Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2112) On Bread

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Shit man, wish I could. Memory is swiss cheese most of the time. I try and write down or type out the important things. Writing is better than typing, either way, reinforces the memory. Why I try and repeat things over and over again until it becomes habit. Why when I was REALLY learning my chemistry I'd write down my notes over and over again until I could just start moving my hand and remember my notes. I don't know why, just the way it's always been. I wasn't ever really good in school." His feet dipping up and down as he shuffled his weight back and forth, giving it a quick and dismissive shrug.

"Surprised you say that, most of those are just absolutely stuffed to the brim with sugar. Way too much sugar, for these I did a nice, organic honey glaze. I don't beekeep but one of my neighbors does, I trade labor for honey and boy is it worth it, also Pecan can make up for a lot of gaps in flavor. It might be cheating a little." He said with a grin before his eyes narrowed as there was a spark in his memory as he turned to Corn. "Wait, was it just that baking is chemistry?"

Continued from (2112) Sanctuary...

Belle Corn

Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Continued from (2112) Sanctuary...

Belle takes another bite of the tasty treat and savors it, now that she's aware of its makeup. "You know, I can taste the honey now." She's not too surprised; Guru strikes him as the not so much a mad scientist as a gifted one. "Hey, no shame in some easy fixes when cooking is concerned. And it sounds like you've got some nice connections there. Know anybody with knowledge in bird keeping?" ​Steve's...Kaze's birds were fun housemates, but she wants to make sure she was up to date in care taking.

"Chemistry is just a nerd's way of explaining the intricate...I say that as a nerd myself."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

To Guru 's question Corn simply answered "Baking is chemistry as you said those months ago, Guru. What about Stevia? My wife uses it, but my mother considers it a subpar product where taste is concerned. She doesn't even put it in her coffee, let alone her sweets."

To Belle he said "I am afraid I don't. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks Belle. Right, figure they already pair together and a bit more never hurt." Guru snapped his finger with a nod, "See I got through the swiss cheese memory eventually," a soft rumbling laugh still smiling through it. "I used to believe Science was the discipline we used to understand the world. My Faith was shaken given, well..." He waved his hand around the room to all the Awakened whose eyes had been opened. "The Discipline and rigor still hold up and I know the rules to operate within." A small shake of his hand demonstrating his uncertainty in that area.

"As far as Stevia goes, I find it exceedingly bitter and not sweet. Not to my tastes and really. If it's being used as a sugar replacement, you're in for an uphill battle unless there's a good recipe to follow." Guru gave a shake of his head as far as bird keeping went, "I'm ok with animals but Kaze was the only one I knew who kept birds and he was cutting corners."

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle mirrors Guru's laugh, though hers is just a few pitches higher. An alto to his bass. "Well, you know what they say: science is just what we pretend to know, whereas magic is what we know we don't." She'd heard that from somewhere, but couldn't quite grasp where at the moment. "It helps to have a little wonder in the mix to keep the mind open."

Artificial flavors? Belle wrinkles her nose a bit. "I mean, it's okay. But my taste buds are a bit picky." Belle wasn't about to deny she had a sweet tooth. "Isn't there some Matter trick you could use to create your own super-sweetener? Like drawing out the essence of honey or cane sugar and then mix and matching? Somebody has to have thought of it first?"

Sounds like bird keeping is a bit of a lost art among Magi. She playfully shakes her fist. "It's because of those damn cellphones! If we'd just stuck with carrier pigeons, then we'd all know the fine art of bird keeping." She chuckles, reveling in the silliness of it all. "It's all good though. I've been looking at some online forums on bird care, and pigeons seem to be real resilient critters. Though I'll probably need a lot more time before they'll be trained to send letters to Hogwarts."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"Yes, there is a matter trick to do such things. It is exactly the same trick that can increase the kick of alcohol or turn poison much more effective.
    And while I admit I might have used a bit of a "magic booster" when trying to woo my wife or better, my mother in law - don't let Winter hear me saying that - it takes some of the fun out of it. Also, making the sweetener sweeter doesn't necessarily help. You end up with sweeter sugar. That's not going to save your recipe.
    "

He laughed amused when Belle mentioned Hogwarts. "I love Harry Potter references. My previous Shadow Name was Lord Voldermort. Don't judge me! I was young! " he said with a chuckle - probably thinking "corn" is a better Shadow name.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru looked taken a back by what Belle had said, it got him to stop and pause and as he had to consider those words. "Shit, should have just taken credit for that one. I'm going to have to chew on that one a bit. Little bit of wonder, lot of motivation." He said with a laugh that was obviously forced a small shake of his head.

The shift in topic hadn't done much more to shake that off, another shake of his head. "It's not scissors, it's not something I'm going to use simply because it's convenient. I might push the bounds of credulity there with the hundred thousand ideas I want to test in my mind. But they're just ideas for now and when I go to pursue them I'm going to talk to people and consider safety first." His hands held up as he went quiet to show he was stopping the lecture before pinching his nose as Corn inserted an ethical grenade into Guru's brain and let it detonate.

He let out another, long sigh as he took a second to lean back, "I think if Magus Winter and I agree on anything it's likely that we should always be wary and vigilant of the Abyss and its influences. I'm hoping it was only to make a good first impression at least." The second detonation came when his imagination began picturing what it might be like to live under prolonged manipulation like that. He compulsively scratched at the back of his hands more than elated as he'd heard birds again.

"I know the movies, never read the books. Any reason you're looking into birdkeeping though? I know the raw basics of animal care but that'd be about it. Owls are fascinating creatures because of their wing design though. It allows for their stealthy flights, Oh! Also you can't really keep owls as pets. An Owl kept in captivity will never stop trying to murder their jailer. Fun facts?" His hands held palms up in a shrug before looking to Corn with newly renewed smile. "I go by Guru, sure as shit not gonna judge you there." That real laughter returning as the moment seemed to have passed for now.

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

"We have had this discussion about the Abyss in the past. I agree, but I wouldn't hamper my growth as a mage out of fear. That's also feeding into the lie." Corn said.
    Then he changed the subject, "So, Guru , I believe I will have time in the coming weeks to help you with your studies as discussed in the party. Let me know when you are available to work out a schedule. "

Checking his watch, Corn said "It was a pleasure, all of you. But I think I should be going. Merry Christmas to you both."

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

The day, much like this meeting, came to an end, carrying its various conversations with it.

Closed Thread