Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"The attacks in person and the ripping out of his influence in the dreaming all contributed. But yes... I am hopeful that dark time has passed for now." Rhodes' reply is thoughtful, rather than dour.

"A repeat? I honestly couldn't say. Working on the same principle as we just mentioned, I doubt it could hurt, but it would take prolonged repeats and expanded through other freeholds to have a longer-term effect." He stopped short of calling it a good idea, because that would mean endorsing Titania. It was still hard to see if this thing had an effect - it was all about the timing. "When was the original performance done? That might give some insight. Magic is as much about timing as anything else."

He smiles, and nods. "The Winter Thane and I have done mutual research on the Wyrdstone, but again with the size of the Freehold I see the role of Autumn to provide knowledge to all here. The first task is to provide willing - to seek out the knowledge. I do encourage perusal - simply let me know when."

Ready to wrap up whenever you are It was a lot of fun.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

There was too much going on in Gerrit's head to notice all the intricacies of Rhodes' emotions. He just thought for a moment before feeling secure enough in his memory to answer. "I think that was spring last year, February or March." Just like- The headache advanced down his spine, pulling tension and cold fire. But maybe he was just being dramatic. Maybe he just liked the pain more than he liked certain memories.
    His face didn't show any of this. "But Seraphina might know it better than I do. Maybe you could talk to her about it." And that was all that he could do for now. Maybe he'd have his very own audience by the Queen of Desire soon, but he wouldn't hold his breath.

"I will. I think I might have to go home now and.. uh, think about the things we've talked about. Thank you for indulging me." He couldn't even begin to evaluate this evening. Has he really earned some valuable insight? Did the Dread Lord just like the sound of his own voice or has this been actually interesting for both parties? Gerrit turned and got ready to leave, before stopping once more. "I think I owe you. Not on a bound, deeper level maybe - but I like to keep my words and repay favours." He had offered Anatole the same, but something told him that Rhodes would get back at him more readily than the Dwarf.

There was a lot to unpack. What he had read in that diary would pop into his head every now and then. And the whole theories, ifs and, maybes would keep him awake and pondering for many a night.

For now, he needed to take a walk home and get some rest.

Good to close. Thanks a lot, has been a blast!

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Hmm." That was definitely the right time frame. Perhaps just better to bury the whole affair, rather than acknowledging certain individuals and fueling their arrogance. "Well, I am sure she and I will talk very soon." Later that very day, in fact.

"You are welcome. You looking into deep magic, Gerrit, close to the very essence of what has made us. A lot of it is more an art than a science, especially for those looking to change something specific about themselves. Just remember that we have the power to do so. We can become many things. Metaphorically and literally." Rhodes smiles a little, and inclined his head. "I understand. If I think of something, I will be sure to let you know."

The Dread Lord saw the Ogre out of the Hollow, the door fading into the regular room behind them.

It was great, thanks closing up now.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

5. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread