a lot more pride than she realised. It was as if anything less than the best needed to be hidden. "I... suppose I could try something where people are that is different. They would still just be people." There was a small smile. "Okay. I should call Belle. Do you want to invite anyone else?"

5. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“In some cases, that is true. But when it comes to the advice I give you, it’s because I care and want to see you succeed where I fail. Sort of me telling you not to make the mistakes I have if you will.” And it made perfect sense to her. “Well, yeah. But usually that’s because there was drinking involved.” A wink added.

Laughing, “There are numerous reasons! Showing someone something you’re not good at, builds trust and a connection. It shows others that you are not afraid of imperfection and can find the beauty in it. Lets face it, no one is amazing at everything. I still have tricks I fail at, but it shows those around me that I am human and can accept those failures. And yes, you could show them things you are good at, but then how do you improve on those? What else do you have to show them? By saying, here’s a painting I did, it’s not that good, but I want to keep trying, people will want you keep trying and be in your corner. If all you show is what you’re good at, well,” a shrug, “it gets boring and no one really cares and doesn’t invest much.” Who wants to hangout with someone perfect all the time?

Nodding, “And who knows? You might find something new and exciting you enjoy!” there were no losers in that situation. Shaking her head, “You mentioned it being a girls night, so I’m ok with just inviting her. And if other people show up, then whatever.”

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

"I understand that part, but you don't have to fail as well," Phoenyx replies apprehensively. "We can get better together." She didn't like suggesting her friend wouldn;t be good - something about that did not feel right.

Phoenyx thought for a moment. Aurora wouldn't laugh at her, so therewas something at odds here. "I... was always raised to strive for the best. When in public one needed to show oneself off in the best way. Trust came from teamwork, dealing with dangers. I know enough to not hold everyone to those standards, but I still keep myself to them." She frowns. "Maybe. Would... would you come with me?"

There was a small nod and a smile. Soemthing to look forwards to.

9. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Maybe it was years of experience. Or maybe she was just past the point of caring. “I wouldn’t say I fail, but I know where I’m not so good and work to avoid it. I like focusing on things I can improve on, like my magic and expanding my knowledge.” A reassuring smile offered, “You shouldn’t worry so much about me.” Really, it was weird to her.

“That isn’t a bad thing. To strive to always be good at what you do. But sometimes it better to show those around you that you are not perfect. People will relate to you better. Failures are just places where we can improve on. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how welcoming and accepting others are with others failures. Especially in our community. I mean, you still need to be careful, but I’ve had a lot of accepting people in life.” Laughing, “I think we make a killer team.” It had been the one time in a life or death fight she felt powerful. “Oh, of course I will!”

11. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

The Arrow frowns a little again. "Anything we work on we can improve at. It is not worry - the inconsistencies in your approach confuse me. You are recommending one thing for me to do but doing another. It is hard to tell which is right."

There is a shrug. "I do not like failing in front of people. It makes me feel lots of things, none of them enjoyable." There is a small smile. "I would feel better if I had a friend there."

We should wrap up. A fun scene as always

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Phoenyx saw inconsistencies, Aurora saw offering advice to not lead her friend down the wrong road. Or maybe it was inconsistent and confusing. She wasn’t sure.

“What is right is what you feel is right. I’m just giving bits I’ve picked up over my life.” And following that advice just wasn’t her. Following said advice opened her to be hurt. And she was not ok with that.

The smile was returned, “Then count me in! And if you fail and get uncomfortable, let me know and I’ll pull the attention to my own failure.” A wink added. Aurora had no qualms about making a fool out of herself in front of people she didn’t know. It’s how you learn and adapt.

Sounds good and yes! It was def a fun scene!! Thank you

15. Likes Xadun, Aeolus liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread