Watch

Mysterium meeting V

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

For the last meeting of the year, Corn has again arranged the seats for the Mysterium meeting in the large Athenaum of the Circle. He is dressed in his Mysterium-meeting robes as he waits for those affiliated with the order - officially or not - to arrive.
    The Athenaum is not very large. In one corner is the terrarium with the magic grubs. The Grimoire with the rotes of the Order stands on its pedestal and a few books and notes are on the shelves. Corn's personal computer is turned on, sitting on a desk. There are desks for those that want to study. On the side, there's a metallurgy workshop with several hand-me-town tools, molds, reagents and a furnace. Corn had made sure the Athenaum is warm and well lit, and that there's enough hot chocolate for everyone along with cinnamon buns. There's a small Christmas tree decorated with very edible candy canes hanging from it.

The invitations have been sent along with a reminder to everyone that robes are optional, but they are always an option. Corn has paid extra care in those reminders to be passive-aggressive enough pro-robes without it being too obvious that he was pushy about it - maintaining plausible deniability if someone called him out on it.

Belle Guru Aurora Crystal Mobius Zeromancer
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Aeolus, , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Didn’t they just have a meeting?

Either way, she wore a pair of white dress pants with a fitted turtleneck. The only color really being the black peacoat she wore. Hair was in long loose waves around her shoulders, a messenger bag slung over her shoulder, coffee in hand. It might have some Jameson added in.

Heels announce her entrance, a smile offered to Corn, “Looks like I’m early for once.” This doesn’t happen often, “How’ve you been?” setting her bag down. "Ready for the holidays?" walking over to the grubs to take a look at them. For being grubs, there was good memories tied to them.

4. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

This was his first official meeting and it was for the holidays. He was practically buzzing with excitement as he bobbed into the room whistling softly to himself holding up a glass tray holding a round Bundt cake that he'd sit away from things but in reach of people. "Brought a traditional spice cake." He then shifted his bag over his shoulder and pulled out a large thermos that was meant for backpacking and set it next to the cake with a smile. "Hot Coffee, I like dipping spice cake in it. I think it goes well."

Unsurprisingly he was full on board for the robes with Corn. He'd never pass up the opportunity to be comfortable over formal even if he could look good while doing it. His normal messenger bag was now hanging off a seat as he pulled out a notebook a fine point pen he clipped to the spiral binding but it was off to the side for now. "You look great Aurora, that peacoat is killer. I don't know, I don't really have any holiday traditions to do around here. For me it was mostly about seeing the people I cared most about you know. Here we are." Wry grin spread on his face as he took the opportunity to begin cutting the cake, one for everyone expected to start.

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer walked into the meeting. He was aware how they worked, and though Corn requested robes he never was really a robe kind of guy. He came in wearing a green trenchcoat with a button up shirt underneath, loose fit jeans and black utility boots. As he entered he saw what looked like a squirrelly dude talking up the dessert he brought. He then noticed attractive woman he was chatting to.

As he entered further he noticed the man of the hour, decked out in robes and looking as a head of the Mysterium would look like if you described them to someone not of the order. He approached Corn, and with an outstretched hand said, "Nice to see you again. do you mind introducing me to the others?".
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Bump Aeolus "Bump" this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

I will introduce Zero after a bit, to see whether more Mystagogues would show up. Is that OK?

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

That is fine, you could have even said as much in character. You are just the only character Zero knows at the moment.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal had mixed feelings about this meeting. On the one hand he really enjoyed spending time with his fellow Mystagogues, on the other he really wasn't here for Corn to ride his ass again about some new research project. Ugh, maybe they could circle back to what they were talking about at his party. He could go for a little bit of fun.

He entered the Mysterium's part of the circle wearing Dior. Even in Sacramento it was a bit wintery, so why not marry fashion with the strong suggestion of wearing robes? Was it a bit much and would he grow to regret this choice once it got too hot? Most likely, but he was more than willing to suffer a bit for this piece.

A few things immediately jumped at him, but one stood out in particular: there was a new face. A rugged, bearded face. Woof.
    Crystal's smile grew two sizes, but he didn't engage right away. He instead went straight to a free seat, got a legal pad and a pen out of his clutch and sat down. He had top open up his large coat/robe, revealing black pants and a tailored shirt underneath. He nodded at Aurora and Guru, obviously ignoring the festive decoration and the tree. "Aurora, you look just:" the Mastigos didn't use words, he just mimed a chef's kiss. "Hey Guru, I see you're treating us well again? Hope you're doing well!"

Next, he reduced his 400 Watt smile to a smirk and nodded at Corn respectfully. "Daduche Corn, I hope life has found you well since the last time we met." He was mostly asking because of all the shots that had been poured. The Moros was still a bit of a wild card when it came to how much liquor he could take.

Finally, he regarded the unknown Mage. "Hey, you're new here right? I'm Crystal, nice to meet you." He didn't get up from his seat for any of this. The risk of being roped into some kind of Christmas tradition seemed too high. Apparently they were still waiting for Belle and that other new girl. There was probably some more time to have some chit-chat before Order business began. And with the size of the Mysterium lately it could take a while.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

13. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Rote Casting: Ephemeral Image)Mana 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Another meeting? And with the potential of new faces? Belle was absolutely onboard.

And she was also robed up, out of courtesy to Corn and because she wanted to show solidarity. And maybe because she was actually warming up to the idea of business casual being robes. Beats usual business attire out of the water. ​Still, she leaves a bit of customization for her own...

2 successes

1 success

The blue robes are now decked out with red spiraling thorns across the length and sleeves. She enters and acknowledges familiar faces. "Hey everybody!" Her smile bright as ever. She takes her place next to her Counsilor with a look that says What do you think of my outfit? ​She gives the newcomer a friendly nod, but keeps her distance so as to not crowd him. "Looks like I'm no longer the newest face in the Mysterium."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Turning, “Oh! Spice cake sounds amazing!” she gushes. “But you know, this is reason I have to spend more time at the gym.” She teases Guru with a playful wink.

“Nice robes!”
    compliments the Shaman, “Thank you! I saw it and had to get it.” It was black, so it went with everything.

The new face gets a once over, there was something intimidating about his looks. But, he knows Corn, so he must be ok. But she was still weary.

“Hi,” she greets with a wave, “I’m Aurora, Shaman.” That was pretty much it. Though it felt weird to not have Councilor, it felt…right. And Guru was killing it as Councilor.

Now Crystal? He knew how to make an entrance. “Compared to your outfit, mine pales. Seriously, we need to go shopping sometime.” Though she didn’t think she could afford where he shopped. But, could still be fun.

Walking over to where she placed her bag, she removed her coat and sat.

“Hey Belle! Love the look!” it looked pretty badass to her.

16. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Guru and his psychedelic robes brought a smile to Corn's lips. "Welcome Guru." he said cordially " @Aurora, always a pleasure." he said with a nod.
    Zeromancer joined them "Ah, the man of the hour! Welcome Zero, I will introduce you once more of our fellows gather."
    Crystal walked in in his very expensive robe. "Wow, Crystal, you look dashing in this! You set the fash..."
    And then Belle walked in in her MAGIC robes. "Sorry Crystal, but the younger warlock has even your awesome robes beat. Belle I don't think anyone can top that superheroine ensemble."
    Corn was very pleased with the robes - or trench-coat robe equivalents- that were gathered. As the Mystagogues took their seats or sipped their preferred beverage, he moved to the center of the gathering.

"Welcome all, in the fifth Mysterium meeting. I am glad to see that almost the entire order showed up. I would like to introduce Zero, a Moros that joined the city recently and has been recognized by Councilor Mordenchai and myself. Zero is a Moros like me and was a Censor before he arrived in the city.
    Zero, welcome to our community. We try to be less stiff and formal than most gatherings of our order although we do have our academic streaks. At the time, we're the biggest order in Sacramento although we have been through some difficult times that left much of the Athenaum empty. We are trying to build back.

I would like to introduce you Aurora, daduchos, Shaman, Master of Life and Acquisitor. Then, there's Guru, Neokoros, Shaman Councilor. Crystal, with the fashionable robes is Neokoros and Mastigos councilor. Belle with the breath-taking robes is a warlock that aspires to be Neokoros of the order and we all expect her to be one.

What we discuss here is confidential. Better not spread information about the state of the Athenaum or our individual or group research projects with the other orders.
    Now, I would like each one of you to share a few words and introduce yourselves. Zero, you too.
    "

I still see Guru as apostate.
    Also, Corn refers to Zeromancer as "Zero" not with the entire name.

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread