Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

So many familiar faces! Liam is especially happy to see R'lyeh and Worm. A couple of more ground-level Lost, like himself. I wonder where Roshon is? She's one of the newer ones, right?

John enters and commands the room with his speech, and the Giant is very clearly moved. He wipes an amber tear from his own eyes and sniffles just a bit as the Winter King takes his seat. He almost starts clapping, but stops himself just short. Wait! It's probably not one of those speeches. "That was very beautiful." He hasn't heard that story about the broken femur before. But it's wonderfully romantic.

Liam nods respectfully to Rhodes and Sera before looking a bit excitedly at the lockbox. I wonder whose card I'll get? He looks to R'lyeh, Worm, and Gerrit. "I think I'll be taking a seat while we wait for the surprise. Care to join me?"

Anybody up for a side-thread?

2. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

The compliment from Circe brings a little blush from the Fairest, materializing as swirls of pinks and reds upon her cheeks, her eyes looking much the same in their now matching prismatic state.. She isn't used to being the one really noticed in a room. This is, of course, Seraphina's doing, given just how perfect the dress had turned out. It brings a large sense of joy to her. "Thanks. I have to give credit where credit is due. Sera is an incredible designer and artist." She can't help but give a genuine smile to Seraphina and thanking her as well for the compliment. "This is your doing. It's incredible and I can't thank you enough." There is a hint of tears that come to her eyes, threatening to spill out. No. No crying tonight. She's always so prone to it these days.

John's look to her doesn't go unnoticed, her eyes catching his, the little grey blush that always threatens to engulf his cheeks just a little apparent. Easily mistakeable for early nerves, of course. The Fairest manages to keep her own cool, resolving not to be the one to accidentally spill the wrong secrets tonight. I can't believe it's almost been a year. A strange thought to her. It feels like it's already been an eternity and a day.

"Thank you Gerrit ," She says, walking to stand by him as John begins his speech. It's a good one, aside from the slightly self-deprecating mention of not being as well spoken. He brings up a different side of Winter than most would consider. Huddling for resources and protecting one another from the cold winds of Winter and of Sorrow. It's a take that is often forgotten. He then mentions the truth and lie box and she can't help but smile a little, thinking of what she wrote. There is a sense of worry, but at the same time, she knows in this Freehold, her secret won't be one to use against her. She nods to John when he asks if he's given out the right gist.

Titania enters not long after the speech and she can't help but be drawn in by her gorgeous attire and appearance. Somehow, not a flutter of jealousy catches Cassandra tonight. No, tonight is going to be a good night.

"He did good," She says to Gerrit quietly with a little smile.

She takes a breath and then says, "I think I'm going to try and engage with Anatole." She was going to invite Gerrit to join her if he'd like, but Liam is calling for him to join and she doesn't want to pull him back and forth. She figures John will call for them to distribute the papers soon, but for now, she can talk with the Wizened if he'd like.

The Polychromatic walks up to the Wizened, her once emerald eyes shifting in prismatic hues as she looks at him. "Good evening, Anatole . How have you been? I feel like it's been a little while." You know, since Buttercup and Oliver. A stressful situation.

Side Thread?

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie looked over as James Turner spoke to her, and she smiled and curtsied in response, "Why thank you, your Chill Highness! I've been quite well, in fact." The Beast nodded, "Everything going good with you? How's Winter faring so far?" This was probably the most inquisitive she'd ever been about another Court. But she was a curious sort of person.

"Thanks!" she said to Seraphina as the Fairest complimented her dress. "It even has pockets! Look!" She demonstrated that the skirt did, in fact, have pockets.

The Claviger waved at those who arrived after her, happy to see the members of the Freehold still around after all this time.

When James announced the Truth and Lie game, Sonnie listened with interest.

Oh, so that's what it was about. This might be... is his Mantle stronger?
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole catches sight of Titania as the gorgeous Emerald Courtier makes her entrance. He smiles and gives her a sly wink before his attention is wholly taken up by the Onyx Cassandra.

Anatole moves to a side thread with Cassandra Reeding

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Although he was only one of many people Seraphina effortlessly socialized with, he felt the urge to enjoy the rays of sunshine that were her attention. "Sure. Just give me a heads up when you're free." And almost immediately there was a part of him that convinced him that she was just being polite. Good. It was better to set his expectations realistically.

Gerrit greeted R'lyeh with a smile as friendly as he could muster these days. Maybe it wasn't right, but there was still some pity for the Elemental. He didn't repeat his offer for conversation again though - some people just didn't like to be smothered by friendliness. Now that was something he could relate to.

Next, the Colonel. Fortunately his outfit wasn't as ridiculous as on other occasions - the Stonebones couldn't imagine CW taking John's scalding for inappropriate dress-code as calmly as Sonnie last year. "Hello Colonel Worm. Hope you've been well."

When he had his silent exchange with John the smile reappeared again, and it felt almost natural, worth the pain. Family. Apparently it was the connections of little words, the empathy instead of pity that showed deep bonds. And maybe Gerrit was in a better place all together by now. He didn't dare to become hopeful, but the Darkling's smile and Cassandra's radiant warmth at least promised the possibility of stability.
    He listened to John's speech. Just like last year, he decided to highlight the gentler side of Winter - only this time they didn't have a discussion about it beforehand. And this time the Ogre didn't really care much for it, frankly. Yes, the sentiment was a nice one, but only a fool would burn himself up to help everybody else. It was almost funny, how their general outlooks on the matter had swapped over the last year. What a happy and loving relationship can do to a man. He forced a cough, sending ripping pains up his throat and ached the bitter thoughts away. Middle ground. He had to find a middle ground.
    The speech ended with a reminder for their idea this year - Gerrit still hoped for numerous submissions. Not only was it a show of trust and respect, the more secrets were shared the harder it was for everyone to deduct the origin. It was safety in numbers, so to speak.

Cassandra was right: John did well. Although it probably meant so much more to her, to share his triumphs and fears. Although he knew he was part of this - they were a Motley. "Yes, he did. I'm sure next year he'll be even more comfortable with the part. And we'll be there with him." And some part of him even believed that, although he mostly said it because that's what the Artist needed to hear at this moment.

And look who'd decided to drop by again - Titania! Had she been merely busy for months or was her attendance some form of mockery? Heck, why was Gerrit even so fixated on the Fairest? Yes, she drew every eye towards her, so nobody could be blamed for thinking about her as soon as she entered the room but still.. Gerrit cleared his throat and gave the Telluric a short nod. "Hello Titania."

Gerrit looked to the entrance, then to the gathered Lost. He had been trying to keep count, but as far as he was concerned they should be all now. Well, there was this mix of many different animals.. Roshon, was it? She was missing. Then again, Gerrit couldn't really tell whether she was reliable or not. If she were to arrive later, she'd have to give someone a call or something, but he couldn't stand around and wait for every late arrival all night. Another change brought by the passage of Seasons. He turned to Liam and nodded. "Yes, I'll be there shortly."
    So the Ogre went to lock the door, returned to his place and gathered the box and utensils. His duty was almost over for tonight.

9. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hey Stargirl," she greets Titania's arrival, "It has been a while. Very kaleidoscope attire tonight, are ya hoping ta colorfully light up the night?" Circe was impressed at the combinations, it was a good contrast with her Mein. "Though if John keeps gaining his Mantle, might be a little chilly for us in the dresses."

Seraphina's challenge is accepted, "Truly? Well, why not?" Circe's blue and white bedecked shoulders shrug, "Beats putting a bowl on my head fer sure," she smirks at Seraphina before leaning in. Her blue hand is raised in an exaggerated stage whisper, "That sets the bar low for yer barber shop moment."

Circe laughs as Cassandra tries to pawn off the praise. "A good artist can't paint shit without a good canvas. Let's just say," she smirks at Cassandra, "Yer dress proves greatness met greatness," she then looks to Seraphina, "And is why I bow out ta ya and yer hubby on Hedgespinning. I'll stick with implements of violence or metal. Imma good at those."

Circe watches as a group of Lost break off for privacy. Have fun kids. Then looks back to Rhodes and Seraphina, quirking her left eyebrow and ear in question. In question of what? Meh, she'd make something up.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam departs for a side table for some chances at conversation...

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

More arrivals, and then John offers words. Not long, but formal and sincere. The Feeling of the Wyrdstone is familiar and reassuring. No enemies here. Even Rhodes could feel the wistful wind of James' Mantle, so like his own. Only now, the whispers drew up memories long unbidden. The cocky teen, so sure of his words. The child on hot California beaches. The lithe form of the Nightsinger riding him, pale bodies thrusting together in the moonlight, her black hair waving. The feel of his knife between her ribs, her blood over his naked form....

Rhodes jolted out of the reverie, his hand gripping the one of Sera's on his arm, watching the Onyx King with a new curious expression. A rising ire of bile rose in his head, dark jealousy of the power the Onyx King so casually held in the Court of Winter. He clamped down on the feeling - so gauche to show in public, after all. But it was becoming clear there was an abundance of powerful Mantles, and and the Dread Lord could not stand being drowned out.

And on that note, yet another would appear. Titania's arrival was quiet, elegant, her unmistakable presence and Mantle pulling the attention away following the Onyx King's closing words. To Rhodes, however, it meant only one thing. Too good to show for Autumn but here she arrives? Something must be done about this. An inclined head offered to his Paladin of Shadows, Anatole, as he moves over to join the Her. They did seem to pair up at Coronations from time to time.

He looks to his wife, the sight of her always a calming view. "Well, Darling, I should pluck my paper from the boxes. Who knows what insight it will give?" It was important for the monarchs to show willing for one another. He offers a small kiss to Sera, then makes his way towards that side.

Eyes catch the one person he was still very curious to speak to. Rhodes diverts from his previous path to sweep in the direction of the nervous Darkling. "Miss Ryleh. I was hoping you would be here this evening. I have something I would like to discuss, if you would care to join me?" He gestures towards the table where the box lies.

@Ryleh Saber Sloth care for a Side thread?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

(Wyrdstone)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

She smiles. Everyone is here. Or almost everyone. A lot of people are here. And she's here and no one is frowning at her and there's gentle-friendly-teasing! She's used to the other kind, so this kind stands out. It's weird-good-nice. "Hi." she says, to Colonel Worm , flattening her hand down her dress. "You're clothes are-also-look-good-nice. Yes." Her eyes, rove and devours what she can pick up from people, and watching the pretty-shiny-impressive clothes. There is a lot and she is very overwhelmed. Even though this isn't her first Coronation. It isn't even her second! And that is very strange-weird-good.

Skulking after the Winter King-John, pretty-moonlight-soft-snow-very-impressive and she cannot. She breathes. and presses a hand to the Sorrow-Cold Wyrdstone and presses her own Glamour into it. It gets swallowed down, but she's still feeling the safety-home-trust.

Then.

She can hear her heartbeat. It's loud and she can hardly hear anything under the clamour. But she can feel the shortness of her breath, how it feels like she in a freefall while also feeling like she's been submerged into artic waters. Fear slicks her spine.

The Dread Lord wanted to talk to her.

"Um." she stammers, feeling like it's ringing through the thundering of her heart. "Yes-uh-okay-um-yes?" tumbles out of her mouth before she can stop it.

Continued in (2112) R & R by the Box...
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

15. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm's about to return the John's greeting when the Darkling enters full Winter Monarch mode. To be expected, given the occasion.

The speech is very different from Rhode's Autumn flash and dazzle. But it's still on point. Hits Worm right in the gut. Indeed, if anyone is noticing, the Goblin is nodding along like he's in church. At one point, he fiddles with his sunglasses, maybe wiping away a tear? When it's finished, Worm sings out, enthusiastic and completely sincere: "Hear, Hear! Love you too, brother!" Can't help himself.

The Onyx King has nailed it: care, support, mutual aid. It comes in different forms. Some heal, some hide, some share. Others fight. Obviously, Worm's in the latter camp. But he does it for the same reasons John's just expressed. He fights because he loves everyone in the room. He fights because they deserve to be free and because they deserve retribution. He is filled with rage, sure, but it is a rage borne of a true sense of duty to his fellow Lost.

Speech over, Worm composes himself just in time for his Queen to say her piece: "No big deal, my lovely liege. You do you your royal thing." At her questions, he peeks over his glasses with a wicked grin, "Oh, I've been doing just fine. Skulls, limbs, giant man-eating frogs, cursed books. I've been fucking 'em all up. Why don't you give me a call soon and we can talk shop?" After all, he's pretty sure it's just the two of them now. Not that it bothers the Colonel. Between Circe and himself, he's positive they could tear a hole through just about anything. Sacramento Summer Court: army of two.

His fellow Wizened's compliment brings his attention around: "Thanks, 'Tole. And good to see you. We should really talk some time. Every time I see you, I'm like 'I should really get to know that guy...'" But then Cassandra swoops in and swoops off with the Autumn (without a word to Worm, which isn't that surprising).

Titania gets a wave. She's a babe. Gotta wave. And he hasn't seen her since the sewers.

Speaking of babes, Sera's compliment inspires him to do a 360. Might as well let her get a look at his ass in this suit. It's banging. "Oh stop, you're making me blush." Though his skin is the same shade blood-red.

To Liam now: "Wouldn't miss it for the world, good buddy. Be there in two shakes." Eyes shift to Gerrit, "I've been fucking fan-tas-tic. You head over with my Mr. Trunks and we'll catch up," he says with a wink. Fully intending to check in with both Ogres, but especially Gerrit. A pledge is a pledge, right?

He turns back to R'lyeh in time to catch her returning his compliment, "Hey, thanks. You want to go hang out with two Ogre's? I could use..." But it looks like she's got other business to attend to. Oh well. Another time.

With that, Worm heads off to join the L & G express...

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread