Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
PrP Tunnel Trek

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Narration:
    The shadows of the tunnels beneath Funderland have a break in their gloom, and noise too. The noise is and light is coming not from the unexplored tunnels the Lost didn't enter, but from the South passage they entered the network from.

The Lost have arrived at the storage room with the newly Summer installed, and locked, door. The khaki covered Summer monarch is eager to enter to start. The room isn't furnished for anything at all, though a sweep of Circe's helmet's light shows it is cleaner than before. Circe's doing.

Cleanup wasn't her objective now. Now? Exploration! The Summer Queen even had herself a map.

A terrible map, but still a map. Though that wasn't what she was fishing out of her khaki pant's pocket as she walks past the wheel barrel she'd left there. Nay. The first thing? That was the key for the door. The eflin Summer leans against the wall beside it, waiting for the others to catch up to her as she twirls the key ring on her finger.

Welcome to the second tunnel PrP BoxingUnicorn / Liam , Orianna / Seraphina , Cayce / Roshon . Please include a list of what your character has brougth with them for equipment

On Circe

Wheel barrel
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Roshon felt like a packmule, loaded down with a backpack of general gear, an assault rifle, and a heavy AF toolbox. Or, at least it was heavy AF for her. Roshon didn't lift. Maybe she should change that, at least a little bit.

Anyways, it was probably better to have and not need, then need and not have, blah blah blah, plus she assumed they'd have some sort of base camp/staging area to stash the tools until they were needed. In the meantime, she just had to take some breaks and set things down every hundred yards or so before she finally met up with Circe.

"Holy shit, cart-thing!" Roshon blurted out when she caught sight of the wheelbarrow.

"Why didn't I think of bringing a cart-thing?" She added, huffing and out of breath as she set the toolbox down with a clunk.

Equipment:
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Jan 5th, 2022 at 12:24 PM.
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

4. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Origins liked this post
    Bump Origins "Bump" this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

It was time to hit the tunnels again. And Sera was ready. Well, as ready as one can be to get dirty and dig around in the dirt. But actually, she didn’t mind.

Walking into the starting point, she whistled, “Wow Circe, you’ve been busy! Should have called me, I would have helped.” Was she a little disappointed she wasn’t called to help? A bit. "How are the batteried lights holding up?"

Smiling, “Hey Roshon! Will be great having your help!” she sounded happy to see her.

For this trek, the Spring Queen was very casual. A pair of old jeans, black tank top and a hoodie that zipped in the front. She had boots on and her long hair was in a braid down her back. She wore no makeup.

“I still have those maps with me if we need to look at them again.” Patting the backpack.

Sera has bottled water(2), trail mix, notebook and pencil, research, first aid kit, two flashlights, three headlamps, handheld GPS, compass, cell phone on vibrate
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes , Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

As familiar as he's become with the "Under-Funderland", Liam still finds the tunnels just a bit unnerving at first entry. Especially since he'd recently had a brush with his giant self. Hard to forget when you're that tall...that powerful...There was a part of him that that extra size, that wanted to lose himself in the freedom of being that full treant self. But that part wouldn't be any use to his friends right now.

Besides, it looks like their Tunnel Family had expanded.
    "Hi everyone! Hey, Roshon! Glad to have you down here. Have you had any trouble with the rats? I've been working on them to make them less hostile to us." ​He shrugs his backpack and adjusts it slightly. He's got a large lamp in one hand and a shovel hanging from his backpack loop. The Ogre wanted to be prepared.

Equipment: Battery-Powered Lamp; First-Aid Kit; Protein Bars (6); Canteen (water; 2); Backpack; 2-3 Goblin Fruits; Smart Phone; Shovel
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

8. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Rashon's outburst earns laughter with a smarmy smile from Circe. Always energetic this one. Given how much she was carrying, the Larcenist is a little surprised she isn't the one bringing up the rear. A for effort. The elfin Fairest gets out two things that will be of use before the key. Yet the Summer queen can't help running her mouth, "Cardio? Ya can drop the heavies inta the barrel now though," she waves her left hand, holding a piece of paper, towards the wheel barrel, "Keep the AK handy if we find water, just in case of Hedge Gates," she nods in approval at its inclusion. Then mumbles, "Stupidi granchi nemici giganti."

Seraphina on the other hand asks a good question. How many different types were there of the battery lights? Maybe three or something like that. "Glad ya asked Sera. Batteries are good thus far, even left a few of the different ones on ta see if they'd last a day. The cheap one did," she chuckles before sighing as she looks at Liam, "And that go green plant based plastic one? Sup Liam, and ya should hear this too. Rats love starchy plastics." Then she gives him a thumbs up with her right hand, "But, I've got no bites down here from them though, so ya done good bro."

Really they ran from Circe more often then not. As far as maps are concerned, Circe waves the paper in the air, "I got a shitty one fer right now. Keep yer better ones secure my friend."

"Okay, Roshon welcome ta the Underland of Funderland. Liam and Sera," she smirks, "Welcome back. I'll make a brief," with everyone arriving Circe unfolds the large sheet of paper, bigger then letter size at least, to slap it upon the sheet metal adorning the door. Then reveals the second thing she'd had in her right hand with the keys. A rat refrigerator magnet.

"Okay, we're here,"
    she points at the S, "The bridge and big cave thing are here, then here," she points B and G respectively, "And we ain't looked down what's at these three," she points to the 3 unexplored paths. "I wanna fix that. I brought that," she points to the marine drone in the wheel barrel, "Because smarty Sera and I figured out that some of these tunnels used ta have water tours. Then those flooded. No swimming because of what we found in the tunnel last time and what I found in the Hedge."

Circe then points to the Y intersection, the place with the first unexplored tunnel. "Cassandra did a great job navigating last time and I think that way was towards the river. Correct me Liam or Sera if I'm having a blonde moment. Tactical stuff, secure routes before exploring, yadda yadda, means I wanna the first one." She looks to Roshon, then Sera, and finally Liam, "Not brief. Anybody got a thought or five?"

On Circe

Wheel barrel

ooc: Okay, figured out how to do it right by just looking at the file and seeing the USE THIS FOR IMG link.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Smiling and waving, “Hey Liam! Glad to hear you’ve been working with the rats.” But Circe would be the one to know if it was paying off.

A nod at the info, “Good to hear they’ve been good thus far. I’ve been keeping an eye out for longer lasting ones. But giving the conditions down here, I think we should be glad they’re working at all.” Taking out her notebook, she makes a note about the lights, then raises an eyebrow, “Ouch. Ok then, metal it is!” cost a bit more, but they would last longer. “How about the ones with the rechargeable batteries? Those doing ok or is the recharge thing not working?” cause it would be easy to keep a stash of rechargeable batteries on hand and ready to go.

Patting the messenger bag, “Just let me know if we need them.” She didn’t even think of putting them in plastic, she should have done that. It would have been the smart thing to do.

Looking over the paper, there was a nod here and there, then a frown, “I’ve begun to feel a pull to water, but I don’t have anything that will be useful just yet.” It had been weird…but invigorating.

“I’m ready to get started.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

12. Likes Origins liked this post
    Bump Origins "Bump" this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe:
    "Uh, fine? Yeah, probably totally fine," she nods as Seraphina asks about the batteries. The elfin Fairest would claim to have remembered to check that if asked.

Lying badly

She looks to Roshon and Liam, "No questions? Great!" She uses the keys to unlock the door and swing it open. "Lets get things rolling! I call not it on the wheel barrel," Circe is quick to include. Instead, she seeks to lead the group to the Y intersection.

Narration:
    Circe didn't compare by batter type, only model. She forgot, and it is obvious she didn't check. Seraphina's sense for water is not yet strong enough that she'd have detected the...semi-liquid pool found the last time the Lost ventured as a group into the tunnels.

The Lost venture forth into the tunnels. A skilled perception check may note a previous trail throug the dust on the floor, well worn as if several groups have passed over it. Like the Lost that have been working upon the gallery area.

It takes about 15 minutes for this group to hit the Y intersection, with Circe happily trying to take the lead as they head North, headlight lit up. The group is now "above" the Y on the map.

Make perception or survival checks to notice things.

Circe:
    failure

14. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam raises a hand. "I'll take wheelbarrow duty!"

2 successes

The Giant takes up the rear of the group pushing the wheelbarrow, content to allow the Fairest to control the flow of conversation while he did the heavy lifting. His steady pace helps him get a closer look at the tunnel surroundings as he takes in the disturbed dirt and other natural phenomena below the surface. He's especially alert for any sounds of his furry friends.
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

16. Likes Origins liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Nix appears content with the Summer’s answer, and doesn’t ask anything else.

With the group moving, she walks behind Circe, flashlight out. The light beam moved over walls and ceilings, but nothing stands out to her.

failure

A smile to Liam, “Thanks!” she would have given it a go if no one else offered. Would have been slow going, but she would have tried. "We can switch off if it'll make it easier for you." not that she doubted his strength, but it was the nice thing to do.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Origins liked this post

0 Scenes

With Cayce going on Hiatus, we'll just say Roshon remembered something/got a call and had to bow out

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread